FYI: Crafting Strongbox Keys

Nice discovery and what a lot of the player base has been asking for. I think this may just drive up box prices as they'll be snapped up and opened. Which I guess will be good for players who can't break into mayhem top 10's. Given these keys can be bought TT in effect through webshop I wouldn't expect the price of these to be too extreme MU and the ingredients are cheap enough. I hope this is a good indication of base material usage in BP's going forward. e.g. Lyst, oils in this case.

(y) this is the best update since loot 2.0

WTB seasonal rings TT+1
Unless the drop rate changes I think rings will still be same price. Dropping when the next best ring comes.

Ok, maybe time for me to finally inform myself after my stubborn or wilfull refusal to engage with having to deposit to get access to something in-game. So, noob hat on, but my qs may help others too if answered nicely :).

What is it that has the actual 10 ped value of what is contained in the boxes, was it the keys? Was it that normal boxes are essentially free, but that special Xmas and other event boxes have an mu of a few peds?
Keys are untradeable I read above, so we all have to actually craft whatever keys we want personally and thus need the bps and the mats to do so?
(edit: there's 1 on AH, so scratch any importance placed on p2p tradeability... I assume can also be sold in shops then?)

It will be strange not having a market value (mu) of something we can craft, but I guess that is individual cost that people end up with depending on their crafting successes.
I wonder how commonly the bps will drop...

Last edited:
Anyone know or willing to share, even via PM, what crafting drops the BP. I'm assuming Tools.

ah to bad they don't drop from ep1 , i started doing those for the daily crafting mission on Toulan.

Sure they will, why wouldn't they?

The webshop and the keys, in particular, were created as a way to bring fresh money into the game instead of recycling the existing ped that already belong to MA anyway. It's MA's bread and butter, just look at the revenue explosion on the financial reports since the webshop launch. Sure, many people withdraw the ped and deposit them again through the keys but they pay the withdrawal fees and then lose some while cycling all that universal ammo, so it's still perfect.

But people demanded a way to get keys in game and MA promised it, and here's their way out. But if they hurt their webshop revenues but making this bps common, they'll risk going out literally.

Not to mention the crash of the rings' value and the following loss of trust. How invest in something if it can get devalued overnight? What's next, crafted land area deeds?

Last edited:
I guess as a pay-to-play type player who hasn't "invested" my retirement into virtual items, in hopes that they don't disappear someday, I don't see the issue with paid keys in webshop - or paid keys in-game.

Before webshop items, I paid for ped from MA. post webshop, I pay for boxes from MA. If I wanted ingame keys for some reason, I would pay with ped, that I originally got from the webshop.

I guess if I had blown my retirement funds on ingame investments, or spent my ingame time reselling, manipulating prices and auctioning to earn ped without paying for it from MA, it might make more sense.

As far as trust, you can't lose something you never had.

Well, I hope the droprate is high enough that people make larger stacks for the AH without fees eating up large chunks of the price. If this bp helps various oil prices at least match the 101% from shrapnel then I won't massively overkill punies from now on just to get shrap only ;). What a dent in revenues that will make...

The webshop and the keys, in particular, were created as a way to bring fresh money into the game instead of recycling the existing ped that already belong to MA anyway. It's MA's bread and butter, just look at the revenue explosion on the financial reports since the webshop launch. Sure, many people withdraw the ped and deposit them again through the keys but they pay the withdrawal fees and then lose some while cycling all that universal ammo, so it's still perfect.

But people demanded a way to get keys in game and MA promised it, and here's their way out. But if they hurt their webshop revenues but making this bps common, they'll risk going out literally.

Not to mention the crash of the rings' value and the following loss of trust. How invest in something if it can get devalued overnight? What's next, crafted land area deeds?
Why do people think this will crash the value of rings ? You think you will loot more rings if there are more keys around ? Surely you don't believe this. MA controls the drops of those rings with an iron fist, and all drops for that matter. have no doubt of that.

Why do people think this will crash the value of rings ? You think you will loot more rings if there are more keys around ? Surely you don't believe this. MA controls the drops of those rings with an iron fist, and all drops for that matter. have no doubt of that.

From my experience it took opening a lot of boxes before getting a seasonal ring and I still consider myself lucky that it even happened. So whether the keys are crafted or obtained from the web shop I think it will more than likely take opening lots of boxes to get a decent ring unless you are really lucky. I did come across some interesting loot via the strong boxes before my ring so I can't complain and I use the ammo and pills so it was a good method for me to bring money into EU without using the traditional deposit methods.

Crafted keys are interesting and it will probably give others more opportunity to open their own looted boxes instead of selling them. MA has probably looked at the numbers and considered it a gain to have this option. I am just not sure if its a win-win just yet.

Where is my craftable MindForce strongbox.

I disagree.

I do believe they will make BP's commonplace but my question is this drop limited to Calypso or all planets?

I think giving players an option who don't necessarily craft ( such as myself ) have the option to buy my keys from the Webshop, like many who do not want to spend time 'possibly' getting a key or 2 and just go and buy many and not spend the time or money crafting them. I think giving players the option and other players to sell Bp's is a huge plus and boost to the economy. Nobody is saying you must craft them or stop using Webshop as some will still use Webshop and adding to fresh revenue.

My only wish would have been to maybe add sweat to the materials on BP and give even more kick to new players.

Last edited:
For some reason I think that overabundance of available keys won't really hurt anyone.
Like if crafting cost of key is around 10 ped it doesn't matter much for MA if that key was obtained thru crafting of bought directly from webshop.
And if someone crafts an excessive number of keys he might think of buying excessive number of boxes from webshop thus increasing MA revenue further

Back