More/New UL weapon offerings

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
not going to do a long post on this...

we had a huge influx of players in the last 2 years, and there's little-to-no options in the 70%+ eff / 65+ MA dps category. As much as MA might dislike UL equipment, a platitude of veteran players will literally not play if there's no option to push forward in the game.

tl;dr there's too many players, not enough good UL weapons, and inflating prices have caused peer-2-peer resellers to !!!! the market.

Just wanted to add that I’ve personally withdrawn a significant amount of PED and have left for the time being as a result of this exact issue.

Resellers have been manipulating/inflating prices in the market for UL weapons for some time, leading to absurd prices on decent efficiency gear.

Resellers have adapted to the new higher eff motto faster than the avg player have which means they have managed to snag many deals and will likely continue to do so. MA doesn't want to add too many UL weapons in the game because it will ruin player investment trust and oversupply the market.
Resellers are still gonna buy the new ul weapons if you don't wanna pay more than what you feel is right then you can't buy it.
It doesn't matter how much a weapon cost if you use it enough it will save you enough in MU to pay for itself and it's always better than using (L) longterm.

If there's no affordable UL weapons for you then you aren't looking hard enough or you're being too picky about the price. Again think longterm investment rather than how much it costs. You should be using a new UL weapon for years not months. Assuming you're happy with its dps lvl.

High efficiency gear is luxury and should be priced luxury - its the fast way to better average returns and deserves to be priced accordingly - for everyone who doesnt want to pay premium there is looter profession skills -> thats the way i went and gained high average returns without using high efficiency gear.

High efficiency gear is luxury and should be priced luxury - its the fast way to better average returns and deserves to be priced accordingly - for everyone who doesnt want to pay premium there is looter profession skills -> thats the way i went and gained high average returns without using high efficiency gear
So basically.
High eff gear = big investment upfront until your looter levels are high enough then you can go for more dps and less high eff.
Lower eff gear = smaller investment upfront and losing battle until your looter is high enough. Go for maximum MU possible if you go this route.
Both of them should avg out in the end. If you see all your losses as an long term investment to your avatar then why bother getting high eff at all? Just go for max dps you can, eventually you will in theory ;) earn back lost peds when you reach uber looter levels.

So basically.
High eff gear = big investment upfront until your looter levels are high enough then you can go for more dps and less high eff.
Lower eff gear = smaller investment upfront and losing battle until your looter is high enough. Go for maximum MU possible if you go this route.
Both of them should avg out in the end. If you see all your losses as an long term investment to your avatar then why bother getting high eff at all? Just go for max dps you can, eventually you will in theory ;) earn back lost peds when you reach uber looter levels.
Most high efficiency weapons are a tradeoff anyways as they have lowish dps/ped cycle capacity and therefor make for slow skilling making it that much longer to skill up looter profs till they exceed existing efficiency weaponry.

my guess is that MA do not want too many peopl with good efficient gear.

i mean, why would they?

I suppose I should amend simply to say that UL supply should go up when the player base has objectively increased and is holding. That’s all.

the problem isn't the price, it's the lack of options.

Last edited:
my guess is that MA do not want too many peopl with good efficient gear.

i mean, why would they?
so people like me don't simply quit out of frustration trying to reach endgame

so people like me don't simply quit out of frustration trying to reach endgame
I feel you pain but there is several affordable options with good eff out there. It took me 6-8 months and some compromises to find a gun I was happy with (eff 78%) and that mach my bankroll. I think you are just to picky so you need to lower your requirements to match your wallet. Have you looked at all rifle, pistols, swords, powerfist, mindforce? What DPS do you need, how big is you bankroll for hunting, what rings have you planned to use, what fap do you have, armor. Do you have an answer to all this? If not, study and think.

If you are not willing to find a work around and spend a lot of time doing research then you should quit and stop complaining

somehow I have a feeling that new gear might be on the way ;)

Fen was a good opportunity for you to invest in something cheap. Great claw were 15-25k peds at start and strong around 30k ~

not going to do a long post on this...

we had a huge influx of players in the last 2 years, and there's little-to-no options in the 70%+ eff / 65+ MA dps category. As much as MA might dislike UL equipment, a platitude of veteran players will literally not play if there's no option to push forward in the game.

tl;dr there's too many players, not enough good UL weapons, and inflating prices have caused peer-2-peer resellers to !!!! the market.
It will be boring if everyone drive Ferrari's. Go in bank and take loan and buy UL gun for right price.

Sorry Rocket, but did you not just sell an imk2 a month or two ago?

W
Sorry Rocket, but did you not just sell an imk2 a month or two ago?
as unmaxed and kinda inbetween a good work schedule. Listed before leaving for Singapore for 3 weeks and didn’t expect someone to actually buy it at 95k lol

This is the crux of my point. Problem will debate but tbh we just had a massive influx.
Yes, and increasing supply proportionately with demand is a reasonable request. Massively increasing prices is a good indication of inbalance.

W

as unmaxed and kinda inbetween a good work schedule. Listed before leaving for Singapore for 3 weeks and didn’t expect someone to actually buy it at 95k lol
So from what I understand you want all these super high eff gear available all the time? A new update comes with so many new things to do and suddenly you decide its a good time to look for a new wep because you sold your old imk2, that you also made a decent profit off? Does sound to me that someone does not have patients enough to wait for a wep :) I personally think there is a pretty good balance atm

It took me 6 months to get the 2 UL weapons I wanted. I was patient and explored all avenues and was eventually rewarded with the items I wanted. Since then I have seen both weapons for sale in various places and the next to guns I plan to skill up to have also been for sale on a few occasions. Nothing wrong with using L weapons till the right UL for you comes on the market.

Sure, UL weapons for everybody!!!!
Or else they will all quit!

Wasn't the point of less UL that it would create a market for L, and also to keep them special and keep the prices intact?

How many people do you think will quit if their weapon halves in value overnight because MA pumped more UL in the game?

Be very careful what you wish for.

If you REALLY want it, show some devotion and just buy one. Might take time, but if you don't have the patience, entropia is a very bad place for you.
Dude, to think you sold a rifle for 95k....and still complaining.

Also, what happens when the player base numbers go down again?

I think its fine the way it is. Many UL weapons are not even used, just sitting on avatars. Ma probably releases weapons based on amount of active players.

I do however think they could release some nice 65-80 % effi weapons like gauss, plasma, some swords. :) (Last batch of weapons was a good mix, and we could mix it up a little more).

Also, what happens when the player base numbers go down again?
system runs a net positive for a while and as players go inactive guns magically disappear like they have in the past.
So from what I understand you want all these super high eff gear available all the time? A new update comes with so many new things to do and suddenly you decide its a good time to look for a new wep because you sold your old imk2, that you also made a decent profit off? Does sound to me that someone does not have patients enough to wait for a wep :) I personally think there is a pretty good balance atm
no don't extrapolate my suggestion to this. patience is an issue i have, but it's 2021, waiting months to continue moving forward is a drag.

Sure, UL weapons for everybody!!!!
Or else they will all quit!

Wasn't the point of less UL that it would create a market for L, and also to keep them special and keep the prices intact?

How many people do you think will quit if their weapon halves in value overnight because MA pumped more UL in the game?

Be very careful what you wish for.

If you REALLY want it, show some devotion and just buy one. Might take time, but if you don't have the patience, entropia is a very bad place for you.
Dude, to think you sold a rifle for 95k....and still complaining.
i'm not complaining just pointing out that we had a huge playerbase increase and the balancing team hasn't taken any action. weapons are just the start, but there's still a big problem with fire root and various resources needed to make the L weapons everyone likes to use. L weapons are a bit pointless when the baseline markup cost is 130% and your typical hunter is going to get 101.5-102% out of his/her hunts. The high-markup L weapons scheme was fine back in 2007-2010 when you could literally go hunt, pay 10-20% added cost, and still do okay.

basic point i'm trying to make here is more players but not more guns. Gun prices through the roof being so inflationary indicates there's a blaancing problem, and finally - there's a big "gap" in weapon efficiency from 70-80% that could use "filling in"

I think its fine the way it is. Many UL weapons are not even used, just sitting on avatars. Ma probably releases weapons based on amount of active players.

I do however think they could release some nice 65-80 % effi weapons like gauss, plasma, some swords. :) (Last batch of weapons was a good mix, and we could mix it up a little more).
also this really. lots of "missed" opportunity

Wasn't the point of less UL that it would create a market for L

I used to say the same, but the problem is that loot 2.0 made returns too tight, and these days, there is too little markup in hunting loot. In the old days, high enough DPP meant you could easily get 100% or better TT returns. Today, few people (if any) can get better than 100% tt, and very few stackables have high markup.

Of course, there are still opportunities to turn a profit. But today, it's more through winning events or looting Titan armor pieces - things that are out of reach for many.

I know of two sales of a imk2 tier 3 sold for around 85k and 90k, so a high tier on today’s market might land around 130-150 k, we are almost back to how it use to be :) ppl that now wanna make that money back, they are looking on a 3-4 year investment. Not to bad I would say. So many new things coming on diffrent planets. So much potential for MU, we just saw smilgs log about the Gordon wave, a 38k+ plus month. soon every planet have similar potential. So perhaps you can even make that investment back quicker with some luck :)

i'm not complaining just pointing out that we had a huge playerbase increase and the balancing team hasn't taken any action. weapons are just the start, but there's still a big problem with fire root and various resources needed to make the L weapons everyone likes to use. L weapons are a bit pointless when the baseline markup cost is 130% and your typical hunter is going to get 101.5-102% out of his/her hunts. The high-markup L weapons scheme was fine back in 2007-2010 when you could literally go hunt, pay 10-20% added cost, and still do okay.

basic point i'm trying to make here is more players but not more guns. Gun prices through the roof being so inflationary indicates there's a blaancing problem, and finally - there's a big "gap" in weapon efficiency from 70-80% that could use "filling in"

I think this is more a structural problem. Lack of MU.
Caused by lack of craftable stuff which actually makes sense.

The introduction of explosive crafting for example.
No more demand for looted materials since the TT provides everything you need.

So without MU indeed it doesnt make sense to pay high MU on L rifles.

Solution could be to give an UL rifle to everybody, or to create a more healthy economy where MU on L rifles can be justified.

So much potential for MU, we just saw smilgs log about the Gordon wave, a 38k+ plus month. soon every planet have similar potential. So perhaps you can even make that investment back quicker with some luck :)

Smilgs, a real good reference for the average player indeed.
If Smilgs can do it, we all can, right!?
:ROFLMAO:

Smilgs, a real good reference for the average player indeed.
If Smilgs can do it, we all can, right!?
:ROFLMAO:
The avg player doesn't use UL equipment. The avg player uses (L) weapons. If everyone had cheap UL weapons who would buy the (L) ones to stimulate the economy?
UL weapons with 50-60% eff are for people who invest some in the game and want to save MU on (L). Upper 70%-90%+ are the ones who are highly invested in the game, some want to use these weapons to compete in mayhems others to get higher avg tt return.
Invest in the game instead, invest and think long term. This game ain't going anywhere anytime soon. I wasted my time for many years in Entropia fearing investing too much and not having faith in the system (took many breaks). I can't even imagine what level I'd be now if I had gone and got an imk2 in loot 1.0.
In mere aprox 9 months with my bp-70 perfected I went from lvl 60 to lvl 100+. I wasted my time many times with changing gear, and not truly investing as high as I could. My account was created in 2006. Now I know better and know that the system works (even in loot 2.0), it favors efficiency and DPS, lastly but not least your looter professions.

Back