Remove vehicles from oil rig (yesterday) !

Should MA remove vehicles from the oil rig asap ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status

Sulje

Prowler
Society
The Prodigy
Sulje
Every time I go to the oil rig, these people shows up with mob trains (which I love, codex goes fast :) )

The problem comes up when they constantly on purpose, drive vehicles trough me, to disable me from shooting the mobs, at some point multiple armax stalkers or atrox stalkers crit me, and I die.

What happens after, is that they take those mobs I was shooting, and hide them somewhere, so I lose money in that process.

Question for MA: Will you solve this once and for all? Remove vehicles in oil rig zone ! That is also going to give other players chance to take some oil, as most of the people who currently camp the rig 24/7 are not capable of killing 1 atrox young.

Another benefit of removing vehicles is going to be attracting stronger players to show up here, and fight each other, which would be fun to have something "new" happening in the game.

Entropia-2021-06-18-02-12-08-3.png

Explain ?
oil rig is the only "free" stuff in EU but everyone that cant get it is gonna make it hard and expensive for you to get it - been like this forever. they try to get you to give up so they can get free oil so they mob train you etc..

oil rig is the only "free" stuff in EU but everyone that cant get it is gonna make it hard and expensive for you to get it - been like this forever. they try to get you to give up so they can get free oil so they mob train you etc..
I don't care about the oil to be honest xD

One thing is to mob train someone, other is to drive vehicles trough person while trying to hunt those mobs, and third thing is to hide those mobs so hunter can not finish them.

So I get another dislike then
Maybe, just maybe I have been unfair to you as I have made assumptions and maybe they are not justified.
So, this what I assumed rightly or wrongly.

You have been playing for longer than I & are of a standard that could quickly hand me my bum on a plate if ever I turned up at the rig & you took exception.
And I will bet you would take exception very quickly as I assume that you are not an occasional visitor and that you hang about there a lot.
That you are part of a group of similar views (12 to 2 to remove vehicles so far)
I feel you are basically lazy, or want to make peds from the "free" oil and that you see competition (beyond a mutually agreed level) as an unacceptable cost, either through income being depressed, or the costs to remove unacceptable competition.
I can think of ways to reduce the aggravation you and your friends are receiving - it would take a bit of effort (and I will be honest, what I think is theoretical as I have never had a chance to apply them in practice.

So how did I go ?

My gratuitous advice is not to complain either to others here or MA but to take action yourself.
(or maybe even complain about my post to the mods & get it taken down )

Since in Proteron area vehicles are banned, its an easy fix to implement in PVP area also.

Last edited:
I don't deny that the problem proposed in the topic post is real, but my vibe is that the way the solution is presented glosses over its drawbacks and concerns. For example, would lower level players just flat out lose their ability to escape mobs without vehicles? Would players reviving at the northern outpost have to fly around PVP2 (or part of it, if only part of the zone was made vehicle-free) and run back in from the southwestern edge where the mob spawn is sparse, or would the mob spawn between the northern revive and the rig be rebalanced to allow ground travel? Might we be able to solve or lessen the proposed problem by rebalancing mob spawns alone (since we're already doing so), without removing vehicles?

I also find the notion "That is also going to give other players chance to take some oil, as most of the people who currently camp the rig 24/7 are not capable of killing 1 atrox young" very strange. Are you saying that stronger hunters actually have less chance at getting oil than weaker hunters? To understand where you're coming from, if 2 strong hunters and 2 weak hunters desire to collect a particular spawn of oil, and the strong hunters are repeatedly PVPing the weak hunters, what probability of success do each of the hunters have in collecting that oil, and what probability of success do you want each of them to have in your ideal system. Given that the oil spawns in a small, open area, and that the weak hunters likely die in 1-2 shots (and also die to their own mod train if they make one), I'd estimate that currently there is at least an 85% chance that the oil goes to one of the strong hunters. And if the strong hunters instead choose not to attack the weak hunters, they still have at least a 50% chance (slightly higher due to Agility differences). I would be quicker to attribute an observation that "most of the people who currently camp the rig 24/7 are not capable of killing 1 atrox young" to differences in economic preference than to probability of success. The strong hunters are likely to derive less utility from the same amount of oil than the weak hunters.

Just remove vehicles

It was way more funn before

My gameplay Was oil rig for many years , i skilled hard to be able to Dominate

Skilled up cryo and clubbing to lvl 40+ just to have a chance vs geared pvpers

Even bought pvp armors just to prove the other guys that i am rly in to this
It was Common spending 300 ped to Grab 20 ped oil

But nowdays its just a Bad designet place without any funn

Back in Times you had to spend

Of course I voted YES, as did everyone who enjoys PvP, and understands how a fair fight works.

As in any game, it should be skills, equipment, and ability that count for PvP.
Not cowardice and deviousness...

Ban vehicles on the field where the oil is spawned, and say only 10m around it.

People will still do mob trains.
But at least we won't see this ridiculous move that they currently make professionally..
Which consists of gathering 50 mobs, and jumping into their sleipnir in the middle of the rig, to safely wait for the oil to spawn around, while others are trying to kill the mobs they've been forced to kill...

Or at least just ban FLYING vehicles inside the field.

There were no vehicles at some point at the oil rig, and smaller players always had chance to pick oil, they were in queue, and picked oil one by one :)

Me personally, and most of the players who's much stronger then me and more geared up, wouldn't go there to pick oil, but to have some fun after losing $1k-$2k on hunting or mining.

Right now what we see, is completely broken, there is 4-5 alt avatars running around, people basically made business of the oil rig in entropia. Their strategy falls into water after vehicles are removed, as you will have to be nice to people, and if not nice, geared up to kill people you don't want to have there :)

i did not play entropia , i did play oil rig back in times

just remove vehicles completely from the whole zone, if you are to low to kill a atrox young then go mine somewhere else or go get skills or go get skills , or go get skills, or go get skills , or go depo and get skills, maybe also go depo more and learn how this game works untill you buy gear , then go skill, you culd also go skill or buy gear or skill and buy gear while you skill

people nowdays just have to buy a sleipnir and thats it , theyr gameplay is 24/7 travling the way from outpost to the oil rig in a sleipnir

now dont tell me to bash down the sleipnir , because it simply makes no sence to do this when the player returns 200 times a day because he does not understand that the electricity of his computer uses more money then he will grab in one day of doing this

mulitply that by 12 other people who do this and you get the idea

when you lvl up your char from 0 to a lvl where you onehit a sleipnir in midair just to get rid of people @ the rig you kinda understand the efford
and when you skill up from 0 to 40+ in any exotic hit/dmg profession then you kinda understand the dedication some people bring up for this place

even better turn this place into a lootable zone with the oil rig this wuld bring back our "patched to death PvP funn" atleast

There were no vehicles at some point at the oil rig, and smaller players always had chance to pick oil, they were in queue, and picked oil one by one :)

I think the queue was predominantly at the Orthos "nib rig," and eventually grew so long that the opportunity to outvalue sweating was arbitraged away. It converged to basically the same volatility-free income structure as sweating, so was redundant and eventually removed.

To be honest though, I would probably removed my "No" vote if I could. It's actually a fair criticism that I haven't been to the rig in a while, and may be underestimating the degree of the problem. I don't have immovable views on this, I just found the jump from the identification of a problem to the removal of a feature for everyone to be too hasty.

Every time I go to the oil rig, these people shows up with mob trains (which I love, codex goes fast :) )

The problem comes up when they constantly on purpose, drive vehicles trough me, to disable me from shooting the mobs, at some point multiple armax stalkers or atrox stalkers crit me, and I die.

What happens after, is that they take those mobs I was shooting, and hide them somewhere, so I lose money in that process.

Question for MA: Will you solve this once and for all? Remove vehicles in oil rig zone ! That is also going to give other players chance to take some oil, as most of the people who currently camp the rig 24/7 are not capable of killing 1 atrox young.

Another benefit of removing vehicles is going to be attracting stronger players to show up here, and fight each other, which would be fun to have something "new" happening in the game.

Entropia-2021-06-18-02-12-08-3.png

...or they could change/update the rules for vehicles.

What if we could actually use vehicles?
Why can I mount a weapon on a valk if it doesnt do anything?

Instead of removing vehicles, why not go Mad Max style vehicle war at the rig?

People were mobbing long before there were vehicles. Running back and mobbing sort of was a sport back then.
That is not in question, I like mob trains, but don't mess with my mobs.

you say you are there for fun and not the oil - so what fun can you not have elsewhere? are there no atrox stalkers elsewhere in game? also if not there for oil why not just let them take it? what do you care right?

and as for how the rig was in the past i can tell you there were a lot of people that would team up and "close" the rig so they could just get free oil and mobs i am pretty sure were outside argo range so cost was minimal (i could be wrong here but i used to run to the naked with no skills). ok all is fair to "close" the rig its pvp, but others who want oil are gonna do what they got to do.

I used to go mine around there cause it was a fun thing to run down that side and try to get past the mobs as a noob with no armor or weps other tan pixie and opalo. Getting shot while mining was childish to say the least but was perfect legal so i just would go back over and over. if i could have mob trained them i would have done so happily when they acted like childish losers which was most of the time.

A few there were cool and you could hang out and just watch or chat a bit then leave.

As for mob trains stop whining :)

Well Let's Put This , You Can Drive Your Vehicle Into Oil Rig But It Will Exploded After 60sec If You Stop Moving (Parked Without Moving Also Will Exploded) :LOL:

Also I Will Like To Add , How About All Land Grab Noobs Have To Use Vehicle To Win Instead Of Expensive Gear On That PvPs Stuff :ROFLMAO:

There are plenty of pvp areas within the game if you wish to partake.

This particular pvp area is frequented by low level players , which to some that hurts their butts considerably.

Everything is working to plan , leave it as it is.

As for mob trains stop whining :)

I guess you missed the topic...

I've looked hard but I don't see any vehicles in this video. :unsure:

No team who mob train in a vehicle and then hide in a sleipnir, picking oil while the others spend... (doing this 24/7)

Instead I see someone who is skilled, well equipped, who knows what PvP is about, and is shooting at people.

It's quite funny actually.
And this is exactly what a PvP zone is designed for.

Absolutely nothing to compare with what's going on at rig now.

Arkadia Moon has the 2 ped universal ammo hazmat mission. Calypso has nothing like this. That is probably way more daily ped than oil is getting new players at the Calypso rig. Many newer players are not aware of that Ark Moon thing. Just have Mindark put in a very similar 2 ped a day mission on Calypso in no-pvp zone and many of those low level riggers will go elsewhere. at least part of the day.

Yes, oil rig pays out more than that daily, but it's divided between whoever gets the oil first... If newer folks get a reliable daily they'll start not going to rig so much likely.... maybe make a 15 ped a day daily or something.

Another option to remove the oil and put in some sort of oil tokens in there that you can only turn in to an npc to collect on x amount per day. Once the daily max is reached the newer players will stop coming since there's no reason to continue once they meet the daily max.

Could go a lot of other ways with this too. Make the toxic shot work only 30 minutes, or so that it is an entry fee for one time. After you exit the zone via any way including mob kill, etc. you cannot re-enter til you buy another one and insert it, etc.

Also, the madmax suggestion above is nice. Make it so vehicles can be damaged by creatures inside the zone, and then put in a ton of flying mob. Mobs can damage vehicles in space so make it so in here too.

Something that used to be moderatly fun for a while at the Thing pvp zone was the exploding barrels that would randomly kill players or that could be shot to kill folks if they were too close to one. Maybe put some of those in down on all Calypso pvp zones in the area where the oil spawns..

Last edited:
In fairness to everyone though there is no black & white in this matter - *I admit that I have a bias in that I really do not like Pkers and cheer those players on who cause them grief (whether deserved or not). Other players may well have been irritated past all endurance by bots & noobs who just keep on & on.

Banning vehicles at the rig as they are now is not the answer though - it just gives a certain group an unfair advantage. But There are other remedies - they have been suggested in this thread by others more eloquently than I could.

If I could make a suggestion - make the area over which oil spawns much larger - I think that would solve a lot of irritation.

Finally - please people don't say that you are really interested in PvP not oil. There are PvP zones lootable & non lootable set aside for just that purpose

Last edited by a moderator:
Arkadia Moon has the 2 ped universal ammo hazmat mission. Calypso has nothing like this. That is probably way more daily ped than oil is getting new players at the Calypso rig. Many newer players are not aware of that Ark Moon thing. Just have Mindark put in a very similar 2 ped a day mission on Calypso in no-pvp zone and many of those low level riggers will go elsewhere. at least part of the day.

Another option to remove the oil and put in some sort of oil tokens in there that you can only turn in to an npc to collect on x amount per day. Once the daily max is reached the newer players will stop coming since there's no reason to continue once they meet the daily max.

Could go a lot of other ways with this too. Make the toxic shot work only 30 minutes, or so that it is an entry fee for one time. After you exit the zone via any way including mob kill, etc. you cannot re-enter til you buy another one and insert it, etc.

Also, the madmax suggestion above is nice. Make it so vehicles can be damaged by creatures inside the zone, and then put in a ton of flying mob. Mobs can damage vehicles in space so make it so in here too.

Something that used to be moderatly fun for a while at the Thing pvp zone was the exploding barrels that would randomly kill players or that could be shot to kill folks if they were too close to one. Maybe put some of those in down on all Calypso pvp zones in the area where the oil spawns..

2 PED of ammo daily... wow.. :)

The rig drops about 750 PED of oil per day.
And all a "team" actually needs to take it all, is vehicles and deceit. (no skill nor equipment required)

An anti-toxic shot of 2 PED for the rig would indeed be a good idea.
This has been suggested many times before.

I can kinda see why people like vehicles there and why they dont. Last time I was at the rig, was before vehicles even existed i think. So im not voting cuz i rly dont know whats best either way, and tbh, i dont care, sorry. but if the biggest problem is people draging mobs away after people started them and then died:

how about replacing troxies with high gen troopers? Or anything that shoots rly? Maybe have the troxies outside still so you can mobtrain if thats important for the action? but have shooty type mobs directly at the rig, maybe just outside those little structures around it?

That way people cant really drag mobs away, or at leas theyd need to be rly well equiped too?

Or just ban wehicles, no clue ?

I think I have been cancelled like i keep hearing people on TV say , so many dislikes haha.
I challenge you to get me 100 dislikes in that post , double dog dare you.

This made up issue rears its ugly head about once a year , and the majority of the time its from those that don't ever play at the rig.

The area is pvp which allows for these sinister vehicles to be destroyed if they are causing distress to your game play.
Mindark has stated numerous times that pvp is unlawful and you can train mobs , shoot people that annoy you or just for shits and giggles.

We don't need a nanny state policing every aspect of entropia life , especially since they have given us these areas to blow off steam.

I guess you missed the topic...

I've looked hard but I don't see any vehicles in this video. :unsure:

No team who mob train in a vehicle and then hide in a sleipnir, picking oil while the others spend... (doing this 24/7)

Instead I see someone who is skilled, well equipped, who knows what PvP is about, and is shooting at people.

It's quite funny actually.
And this is exactly what a PvP zone is designed for.

Absolutely nothing to compare with what's going on at rig now.
true its not about vehicles but that was an awesome mob train and i wanted to post it :)

anyway its not gonna change so just deal with it.

so noobs have a bit of an unfair advantage now - not like others have not had advantages too and many still profit off those old "advantages" so really who cares.

no one is entitled to anything regardless of skill, gear and time in game - that is just what people with skills, gear and who can play games 18 hours a day think it should be. and maybe with the exception of pvp it seems to be the case most times in game. not many noobs wining higher category events - except maybe for the alts of certain players.

Status
Back