Suggestion: Forced 6-Hour Game-Break a Day

GradenFoss

Stalker
Graden (Switch) Foss
W.r.t. health issues as well as tentative ToU violations, maybe MA should consider to implement a forced 6-hour game-break a day for every avatar. E.g. to choose from at log-in (where you could specify the next break to begin in hours and minutes), at log-out (check-box, break to begin now), else forcibly (after 18 hours).

Last edited:
Although I can’t see it happening you do have to wonder how some play 24/7- 365 without serious health implications

When I was a young teen I would sneak out of bed and play command and conquer throughout the night, I would cover myself and the monitor with my blanket to hide the monitor illumination and try my best to keep my nerd rage to my inner monologue. Most times my parents would catch me anyway and send me to bed. They had the right to do this because they were my legal guardians and I lived under their roof.

Now I'm an adult and I have the choice to do whatever the hell I want in my own home. If I decide to play Entropia all day and night till my arms fall off I should be able to without the Mindark Nanny telling me off.

I think Mindark implementing such a restriction would be commercial suicide.

Nah thx, I hate those kinda games with a passion eventho it never applies to me xD. Let people play when and how ever long they want.

I assume you are trying to target bots and stuff? There are prolly better ways. I'd vote "No" if I had any say haha

I assume you are trying to target bots and stuff? There are prolly better ways. I'd vote "No" if I had any say haha
And shared avatars, no doubt. But I agree, if they wanted to cut back on these things is to review them on a case by case basis. It's not like there are thousands of them (at least I'm pretty sure there aren't).

But, of course we're assuming MA cares at all.

some of us are mining and crafting, it will be so bad. I usually got to sleep and let it craft from 5000-7000 clicks.

Well... I think most players would not get inconvenienced at all.

Once in place, you could allow for exceptions. E.g. an emergency extension of 60 or 90 minutes for urgent unfinished business (which would prolong the following break accordingly), and an override (say, 2 times a month).

Ofc you could always program it into the ava itself.––An unrested, drowsy ava will miss more shots, drop bombs in the wrong places, fail clicks on crafting, can′t fly a Sleip in a straight line, take more damage falling down a cliff, and might feed the wrong pet... :laugh:

Ofc you could always program it into the ava itself.––An unrested, drowsy ava will miss more shots, drop bombs in the wrong places, fail clicks on crafting, can′t fly a Sleip in a straight line, take more damage falling down a cliff, and might feed the wrong pet... :laugh:

I thought lag was for that :unsure:

Now that you mention it...

:ROFLMAO:

so, the business model is based on turnover... and you want to limit turnover...

and people complain about returns now... lol
Nah they can just sell time travel capsules at the web shop that let you bypass the restriction. It will make you feel like you are playing a free mobile game! Just what I always wanted entropia to be!

As mentioned above when I need to craft a lot of small components that i use for crafting higher value items, I will leave the PC running through a cycle and do other things in RL. I only come back to the machine to change the crafting run. The thing is on auto pilot and I am effectively afk

Or maybe we play on a weekday?

Monday to Friday:
From 08:00 to 12:00
Rest for an hour. The game servers are paused.
From 13:00 to 14:00
Afternoon break for half an hour. The game servers are paused.
From 14:30 to 17:00
The game stops the server until the next day at 07:59

Saturday from 11:00 to 14:00
Sunday is a day off!

We just need to sync the hours with Bertha.

Oh yeah! Ever heard of the Entropia App on your phone, that lets you craft, whilst sleeping? Try it sometime. I used to use it a lot on crafting components, when I owned a big shop. Very handy.
It is extremely buggy and often stops crafting cycles just a few dozen clicks in. If you can wake up every 15 minutes to ensure it's still clicking then yes you can knock out a full crafting session, but that utterly defeats the stated purpose of this thread.

some of us are mining and crafting, it will be so bad. I usually got to sleep and let it craft from 5000-7000 clicks.

As mentioned above when I need to craft a lot of small components that i use for crafting higher value items, I will leave the PC running through a cycle and do other things in RL. I only come back to the machine to change the crafting run. The thing is on auto pilot and I am effectively afk

Not everyone has a typical sleep rhythm

Well... since you would be basically in charge when to take the break, I can′t see why you couldn′t get your crafting done or accomodate your playing to your resting times.

:dunno:

GradenFoss is a Good person with a Good suggestion with Good motivation behind it.

The reaction's to it show that some never leave their house or.... actually I will stop there.

Must be a yearning deep in human heart to stop other people from doing as they please. Rules, laws—always for other fellow. A murky part of us, something we had before we came down out of trees, and failed to shuck when we stood up. Because not one of those people said: "Please pass this so that I won't be able to do something I know I should stop." Nyet, tovarishchee, was always something they hated to see neighbors doing. Stop them "for their own good"—not because speaker claimed to be harmed by it.
-THE MOON IS A HARSH MISTRESS by Robert A. Heinlein

Chaotic Good characters are strong individualists marked by a streak of kindness and benevolence.

They believe in all the virtues of goodness and right, but they have little use for laws and regulations. They have no use for people who "try to push folk around and tell them what to do." Their actions are guided by their own moral compass which, although good, may not always be in perfect agreement with the rest of society.

Back