Suggestion: Make Loot Meaningful

I agree with rocket, even if his proposed solutions might not work, something needs to be done with the loot. Every mob should be at minimum mediocre to hunt. Right now 95% of mobs have absolute dogshit tt food loot that only makes them worth hunting for codex. Hunting the same exact mob also gets boring after a while. There are so many mobs in this game and its sad to see that a shit ton of them are barely ever hunted because of how bad their loot pools are.

Last edited:
What they need to do is give a use for the
loot.

Buy skills using loot.

Trade in 100oil,100hide for mod nano

Use 100hides, 100 iron to create improved A105.

craft 100wood, 50 gold for improved shadow

you get the point. Make it really simple and clear. No like Cyrene missions…

Unlimited Items are the biggest cause for the lack of interesting loot.

They represent an end to a loot's cycle.

If more items were (L) and needed to be crafted you'd have more interesting loot and better markup to chase.

Nothing should be unlimited. Once your item breaks there should be an avenue to add some further crafted components to it in order to "repair" it.

Nothing should be unlimited. Once your item breaks there should be an avenue to add some further crafted components to it in order to "repair" it.
simple solution.

Remove the repair terminal, and as you said, use components to repair stuff.
or alter it the terminal to have material input instead of ped from your card to repair.

not sure though if MA will like this, because maybe they prefer ped. :unsure:

Last edited:
simple solution.

Remove the repair terminal, or alter it.
Ped input becomes tt mat input.

not sure though if MA will like this, because maybe they prefer ped. :unsure:
it would still delete the ped from the game so dont think it matters

the OP had nothing to do with markup and as i stated myself it would have zero or minimal impact on markup output of players. everything would balance out

the point is about making loot feel interesting/fun rather than like emptying a garbage can into a backpack and calling it a day
Can you elaborate on junk loot. I'm guessing you're referring to oils? Brain oil is kinda interesting. I don't mind getting tier comps in the loot either.

Unlimited Items are the biggest cause for the lack of interesting loot.

They represent an end to a loot's cycle.

If more items were (L) and needed to be crafted you'd have more interesting loot and better markup to chase.

Yes this. Crafted items generate markup, better and more interesting L stuff would create more demand for basic loot. Some advertizing to attract new players wouldn't hurt either.

Can you elaborate on junk loot. I'm guessing you're referring to oils? Brain oil is kinda interesting. I don't mind getting tier comps in the loot either.
4 different kinds of hides, a million extractors and paints, wools no one uses, tons of TT oils (why do we not just have like 1 animal oil?), components that don't even have dropable blueprints to be consumed by, etc....

and overall just too much of it. i'd rather see kidney oil drop every 50+ kills rather than every other kill.

also people are derailing this thread by going off on tangents of markup, changing the way we use loot via refining/repairing, crafting and crafting demand, trinity of professions, etc...

this thread was merely a suggestion to the developers that, in my opinion (not worth much i know), loot composition is incredibly stale, boring, and consistent. shrapnel is fine the same way ammo or peds in loot was fine. it should feel more exciting to loot things other than shrapnel, rather than mostly dreading looting anything that isn't shrapnel on the average kill.

Most of the resources looted from mining and hunting feel like more of a burden or a let down than exciting.

I just think this is one facet of the game that could be improved with little-to-no impact on MA's bottom line while also making the output of the professions more enjoyable and exciting on a day-to-day basis rather than the one loot ever few weeks that has something cool in it.

it's a simple question of "is loot exciting?" and "could it be more exciting if x?"

In the old days before all the crazy oils sounds like what you describe. You got ped and pec and after a decent run some pixie and gremlin usually. Most the PP planets are even worse than Caly with all the various "junk" in the loot to the point of there being so many various types of loot it becomes encumbrance due to item count.

I know what you mean the vast amount of oils/mats are tedious with little markup. Some of them can be used for crafting, but there are some that have no meaningful bps to consume them. If a material is game it should have a use.

Why bother suggesting something that even I already know they're working on already? (working on making loots more useful basically) duh don't you know yet?

Why bother suggesting something that even I already know they're working on already? (working on making loots more useful basically) duh don't you know yet?
source?

also i don't want loot to be more useful, i want it to be more interesting and meaningful, however the devs want to achieve that.

source?

also i don't want loot to be more useful, i want it to be more interesting and meaningful, however the devs want to achieve that.
Nothing stops you from putting the trash loot in the tt terminal and keeping the rare loot...

we need to give items an use
make all loost convertible into 101% of TT Value into BOUND noanocubes, remnove nanocubes from TT
who wants to craft EP need to buy huntloot and mining loot
EPis DETACHED from economy it is a pure volumtary tax

tis small adjustment in EP "ammo" would solve all teh loot issue

and IMHO loot should be 100...101% ... what you miss in loot you get in TT value of skill points
in this way no one feels bad... in one month i average on 100.000 ped say 90000 ped TT adn 2000 ped skill (it is just 2000 poiints in the 10k range...........but i knwo that summing all i am at 100% of my TT result). and more skills = more shooting

make all loost convertible into 101% of TT Value into BOUND noanocubes, remnove nanocubes from TT

and IMHO loot should be 100...101% ... what you miss in loot you get in TT value of skill points
in this way no one feels bad... in one month i average on 100.000 ped say 90000 ped TT adn 2000 ped skill (it is just 2000 poiints in the 10k range...........but i knwo that summing all i am at 100% of my TT result). and more skills = more shooting

Nothing stops you from putting the trash loot in the tt terminal and keeping the rare loot...
this doesn't make looting said trash anymore interesting or meaningful.

what about us who use rocket launchers ? should we pay EP 110% ?

You have a dream or something in which MA said this?

this doesn't make looting said trash anymore interesting or meaningful.

People already gave you answers. You choose to ignore them cause the solutions don´t suit you...

People already gave you answers. You choose to ignore them cause the solutions don´t suit you...
They gave him answers but not good ones, hes probably ignoring them because they are dumb answers. Zho saying "just tt the loot" is one of them.

To this happen you need craft overhaull good enough to attract new generation of crafters
if you think even more deep about it this game have exact same crafters last 5yr 10yr even 15yr ago and each year less and less
you wonder why?

I give you damm answer... call UL Event Guns... each year mindark trow in universe around 100-200 to not say more in one game that have 1500 playerbase online maybe 5000 over month , since 2017 they massively start pump this UL items , Before that we have Explosive that move gamblers away from buy resource to direct TT

Dont need be genius that each year going sales of L gear be diminish... go ahead open you market graph each armatrix :)
Its whell , if hunters and miners dont pay MU in L gear , Crafters dont go burn resource and this cycle going repeat itself util only win with that its mindark
if none can win over other player , at end all need deposit rigth?

To make loot good again... at this point kind impossible without owners that guns dont go crazy / rage / etc .....
1 - All future event need pump L bp with 3000-4000 clicks (maybe more or less)
2 - all new bp outside event need be UL , need stop this stupid chase for L bp fishing its only make end product more expensive
3 - Rebalance in BP - increse sucess rate of item , however increase tt input
4 - Overhaull comp crafter .... you can combine any material with same Tier grade to create Tier 1 Ingot
example you can combine lyst / oil / animal muscle dont matter or just oil/muscle click in craft(idea original just direct refine) and its pick all tt input * craft math = tt output , to this work sucess item rate need e 90-95% to make viable to use this new "comp" in advance crafters like wep/tools/etc/etc

its just minor 10min draw of ideas... in fact i dont know who is doing economy balance . fire this person and make this game R C E again
or people here going say this game have enough engagment fun factor beyond that? or its gamble fallacy(in fact to people say its not gamble and can stop anytime , recomend read about it , me you and all this forum readers is lost)

They gave him answers but not good ones, hes probably ignoring them because they are dumb answers. Zho saying "just tt the loot" is one of them.
3 people already talked about the real answers. you focused on the one that has no value and that everyone knows...

Again, maybe you also just don´t like the solution...

My answer is perfectly legitimate actually. It is the result of living at a high cycle rate. You will never be able to sell everything you loot, so you figure out what you need to keep to maximize profit and tt the rest to continue cycling.

If you are worried about every little bit that you loot, you miss opportunities to loot higher MU items...

This is just one viewpoint.

More interesting loot for people comes from more material consumption. This is done with more L use. atm L is not used often due to higher mu input while only have marginally better dpp/eff than UL 1.0.

Maybe Increase L Armatrix eff / dpp to around 2.0 levels, or at least somewhere higher between 1.0 and 2.0. I would even pickup an armatrix lr 105 at 125% from time to time if the stat difference from my 1.0 rental options was more significant.
- This concept worked in mining finders, alot of high end miners use L finders. When a miner wants to be eco, ul finder. When a miner wants to max profits, L finder.

I would like to see some actual use of these oils, hides. I would like to see removed the trash that have 0 use, like the stuff you loot from some robots.
A new use of the oils could look something like a terminal to give certain benefits in exchange of oils and return of shrpnel / UA.
Benefits could be buffs of various duration (hours, days, weeks), something similar with the stable buffs.
Buffs can be anything, including mining buffs, crafting buffs, so that you can turn in stuff like Iron, Lyst, metal residue and get extra speed .
Misc handhelds / clothing from terminal in exchange for 100k tt muscle (with UA in return) with 2.5% running speed (max 10% obtainable), for example.

Such a system would make it so that you would still TT your loot but you would get something meaningful in return, maybe even make you want to hunt specific oils/resources for some specific goals.
Other stuff you could get in exchange:
- weapon skins;
- armor skins;
- AH slots;
- inventory space (carried weight capacity)

Simply decreasing oils to increase shrapnel is not a fix. The amount of shrapnel TTed in mayhems is huge. The fact that there are oils below 101% clearly indicates the fact that a better use is really needed...

Don't want loot to be more "useful" but more "meaningful" :unsure: :ROFLMAO:

How can loot without a use ever be meaningful?

The suggestions in OP are pretty OK, but a little to stretched into unrealistic measures. IE, MA would never do so or even consider it.

As long as whatever happens, if it at all happens, I personally do hope they look into how the game "plays out" more than just "fix loot". Loot is kind of meaningless, but so is the entire game. I play because I like to just click and shoot stuff and hope for swirlies. But I really do wish that i could play for something else as well.

I mentioned in a different thread id much rather see them hardcore try to fix new beginner stuff first. then fix other things accordingly. Imagine a anew player dropping in now, you get shooed away for asking questions, you have to google yourself to more or less every answer, nothing makes sense, and you are stuck at a permanent lvl 1 beginner zone untill the end times unless you depo.

imo, the whole beginner experience should straight up be a place almost 1/4th the entire island, with different mobs of many kinds (a lot of brand new mobs as well. That has puny -> Old maturities, larger areas for mining, and a simple "find stuff and craft it" introductory systems to crafting. The mobs in this area should litterally barf loot at new players, it would not need to be valuable stuff ped wise.

And skill gains in these beginner places should have a hard cap, somewhere between lvl 5-10 perhaps in proffessions, once new players trying the game could join, play, see that there is stuff to do, the start has meaning, and they stick around to see the massive world outside, those interested will start to venture beyond these limits.

And only then, would changes to the rest of the system start to make sense, more sense at least.

Yes we play the swirlies, yes we all want better loot, i doubt anyone disagrees on that :p But the focus, imo the more i read through posts and threads after poking my face back after years, the feedback hasnt much changed from "We want better loot" ( I was one of these too) to what we should focus on "We need to fix the introductory system to retain new players, and make it appealing. This way we can fix that, which in return will lead to fixed loot."

@ Eve: Oil sinking are necessary 100% agreed, to destroy oversupply,
@ Rocket: reducing loot dropped would be just good for large volume hutners, that would receive more shraps to convert and keep going, penalizing "average joe".. it is a remedy that is worse than disease, would be good for 1% of people bad for 99%
@ suljie: being rocket for PVP only ....you know my position, i would remove EP weapona nd pvp but the EP would go to 103% like now, you use way less to PK than the recycled ones.
@Mika: that has not a meaningful impact on oversupply , maybe in luring new playerbase, which is anyway good
@ Morey: the cost of higher (L) weapons is tied to specific scarce resource as Redulite or the problem to drop Blueprints that require high end gizmo crafting, the jump of price from L65 to L70 maked is utterly evident. moreover ARMatrix are already way too "good" compared to otehr craftables that became useless (arkadia weapons BP)
(maybe 50% of players know that a 120% armatrix increase cost to kill of 1.5% and not 20%)

From a real economy point of view we lack demand
solutions by player side is just reduce supply (hunt less ... or loose ped for TT the oversupply)
from developer side thare are many and we have seen many good ones above.

The real point is we are facing the limits of the game economy that is small population to transfer the TT losses... real world solution is a depression if no new technology appears

Last edited:
From a real economy point of view we lack demand

And the solution has been mentioned several times already.

This is caused by lack of crafting which always has created the greatest demand for materials.
Crafting has been killed by MA by flooding the market with more and more UL weapons, instead of focusing more towards (L) gear.
And by introducing EP crafting with materials being sold by the TT instead of from players.

All OP is talking about is limiting supply instead of increasing demand.

Only by increasing demand the game can be worthwhile again.
But the current direction only leads to more and more boredom and less diversity.
So crafting would need a complete overhaul to make loot useful again.

Simple and efficient, change recipe of explosive + recycle bps.

Or better:
- Change explosive blueprints into Nanocubeb lueprints that use explosive projectiles, and add explosive projectiles to TT.
- Change recycle blueprints to use Nanocube instead of explosives

Back