News: Tier Upgrade Skill Announcement

Bertha Bot

Entropia News Fetcher
In Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes, published in late 2019, an announcement regarding the removal of the Tier Upgrade skill and plans for an automated buyback program was announced. The original plan was to remove the skill entirely through this system. Unfortunately, due to technical restraints and the Entropia Unreal migration, it is impractical to complete this project in the current Entropia.

Going forward, any remaining Tier Upgrade Skill Implant chips placed on auction will be purchased on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, at the originally announced markup of 20000%.

We understand that this is different from our stated plan and want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your understanding.

Originally Posted Here

huh, free 84 ped for me! xD

thx for the clear update, much appreciated.

Nice, and where did you left my expensive Enmatter Finder 104 +ore 105?
It was removed without the correct compensation because I had Enmatter 104 + Ore 105 and it felt like I was robbed at the switch.

Last edited:
will be purchased on Tuesdays and Wednesdays

Does that mean every Tuesdays and Wednesdays for.. Ever ? :unsure:
Or when does it stop ?

And do you plan to make ESI drop more ?
Because they are already soooooo rare (that makes skills worthless (anyway :whistle:)), I feel because of this, they will be soon @19000% @box.. :eek:

PS:

After I checked my (ridiculous) TU skill, I don't care anymore.. :LOL:

And actually I changed my mind and hope ESI goes up to 19k% and I loot some ! :devilish:

Last edited:
Well done! Thank you for this.

Took long enough, but GJ :)

Glad to see this issue given attention. Thank you :)

I have 249.2 points in Tier Upgrading. Anyone know if that is worth chipping out?

EDIT: looks like my Tier Upgrader skill points would be worth about 64 PED at 20k%

Last edited:
I had no idea about this, RIP my Tier Upgrade skills.
What is the best process to do this?

Mindark forgot to specify that people willing to sell the skill must self extract it on ESI and then again list it in AH on their expense , Mindark will not extract their skills from their avatar otherwise but I am sure that some people will also miss this opportunity again to sell their skill.

Last edited:
Mindark forgot to specify that people willing to sell the skill must self extract it on ESI and then again list it in AH on their expense , Mindark will not extract their skills from their avatar otherwise but I am sure that some people will also miss this opportunity again to sell their skill.
If they are not going to manually extract them for us they should at least just make an infinite buy order for it, that way it’s no work for them and people can always sell it

If they are not going to manually extract them for us they should at least just make an infinite buy order for it, that way it’s no work for them and people can always sell it
Unfortunally impossible with the current auctionhouse system. Just extract em and list them at 20k%

Unfortunally impossible with the current auctionhouse system. Just extract em and list them at 20k%
People will still need to sell them in 3 years cause they missed this announcement, MA staff having to buy them 2 days a week for basically forever is actually a more expensive and employee intensive solution than just doing what they originally promised…

Also why can’t they just manually edit the date on an order to be 999999999 days?

In Dev Notes #21 - Tiering & Enhancer System Changes, published in late 2019, an announcement regarding the removal of the Tier Upgrade skill and plans for an automated buyback program was announced. The original plan was to remove the skill entirely through this system. Unfortunately, due to technical restraints and the Entropia Unreal migration, it is impractical to complete this project in the current Entropia.

Going forward, any remaining Tier Upgrade Skill Implant chips placed on auction will be purchased on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, at the originally announced markup of 20000%.

We understand that this is different from our stated plan and want to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Thank you for your understanding.

Originally Posted Here

I find myself once again trying to read between the lines...

You say:"Unfortunately, due to technical restraints and the Entropia Unreal migration, it is impractical to complete this project in the current Entropia."

To me, what that means is you won't be able to complete the skill removal as planned in the current game engine; does that mean that there is a chance MA will complete the skill removal as intended in UE5?

You then go on to say that skill chips placed on the auction will be purchased at 20k%...

What happens if I don't extract my skills amd I don't put them on the auction? Will I lose them altogether when EU is migrated to UE5?

It is not clear what will happen..

Will I lose them altogether when EU is migrated to UE5?

I caught the thread the other day - the other thread on this topic. IT turns out I have 20 points of Tier Upgrader. I upgraded my OG opalo and a couple of other items, many years ago.

Clearly there's not any reason for me to try and find an ESI and extract this. Honestly for the PED on the table I'd rather "keep the memories".

But if they're going to delete/remove the skill entirely, I would like to be compensated, even if it's milliPEC.

What technical difficulties? THEY are the developer f*s. Is it that orders cannot be set that high, even if changed by MA? Hmm
And why Tuesdays and Wednesdays? And why don't they give any advice on setting a buyout, or will staff also work out what to bid on non-buyouts? Is it an indefinite Tuesday and Wednesday ritual for some poor staffer, or something which will be dropped again, possibly within... days?

I suppose it's rather negative to moan about something with at least positive elements for some people finally getting the peds they were promised, but that is not the content of this grumpiness. It's once again the implementation that seems to be so lacking in...

Took long enough to say they are not doing what they said they would? And good job for that? WTF….
I want to see you bitch a moan when u will have support complain about buged vixens 🤣🤣🤣 and they will sort it out 3 years later.... 🤡🤡🤡

Hmm 🤔 wonder how much 204 points will get me ? 🤣🤝🍆

People will still need to sell them in 3 years cause they missed this announcement, MA staff having to buy them 2 days a week for basically forever is actually a more expensive and employee intensive solution than just doing what they originally promised…

Also why can’t they just manually edit the date on an order to be 999999999 days?
Can’t list limited item orders.
They would have to rework the auction system to accomodate this. Probably end up cheaper to just have live support take a break from standing at Icarus all day to run to the auction terminal twice a week and buy shit.

Tier Upgrade Skill Implant chips placed on auction will be purchased on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, at the originally announced markup of 20000%.

Well, fuc... what is a noob to do???

Can somebody help maybe clear up some math here? Sorry to ask instead of digging but I guess someone might know this. Please teach me if I'm wrong.

Assuming you've done a bit of Tier Upgrading. Nothing huge. The minimum tradable/recoverable ESI is 10 PED right? So let's say you found a minimum size ESI at auction, it's going to cost you 85 - 90 PED right now. You're not going to recover the MU since the chip is going to return you PED/PEC when you chip out the skill right?

You'll lose 10% of what you have plus tool decay then MA will pay you 200x the chip value (minus some auction fees and whatnot....)

If my vague stab at this is anything near correct you're going to want roughly a 50 PEC ESI to recover costs here. This leaves me with two questions:

• Am I doing this right? The math?
  • How many points of the Tier Upgrading Skill will leave you holding a skill chip worth at least .50 PED TT?

Thanks if anyone will confirm or clarify. It's been a while honestly.

EDIT: A third follow-on question. How much auction fees for that .50 PED ESI sold at 20000% (100 PED)?

Last edited:
Can somebody help maybe clear up some math here? Sorry to ask instead of digging but I guess someone might know this. Please teach me if I'm wrong.

Assuming you've done a bit of Tier Upgrading. Nothing huge. The minimum tradable/recoverable ESI is 10 PED right? So let's say you found a minimum size ESI at auction, it's going to cost you 85 - 90 PED right now. You're not going to recover the MU since the chip is going to return you PED/PEC when you chip out the skill right?

You'll lose 10% of what you have plus tool decay then MA will pay you 200x the chip value (minus some auction fees and whatnot....)

If my vague stab at this is anything near correct you're going to want roughly a 50 PEC ESI to recover costs here. This leaves me with two questions:

• Am I doing this right? The math?
  • How many points of the Tier Upgrading Skill will leave you holding a skill chip worth at least .50 PED TT?

Thanks if anyone will confirm or clarify. It's been a while honestly.

EDIT: A third follow-on question. How much auction fees for that .50 PED ESI sold at 20000% (100 PED)?
I pulled out 3.5 ped Tt skills for about 40ped esi cost. Cost to list was like 27ped and I listed for 750ped or so. Numbers just from memory but it’s not too bad with 650 ped+ for a skill I never used or paid for. I never skilled any tiering either ^^

I never skilled any tiering either

I have 20 points in the skill. It sounds like you hit a few pieces of gear, at least (y)

Also I can't honestly remember if I had to sacrifice an opalo or not. It was right after the CryEngine conversion when I came and people were talking about it a lot, I just don't remember at that time if it was "changes are coming" or they had removed it. Clearly an opalo wasn't enough sacrifice to stick in my mind whether I spent it or was spared lol.

Looting possibilities aside, the smallest ESI at caly has 101 PED buyout ATM. Actually I'm scratching my chin because a couple of days ago there were a ton and 850 - 860% lol. Ahhh but look at all these Tier Upgrader Implants!!

It looks like a .32 TT value would give me 243 points starting from my basically nothing 20. And that's a 65 PED buyout.

Unless you have a looted ESI you want to burn, you're going to need a couple hundred points to make it worth doing. That's not calculating anything for auction fees.

EDIT: I dug this up at the wiki calc

100 points = 0.11 PED TT ESI Value
200 points = 0.25 PED TT ESI Value
300 points = 0.42 PED TT ESI Value
400 points = 0.68 PED TT ESI Value

That should help anyone with real questions about a few leftover points I guess. For giggles 20 points would make a 0.03 ESI and if you have the ESI handy it would probably be worth chipping out for a couple of PED in the pocket.

Last edited:
so sorry for my not understanding, what do you mean 20 points? level 20? 20% into levl 1?
I'm confused

It's ok, and I babble. I'll try to clarify the point of it all:

As I found out last week or whenever, I have 20 points in this old, removed skill.

index.php

That's the specific skill this is about. I have 20 skill points in it, which turns out to be about 0.03 PED worth in an ESI.

The little chart I made above is taken from the wiki skills calc and it's because I wanted to understand the costs and the math around the compensation. And also make sure it's available to others with some small amount of skills here.

To be honest it looks like the compensation for my 20 lowly points here would in fact be 6 PED roughly, and that's pretty nice. If you have an ESI big enough to get the ESI back after chipping it out, even this would be worth chipping out - putting 4-5 PED in your pocket after some losses to the process.

Can’t list limited item orders.
They would have to rework the auction system to accomodate this. Probably end up cheaper to just have live support take a break from standing at Icarus all day to run to the auction terminal twice a week and buy shit.
Ahh that makes more sense than the time limit being the restriction. Thanks

It's ok, and I babble. I'll try to clarify the point of it all:

As I found out last week or whenever, I have 20 points in this old, removed skill.

index.php

That's the specific skill this is about. I have 20 skill points in it, which turns out to be about 0.03 PED worth in an ESI.

The little chart I made above is taken from the wiki skills calc and it's because I wanted to understand the costs and the math around the compensation. And also make sure it's available to others with some small amount of skills here.

To be honest it looks like the compensation for my 20 lowly points here would in fact be 6 PED roughly, and that's pretty nice. If you have an ESI big enough to get the ESI back after chipping it out, even this would be worth chipping out - putting 4-5 PED in your pocket after some losses to the process.
With 20 points you haven’t really tiered anything and there’s nothing to compensate you for. What are you expecting? As I said I barely tiered anything and had over 1000 points and got a good compensation for the skills.

With 20 points you haven’t really tiered anything and there’s nothing to compensate you for. What are you expecting? As I said I barely tiered anything and had over 1000 points and got a good compensation for the skills.

Sorry if my last post didn't make this clear.

I started asking questions and dug until I got the very specific answer, for those 20 points. It's Surprisingly Good.

I posted the specific numbers there in a list for people with very small skills who might be wondering if it's even worth researching (as I was). 20 points, a ridiculous amount, would result in multiple PEDS of payout, disregarding the ESI market which I'm not complaining about either. Just actual numbers. If you have an ESI, it's a generous payout for this skill.

Minim after your response I decided to spend the time to get my hard answer so thanks for that. I was poking fun before (at MA not you) but this really seems to be a good (generous?) move from them.

Back