News: Nanocube Changes

I don't have a problem with Evey being a hunter and being darn good at it, so why does he have a problem with me being a trader/shop owner and being darn good at it?

I'm totally fine with Evey making suggestions and contributions in this forum, but when he makes it out to be that Hunting, his chosen profession, is the only valid activity in EU and everyone else is just a "reseller", that irks me and he knows it. MA is already favoring his profession like 9 to 1; 90% of MA resources is dedicated to improving and creating new content for them, why he has to then add insult to injury by making it sound like owning shops, crafting and selling armor is somehow dishonourable (by calling me a reseller), is just beyond me and as far as I'm concerned, borders on a level of entitlement I really don't care for.

I respect him and his chosen path in EU, he should do the same and respect me for mine. End of story, no need for hate. If he can't just do that, yeah, it bothers me.
I can't tell from this discussion if Evey is throwing shade at your purposefully or not, but there are some extremely dubious and downright exploitative resellers that I steer clear from so I see what he's referring to. You definitely aren't one of them, but from the looks of it Evey is just trying to bring up discussions that will benefit him and his profession in the same way you bring up crafting discussions to try and improve the system and in return help you out as well.

Now this is good news =)

Also buying EP 4 qr 100 TT+12 ped

Good job MA - About time this happened actually.

People will now start stockpiling nanocubes now before they get removed from the TT. Then other items/mats % might actually rise a little bit. Not sure what the MU of the nanocubes will be at though but I am guessing similar to muscle oil with fluctuations etc

Not even when P2P they were 7Ped each?
When was that? I bought my first shop in like 2016 and didn't really get into selling Hyperstims until like 2019 I think. If I recall, it was around 5 ped at the time. Then MsPudding started selling them heavily and I bowed out for a while, just got back into it recently, few months ago.

i wonder if this update came because finally ep4 crafting was considered gambling by authorities.

Not that - I personally think because EU will be listed on Epic Games store once UE5 EU is ready. That they do not want new players to the game to see it is a money pit and a gambling game. So they are implementing these changes now so old players get used to it and so new players will not get a feeling that EU is gambling. I think MA is just trying to make the game a game and not a "gambling game" title it has had for soo many years.......

I also think this will be a good thing going forward too. Who knows maybe loot 3.0 AI will be coming too.

I can't tell from this discussion if Evey is throwing shade at your purposefully or not, but there are some extremely dubious and downright exploitative resellers that I steer clear from so I see what he's referring to. You definitely aren't one of them, but from the looks of it Evey is just trying to bring up discussions that will benefit him and his profession in the same way you bring up crafting discussions to try and improve the system and in return help you out as well.

I understand and for the average forum user, I get it, it does look benign and harmless. But this is the 3rd thread where this happens now where Evey will just outright call me a reseller (was more direct and obvious in the previous 2), so I'm really getting tired of it.

Yes there are some very unscrupulous "traders" which should rightly be called resellers, and as you said, I'm not one of them, so I don't like being placed in that category, repeatedly. Once, fine, could be an honest mistake or just a problem with us having differing semantics for the "endearing" term, but 3 times is no accident, especially when I already tried to correct it before.

I understand and for the average forum user, I get it, it does look benign and harmless. But this is the 3rd thread where this happens now where Evey will just outright call me a reseller (was more direct and obvious in the previous 2), so I'm really getting tired of it.

Yes there are some very unscrupulous "traders" which should rightly be called resellers, and as you said, I'm not one of them, so I don't like being placed in that category, repeatedly. Once, fine, could be an honest mistake or just a problem with us having differing semantics for the "endearing" term, but 3 times is no accident, especially when I already tried to correct it before.

Yep a "shop owner" is not in the same category as a "reseller" so I agree with you. You are running a business. And this is what MA is going to be focusing on going forward into UE5 too. They want to create entrepreneurs etc and create roles and stuff, so you can hire people etc.

I do have issues with a lot of resellers in this game but I never class resellers and shop owners in the same category.

Like about 90% of resellers in this game I have came across I put on ignore and about 10% I am friends with and or they are fair with their prices when I need to sell things quick etc. Anyway should probably get the thread back on topic :D

Interesting. Something definetly in right direction! Well done MA!

People sell in shops hypestims for 5-6 peds, they buy them for 3 peds while it's possbile for everyone to buy them at 3.5 - 4.
If they would have been auctionable, a lot more people would have easy access to funds to continue hunting during mayhems, by selling pills to other hunters instead of having to sell to resellers making the whole experience very toxic and unpleasant...
There are many shops for 4-5 ped range :). i can see, since you re using them, you wanna price to go as cheap as possible, but if ,pills become listable on ah, it gonna be worteless as the shop owner dont have to stack thousands of each as they will always get outpriced, just by this, the guy in need of ped gonna kill the price runing it down , and so on, many will follow :). For hunters, it its great, but for guys who wanna sell, it wont be, it will break balance in favour of person who just wanna buy. hunter have same chance as any other guy to guy for same price as everyone, they just have to buy , but, there are better way to use peds rather than stacking thousands, of pills, i guess.

Last edited:
Ok folks on page 3 already, any economic forecasts? I see 100.5% up there somewhere, but what about a noobish EP1 crafter?
What will the minimum normal amount be, 20 peds at 21 peds=105% mu, or 10 peds at 11=110%?
Isn't it time that smaller amounts receive a lower than 50 pec fee, dear MA, or do you want to revive selling nanos@boxes?
Oh, my bad - they can just recycle their noob loot if they want instead of stacking stuff...

edit: overall I expect 1000 peds worth to be selling at 1005 peds tops. I indeed think it's probably a move by MA to force 'interaction' before peds can simply be 'gambled', yes!

Last edited:
When was that? I bought my first shop in like 2016 and didn't really get into selling Hyperstims until like 2019 I think. If I recall, it was around 5 ped at the time. Then MsPudding started selling them heavily and I bowed out for a while, just got back into it recently, few months ago.
First time new Mayhem event happened, Halloween 2021

Ok folks on page 3 already, any economic forecasts? I see 100.5% up there somewhere, but what about a noobish EP1 crafter?
What will the minimum normal amount be, 20 peds at 21 peds=105% mu, or 10 peds at 11=110%?
Isn't it time that smaller amounts receive a lower than 50 pec fee, dear MA, or do you want to revive selling nanos@boxes?
Oh, my bad - they can just recycle their noob loot if they want instead of stacking stuff...
They'll be TT for some time I guess because people will be stockpiling a bunch from the TT.

What we will see is less oils, etc hitting auction house because at some point it will be more economical to run them through explosives vs. auction house.

Asking for a friend, will we be able to recycle Compet Deeds? :sneaky:

They'll be TT for some time I guess because people will be stockpiling a bunch from the TT.

What we will see is less oils, etc hitting auction house because at some point it will be more economical to run them through explosives vs. auction house.

Asking for a friend, will we be able to recycle Compet Deeds? :sneaky:

If I was an EP crafter, I would just take the Explosive Projectiles I just made and "recycle" them in the TT for fresh nanocubes.

As an ArMatrix/Gizmo crafter, I will just "recycle" my Aninal Oil Residue and Robot Component Residue into Nanocubes since I always TT that crap anyway.

I don't think it will have as much effect as people seem to think.

If anything, it will raise the mu of Explosive Projectiles a bit, it will probably decrease the mu of Recycle BPs (these will probably fall out of favor quite a bit since you can't "recycle" the Shrapnel back into fresh Nanocubes).

It may eventually create a "floor" value for Animal Oils of around 101% but time will tell.

I think MA is doing this mostly because we have been asking for it for a decade now and my recent poll showed that a full third think this is very important. But I think they know that this won't really affect the economy much..

It's because everything now has no MU, largely. Their ability to make money through turnover is likely getting hit hard because it has to either be subsidized or it is just explosive fest. This was something that should have been done years ago.

Awesome , thanks a lot ! This will benefit all of us ❤

olaH4rU.png

hmmm too soon???

This is great. But can I please get some sort of a reward for suggesting this change in June last year?

https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/...ng-into-nanocubes-remove-them-from-tt.288022/
Yo dude you will have to share that with marco me and some others who went about this for long time. :LOL:

Great to see it happen. Im hoping it will trigger a lot more interplanetary commerce. It adds great logic to the game and makes it easier for new players to get the grips of how its played. As well as he won´t have to hoard 1/2 of our hunting loot anymore!! And thats great. If the CLDs move took out some liquidity from players hands, this one helps us a lot being able to manage our stack of chips properly.

I thought about the recent changes we had and i must say that the game finaly goes into the right Direction

Thanks mindark keep this work up and you earn my and many others trust again

A sugguestion from me:
Make Pyrite drop in lootable only again , bring back the Times where risk and reward was enjoyable. Or atleast give people a reason to go there. Since pvp is a very valueable core element of a floating economy , that benefit hunter crafter and miner aswell

Good call MA!

some questions i have
will there be changes to the nanocube amounts used in bps that currently require them?
will nanocubes be added to existing bps
will new nanocube using bps be discoverable when this change hits?

i personally hope so for the last one, it would be a good excuse to introduce some tool bps that require nanocubes since tool crafting above level 5 is largely dead

WTB EP4 blueprints bulk. 10 ped each.

This update is great. a small markup floor will now be created for all items. Expect to see calytrade spammed with “WTB junk loot 100.2%”. With the percentage of loot that I just TT these days I see this as a welcome change.

Not really sure what this will end up doing, as it'll convert one very abundant resource into another, which means the latter will be just as abundant. I guess it'll depend on how much crafters cycle vesus hunters... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

a single ep4 crafter will turn over an excess of 200k ped/day in nanocubes...

don't underestimate this.

a single ep4 crafter will turn over an excess of 200k ped/day in nanocubes...

don't underestimate this.

Yeah but that doesn't really mean anything if they can just "recycle" the Explosive Projectiles and residue back into fresh Nanocubes..

One thing that I think would really contribute to improving the overall MU of oils would be a rebalance of the oil distribution for instance and shared loot event mobs. Make something like 95% or more shrapnel.
Result: Less oils in the market and the demand will increase thus MU will rise. It will make it easier for lower bankroll players to keep cycling for longer since they can just convert their shrapnel.

Back