Project-Entropia - Myth's, Rumor's and Legend's.

Hey ..
The rumor of Dan ...funny.
One day i scanned him just for fun,i saw that he was Master Humanoid Investigator :eek: .When i asked him why he would like to increase his scanning skills,he replyed that he played only for skills...That guy is an obsessive skiller.
Screenshot taken in August,21th 2004.
[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

About Combat EnBoots-13 ..That was a joke made by HeadWar in his weapon chart.He voluntarily added the Combat EnBoots-13 to let people wonder what was that.
Its here :
http://www.tfd.chalmers.se/~m95titan/PE/HeadWarGunList.htm

I heard about one rumor when there was lots of Chirpy or Gibnib HoFs(anyway,its the small inoffensive birds)...
I heard that some people were trying to get Sentinel Arm-guards from the small birds..

I heard another rumor about the old unique Warlock that spawned in pre-PvP3(there was only 1 at that time).I heard it was controlled sometimes by one employee of MA...And several times when it killed me, it acted just like it was controlled by someone : it used to run around and kill every mob around just like if it got furious ..(back in that time,we could float as ghost to follow the Warlock after we died)...

There was rumor that Sam T-Rex Smith was Marco Behrmann ...Actually ,i heard that several characters were Marco Behrmann ...I heard too that MindBuster was Marco Behrmann because he never entered in a soc,and because of his initial MB and because he kept crafting armor to try out the system..I heard too that one small avatar called Tapper was Marco Behrmann..lol...and many other avatars were Marco Behrmann lol....

There was a legend that tells a player alone kept standing near a claimstake at LG and nobody wanted to attack him during the whole long hours that were needed for winning the land.....And there was only few lands available at that time ..Oh no wait,its true ! its Jor lol..

Lots of rumors .....I heard an old story about the PE exchange and why they closed it but i hadnot been told that story ...One guy told me that another guy a long time ago when PE exchange was working ,found a way to create PEDS with a bug..And he started to withdraw money ,and the more he withdrawed and the more he wanted until MindArk busted him.

There is a legend about one guy called Alf ..I was told he achieved to make the biggest scam of PE ever..and that he was a kind of trader that everybody trusted and everybody lent him stuff to sell it and thats how he scammed lots of persons in one time.

There is also the rumor that one giant mob called Behemoth existed in the closed Beta or something... One old francophonic website still got the picture of the old Behemoth .I know now there is one for show in the RDI of Port Atlantis ..but the rumor said he was really in the game ..

I heard too that in the Beta ,there was a spaceship that crashed and lots of guns could be found on the ground...

There was one rumor that Connor was the boss of PE ....Then i added her in FL when we could without avatar's autorization ..I PMed her to buy a Rage pants because she was the only tailor in PE that could make them ...But she never replyed to my PM ..and one day she gave a purple rancher hat to Optima and SuggaBabe(who was supposed to be Ravenutzu in another rumor, the guy who stole the Personal Revive Terminal of T-Rex) and everybody cried and Marco Behrmann admitted that Connor is MA-CEO then they added the tag "MA-CEO" to his avatar name,which was Connor WitchBlade Connor before..

And the story of the man who TTed his improved MK2 lol .....that was a nice story..It was like 3 years ago, there was a rumor that someone TTed his improved MK2 by mistake ..lol...

The myth of the superminer ...I ve been told a story of a superminer boosted by MindArk during the closed beta .. They gave him like 10k skills in prospecting and mining (back in the times, the prospecting skills were around 8 times stronger than now,so it means something.) And he could find a deposit almost at every bomb ....He was so powerful that MindArk stopped the test quickly.

I heard too that there was big hofs in the closed beta ,like 8k peds in mining ...Whereas since Beta opened in 2002 until end of 2004,there was nothing higher than 5k peds i think.

The legend of the special TP ..There is a TP visible only by "chosen people" that can teleport in top of the big tower in the desert of Pandora...If you are close enough of MindArk,I heard you'll have this TP on your TPmap...But i havenot been told whats up there.

And many more stories..............I just can spend all the night writing all the myths and rumors i heard about PE.

Francine said:
About Combat EnBoots-13 ..That was a joke made by HeadWar in his weapon chart.He voluntarily added the Combat EnBoots-13 to let people wonder what was that.
Its here :

HeadWar being in my society at the time (CMC - Church of the Mushroom Cloud) makes my knowledge well about the enboots. :) It was a joke from the beginning, and those of you who are old Duke Nukem 3D players understand the comment "It's time to kick ass and chew bubble-gum, and I'm all outta gum." Where the latter part is the comment on the boots in the list. Duke Nukem uses his foot (EnBoots) to slaughter monsters when he's out of ammo.

Francine said:
Lots of rumors .....I heard an old story about the PE exchange and why they closed it but i hadnot been told that story ...One guy told me that another guy a long time ago when PE exchange was working ,found a way to create PEDS with a bug..And he started to withdraw money ,and the more he withdrawed and the more he wanted until MindArk busted him.
That is also in fact a true rumor. As far as I know. I don't know the details, but I know someone in CMC (my old society, could it have been Recoda or Sara?) told me that they noticed a way to more or less just extract money from the Exchange terminal. Naturally they reported the bug, but it surely did exist.

It's closely related to the nice TT bug that appeared a while later. Where, if you entered a TT with a non-closed loot window you could dupe stacks of PED. ^_^ That was a crazy bug and so many people were banned. Sadly enough a lot of nice items disappeared on those banned avatars too. BP for the A204 and Urban Nomad Gale coat (M) for starters.

Francine said:
Hey ..
The rumor of Dan ...funny.
One day i scanned him just for fun,i saw that he was Master Humanoid Investigator :eek: .When i asked him why he would like to increase his scanning skills,he replyed that he played only for skills...That guy is an obsessive skiller.
Screenshot taken in August,21th 2004.

dan and I were in the same soc for some time (uniques), he trully has the most scanning skills I've ever seen. He also has now un-atainable general/evade, was nice to see him talk skills in soc chat :)

He had quit and came back after trying 'most other MMORPGs' but seems to have gone inactive again :(

Last edited:
heh i think it's well known :
when You hunt in team and one or more of team members log out the remaining get some extra chance for good loots or even HOF :wise:

no .. what we ALL know is, that when you hunt in team, the person with the highest perception skills should loot ... :wise:

Can anyone confirm this btw? :dunno:

I came across a 'second' Atlas Haven the yesterday :p wierd

Etopia said:
Mod pixi exist ....

Take a pixi (old time rule) put plate a5 on it , and you got mod pixi ...
Low decay , hight protection armor ....
Lots of player called that a mod pixi .. at least i did more than 1 time :)

As for legend ,a chirpy told me ratexx figured out the mining system :D

I'd rather 5B myself :)

Lu Nix said:
when You hunt in team and one or more of team members log out the remaining get some extra chance for good loots or even HOF :wise:

I've seen this happen quite a few times!

Lykke said:
no .. what we ALL know is, that when you hunt in team, the person with the highest perception skills should loot ... :wise:

Can anyone confirm this btw? :dunno:
no, nobody can confirm this..
But i can tell you a few things Marco has said...

"The looting avatar partially decides the loot"
"The loot is not affected by your skills"

A wise player by the name of Prodiq once told me, after looting the MMK2.

Prodiq said:
You do not loot the uber, the uber loots you!
:wise:

Lu Nix said:

this has happened to me lots actually. tho never been done intentionaly so it could just be coincidence.

Francine said:
SuggaBabe(who was supposed to be Ravenutzu in another rumor, the guy who stole the Personal Revive Terminal of T-Rex)

I heard about this. Seems like it was a big deal at the time. Love this thread. :)

There was a rumor some time ago that you could kill a mob, loot it, relog and get your ammo back.

You could. :D

Speaker said:
There was a rumor some time ago that you could kill a mob, loot it, relog and get your ammo back.

You could. :D
Yeah.. not frequent enough updates between client and server. This is supposed to have been fixed tho. A lot of people made good money on that "feature". It kinda wasnt a bug as it was just programmed that way and MA didnt realize the implications untill people started doing whay you just described...

So on the "secret" TP, is that indeed a little feature that exists, and can anyone that has used it and been on top of tower share?

RUMOR:
There is a hockey mask in Jason Centre hidden somewhere near the town, that supposedly gave the town its name. - TRUE

RUMOR:
There was a bug at one time where you could take ANY item from ANY shopkeeper or player's trade window under the right circumstances. - TRUE

RUMOR:
There were "unique" items laying on the ground around Calypso that were supposedly item prototypes, and these items could be picked up. - TRUE (see avatar ;) )

RUMOR:
There was a vendor in Hadesheim that sold fap-5, fap-10, and fap-50's for (at least) two days. UNCONFIRMED (no proof, only witnesses)

RUMOR:
There was a weapon in-game with insane economy due to 5 extra electric damage but was later changed by MA. - TRUE (the 1x0 axe)

RUMOR:
There is a secret cave hidden deep in the middle of the lake near Limnadian District. - TRUE (gotta check this out if you haven't already)

RUMOR:
There once was a mutated chirpy that had insanely high stats and dropped a gold wedding band when killed. - TRUE (I think SIBUK still has this ring in his house above his fireplace near TI North)

RUMOR:
There is a lake on Eudoria that lets you walk underwater without swimming, and mobs can't drown in it. - TRUE (the dark swirl by the SC south of Pandora)

RUMOR:
The large blue tower near pandora holds all of the loot currently in the "loot pool". - FALSE (obviously :) )

RUMOR:
After the Hogglo originally went extinct someone found a hogglo pelvis deep in the ground while mining. - TRUE (this is how deathifier got the original DNA, I believe)

RUMOR:
There once was an adjusted hero laying on the ground near one of the TPs for months but no one could pick it up - TRUE

RUMOR:
Snablesnots used to not shoot acid at you, and only did impact damage. - TRUE (after a certain VU Marco stated "The snablesnots seem to have caught a cold ;-)")

RUMOR:
There is a way to get inside the big "mound" at the oil rig that has the metal door on it, and inside, there are stacks and stacks of oil barrels stored there. - FALSE

RUMOR:
The skeleton inside of the small building on the hill in Twin Peaks was once holding a mod fap in his hands, but someone found a way to get inside the room and picked it up. - FALSE (until someone shows me an SS of this :) )

Metatron said:
RUMOR:
There once was an adjusted hero laying on the ground near one of the TPs for months but no one could pick it up - TRUE

And i tryed to pick it up for 1 hour :D ...and thats also true

Can you say more about this cave in limnadian lake, whereabouts is it, how do you get inside and what is in there

And on the secret TP on tower: true or false?

Kombinator said:
Can you say more about this cave in limnadian lake, whereabouts is it, how do you get inside and what is in there

Just search around in Limnadian lake, its not THAT big...I think it may be in either the center or southern part of the lake (in the water).

There is no secret TP on the tower.

Francine said:
And i tryed to pick it up for 1 hour :D ...and thats also true

That was the most fun ever. Everyday i saw someone there trying pick it up, me too. I wonder how it got there in the first place.

quote from kombinator (darn firefox)

Yes a cave DID exist. But after i came back i went there, and its not there anymore, it was on the edge.
But there is another in the middle now? i'll definetly go see this.

so is the cave underwater, in the water, on a little island? and is the entrance pretty clear?

Kombinator said:
so is the cave underwater, in the water, on a little island? and is the entrance pretty clear?

I haven't been to the cave in a loooong time so I can't quite remember exactly where it is. I am 100% sure of its existence though, and it is obviously meant to be an intentional cave, not just a bug. Someone probably has screenshots to confirm this, we just have to hope that its either still there or someone will be nice enough to post what it looks like. I sure hope its not gone!

Fun topic!

About the cave, check this map:

Ambrosian Caves

Yes its still there. Its a kindof a hollow rock on the coast side of the hills.

so what is inside the cave, is it just a landmark then?

sahel said:
Fun topic!

About the cave, check this map:

Ambrosian Caves

Yes its still there. Its a kindof a hollow rock on the coast side of the hills.

Now that we have proof of the location, would anyone like to go and actually see if it is still there? I would go, but I'm stuck at work for a few more hours... :)

EDIT: That, or we could have MARCO post on the subject on whether it has been removed or not since he is back from vacation now (although he is probably busy :)).

It's just a landmark, nothing in it. I've been there since the last VU, pretty sure it's still there

The cave near the lake is near the SE part of the lake, where it turns into a river, if I remember correctly. I've been there once, and it's not below water, you'll see a hole in the hill side. At one point there was ponds in it, if you dropped somethign in it no one could pick it up, like a wishing well. You might to this day see items in it.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this thread :D I'm having alot of fun reading it ;)

Faustian said:
The cave near the lake is near the SE part of the lake, where it turns into a river, if I remember correctly. I've been there once, and it's not below water, you'll see a hole in the hill side. At one point there was ponds in it, if you dropped somethign in it no one could pick it up, like a wishing well. You might to this day see items in it.

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this thread :D I'm having alot of fun reading it ;)
unless you lied down and got submerged like the item under the water?
Cause thats how it worked in other ponds where stuff was unlootable or apparently not possible to pick things up from..

Faustian said:

Me too! Keep them coming people, this is saving me from a lot of boredom at work. :)

Now that Marco is back, maybe he can straighten out some of the unanswered myths? :D

I thought the cave had moved. Guess it hadent.

I remeber this rumour.
There was a rumour of a rod in the far south. Which if you followed the path of the rods along the shore you would find something at the end. Like a rainbow i guess. I think there was another, but it was a long time ago.
I thought that smiley face near it also gave off something if i waited long enough.

I also heard a rumour of a secret cave, where there was gold, ped, and mineing gear, alot of things really that spawn. I only remeber that it was said to be in a very useless area.
No mobs, not atall good ores etc.
I'll see over the map for the all the guesses of it. But noone had ever really been there.

arieas said:
I thought the cave had moved. Guess it hadent.

I remeber this rumour.
There was a rumour of a rod in the far south. Which if you followed the path of the rods along the shore you would find something at the end. Like a rainbow i guess. I think there was another, but it was a long time ago.
I thought that smiley face near it also gave off something if i waited long enough.

I also heard a rumour of a secret cave, where there was gold, ped, and mineing gear, alot of things really that spawn. I only remeber that it was said to be in a very useless area.
No mobs, not atall good ores etc.
I'll see over the map for the all the guesses of it. But noone had ever really been there.
There is infact a rod to the far south and there is something in the water below that rod.. Go there and see for yourself :)

Back