A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

• Yes, a separate continent for noobs / non depositors is a good idea!

Votes: 38 14.5%
  • No, I like living on the same continent as noobs / non depositors

Votes: 194 74.0%
  • I don't mind either way

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
This is just stupid. its becouse of the abilyti to make money in a free game that most ppl start playing entropia and this would just cause Entropia to stagnate. im not gonna say much more. but im never putting my foot on ur LA again either

Gen: the way you're talking is really unfair, sound like you never been a noob, you never sweated any mobs and you deposited on your first day and imediatly been a uber (are you one of 'em already ?), you should really say thanks to all newb for all they are doing, the worse job ingame, sweater !

Do you really think some uber ever deposited more than 1k $ ?

I firstly thought that your treasure hunt was something to helps noobs besides promoting your Land Area but it seems that i'm wrong, if i ever find something there trust me, the TT will eat it for sure no matter what it is oh or i'll probably give it to a non depositer !

Gen: the way you're talking is really unfair, sound like you never been a noob, you never sweated any mobs and you deposited on your first day and imediatly been a uber (are you one of 'em already ?), you should really say thanks to all newb for all they are doing, the worse job ingame, sweater !

Do you really think some uber ever deposited more than 1k $ ?

I firstly thought that your treasure hunt was something to helps noobs besides promoting your Land Area but it seems that i'm wrong, if i ever find something there trust me, the TT will eat it for sure no matter what it is oh or i'll probably give it to a non depositer !

:S why does everything come back to my LA, this is a post about a continent for noobs / non depositors not whether you guys should visit or shouldn't visit my LA because of my post!

Last edited:
There is a differentiation between Noob and Non Depositor of course. If you've been playing for a while then of course you're not a Noob, if you haven't deposited then of course you're a non depositor. If you have deposited then you're by in large paying-to-play.

A continent for noobs is not a bad idea, it should be constructed in a way to provide a noob environment. When I started here, it was incredibly confusing with the public window scrolling with texts of people selling stuff Etc. The implementation of the Continent would be something for the game designers to consider. I would suggest automated guides that actually provide good info together with providing incentives to depositing players to visit the noob continent to mentor people.

As for non depositors I'm just stating fact. Explain to me the value of a player that doesn't deposit if they didn't sweat? We could turn it around and say that depositors are forced to spend their hard earned funds with non depositors. If depositing players had the choice I'm sure they would buy sweat from TT where they can buy it as they want it and where prices are not manipulated.

I not against that idea man, its the fact that you said non-depositer are useless/worthless.
Sweat is a part of the game and for nothing i'd like to see it in a TT (if there are sweat in the TT why not putting some rugaritz, platinium and gold, oh and maybe a shadow).

Nevermind, i ain't here to get in trouble with anyone or create problem in your own thread but in the future be careful with the word you're using it can hurts someone !

i dont think having a seperate place for brand new arrivals to 'learn the ropes' is a bad idea, but not a prison until they deposit $1000. i didn't break $1000 before i bought my store and that was a long, long time after i started. at $20 bucks a month, that is still only $240 a year.

if you have any familiarity to that other sci-fi swedish game they had/have a nice newbie area to level up a little before going out into the world. but you aren't trapped there.

I not against that idea man, its the fact that you said non-depositer are useless/worthless.
Sweat is a part of the game and for nothing i'd like to see it in a TT (if there are sweat in the TT why not putting some rugaritz, platinium and gold, oh and maybe a shadow).

Nevermind, i ain't here to get in trouble with anyone or create problem in your own thread but in the future be careful with the word you're using it can hurts someone !

I didn't say they are worthless in any of my posts, I asked what value they would have if there was no such thing as sweating.

i dont think having a seperate place for brand new arrivals to 'learn the ropes' is a bad idea, but not a prison until they deposit $1000. i didn't break $1000 before i bought my store and that was a long, long time after i started. at $20 bucks a month, that is still only $240 a year.

if you have any familiarity to that other sci-fi swedish game they had/have a nice newbie area to level up a little before going out into the world. but you aren't trapped there.

At last someone who gets the who point of a new continent for noobs! And the amount for gaining access to other continents... I would have absolutely no sway whatsoever if this idea was to be adopted and what the amount would be!

That's if you don't get eaten by the Atrax Stalkers first. Why do you think I turned up the Maturity on the LA? To keep non depositors OUT.

Oh well, your LA is like your House, you can do whatever is in your mind and let enter whoever you want, you should ask MA to add something saying you useless/worthless non-depositer stay outside of my LA.

I don't see the point of sweating albeit a tactic to give non depositors some kind of value in the game.

sorry non-valuable players !

Hope you won't meet any Supremacy Reign members in pvp !

Enjoy ;)

Oh well, your LA is like your House, you can do whatever is in your mind and let enter whoever you want, you should ask MA to add something saying you useless/worthless non-depositer stay outside of my LA.

sorry non-valuable players !

Hope you won't meet any Supremacy Reign members in pvp !

Enjoy ;)

You quoted me before I had time to edit my post but OK, I'll make sure I stay away from PVP when I see Supremacy Reign members in PVP!

if there was a noob area, i;d make it one way. you join, you learn, you leave. no fee, no conditions, you leave when you are ready.

if there was a noob area, i;d make it one way. you join, you learn, you leave. no fee, no conditions, you leave when you are ready.

I disagree, I tell you why. They will leave the area start hunting or whatever then get disappointed that they'll use up all their ammo in a hunt and won't be able to do anything else again until they sweat for another few hours, days, weeks or whatever.

If people are educated sooner that they need to deposit something in order to play then I think it's more likely that when someone hears about EU even more players who are accustomed to paying to play an mmorpg will be attracted to the game and thus boosting the loot pool.

Imagine the resources that would have to be put in by MA to make a totally new continent + the servers to run it. Wouldnt a better idea be to use those resources on upgrading the servers and code used to run the existing continents?

Also, initially joining a game where you see everybody around you in OJ sweating and looking for dung/fruit would not entice anybody to join, atleast not put another $1,000 into it,

Nicko

If people are educated sooner that they need to deposit something in order to play then I think it's more likely that when someone hears about EU even more players who are accustomed to paying to play an mmorpg will be attracted to the game and thus boosting the loot pool.

I think the key thing u are overlooking or glossing-over or something, is that ppl don't have to deposit to play. You want to completely change the dynamic of PE, and that just won't work.

Sure if u want to go from a n00b now to imitating Skalman in one year's time, yes you will most likely need to deposit. But if u want to play without depositing it can be done. Many would say, that is the beauty of the Universe MA is creating.

If your forced to pay 1k to enjoy the full area of play then its not much of a "free universe" anymore.

Yes all of them - including the well off traders / resellers who have made it big time but have not deposited. Also whilst you're on this Continent you cannot withdraw any funds to RL or use the ATM cash card (when it works). You will have to have paid your 1000 USD (access to pay-to-play) and then you'd be able to withdraw your funds as normal.

This reeks of "the Old rich" shunning those who became successful from poor beginnings.
It's truly unbelievable to me. Whats the point for learning the ropes working hard and building business relationships? I have only been around 6 months. You simply cannot herd up all the people who have archived success here with small deposits (not that many i'm sure) and throw them in a new place after 5 years and say "any contribution's you have made are useless, stay here or pay 1,000 dollars to continue to live as you did before"

Everyone has a choice to deposit or not, I do. Not 1,000 dollars. Over a period of time, perhaps.
Weather you put in thousands or not is part of the choices you make here. Changing now, imo would change things for the worse.
Lag is a B/S reason, a half hearted attempt at justification.

How about an area for big depositors, once your there, thats where you stay.
No coming back. Make it a separate economy. That could stabilize some prices quite nicely.

As far as your comments on who goes to you land area, why do you even care. If a non depositor rose to a level where they had the armor and weapons to fight Atrox stalkers, you get your tax the same as if a big depositor was there. How do you think the person got the gear? Hard work. And the sops it came from benefited as did the crafter who made the gear. Is someone less of a member if they achieved high skill and a bank account without depositing a large sum? I would have a huge ammount of respect for someone who achieved that.
not a bad idea. This is my first MMO. When I played Tribes, it was one of the first online only games, there was a small area PC side where you walked through some text prompted tutorials before jumping in the servers.
a mix of that may help out, irt new people sticking around a little longer.

:rofl: @ your behaviour, gen.

No, really. First you create a poll about liking or disliking non-depositers, and made it somewhat clear that you disliked them. That's ok, it's your right not to. But now, shortly after posting that one, you post this idea, and as soon as it starts to backfire at your LA because of people disagreeing with the way you want to isolate non-depositors and the way you think of them you start to act all like you just posted this thinking about the best for the newcomers... :rolleyes: :laugh:

If you have an opinion, be a man at least once in your lifetime and stand for it.

And taking a close look at what you wrote and how in those two threads (especially on this one) I can guess that you're either:

a) A rich kid with a rich daddy's credit card

or

b) The most pompous, arrogant and futile dude I've ever seen in EU (and trust me, I've seen plenty)

Either way, you surely don't seem to know the real value of money really. Do you have any idea what you can buy with 1000 dollars (not neccessarily in a poor country, even) ? I might be wrong, but I believe that if you asked most ppl if they'd put that kind of money in an internet game just to be able to have full access to it (note that I said full access, not full enjoyment) they'd just laugh at you.
I'm not saying there aren't any, but I don't know anybody who depositted 1k USD right up front. They either did small deposits until they reached that sum, or played a whole lot of time without depositting before doing that big deposit.

And if you're so annoyed, disgusted or jealous of non-depositors why not use your rich little money and go make your own RCE-game with all your brilliant suggestions? Then maybe you won't have to worry about your precious little LA and start making phoney statements, because you're affraid of losing customers.

P.S.: I'm not going to your LA anymore either, and will reccomend my friends to do the same, since it seems like all but those buddies of yours that have depositted a few dozen thousand USD aren't welcome there.

GL with developing the new game, and with your LA business, sir. :tiphat:

you surely don't seem to know the real value of money really. Do you have any idea what you can buy with 1000 dollars (not neccessarily in a poor country, even)

+rep, so true, that's my house payment.
This is a huge diverse gathering of people. Everyone has their reasons for the amount of money they deposit. If i were single, my deposits would be higher. 100 to 200 bucks a week in eating out and drinking could easily be filtered into a weekend at home playing over a delivered pizza. If i were single my playtime might be less - no late night sessions waiting for the next feeding time for the baby lol.
Priorities also come into play here. You can throughly enjoy the EU regardless of the time you spend and the money you deposit. Your access should not be determined by either.

I miss the voting option "Hell no, I like living on the same continent as all the depositors / ubers!"

:mad:

ah crap, if 1k usd depo total is the limit I guess i'm stuck on teh island for quite a while. gilligan, bring me the coconut radio so I can call for help :ahh:

Welcome to Entropia Universe, please enter your credit card information now to continue 20..19..18..17..16..15 :laugh:

I guess I'll add some actual content to this thread now.

You can't be seriously thinking that they'd do this, segregate the classes? Whats next, an Island for small depositers until they can graduate up to the "elite" status of uber depositers? Not everyone treats this game like a business, and not everyone wants to put in substantial amounts of money into it. If MA wanted it, they would've done it, in the form of a monthly fee or whatever.

But its obvious they don't, they want people to learn how to get by on their own methods. If you get along by hotkeying the deposit button, and it makes you happy, then fine, more power to ya. I get by fine and haven't scammed or ripped off a single soul, nor do I sweat or sit in twins all day paying you 5% less than peauction for your minerals.

It's good that you don't influence the way the game works, because I think if it this actually happened there would be way less people playing. Which is better, 5 people deopsiting 1k, or 1000 paying 20 dollars a month?

Last edited:
Well we've had lots of pros and cons of the non depositor versus the depositor. Mostly the discussion has been good with the odd insult thrown around :D

Now let's take it one step further and see what the community about a separate continent for Noobs and Non Depositors.

Noobs are to start on this "new" continent and as soon as they make their first substantial deposit (1000 USD) they gain teleports to Eudoria / Amethera where they can then gain access to CP and CND.

This could mean lag created by loads of Noobs and Non depositors are restricted to one Continent (A small farm of servers) and won't affect the rest of community that pay-to-play.

The benefits are also that if the mentors out there can go to a specific continent to find their apprentices in vast numbers.

The non depositors can have their fun sweating and trading their way up until they are successful enough to buy their pass to the other continents.

The depositors can be safe in the knowledge that they are surrounded with like minded individuals committed to paying to play and will no longer be spammed by those that beg (Yes, I know not all non depositors beg!) I also think scamming will be limited to one continent too :D

Are you for real? :eek:
What you are talking about there would mean the end of EU :laugh:
Really, I mean REALLY bad idea m8!

I'm guessing you're a non depositor in which case we wouldn't be on the same continent so I wouldn't need to listen to your nasty jibes or -reps :D

If you're a small time depositor then you'd be killed by the Atrax Stalkers before you got to me :D

If you're a big time depositor then you'd know what I'm talking about and wouldn't be annoyed about the suggestion of a new continent for noobs / non depositors. :D

way to discriminate :rolleyes:
im a "big time depositor", and even i wouldn't be able to take an atrax stalket. whats your point?

and yes, again i am a big time depositor, but no, i don't know what you're talking about, and yes i am annoyed at such a suggestion.

(im not sure if you've thought about this, but for there to exist such an island where no "real" cash economy can exist, the eco would have to be falsified, and it would actually become false advertising to the noobs on the island. "look, on 9/10 hunts im using 1 ped to kill the monster and im getting 10ped back! im laughing once i get to Eudoria!! this mod fap really helps too, i bet there are better items than that in the tt's in Eudoria!!!!!! omgzorz")

noobs are our way forward. we should be nurturing them and encouraging them to deposit, not exiling them all and locking them away on an unrealistic version of EU. could you imagine if this actually happened how many of them would be saying "wow! Eudoria is soo different to the starting island!"? thats if any of them actually got encouraged as far as depositing that is.

oh, and there is a mojor flaw in your grand scheme. the depositing limit thingy? its very easy to work around. deposit 1k ped (or 1kusd i don't know which u want)... ur in. as soon as ur in.... waddaya do? PRESS THE WITHDRAWAL BUTTON! and u lose 1% maybe 2. nothing a day or so sweating can't sort out. that being said...... this whole thread is pointless.

you have a funny definition of RCE.

I'm guessing you're a non depositor in which case we wouldn't be on the same continent so I wouldn't need to listen to your nasty jibes or -reps :D

If you're a small time depositor then you'd be killed by the Atrax Stalkers before you got to me :D

If you're a big time depositor then you'd know what I'm talking about and wouldn't be annoyed about the suggestion of a new continent for noobs / non depositors. :D

M8, I gotta say, you got some annoying attitude right there...
If noobs, like you call them, wouldnt interract with the "ubers", how the heck do you think that they would feel motivated enough to go through all that damn slow skilling up and then to upgrade their gear?
This game is based on the big flow of "noobs" that come here and deposit just a bit at first, it doesnt matter if they remnain ingame enough time as long as the flow is not stopped.
My advice would be to just drop that bs arrogant mask you put on and admit your noobness state. In the ghetto with you! :laugh:

I'm surprised that an LA owners is so set against new players trying out EU, feels somewhat self-destructive.

you forgot about 4+ hops on a lesser TP chip ... sure glad ME is only around 200% ....if i was to ever go back there.

@Gen: i think you have have lost of goddamn mind. if you wanna save any respect from most of this community i would sugest letting this idea die and never speak of it again.

Well we've had lots of pros and cons of the non depositor versus the depositor. Mostly the discussion has been good with the odd insult thrown around :D

Now let's take it one step further and see what the community about a separate continent for Noobs and Non Depositors.

Noobs are to start on this "new" continent and as soon as they make their first substantial deposit (1000 USD) they gain teleports to Eudoria / Amethera where they can then gain access to CP and CND.

This could mean lag created by loads of Noobs and Non depositors are restricted to one Continent (A small farm of servers) and won't affect the rest of community that pay-to-play.

The benefits are also that if the mentors out there can go to a specific continent to find their apprentices in vast numbers.

The non depositors can have their fun sweating and trading their way up until they are successful enough to buy their pass to the other continents.

The depositors can be safe in the knowledge that they are surrounded with like minded individuals committed to paying to play and will no longer be spammed by those that beg (Yes, I know not all non depositors beg!) I also think scamming will be limited to one continent too :D

so u wanna kick me to another place for not having deposited :eek:

so u wanna kick me to another place for not having deposited :eek:

Calypso without the Queen of Calypso??? :eek:

PS: Nakia, what the heck is "props" (I hope its not another pr0n word :D )
I mean from your sig:

Nakia's sig said:
Some people like me, and some people don't. Some give me props, some people wont. Either way i guess its all the same cause you all mutha fuckers still know my name

Calypso without the Queen of Calypso??? :eek:

PS: Nakia, what the heck is "props" (I hope its not another pr0n word :D )
I mean from your sig:

I didn't write it, I copied it from a song :)

Song: Some People
Artist: Big B
CD: White Trash Renegade

I didn't write it, I copied it from a song :)

Song: Some People
Artist: Big B
CD: White Trash Renegade

Ahh, gottcha... still cant figure it out tho....damn its so annoying to be a curious cat like me sometimes....meow :D

Ahh, gottcha... still cant figure it out tho....damn its so annoying to be a curious cat like me sometimes....meow :D

props - "respect, recognition" (example. Gotta give that girl props for her web site.)

there u go :)

props - "respect, recognition" (example. Gotta give that girl props for her web site.)

there u go :)

Thank you! You've got my "props" for sure now ;)

Back