A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

• Yes, a separate continent for noobs / non depositors is a good idea!

Votes: 38 14.5%
  • No, I like living on the same continent as noobs / non depositors

Votes: 194 74.0%
  • I don't mind either way

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters

gen

Old Alpha
Genesis
Well we've had lots of pros and cons of the non depositor versus the depositor. Mostly the discussion has been good with the odd insult thrown around :D

Now let's take it one step further and see what the community about a separate continent for Noobs and Non Depositors.

Noobs are to start on this "new" continent and as soon as they make their first substantial deposit (1000 USD) they gain teleports to Eudoria / Amethera where they can then gain access to CP and CND.

This could mean lag created by loads of Noobs and Non depositors are restricted to one Continent (A small farm of servers) and won't affect the rest of community that pay-to-play.

The benefits are also that if the mentors out there can go to a specific continent to find their apprentices in vast numbers.

The non depositors can have their fun sweating and trading their way up until they are successful enough to buy their pass to the other continents.

The depositors can be safe in the knowledge that they are surrounded with like minded individuals committed to paying to play and will no longer be spammed by those that beg (Yes, I know not all non depositors beg!) I also think scamming will be limited to one continent too :D

No! I like live with noobs and no depositor even if they dry my loot pool :laugh:

I don't like this idea at all - for many ppl a "substantial" deposit is far lower than 1k USD.:rolleyes:

This would utterly change the dynamic of the game. And that would be a bad thing. PE should remain "free to play."

You mean like a noob-ghetto for the "unwanted"? :scratch2:

na, I like it as it is now, we need a mixed comunity :)
some server upgrades will solve the lag (yea, like that would happend) :rolleyes:

Might be a good idea if (and only if) depositors can travel to "n00b land", but with restrictions. If a lot of depositors had free access for an unlimited time I believe it wouldn't be a continent for non-depositors anymore.

I would lower the amount of deposited money needed, like $100 should be enough to explore the whole universe in my opinion. Also, we have a lot of higher skilled players in EU already who have never deposited a dime, should they be stuck on "n00b land"? I think there should be a skill limit as well for when the "real" universe opens up, maybe around or just below graduation. So either deposit or graduate and you'll be accepted as a true entropian. :laugh:

I don't like this idea at all - for many ppl a "substantial" deposit is far lower than 1k USD.:rolleyes:

This would utterly change the dynamic of the game. And that would be a bad thing. PE should remain "free to play."

Well it would still be "free to play" just that those who "pay to play" have the choice of whether to liaise with those to "play for free" or not. :D

I will have to disagree with this idea. Segregating depositers and non-depositers in such a heavy handed manor will only lead to disaster.

Part of the reason that people deposit is to become competitive with the stronger avatars they encounter, or to hunt the higher level mobs they run across on their travels. To restrict which mobs they are able to find, events they can attend or the people they can meet on a regular basis will erode that incentive severely.

Besides, there are very few people that will make a first deposit of $1,000. Far more likely they will deposit $10 to start with, experiment at a slightly higher level then deposit more later on. How many will even reach the magic $1,000 mark before giving up? Amethera and Eudoria would become ghost towns.

There will be serious implications for the economy. Non-depositers provide key roles as low level traders, errand runners, advertisers and ticket sellers. You will reduce the amount of spam that high level players will see, but at the same time kill off much of the economy. Why pay a noob a low wage to advertise for your shop or service if they are unable to even get close to your potential customers? I suspect the employer will have to pay considerably larger sums to get help from depositers to advertise in the depositers area.

What will be the implications for shop owners? A lot of people deposit because they see something they want to buy. If they are prevented from accessing the shops and seeing the item, where has the incentive gone? Likewise, someone may want to skill up enough to tackle a mob on a particular land area. What happens when they can't even see a single land area?

If your concern is lag, I doubt having a new continent will help. PA has the same level of lag as some deserted parts of the world because MA seem to have allocated more resources to cope with the larger traffic at PA. If all the traffic moves to the new continent, what is to stop MA moving the server resources with them? They don't really need to offer the highest quality service to depositers, as they are already committed to EU. It would serve their interest more to present a good image to potential depositers instead.

However, the idea is not without merit. A far better solution though would be to keep everything as it is now and open up a new depositer-only area. That way the economic structure of the game is maintained and depositers get their own little area to play in whenever they want.

Well it would still be "free to play" just that those who "pay to play" have the choice of whether to liaise with those to "play for free" or not. :D

Let me ask a question before I get confused here.

Are u saying that even current non-depositers should be moved to this new continent?

Let me ask a question before I get confused here.

Are u saying that even current non-depositers should be moved to this new continent?

Yes all of them - including the well off traders / resellers who have made it big time but have not deposited. Also whilst you're on this Continent you cannot withdraw any funds to RL or use the ATM cash card (when it works). You will have to have paid your 1000 USD (access to pay-to-play) and then you'd be able to withdraw your funds as normal.

If they want to join the depositing population then they can go to the TT and buy a "key" which will allow them to use Teleports to Eudoria / Amethera. And yes the pay-to-play players should they choose can go to the Noob / Non Depositing continent.

If Sweat is to be sold it needs to be sold through the Auctioneer and the non depositor will be taxed a fee from MA for the sale of the Sweat.

The third largest mmmmmrogr thing does this (can't say), the free servers are mostly inhabited by 13 year olds, can't see how it fits into MA's business model, we fund free servers and what exactly do they do on them?

The third largest mmmmmrogr thing does this (can't say), the free servers are mostly inhabited by 13 year olds, can't see how it fits into MA's business model, we fund free servers and what exactly do they do on them?

I wouldn't care I wouldn't be on that continent. Let them rot? :D

That continent is for "new" players so they can taste what EU is like. Non depositors would have to live there until they realise that if they want to benefit from other areas they need to pay-to-play just like those who already pay-to-play and strive for that GBL, HOF, GBL.

Yes all of them...

OK, thx for making that clear. It is a unique idea, but again, 1k USD is more than substantial to a lot of ppl, and just because it is a nice round number, it shouldn't be the magic number that allows access to xxxxx.

Before I just disagreed with this idea. Now I really, really, disagree. Just one reason is something along the lines of the following question...

where does a 14 year old kid get 1kUSD?

However, the idea is not without merit. A far better solution though would be to keep everything as it is now and open up a new depositer-only area. That way the economic structure of the game is maintained and depositers get their own little area to play in whenever they want.

That's a nice idea too! :yay:

A particularly short sighted view for a land owner, I must say. A portion of those people that you are willing to let "rot" could be your next big customers.

I will have to remember that you only want big depositers on your Land.

Not if I'm paying for the damn server :)

That continent is for "new" players so they can taste what EU is like. Non depositors would have to live there until they realise that if they want to benefit from other areas they need to pay-to-play just like those who already pay-to-play and strive for that GBL, HOF, GBL.

So just a one time deposit or a subscription fee?

Bad idea in my opinion... only by letting new players walk beside the old-timers and feel utterly inferior will they deposit and pursue greatness at great cost. If they all hang together, they won't get the inspiration or addiction needed to commit their souls and fortunes to their avatars.

Bad idea in my opinion... only by letting new players walk beside the old-timers and feel utterly inferior will they deposit and pursue greatness at great cost. If they all hang together, they won't get the inspiration or addiction needed to commit their souls and fortunes to their avatars.

Pay-to-play players can go to that continent, I'm sure all the mentors out there would frequent that continent all the time.

A particularly short sighted view for a land owner, I must say. A portion of those people that you are willing to let "rot" could be your next big customers.

I will have to remember that you only want big depositers on your Land.

Yes, that's absolutely correct - big depositors on Atrax Kingdom only! All of you non depositors and small time depositors stay out!

Pay-to-play players can go to that continent, I'm sure all the mentors out there would frequent that continent all the time.

Not quite the same as seeing one person in chronicle tank two spiders and down them both moments later :)

Well, if this place is large, has only low level mobs, and is good for mining, I'm all for it lol. (Any suggestions involve more minable area have got my vote). :)

So gen, how long have you played? By looking at your land area you seem to have great understanding of the "game".

So gen, how long have you played? By looking at your land area you seem to have great understanding of the "game".

I'm guessing you're a non depositor in which case we wouldn't be on the same continent so I wouldn't need to listen to your nasty jibes or -reps :D

If you're a small time depositor then you'd be killed by the Atrax Stalkers before you got to me :D

If you're a big time depositor then you'd know what I'm talking about and wouldn't be annoyed about the suggestion of a new continent for noobs / non depositors. :D

Last edited:
I don't like it at all, i firstly though well it can be a good thing for them (as in another mmorpg) you would have to finish your training to really start playing and they would learn most of the game using that training period.

we would encounter problem with the mentoring thing and buying sweat, if there are no non depositer who will sweat ? how much the ME would cost ? noobs are an important part of this game trust me ! remove or move them all then you will probably see the ME for 30000% because sweating is an annoying thing !

I don't like it at all, i firstly though well it can be a good thing for them (as in another mmorpg) you would have to finish your training to really start playing and they would learn most of the game using that training period.

we would encounter problem with the mentoring thing and buying sweat, if there are no non depositer who will sweat ? how much the ME would cost ? noobs are an important part of this game trust me ! remove or move them all then you will probably see the ME for 30000% because sweating is an annoying thing !

I don't see the point of sweating albeit a tactic to give non depositors some kind of value in the game. Just replace it with ME in TT then where would they be. We already buy Ammo, Etc from TT why not ME?

I'm surprised that an LA owners is so set against new players trying out EU, feels somewhat self-destructive.

I don't see the point of sweating albeit a tactic to give non depositors some kind of value in the game. Just replace it with ME in TT then where would they be. We already buy Ammo, Etc from TT why not ME?

Actually i don't really see the point of having 2 different "world", when i'm reading your post it seems like all noobs must leave the game !

Noobs get out of here so us (uber) can play together, i MUST say no even if i have deposited over 1k $ (Am i still a noob then?!) and don't need to sweat to earn money then start enjoying the game, i must admit that i like to help newcomers and doing my best to make them stay in this game as some people when i started this game helped me !

"You're too weak for us get out of here, you don't have money to invest in this game get out of here, you're trying to earn money by doing useless thing get out of here" thats BS man.

I'd never accept thing like that and i'm taking it as a form of racism...

Anyway thanks for your idea but like everywhere some will agree some won't but please never post such post (quoted one) again (non depositor = worthless).

where does a 14 year old kid get 1kUSD?

considering that you are supposed to be 18 to play, who cares where they get it from :)

i agree 100%. when the eomon event went on and i got to see players wander around with my house mortage in ammo, guns, armor, and gear i really realized the extant of this game. seeing a level 70 dwarf isn't nearly as a thrill as someone wearing $250,000 in items.

i voted no. i deposit, and don't care one way or the other about non-depos. i don't think they affect me at all, and if they do only slightly. i don't think they have the same leg to stand on regarding loot complaints, but they are just trying to have a good time. i think the real issue is that with so many people crying about loot in general, what real incentive do they have to deposit?

they are picking up scraps, they aren't getting the best meat, let them get what they can. it reminds me of the rich irritated that the poor must inhabit the same space they do.

Actually i don't really see the point of having 2 different "world", when i'm reading your post it seems like all noobs must leave the game !

Noobs get out of here so us (uber) can play together, i MUST say no even if i have deposited over 1k $ (Am i still a noob then?!) and don't need to sweat to earn money then start enjoying the game, i must admit that i like to help newcomers and doing my best to make them stay in this game as some people when i started this game helped me !

"You're too weak for us get out of here, you don't have money to invest in this game get out of here, you're trying to earn money by doing useless thing get out of here" thats BS man.

I'd never accept thing like that and i'm taking it as a form of racism...

Anyway thanks for your idea but like everywhere some will agree some won't but please never post such post (quoted one) again (non depositor = worthless).

There is a differentiation between Noob and Non Depositor of course. If you've been playing for a while then of course you're not a Noob, if you haven't deposited then of course you're a non depositor. If you have deposited then you're by in large paying-to-play.

A continent for noobs is not a bad idea, it should be constructed in a way to provide a noob environment. When I started here, it was incredibly confusing with the public window scrolling with texts of people selling stuff Etc. The implementation of the Continent would be something for the game designers to consider. I would suggest automated guides that actually provide good info together with providing incentives to depositing players to visit the noob continent to mentor people.

As for non depositors I'm just stating fact. Explain to me the value of a player that doesn't deposit if they didn't sweat? We could turn it around and say that depositors are forced to spend their hard earned funds with non depositors. If depositing players had the choice I'm sure they would buy sweat from TT where they can buy it as they want it and where prices are not manipulated.

Back