A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

A new continent for noobs / non depositors?

• Yes, a separate continent for noobs / non depositors is a good idea!

Votes: 38 14.5%
  • No, I like living on the same continent as noobs / non depositors

Votes: 194 74.0%
  • I don't mind either way

Votes: 30 11.5%

• Total voters
ehhm.. ok, i did not read most of the posts here so maybe someone else mentioned this allready.

THIS IS the most Stupid idea i ever heard! Sorry...

How the hell can a "noob" learn or get the real fun of EU if he can´t play with the "old" players? There should simply more possibilitys for "noobs" to play all over bother continets. This would reduce lag as well if this is the main idea.

Last edited:
I kinda like this idea but in general I am against :)

This idea has good sides and bad sides. Some of the pro's I see would mean some nice people I know to suffer and as result probably leave EU. And I would rather have them arround. I wouldnt mind kicking some assholes back to this area.

But, IF, and only IF this were to happen, I would like to see depositers able to travel anywhere. We deposit thus should be able to roam freely..

Hey Squee! :D

I don't see why you of all people should be against this idea. You would still be able to see your friends on the other continent since you're a depositor :D

Why don't you always provide free flights from your hangar to CP / CND. The reason is because it hurts your pocket directly.

Non depositors are good for the game in that they provide a greater population in-game. They provide a community, like you said a lot of them are very nice people but you cannot deny the fact that there is the potential for them to directly hurt the pockets of the depositing community. The funds have to come from somewhere.

Now if you're already depositing then you wouldn't mind so much as you have the relative chance of scoring off another depositor.

i'm sure the dozen or so players who put in $ 1000 once in a while are not more important than the thousands who put in $20 or so every week so get off your high horse and realise its the frequent depos that make the game not a one off. you have your LA making money for you do you really expect us to believe you go to the bank every week to top up your account so you can go hunting.i would be surprised if you depo more than $50/month

I like the idea of a "new player" island or something to help brand new players out. Starting off in PA does not give a good first impression. The official guides have made a big difference, but still they could do with moving the new arrivals to somewhere different. Atlas Haven would be perfect for this.

I do not like the idea of segregating non/low depositors from depositors. It smacks of 1940's Europe, and we all know history no need to repeat that.

I'm afraid this post will have to be mostly a repetition of what people have been saying for the last 9 or so pages. This idea reminds me of ghettos and segregation and I feel strongly against that. First of all, I don't understand why you believe that all non-depositors are some kind of plague that needs to be cured (or at least isolated, islands for lepers anyone?). I started out as a non-depositor simply because I had no means to deposit, but with some help from a friend and my own HARD WORK I managed to get somewhere. Read the previous sentence carefully, I capitalised the key words. Many of the big depositors have more fun and less work because they can afford it, the others need to do more work and have less fun, because they have to/want to. Besides some of this segregation you propose has already taken place. As someone said, low skilled avatars stay mostly in some areas, mid-levels in others and the ubers have their own 'hunting grounds'. ATM I'm a non-depositor once again because of RL, but I'm still providing a kind of a service to all other players (and that's what all non-depositors have to do). I'm mostly a hunter so I collect some materials and I sell them to people who need it. Simple as that.
And about your train example: if you're poor you can get a job as a ticket collector and even get paid for riding the train ;). The point is: poor people also have their place in the world you know? Many of them provide services that the rich need, but wouldn't even think of doing. Do you collect dung for your LA yourself?

i'm sure the dozen or so players who put in $ 1000 once in a while are not more important than the thousands who put in $20 or so every week so get off your high horse and realise its the frequent depos that make the game not a one off. you have your LA making money for you do you really expect us to believe you go to the bank every week to top up your account so you can go hunting.i would be surprised if you depo more than $50/month

Someone who deposits $20 or so every week is a depositor not a non depositor.

A non depositor is one that does not deposit at all.

This all sounds familiar to me.

Round them up and deport them to a remote area.
Seperation from the rest of the community becouse they are "no good"
Keep them prison and let them "rot"

I think you are going overboard with this comparison but it did give me a good lauph cause it was so extreme. Try to view this idea as a starting area to Test EU before depositing. Not some deportation with free punishments and gas chambers.

need more lebensraum, eh :)
LOL, didnt think of that. But totally seperated sounds bad, and this would be the way to go then I think. I got enough places to get lost atm without seeing a single EU soul for hours.. The way I like it.

They provide a community, like you said a lot of them are very nice people but you cannot deny the fact that there is the potential for them to directly hurt the pockets of the depositing community. The funds have to come from somewhere.
Well as I cant select who I support I guess I will hafta support them all to support the people I like. I just hate supporting them to the extent that I only get 25% returns on hours of hunting. But then again, did my money goto those non-depositors, another depositor, or just to MA's bankaccount?

I'm afraid this post will have to be mostly a repetition of what people have been saying for the last 9 or so pages. This idea reminds me of ghettos and segregation and I feel strongly against that. First of all, I don't understand why you believe that all non-depositors are some kind of plague that needs to be cured (or at least isolated, islands for lepers anyone?). I started out as a non-depositor simply because I had no means to deposit, but with some help from a friend and my own HARD WORK I managed to get somewhere. Read the previous sentence carefully, I capitalised the key words. Many of the big depositors have more fun and less work because they can afford it, the others need to do more work and have less fun, because they have to/want to. Besides some of this segregation you propose has already taken place. As someone said, low skilled avatars stay mostly in some areas, mid-levels in others and the ubers have their own 'hunting grounds'. ATM I'm a non-depositor once again because of RL, but I'm still providing a kind of a service to all other players (and that's what all non-depositors have to do). I'm mostly a hunter so I collect some materials and I sell them to people who need it. Simple as that.
And about your train example: if you're poor you can get a job as a ticket collector and even get paid for riding the train ;). The point is: poor people also have their place in the world you know? Many of them provide services that the rich need, but wouldn't even think of doing. Do you collect dung for your LA yourself?

I totally aggre with u on this. Why should not ppl get paid for work in UE?

If you guys want more "Lebensraum" ask MA to open up a new Moon with "air" where you can fly to.

No money, no fly... but no deportation to "Noobs Realm".....

if you want ppl to take you seriously it would be an idea not to edit posts 10 minutes after they have been replied to.

my point b4 was that according to you if you cant make a $1000 deposit you dont belong in the extended game with everyone who can. but im sure MA would rather see thousands of ppl making small regular payments than a few ppl making a large deposit once every six months. the 10-15 ppl in your bigoted society would be flat broke very quickly without the working class depositors and non-depositors to make money for you.

I think you are going overboard with this comparison but it did give me a good lauph cause it was so extreme. Try to view this idea as a starting area to Test EU before depositing. Not some deportation with free punishments and gas chambers.

For my feeling I am not that far overboard with it.
Take next examples:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polynices View Post
Are u saying that even current non-depositers should be moved to this new continent?

Quote:
Originally Posted by gen View Post
Yes all of them...

And especialy this one made me sick.

Originally Posted by gen View Post
I wouldn't care I wouldn't be on that continent. Let them rot? :D

A area where newcomers can start whitout all the confusion like PA hase now might be a good idea.
You can set the guides there, maybe some low level mob's so they can get the feeling before stepping into the new big world.
But there hase to be one big importand thing about it.
It has to be open, for others to enter, so they can organise tp runs find disciples etc.
And open for the newcomers, they can leave whenever they want or return if they want help or practice more.
And surely no fenced of area where they have to pay a fee to leave.

I'm guessing you're a non depositor in which case we wouldn't be on the same continent so I wouldn't need to listen to your nasty jibes or -reps :D

If you're a small time depositor then you'd be killed by the Atrax Stalkers before you got to me :D

If you're a big time depositor then you'd know what I'm talking about and wouldn't be annoyed about the suggestion of a new continent for noobs / non depositors. :D

I think this post speaks for itselve and shows the real gen, either you are with me or you are crap....

BTW would this mean that globals, Hofs and ATH's would only drop on the parts where the depositers hunt/craft/mine? Asking this because I do not see anything like that in your post. Imagine how the payers would be upset when the ATH drops on the noob continent to a non depositer....

It would also mean that expansion to China and other parts of the world would be even harder as there 1000 US$ is more than they earn in a year or so...

BTW you already pay a fee to hunt bigger mobs and it is called Markup on the armor and weapons or finders you need to kill or mine them.

Someone who deposits $20 or so every week is a depositor not a non depositor.

A non depositor is one that does not deposit at all.

Dude! get it already! People are hurrying up, running wild to come and check this game because its FREE!!!! Got it now?
The more people, the more chances of depositors, the more $$$$!!!
What the hell is it so damn hard to understand???
MA can afford the sweating non-depositors... If they didnt, they wouldnt have removed the cap.

I disagree.

Reason:

Variety makes up everything, separation leads to stagnation.

Non depositers and sweaters are usually very nice people as well, as is everyone (with style).

Besides: A non depositer may be one day a big player. You want to deny yourself the opportunity?

Dude! get it already! People are hurrying up, running wild to come and check this game because its FREE!!!! Got it now?
The more people, the more chances of depositors, the more $$$$!!!
What the hell is it so damn hard to understand???
MA can afford the sweating non-depositors... If they didnt, they wouldnt have removed the cap.

How can MA afford it? Hmm. I think it's because people DEPOSIT not because people are sweating.

For my feeling I am not that far overboard with it.
Take next examples:

And especialy this one made me sick.

Ok, I see your point and can understand it. I know families that were victims of this same story your on about.

But were talking about a game here. I have killed RL friend in games like 100-500 times a night telling them to die time after time years ago, in a certain fast passed and popular FPS game. Doesnt mean I would consider the same in RL.

I also wonder to what extent it was said by gen to stimulate discussion...

I think this post speaks for itselve and shows the real gen, either you are with me or you are crap....

BTW would this mean that globals, Hofs and ATH's would only drop on the parts where the depositers hunt/craft/mine? Asking this because I do not see anything like that in your post. Imagine how the payers would be upset when the ATH drops on the noob continent to a non depositer....

It would also mean that expansion to China and other parts of the world would be even harder as there 1000 US$ is more than they earn in a year or so...

BTW you already pay a fee to hunt bigger mobs and it is called Markup on the armor and weapons or finders you need to kill or mine them.

Evidently on the noob continent / non depositing continent they maximum you can loot is 50 PED, a global which can't be withdrawn only to be used to buy items or what not.

And it's ludicrous to suggest that those who would be be playing EU in China are paid 1000 USD per year.

Ok, I see your point and can understand it. I know families that were victims of this same story your on about.

But were talking about a game here. I have killed RL friend in games like 100-500 times a night telling them to die time after time years ago, in a certain fast passed and popular FPS game. Doesnt mean I would consider the same in RL.

but this is about discriminating ppl in real life that may not have enough money to satisfy gens needs.

in the fps all players have same rights :)

but this is about discriminating ppl in real life that may not have enough money to satisfy gens needs.

in the fps all players have same rights :)

That's the whole point the non depositor shouldn't have the same rights, they don't pay anything?

If the game were to collapse non depositors would walk away and think, cool game but no loss. What about the likes of ND and the others who have invested heavily? Who would be the loser? MA, the non depositor? No, the depositor no matter how large or small their payment into the game. The more that deposit the longer the game will exist and the more chance of other investors appearing.

Evidently on the noob continent / non depositing continent they maximum you can loot is 50 PED, a global which can't be withdrawn only to be used to buy items or what not.

And it's ludicrous to suggest that those who would be be playing EU in China are paid 1000 USD per year.

and where do they sell their sweat? yes they get peds from depositers. so they sill will get "your money"

Noobs are to start on this "new" continent and as soon as they make their first substantial deposit (1000 USD) they gain teleports to Eudoria / Amethera where they can then gain access to CP and CND.

This is really ridiculous.

You know exactly how many people will shell out 1k$ to be accepted into the "Real Players"? If it was me, I would immediately quit the game the first time I heard of that.

You really want to split the playerbase into the haves and the have-nots? The social and ethic implications of this are just horrid.

For me, the 250$ I put into the game so far (over the course of a year) were VERY SUBSTANTIAL and the absolute maximum I'd pay for a friggin' MMO over the course of a year. And only, because I decide WHEN to deposit. Yes, I think the WoW payment system is a major ripoff.

If you really believe that this is a good idea, then you ethics are substantially flawed and you should perhaps start playing "Financial Darwinism online".

Sorry for the harsh words, but proposals like this light all the ethical warning lamps in me. Let us please at least try to make EU a better place than RL.

Regards,
DD

Its the idea and line of thinking that sickens me.
Seperations of players becouse of there financialy status is a very dangerous idea to me.
As I sayd in my previous post, I have seen this kind of crap in RL enough and dont wish to see it in a game I enjoy.

And about the ingame pvp, well I dont have a problem with pvp itself.
It can all be good fun and a lough.
Unfortunaly I sometimes see what atitude it brings up in some people.
So I keep away from pvp, unless I am sure its just pure fun.

and where do they sell their sweat? yes they get peds from depositers. so they sill will get "your money"

Yes but the money is all kept in-game and the chance of a non depositor scoring a HOF or ATH is removed.

Its the idea and line of thinking that sickens me.
Seperations of players becouse of there financialy status is a very dangerous idea to me.
As I sayd in my previous post, I have seen this kind of crap in RL enough and dont wish to see it in a game I enjoy.

And about the ingame pvp, well I dont have a problem with pvp itself.
It can all be good fun and a lough.
Unfortunaly I sometimes see what atitude it brings up in some people.
So I keep away from pvp, unless I am sure its just pure fun.

Many far more ESTABLISHED mmorgs are run like this. One continent for the newbies / non depositors , one for the depositors who can choose to interchange between continents.

That's the whole point the non depositor shouldn't have the same rights, they don't pay anything?

why are u playing this game? all ur saying is that u hate the whole consept of entropia and u wan it to be another game. invest ur money in game company or learn how to programe and creat your own dreamworld.

They wont change entropia. couse ur totaly agains what its all about. have u seen their comercials for entropia. what they underline the most is that its totally free and ur abel to make real money without depositing.

if u missed this ill give u this link so u can download and see for yourself: http://www.entropiauniverse.com/en/rich/5379.html

Well we've had lots of pros and cons of the non depositor versus the depositor. Mostly the discussion has been good with the odd insult thrown around :D

Now let's take it one step further and see what the community about a separate continent for Noobs and Non Depositors.

Noobs are to start on this "new" continent and as soon as they make their first substantial deposit (1000 USD) they gain teleports to Eudoria / Amethera where they can then gain access to CP and CND.

This could mean lag created by loads of Noobs and Non depositors are restricted to one Continent (A small farm of servers) and won't affect the rest of community that pay-to-play.

The benefits are also that if the mentors out there can go to a specific continent to find their apprentices in vast numbers.

The non depositors can have their fun sweating and trading their way up until they are successful enough to buy their pass to the other continents.

The depositors can be safe in the knowledge that they are surrounded with like minded individuals committed to paying to play and will no longer be spammed by those that beg (Yes, I know not all non depositors beg!) I also think scamming will be limited to one continent too :D

Well I'm sorry, but you did put load gun to your head ...

Over the last 3.5 years, I have had to put up with 13 years old beggers crying about lack gold paved streets, 20 somethings trying some of old scams going, KSers who bearly know which end of the gun to point at the mob, the 'sweat for 1pec' movement, one more annoying after another.......... & now this

Given a choice between all this shit or your 'world' there is no contest.
My advice to you (for what it worth) is to sell you LA on auction for huge profit, sell up, withdraw & leave. This not because I don't like you or not because I disagree with your views, but simple because you don't appear to understand why this game is still here after all this time.
You don't grasp basic economic model this kind of game , that needs to be a steady flow new players to replace those who leave. As an off the wall example : For every 100-150 noob that arrive, maybe 15(max) are still actively playing after 2 months. Out of that 15 , probably 10 have deposited something. All of those who are still around will contributing something (maybe not much!) to MA's revenue (unless thet are pure sweater/traders)

Take the Banks license for an example: I see this purely as marketing exercise by MA, to hit press again with big money figures. It will bring an influx of new ppl who are interested in see what all the fuss is about ; because MA know they need ppl coming through the door. Equally, those who might be using the bank services will be low to mid level players, as uber don't need it /can't use it because the uber items only low TT values. Personally , I not cinviced about the whole bank concept, but 'hey ho'

If you separate the noobs from the rest of the world regardless of what criteria you use choose to determine who goes where it will cause several major issues.
The noobs don't get to see the 'carrot' which can strive to achieve, therefore you reduce the changes of noobs taking the next to deposit something, as they only see a fraction of the game. All the traders /shops will be seperated from their customer base, trainee crafters will have no local market. It will also limited the mentoring experience, as both mentor & disciple will stuck with training on noob land, no CND, or beacon fun ! . The price of sweat would drop even more as all the sweaters would be in on place allowing resellers force the price down. This would in turn make so many more noobs quit , reducing the number who deposit & move up
Equally, why would MA waste money to develop a new continent that brings in no revenue ?

IMHO, you deposited & bought some stuff incuding a LA without enough knowledge of the game. This is based on various your previous posts : 'selling LA ', 'should I keep my LA?' , promoting for you LA & now this . Of course you may specifically wanted to cause this kind reaction or simple make your unpopular.

What I do find interesting is that in promoting your LA, you have run a 'Treasure Hunt' to attract players. This is great idea for attracting the same noob / non-depositors that you want move to another continent , why ?
IMHO , I guess you thought this would attract the mid level hunters & miners on to your land, & you have now realized your judgement was wrong ..therefore it the all noobs/ non-depositors fault...... especially after they have found the treasure & not bothered to post the screenshots .....Any truth in my wild guess ?

& yes before you ask , I do deposit but not the silly money that would allow me be part of your EU 'world'

my 2pec (unused equal to 1 sweat )

ps regarding the latest posts: MA still market EU as a 'free to play ' game which uses a real money economy. In the real world , anyone has equal rights (relatively) to both win & lose monay when gambling ! regardless of how much money you have ;)

Yes but the money is all kept in-game and the chance of a non depositor scoring a HOF or ATH is removed.

If you have ped ingame , you earned by some means or other & therefore you surely you have the right to gamble it on getting a HOF ;)

Many far more ESTABLISHED mmorgs are run like this. One continent for the newbies / non depositors , one for the depositors who can choose to interchange between continents.

do these have a RCE?

Back