Entropia Universe Version Update 8.12

Status
What if it never comes back up?? :eek:

Okey here comes a hard one!

How many triangles does the pictue have?
0eef3dbb90eef3eecd.jpg

Winner gets.... umm, +rep :D

Last edited:
:handgun::bull:

:sweat:

:tower:

:lam:

damn can't wait :laugh:

Can't evne download the VU after 1h30 thats really strange !

:rolleyes: *MA is measuring our addiction* :rolleyes:

with the risk of repeating myself...

Where should we put this file Dat8111_8120.ark after we download it? Entropia folder or some sub folder. Just finished downloading it(86mb), but nothing happens when I hit launch button or restart client loader.

How many tringulars does the pictue have?
0eef3dbb90eef3eecd.jpg

20 is the amount i counted...will count again to be sure

edit: its 19...sorry

lol umm... im most likely WAY off the mark here.. 27 triangles?

0eef3dbb90eef3eecd.jpg

Quick guess ... 23?

The whites of an egg contain protein, mostly albumin. Proteins, when heated or exposed to extremes in PH, will denature. Proteins starts to turn to gel after 108 degrees Farenhiet. Denaturing a protein unwinds its strands of amino acids of individual proteins and their subunits and the newly-unwound proteins are then free to forms bonds with exposed amino acids from other strands,

Essentially, heating an egg causes all proteins in it to denature and polymerize into a gel which cannot be reversed.

Correct +rep :D

0eef3dbb90eef3eecd.jpg

waiting...drinking...waiting...counting...counting...shit loads

0eef3dbb90eef3eecd.jpg

might count wrong: 40

Most substances melt when heated so why do eggs turn from liquid to solid (scrambled egg) as I cook it?

Raw eggs are already liquid at room temperature. If you froze them, then they would melt when you heated them. They solidify when you heat them up above room temperature, in the same way that anything containing protein does (I won't go into examples on this one), because the protein coagulates, due to minor changes in the chemical structure.

If you heated the cooked eggs even hotter, they would burn, but if you did it in a high pressure inert environment, like a pressure vessel filled with argon, the cooked eggs would again liquefy. Of course, when you cooled them down again, they would set, but you could I guess put the molten egg in some eggshell molds, and then when it set it would be egg-shaped again.

Why does a bicuit left out overnight go soft but a slice of bread left out overnight go hard?

biscuits and bread left out over night can turn both soft OR hard, depending on...dunno.

i do know however, that buscuits (~200 years ago, on sea) would turn hard as bricks...while these days they turn soft...:S

same goes for bread.

i suppose that it has something to do with the amount of liquid stored in them but i really dont have a clue

If biscuits were left for 200 years in the sea, surely they would turn soft? Not hard as bricks?

But yes - I believe this one is a water related point. Biscuits absorb water becaue they are very dry. When they do, they go soft. Bread has quite a lot of water in (hence you can freeze it). This comes out when you leave it, and it goes dry.

It's all about achieving equilibrium with the atmosphere - if the amount of water in the food is greater concentration than in the atmosphere, the food loses water to the atmosphere. An extreme example is a puddle which dries out on a dry sunny day. If the food has less water than the atmosphere, it will absorb water. An extreme example here is washing powder, which will absorb water and go lumpy.

Damn i miss physics :laugh:

Thinks it's past the time they said it would be done?

Just see the header,,,

DS:scratch2:

The whites of an egg contain protein, mostly albumin. Proteins, when heated or exposed to extremes in PH, will denature. Proteins starts to turn to gel after 108 degrees Farenhiet. Denaturing a protein unwinds its strands of amino acids of individual proteins and their subunits and the newly-unwound proteins are then free to forms bonds with exposed amino acids from other strands,

Essentially, heating an egg causes all proteins in it to denature and polymerize into a gel which cannot be reversed.

What am I?
God never saw one, the Queen rarely sees one but we see many everyday.

Where should we put this file Dat8111_8120.ark after we download it? Entropia folder or some sub folder. Just finished downloading it(86mb), but nothing happens when I hit launch button or restart client loader.

Let the client loader download it when servers comes online again.
It will install the update for you.
Just delete the manualy downloaded file.

33 Triangles

"Knock! knock!":tiphat:

200ppl hangin in this thread every minute for the last couple of hours..lol Talkin about the addiciton...:yay:

Hope It all goes smooth for MA and us this time... Those small patches then later freak me out...lol

Robo

What am I?
God never saw one, the Queen rarely sees one but we see many everyday.

howdy slapnuts. nice globals the other day..three in row :)

answer: square of toilet paper

How many triangles does the pictue have?
0eef3dbb90eef3eecd.jpg

47 - ;-)
Lucky I have a lot of different colour felt-tip pens.
Spent almost as much time on this as I have waiting for the VU...
Well nearly anyway

what am i missing? I can only count 17 triangles...

howdy slapnuts. nice globals the other day..three in row :)

answer: square of toilet paper

Thanx!
Am tempted to say correct because i like the answer so much but not the one i was looking for.

47 - ;-)
Lucky I have a lot of different colour felt-tip pens.
Spent almost as much time on this as I have waiting for the VU...
Well nearly anyway

Thats correct!
congratz, here is your +rep :D
did you write with those pens on the screen or what? lol

sry for the time EF is lagging like hell

lost count of the triangles, am cross eyed now :)

To the Entropia folder, when Client loader opens up for dowload it will check the files, and skip downloading it if you have it already. Unless they'll make some last-minute changes and update the archive :D But let's hope not the main one :silly2:

i have wating to long now. im going out and play with my dirtbike :)

Status
Back