New Mob Dmg Types

Thanks for that, does seem to support my theory - protecting 25 pen and 5 impact against the Soldier.

There may still be additional damage types so I need to do the ghost test. With the arrow attack impact/penetration sounds logical, but then I wonder if there might be shrapnel in there too.

the miner bot to me most dmg was 48.0 dmg with rascal on and plates 2a :ahh:

the miner bot to me most dmg was 48.0 dmg with rascal on and plates 2a :ahh:

Do you remember which generation the miner bot was? Gen 3? Gen 5?

Unplated Ghost v TskTsk Solider gave me 37.6 - 75.4 damage.

Looks like 1 more protection than goblin, which would be accounted for by the 1 penetration protection (added to the 5 impact)

I therefore conclude that 6% impact / 94% penetration is correct, and that Soldier has max 82 damage with no protection.

I think the only possibility that this might be wrong is if there is some shrapnel damage, but it looks extremely unlikely. I don't have anything with shrapnel damage other than Ghost so can't test against it.

If someone could get a naked hit nearer to 41.0 I think that would prove my theory 100% correct.

Good work guys, 94% Pene, 6% Impact looks good - I'll try to do a few tests to help confirm it at some point :)

I'd have to agree that the figures for both TskTsk and Sumima are looking about right there. Good work. I knew the BatRockDucks did elecie! :)

Please help me with the miner bots =) I have Neme + 6a, and that ain't much for help, about 40ish hits from most generations. =) Not much help tho =/ But wish to know what to wear in protection from these nasty bots/machines =)

I've put some initial figures up for the new mobs with the exception of the Miner Bot which I need to figure out somehow.

Miner Bots Gen 7 Hits me till 70 in Vigi + 5C and only 40 In ghost with 5B, My guess is that they do impact, and probably a combo of Cut and/or Stab perhaps with some Penetration or Burn :scratch2:

Will try 5D on them. That might rule out most damage types ;).

Please help me with the miner bots =) I have Neme + 6a, and that ain't much for help, about 40ish hits from most generations. =) Not much help tho =/ But wish to know what to wear in protection from these nasty bots/machines =)

40 hits is ok ;) You don't want to be hitting 1.0 1.0 1.0 all the time, especially on a noobie mob like that.

5d does decay, so they most likely do a mix of impact and cut or stab.

5d does decay, so they most likely do a mix of impact and cut or stab.

It might be 100% Impact as I wear Ghost + 6A and the 07 and 08 hits go up to about 70-80.

It might be 100% Impact as I wear Ghost + 6A and the 07 and 08 hits go up to about 70-80.

In that case 5d wouldnt have decayed ;) 5d doesnt have any impact protection.

Ghost with 5B worked well against the miners, but then left me vulnerable to the drones that are all around. The last test I did was Ghost+6A.
I could manage both drones and mid-level miners with some serious FAP-ing.

The new mob combinations will, I think, require some real teamwork strategies, and re-thinking of loot distributions, to be really effective.

A team comprised of some wearing Vigi + 6A, or the like to take on the drones, and some wearing good impact gear (like Ghost + 5B), to attack the miners, and a FAPer or two, with a loot distribution that does not rely on amount of damage per player, would be very effective, and beneficial to all team members.

Similar strategies with the other mob combos can be worked out.

As EU evolves, I think teamwork, strategy and tactics will come into play more that the individual point and shoot model that has served OK, until now.

To just run into a herd and flail, willy-nilly, everyone out for their own share of the loot, works well, with a bunch of low level mobs, and you can play fast and loose with even mid level, with the right armor, but with the mixes that are beginning to show up, that sort of tactic may need to be abandoned, to be successful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Cly
Thanks for posting the TskTsk info on PEWiki.

I tried to start some research on Malcruentors max unarmoured damage but it will be slow going due to their location and strength. So far my research consists of one 142.5 damage hit from a Young :rolleyes:

Sumima

Just tested valiant with 5D and can confirm the 5D didn't decay

The valiant decayed and as it only has 6 burn I can confirm that they do burn.

I'm fairly certain the numbers on wiki atm are incorrect though, gonna do some test with ghoul + 5b + 6b + 6a

Haven't tested the Miner Bots much. In Jag+5B they're very easy, the bots are actually harder work :D

I'd do some testing but its a little difficult at the moment as its been busy whenever I've been there so you can't hog a mob for long :laugh:

Sumima

Just tested valiant with 5D and can confirm the 5D didn't decay

The valiant decayed and as it only has 6 burn I can confirm that they do burn.

I'm fairly certain the numbers on wiki atm are incorrect though, gonna do some test with ghoul + 5b + 6b + 6a

Did quite a few tests against Sumima (posted on Page 2) to get to the results on wiki. The Ghoul results will be interesting, but I honestly can't find any other damage distributions that fit the tests I did other than what's on wiki!

Just done some tests in plated ghoul v young sumima

6b = 1 - 27.1

6a = 4.7-36

5b = 1-36

Obviously the full damage spread could be a little different than my short test, and armour decay could be a small factor.

How accurate is the 103 max dam shown in wiki? who done this?

I'm thinking the dam type may be 50% imp 25% burn 25% elec

Just done some tests in plated ghoul v young sumima

6b = 1 - 27.1

6a = 4.7-36

5b = 1-36

Obviously the full damage spread could be a little different than my short test, and armour decay could be a small factor.

I'm thinking the dam type may be 50% imp 25% burn 25% elec

Except for the 27 damage on 6b, it exactly matches the data on wiki. According to wiki that should be ~31

Seems logical too, as 6b protects 5 extra points compared to 5b and 6a

I entered that information, it's an initial figure only, it's intended for update, but seeing as I don't own a Mod. FAP to do these tests properly, it won't be coming from me unfortunately.

Except for the 27 damage on 6b, it exactly matches the data on wiki. According to wiki that should be ~31

Seems logical too, as 6b protects 5 extra points compared to 5b and 6a

Those are just the figures on my little test run, i'm sure i've take up to 31 with ghoul and 6b while hunting, i'll have to keep an eye on it next time i go out.

However, if the figures on wiki were correct then the unplated burn&elec of ghoul would handle the damage from a young, so 5b should be better than 6b on young but it isn't.

Those are just the figures on my little test run, i'm sure i've take up to 31 with ghoul and 6b while hunting, i'll have to keep an eye on it next time i go out.

However, if the figures on wiki were correct then the unplated burn&elec of ghoul would handle the damage from a young, so 5b should be better than 6b on young but it isn't.

Aah ok, well that has to do with the way plates work. Full damage is both inflicted to armor and plates. They absorb both as much they can, and the total absorbtion is substracted from the total damage.

Aah ok, well that has to do with the way plates work. Full damage is both inflicted to armor and plates. They absorb both as much they can, and the total absorbtion is substracted from the total damage.

So when I think my ghoul and 6b is overprotecting on elec it isn't? the 6b elec protection is still having an effect even though the ghoul's 17protect should take the full % of elec by itself and leave the plate to do nothing.

Oh well, I guess I should read more of the forum :)

So when I think my ghoul and 6b is overprotecting on elec it isn't? the 6b elec protection is still having an effect even though the ghoul's 17protect should take the full % of elec by itself and leave the plate to do nothing.

Oh well, I guess I should read more of the forum :)

Yes, if you have 10 Impact protection on armor and 10 Impact on plates and nothing else, and a mob is hitting you for 10 Impact and 90 Penetration you'd get 20 protection oddly enough...

I entered that information, it's an initial figure only, it's intended for update, but seeing as I don't own a Mod. FAP to do these tests properly, it won't be coming from me unfortunately.

Yes I got to 103 independently too, so seems likely we're right...

Last edited:
I refuse to believe only Jimmy, Witte and Oleg (ty for your contributions, btw) and a small handful of others are the only ones interested in this information enough to test and gather data.

I still can't believe we have no decent data on the Mulman and other PVP4 M-mobs.

Seems some decent data has been gathered for only 2 mobs. Plenty more to learn about folks.

I refuse to believe only Jimmy, Witte and Oleg (ty for your contributions, btw) and a small handful of others are the only ones interested in this information enough to test and gather data.

I still can't believe we have no decent data on the Mulman and other PVP4 M-mobs.

Seems some decent data has been gathered for only 2 mobs. Plenty more to learn about folks.

OK. Which mobs are we meant to be looking at? A list on the first post of this thread may help to focus efforts. ;)

Mobs without data (according to pe-wiki)
Miner Bot
Mulaak'f
Mulmun
Muluk-Hir
Osseocollum (not new, but still no data)
Phasm (not new)

Mobs with questionable data
Malcruentor
Scipulor

Have fun, happy testers.

Tsk Tsk damage type is wrong on wiki in my opinion. I use knight +5a's, except gloves, which are paladin. And usual dmg is about 40-56 from young, and then random mid 20's, which I attribute to paladin.

Also, that mob is strange, cause, even higher maturities, ravager, soldier, etc, never even broke 70 dmg on me, the most I was hit was 65.

Back