Entropia Goes 100% PVP

Status

-Ra

Old
Society
Jurai Blood
Ra HuggyBear KoNRa
If I had the control to make it that way I would. IMO it would make EU much more entertaining..

Think of it this way... Have you ever been out mining and someone comes running up infront of your position and starts droping bombs? Only to watch them HOF on a claim you where headed towards? (not to say you would have got the claim because maybe their gear and skill is better than yours) Or been killing a mob and had some meat puppet start killing it becuase he/she has a more powerful weapon and you did not have it out of green yet? or any other number of reasons people piss you off in EU.

Would it not be nice to be able to turn to tht person and open fire? I know there have been plenty of times I have wanted to kill people for many different reasons.

So my thought is this:

Make all of EU, including all domes, hallways, apartments etc., PVP.

If you kill a person there will be a bounty put on you for murder. A message will apear in global for the world to see. The bounty can be claimed by anyone by simply pk'ing you.
(bounty hunter will not have a bounty for the claiming pk.)
(the bounty collected will be a loot as like with any other mob killed, NOT player items)

If the murderer can escape "death by PK" for 24 hours, the bounty will end. Every pk after bounty is set adds to the amount time before bounty is over.
(a better length of time before bounty disapears may be in order... since murder is often done for a profit in rl, it might be fitting if the murderer recieves the loot "if any" for escaping the bounty hunters)

Bounties may also be collected by teams as with any other hunted mob.
(giving less skilled and equiped players a chance to global or maybe even get the Hunting ATH from killing one of those big mobs known as the Ubers ;)

All pre-existing pvp zones "1 thru 4 and the fighting rings" will stay bounty free zones with the ability to still loot from players in pvp zones 3 and 4.

Along with the global message telling who murdered who and has a bounty. It will also give the cords for where the murder took place.

now think of the potenial fun this would have to offer.. or vengance if that is your thing.. Maybe that reseller that has a second acc loged on to up the bid on an item you are trying to get at a reasonable price in the remaining minutes of auction, and you just happened to know where this avatar is atm. so you got that auction and kill the person place your new bid and then keep pking the scum for 5 minutes to claim your item for the price you rightfully should get it at. So what if you have 72 hours of logged time accumulated , you can run and hide for that.. maybe :)

I can see it now... Ra Ra KoNRa has killed soANDso at 17033, 8092 (twin peaks) and has bounty placed on his head for 24 hours.. as i run through the tp trying to escape only to appear and see mobs of people opening fire at the next location as I shoot back grabing another pk adding to my time before escaping yet again thru the tp to only finally meet my fate and see that OJ wearing (L) weapon carrying noob hit me with a crit and get a nice 52 ped global.

So have I sold you on the idea? Should we go to MA with it now?

GL Entropians
~Ra

There was another topic on this just this week and this is a horrible Idea. How would you like to get ganked while you were out hunting or something? It would make it impossible for anyone except the ubers to actually accomplish anything.

would be cool but then you'd always get people folowing you about with their manmph decaying your armour for ya :yay: :scratch2:

could be expencive

Great idea man! Now where did i put the Restraint Jacket :confused:

I just had to subscribe to this haha...

Good luck with the defence of your idea Ra ;)

I vote for a complete Continent that is PvP enabled and has a bounty system! Would make normal hunting and mining ALOT more challenging!

Alfred Bunting

I know there have been plenty of times I have wanted to kill people for many different reasons.

hehe..lol

i am not really sure if this is a good idea.especially for lower players it would be hard.
another problem is, that u can for example wait until someone shot one half of the mobs hp away, kill him and then kill the mob for only half the cost and loot it.

infact what you propse is close to MA´s original idea try find old q&a and articles

I think vast majority of EU-players aren't interested in PvP, so if all EU become
PvP, a lot of people will stay away from EU.
Because there are always some % of players who really don't get it when and
when not to pk.
But if there were all-pvp, you could punish someone with a fine of 100ped, and
if player dont have ped on card, they get 1 day "bann" per ped. This way
people really think twice before they do a pk in a "ordinary" area. There should
be battle-areas too, as the pvp-zones are today, there will none be punished
for a pk.
Some will now react and say "-Way to hard punish!", but I guess those just
want all-pvp for their own fun, and have zero clue over others feelings.

If someone was killing your mob and they had better guns, why try and kill them its only more embarrassment :ahh:

I'm sorry, but, this is a really stupid idea. And I rarely come out and say it so bluntly.

Here's what's wrong:
- The difference in combat abilities between low, middle, and upper class players is absurd.

-"Bounty" Systems DO NOT WORK. Don't argue, I've played enough games that supposedly had them. They don't f-ing work, because there are plenty of places to hide.

-Again, as stated before, no one wants to put up with friggin retard "noobs" who just go around messing with your hunting or mining trip. Or can you imagine PKers staking out crafting machines? The economy would shut down, almost overnight.

I have played many, many open PvP games, and it is usually the biggest complaint from the majority of the players. The people who strongly support free range PvP are usually egotistical, aggressive, mean spirited, a-holes; who like nothing better then to go around shooting newbies minding their own business.

The truth that seems to escape people in the discussion in the whole Open/Regulated PvP discussion is that there is NOTHING wrong with an optional pvp setup. You like being shot at, fine, YOU turn YOUR pvp flag on, and everyone else who has their flag on can fight you, or die by your hand. The rest of the population can go quietly about their business.

Why do Open PvP supporters argue against that system? They may give a number of lame reasons, but the real reason is that most of them are Pkers, they don't want limited target selection, they want to be able to shoot whoever they want. They want more prey.

So again, Open PvP is a stupid idea, bury it already.

Well this is a start, I don't care about the negative responses, they are helpful in perfecting my idea.

If there is one thing I have learned in life, it is that every question has an answer, and every problem has a solution. Try answering your own question and problem solve your own problem. being critical is good, but try and add a positive idea to go with it.

I agree that most people are not fans of pking, but I disagree that only the ubers would benifit from this. you must remember even the ubers can be taken down, maybe by other ubers maybe by a large group of med skill players.

maybe the loot idea won't work, maybe a fine or something different is better, but as a large community of mostly intelligent people, I'm sure a great idea good be made.

In real life I coiuld walk up to and stuff my .45 in your mouth, pull the trigger and watch you drop to the floor, so why should it not be in EU?

My response to a very similiar thread:

"Why should I be forced against my will to engage in content that already has designated areas for? Why should I have to wait for someone to come kill me? Why should I have to go do something else during that time? Why should I have to alter my play experiance to suit the whims of other players? Yes, you may argue that it will affect everyone and not just me, but the point is no one should have to be subjected to such things. In real life there are laws preventing this. I can't go up to someone and tag him with an egg or something just for the hell of it. If he was threatened with that he could go to the local law enforcement and have the other person arrested. I know this isn't real life, but it is disrupting to someone who had no prior knowledge, even 24 hours isn't enough warning.

In a few weeks school is going to start up again, and I'm going to be swamped with 3 education classes, a literiture class, organic chemisty, chemistry lab, and calculas homework. I won't get hardly any time to play, so the few minutes I will be able to, I don't want marred by other players.

Thank God this is all hypothetical, or I would have quit two posts ago."

If there is one thing I have learned in life, it is that every question has an answer, and every problem has a solution. Try answering your own question and problem solve your own problem.
Why are you attacking us for this? We* DON'T want this. There are no solutions for US to find, because WE DON'T want this. The only solution I can think of has already been posted, optional pvp flags, but if they do that, then it wouldn't be what you wanted.

I agree that most people are not fans of pking, but I disagree that only the ubers would benifit from this. you must remember even the ubers can be taken down, maybe by other ubers maybe by a large group of med skill players.

I was using ubers as an example, even someone with an opalo is uber to someone still sweating to buy thier weapons.

In real life I coiuld walk up to and stuff my .45 in your mouth, pull the trigger and watch you drop to the floor, so why should it not be in EU?

In real life you will go to jail for the rest of your life or be executed, also you would have to pay the victim's family resitution for their loss. Would you wan't to be banned from playing or give peds to your victim? MA wouldn't ban you from playing though, because you help pay the bills, because of this your analogy starts to fall apart; However, I wouldn't object to this if you had to give me 50 ped when you killed me and if you don't have the 50 ped? Whatever items in your inventory would automatically be liquidated for TT value until you were able to pay your debt. Of course that falls apart when you run out of items, but It would make me happy.

*By "we" and "us" I'm referring to the people who disapprove of this idea, just incase that isn't clear.

Last edited:
Sux imo.

So:

EU=PvP
Phaser=chip out

Enough said.

If I want a game 100% PvP I have alot to chose from.

Leave EU like it is.

Believe me, as long as Jenna Star Mercury plays this game, you dont want it to be 100% PvP!

:silly2:

In RL we also have a thing called "concealed carry". I expect you would find the actual experience a bit different from pvp.

Just a thought.

Blackjack :cowboy:

Hum ...
Maybe some should tell you that not all players have fun in killing others.
There are poeple here that just want to have fun with friends, have a soc hunt, go to a mining run without having to worry about any green dot appearing on the radar.

There are enough PvP areas in this game to fit your needs, but maybe you are not strong enough to handle the guys camping there ...

If you want an MMO where PVP is everywhere and you can be killed everywhere (oh and all your carried items looted) there is already one out there. You should give it a try.

Me, I prefer being safe unless I choose to put myself in harms way. Entropia is fine as it is IMO.

What about the poor newbs, who just want to shoot their snables around PA? Or all the low-gear people trying to shoot argos near Twin?
I'm sure some mid-level players will find it very amusing to PK them all the time.

And how about yourself Ra. Will you enjoy it, when you're hunting and you're shooting some big mob to almost 50% health, then someone shoot you in the back, finish the mob and take the loot... Not just one time, but everytime someone bigger than you is around when you hunt?
Or if you're mining, you find a claim, and someone decides to PK everytime you come back to extract your resources until the claim is lost.. Just for the 'fun' of it?

Sure, it'd be fun for some people, but most for the ubers.
And a lot of people would hate it and leave EU I'm sure.

How about PED rewards for non Pk'in players?

:grouphug:

crap idea that would loose EU 100's of new noob players every day lol

if you love pvp so much go live in pvp4

If I had the control to make it that way I would. IMO it would make EU much more entertaining..

Think of it this way... Have you ever been out mining and someone comes running up infront of your position and starts droping bombs? Only to watch them HOF on a claim you where headed towards? (not to say you would have got the claim because maybe their gear and skill is better than yours) Or been killing a mob and had some meat puppet start killing it becuase he/she has a more powerful weapon and you did not have it out of green yet? or any other number of reasons people piss you off in EU.

Would it not be nice to be able to turn to tht person and open fire? I know there have been plenty of times I have wanted to kill people for many different reasons.

So my thought is this:

Make all of EU, including all domes, hallways, apartments etc., PVP.

If you kill a person there will be a bounty put on you for murder. A message will apear in global for the world to see. The bounty can be claimed by anyone by simply pk'ing you.
(bounty hunter will not have a bounty for the claiming pk.)
(the bounty collected will be a loot as like with any other mob killed, NOT player items)

If the murderer can escape "death by PK" for 24 hours, the bounty will end. Every pk after bounty is set adds to the amount time before bounty is over.
(a better length of time before bounty disapears may be in order... since murder is often done for a profit in rl, it might be fitting if the murderer recieves the loot "if any" for escaping the bounty hunters)

Bounties may also be collected by teams as with any other hunted mob.
(giving less skilled and equiped players a chance to global or maybe even get the Hunting ATH from killing one of those big mobs known as the Ubers ;)

All pre-existing pvp zones "1 thru 4 and the fighting rings" will stay bounty free zones with the ability to still loot from players in pvp zones 3 and 4.

Along with the global message telling who murdered who and has a bounty. It will also give the cords for where the murder took place.

now think of the potenial fun this would have to offer.. or vengance if that is your thing.. Maybe that reseller that has a second acc loged on to up the bid on an item you are trying to get at a reasonable price in the remaining minutes of auction, and you just happened to know where this avatar is atm. so you got that auction and kill the person place your new bid and then keep pking the scum for 5 minutes to claim your item for the price you rightfully should get it at. So what if you have 72 hours of logged time accumulated , you can run and hide for that.. maybe :)

I can see it now... Ra Ra KoNRa has killed soANDso at 17033, 8092 (twin peaks) and has bounty placed on his head for 24 hours.. as i run through the tp trying to escape only to appear and see mobs of people opening fire at the next location as I shoot back grabing another pk adding to my time before escaping yet again thru the tp to only finally meet my fate and see that OJ wearing (L) weapon carrying noob hit me with a crit and get a nice 52 ped global.

So have I sold you on the idea? Should we go to MA with it now?

GL Entropians
~Ra

Would you post the same with 500 Rifle and 100 dodge/evades?

Long sentence for short: BS.

I think vast majority of EU-players aren't interested in PvP, so if all EU become
PvP, a lot of people will stay away from EU.
Because there are always some % of players who really don't get it when and
when not to pk.
But if there were all-pvp, you could punish someone with a fine of 100ped, and
if player dont have ped on card, they get 1 day "bann" per ped. This way
people really think twice before they do a pk in a "ordinary" area. There should
be battle-areas too, as the pvp-zones are today, there will none be punished
for a pk.
Some will now react and say "-Way to hard punish!", but I guess those just
want all-pvp for their own fun, and have zero clue over others feelings.

Totally with you mate :)
I (as a miner) am not interested in the idea that you can get popped around every corner. Mining with or without amps is expensive enough and we are just have our own fun time within EU. Thus im not looking for people that can shoot me while i do my runs.

Personally,
I can't stand killstealers and claim-jumpers :mad: . Wouldn't mind being able to pop them :handgun: , but since I'm NO-WHERE-NEAR-UBER now I'd have to walk away anyway :scared: .

Having had EU crash because Feffs were camped out at the revival terminals and I was getting whomped back into as soon as I popped out I can see some REALLY BIG ISSUES with an ENTIRLY PVP EU. An earlier comment about "PKers camping at at crafting machines" sounds realistic...Every time You get swirlies You get popped & your global goes to whoever survives the free-for-all...

How about a "Challenge Chip" in Mindforce...TP Yourself & the selected target to the nearest cage & lock it until one is down. No Loot lost, No skills gained, just a forced PVP slugfest :boxer: ...That'll show'em, or You...depends on who is more Uber...:lift:

Damn,

- RA, u seems to be a not so awesome player lol :))

Translation >>>>> Because u are totaly not awesome, u will be the first victim of your idea.

Totaly agree whith Bruud.

Yep

Amethera was all pvp when it was introduced...then slowly towns became non pvp (hell it was fun to try to make a run for the tp not gettin sniped by the people in appartement towers)...then came the day where LA owners could turn off PVP and so most did.

So PE 100%...i'd say it's going pretty much the opposite way

hell we were even suppose to have a LG every 6 month (THE main pvp event)...but well...when was the last one again lol

If there is one thing I have learned in life, it is that every question has an answer, and every problem has a solution. Try answering your own question and problem solve your own problem. being critical is good, but try and add a positive idea to go with it.

That is corect, and the answer to your question is simple.
Go live in pvp 3 or 4, there you have your unlimited pk and reward system.
If some one is better equiped to kill your mob, he probably is also better equiped to kill you.

Besides I am no where interested to get killed by some camper while I craft.

I hope you where joking...where you?
I am not even going near to answer on this one.

If you like pk, go hunt in a pvp area, leave the rest to the non pk's.

Open PVP won't work in EU.

Open PVP is a big buzzword these days, nearly upcoming big MMO release gets hyped with "yeah we'll gonna have real PVP, no more carebears!!!"

Once the hype dies, you'll gonna end up with a broken version of EvE with real money. And barely anyone will play it, except some peeps who play CS for a living lol.

Selling:

Vigilante male: tt+10,000 ped

Vigilante female: tt+ 9,000 ped

Eon male: 2.2 milion ped

Eon female: 2.0 million ped

Mod fap: 5.6 million ped

DOA Foeripper: 1.5 million ped

and a few other "necessary items"

:rolleyes:

HOLY SHIT!!!!
You people need to get e life. A simple thought and most of you show how stuck up and childish you are. If you did not agree with the idea STFU and go play with your mouse. There was no need for the flaming that has taken place here. You act like my post could actually change the game. Now I truly get the joke about those who play mmorpg's and I'm now kinda embarrassed that I actually pass the time at night playing one.

TO those of you in EU that are actually decent human beings and don't flame people for a harmless idea. you people are great and an honor to share the time online with..

To those of you who are the want to be elite know it all... please Kill yourselves, but just before you do, You can suck my ass!!!! That’s right you lifeless Geeks, Suck It!!!!

And to the mods, I am sorry I had to post this, happy deleting or locking or what ever it is you want to do..

HOLY SHIT!!!!
You people need to get e life. A simple thought and most of you show how stuck up and childish you are. If you did not agree with the idea STFU and go play with your mouse. There was no need for the flaming that has taken place here. You act like my post could actually change the game. Now I truly get the joke about those who play mmorpg's and I'm now kinda embarrassed that I actually pass the time at night playing one.

TO those of you in EU that are actually decent human beings and don't flame people for a harmless idea. you people are great and an honor to share the time online with..

To those of you who are the want to be elite know it all... please Kill yourselves, but just before you do, You can suck my ass!!!! That’s right you lifeless Geeks, Suck It!!!!

And to the mods, I am sorry I had to post this, happy deleting or locking or what ever it is you want to do..

I have been been playing EU for years now. I agree with Ra and thats why I don't waste my time and post here. I log in to read the current events and news. Most of the people here in EF SUCK ASS and need to grow up!

Status
Back