Fix space logout exploit

Before they fix logout they first need to fix the space weaponry, else ships cannot adequately defend
For many years the privateer guns have had a lower range than a quad or MS and are therefore severely limited in how they defend themselves.
SI and captaincy is not the whole story

Further I have proposed many times that it is plain silly for all ships to have same gun range yet different flight characteristics
small fast fighters (quad, equus, firebird ) should the shortest range guns but perhaps a higher fire rate, and are ofc faster to fly and have much better turning circle
Medium size ships (Privateers) should have guns that work properly, be medium range, medium fire-rate and be slightly faster than an MS. They already have a smaller turning circle
Motherships should have greater range and firepower weapons (tho perhaps slower fire-rate) maybe with 1 or two fast shorter range weapons (think machine gun turret)
This would balance the flight characteristics, weapon damage etc across the 3 types of space vessel
I have not included sleipnirs as frankly consider them irrelevant to space battles

The logic behind thi is plain to see in RL, in both aircraft and naval vessels

When MA make sense (unlikely I know) of the logistics of space fighting, then service providers and pirates will have a much better reason to prepare properly.

However all that said I still have concerns over log off being removed.. not because I believe it is needed to avoid normal looting, but simply because MA has never given any clarity or assurances over how long you would remain lootable if for instance you DC'd, lost internet, or had RL emergencey
If it accepts that person as truly logged off after next docking at SS or landing on planet, then fine. But if they will leave people lootable for days/weeks just because they lost connection mid flight, that can never be fair

I have not included sleipnirs as frankly consider them irrelevant to space battles

Maybe they should have higher armor values since they are slow and pretty much never make it to range...you know to protect their cargo.
Actually that could make for an interesting battle ... a wall of sleips as cannon fodder.

Space really could be a lot of fun if MA worked on it.

I have no words.

Its time to remove lootable space and instead develop space so battleships are used as... battleships,
instead of larger buses.
Maybe contact RSI and see if they can make some sort of agreement and get help with interesting space
features.
For now, yes log out could be removed, even though that could create problems with fllights like
those around Boss Hunts.

Back