Info: 1 Year playing bring the cost of 10 000$

1 Year of playing bring me the profit around +62 k peds started in april 2020 to play again and now is april 2021 some peds i make it from trade not big amount but can say 90 % come from Hunting small / medium and big mobs. I did a lot of codex / Meta also and Daily mission for daily tokens. And all that profit is gone spend to upgrade my armor didn't regret at all spending all that cash on upgrade so basicly i get my dream armour for free. Its still possible to make some profit here not just to go in MINUS. After i bought armour im still making peds so far im in profit +4k peds. STAY POSITIVE! 4ever

You're not even on the top 100 turnover list on EL last 360 days. Sounds weird, unless you got a 50k global, a string of full esis etc.

You missed this thread: My UBER HOF Finally !! :wise:

1 Year of playing bring me the profit around +62 k peds started in april 2020 to play again and now is april 2021 some peds i make it from trade not big amount but can say 90 % come from Hunting small / medium and big mobs. I did a lot of codex / Meta also and Daily mission for daily tokens. And all that profit is gone spend to upgrade my armor didn't regret at all spending all that cash on upgrade so basicly i get my dream armour for free. Its still possible to make some profit here not just to go in MINUS. After i bought armour im still making peds so far im in profit +4k peds. STAY POSITIVE! 4ever
That’s not profit, that’s just revenue you haven’t lost yet. ?

well i know you show up to some land grabs and land grab is 100% loss, maybe doesnt explain 13k, but maybe some of it?

You're not even on the top 100 turnover list on EL last 360 days. Sounds weird, unless you got a 50k global, a string of full esis etc.
EL show only Global/Hofs not the entire loot and EL dont working on all planets FYI . Will send you one screen shoot so you can figure out something. Wish you GL in game .

I hate the fact that the loot is indeed personal- loose alot and get a hof- get a hof then loose alot, rince and repeat. MA has completely removed the luck factor of the game and keep dragging your return down to the pre determined baseline. I also dont like the fact that the max multiplier seems to be 1000X theese days, that means that i can predict the max hof of a certain mob like atrox young it`s 3.5ped to kill and cant give me more then 3500ped, and it takes the exitment out of it. I invested way to much time and money to quit now. I wish they put the bonus shrapnel in a global pool that could pay out like 10000X on any mob.

it takes the exitment out of it.
It's very exciting to play for MU and not have to wait for a HOF to be in + and when it comes it's just like a bonus. No matter how much you tell people they will not profit from HOFs, they still think it's the meta, many globals, lots of HOFs. Nope. Best example, the OP author has an ATH, 217k in mining and he's complaining he lost 100k in a year.

Deposits dont affect the loot, at all.
Cycle, cycle and cycle, and having low decay and playing for MU is the key.
Never chase a hof, or you will loose.
I think that if you depo 10k you need to cycle it 5-10 times and then you start profiting on the deposited 10k. :)
Just my 5pec of advise.

It's very exciting to play for MU and not have to wait for a HOF to be in + and when it comes it's just like a bonus. No matter how much you tell people they will not profit from HOFs, they still think it's the meta, many globals, lots of HOFs. Nope. Best example, the OP author has an ATH, 217k in mining and he's complaining he lost 100k in a year.

Exactly, EU is in its core designed to trick people into doing what they think is the correct way to play by encouraging apperance and status. The truth is that the TT return over time is a result of simple match and statistics, not some personal tracker. Even thought some rough tools seem to be active to help ppl somewhat out of shitty times. We tend to see patterns that arent there most of the times so dunno.

Hunting slow, for MU, according to your bankroll, using the best gear YOU can afford. Is a way to play EU for free, big hits in TT is just a bonus, not something you should NEED to not ragequit.

When we loose, we do so because we loose control for a while, some more than others, and we forget what its all about and start to gamble.

Another aspect ppl seem to misunderstand is the concept of loot events, let me give this example.

A guy hunts at lvl 30, cycles 600 ped per day, plays the game for fun, gets an pretty even return because he plays slow.

Same guy grows to lvl 60, now you think the cycle should just doubled but its not, its way more since now the same guy hunts not only faster, he also picks mobs that are bigger and harder, so maybe he cycles 3k ped per day, because he read somewhere that more loot-events means more even return, so hes in a hurry, but he doesent know why really. This is where a bad streak could dig a hole the size of eSoul over time.

Because the thing about even returns on enough loot-events is that its also a time factor to it, some bad swings in loot are time-based, and the faster you play the bigger hole you dig during that short period of bad loot, and then you panic and change mob, and that mob just goes into bad loot mode for a week, and a few changes with bad timing could indeed fuck ppl up pretty good.

Thats why i get kinda sad when i see ppl eager to get on the big mobs with the big guns at lvl 40, just because they had a few good hits and think its the standard.

I cycle around 1k per day on weekly average, im right above commando in skill level, using ul gear @62 eff%, and im doing more or less break-even with MU, meaning i get my entertainment for free.

Some play entropia knowing its gambling, and thats fine because they know it.

Some play entropia knowing the whole game is pvp, thats also fine because the information is everywhere.

Most play entropia without a clue really, however they have a strong sense of how they think it works, playing and loosing accordingly.

Markup is cool and all, but The most profitable way to play is to kill people in lootable pvp. They almost always cough up more than the cost to kill in the long run.

We got that struggle since looterprofessions

This game is not for free
A free to play game is a game where you dont have to pay money to get any advantage

Its still free to play when you pay money to buy cosmetics

Entropia is pay to play
Because : you need ped to play

And this is fact

Yeah there are people who trade or sweat to play but this does not change the fact that entropia is pay to play because they will have to pay something with ped to play ...

I feel very sorry for everyone who loses money in entropia

Mindark shall prevent people of losging more than 1200 usd a year by hunting crafting or mining

It's a marketing strategy. If people have to pay $60 to try a game without knowing if they will like it, you might never even get them through the door.

But if you call it "free to play" and don't require any money to get people in, chances are infinitely higher they will try it. And it's still technically free, but the strategy is to get people hooked and then put a bunch of shiny things in front of them.

From a marketing standpoint, it's super smart. That's why so many games do it these days.

We got that struggle since looterprofessions

A free to play game is a game where you dont have to pay money to get any advantage

Its still free to play when you pay money to buy cosmetics

Entropia is pay to play
Because : you need ped to play

And this is fact

Yeah there are people who trade or sweat to play but this does not change the fact that entropia is pay to play because they will have to pay something with ped to play ...

I feel very sorry for everyone who loses money in entropia

Mindark shall prevent people of losging more than 1200 usd a year by hunting crafting or mining
In thay case should also prevent earning more than 1200 usd a year. Lol.

I think that if you depo 10k you need to cycle it 5-10 times and then you start profiting on the deposited 10k. :)

This doesn't really make sense. At 5 times recycling, say a rate of 95%, you're looking at 77% tt. You'll have a correction of about 5% from shrap, ends up about 81%. Just to break even you'd need 123% average MU on next turnover, if it only starts to impact after said interval. Surely you need to cycle, but if there's no MU during the cycle itself, it won't magically appear afterwards, no?

This is my problem with current meta. From +-lvl30 up to, in the most optimistic case, around lvl80 there's a dry interval where MU is missing almost completely. It's an interval in which you're supposed to pay, somehow to reap rewards afterwards, but the cost is disproportionate. And even then, in mobs appropiate for this levels (low primordials, thorifoid berserkers, maffoids, legionnaires, troopers, mind reavers etc) there will be hunters lvl100+, because if those are ok for some lvl40-50, them will be even more ok for a lvl100. Imo the opportunities should be spread a bit more democratic so to say between the tiers and each tier should be enticed a bit more to stay on own lvl of challenge.

Best example which comes to mind is the synergy dmg enhancers-pills-tiered up weapons. It starts to make sense and to produce something appreciable at about 700 peds turnover per hour (ofc with a decent weapon, not piron or swine). It's just not the case that you can reap the same benefit with a 30-40dps, on the contrary, you'll run negative.

Last edited:
And to be honest, I think spending 10$ per hour is totally ridiculous for what you get.
No story line, no nothing.

well i think its because entropia is a sandbox mmo were players make their own story

in games like this story/themepark quests are only a side option and most of the time a very small amount of content/very small part of the game

if u want story heavy mmos u gonna find it in themepark mmos like WoW or SWTor or LotRo

but these are complete diffrent games ;)

The game is no funn when you hunt 2 hours, make 350 ped loss and geting nothing Else then shrp animal oil and fine hide

I consider this a small loss, dont tell mr rule of Lange numbers now becaus rule of Lange numbers can hit after 2 ped but also after 2 Billion and this is bullsh...

For people talking about efficiency in this thread, let me tell you something, owner of 2.0 weapon is happy only two times in life:

1) When he buys 2.0 weapon
2) When he sells 2.0 weapon

:)
This is the same for the boat and RV owners I know.

I am way too scared to ask how much my total deposits have been over the years.
:beerchug:

This is the same for the boat and RV owners I know.

I am way too scared to ask how much my total deposits have been over the years.
:beerchug:
yup it's a shocker lol

Do you guys think there is really a fair distribution of the loot?
Depends on your definition of fair. This is a RCE so 100% "fair" would mean no one is ever down and no one is ever up. What I can say is there are people on the top that earn more than most and people on the bottom that lose more than most. This is true not just in EU but life, so what's "fair"?

Are the returns what they try to sell to us?
I believe so. No where do they ever guarantee returns. It's only ever expressed as an average based on cycle volume (or loot events). For an average of say 94% return you need half the cycle volume returning 99% and half returning 89%. Thing is, even if you're getting 98% return all the time that's still a 2% loss that will eventually eat all your money. Most don't really realize it's happening till it's all gone since most don't really track everything.

Been using a loot tracking software and can really see how these return numbers come into play - it's eye opening.

Do you think we should be paying 10 000$ to play a game that is full of bugs and the devs do not listen the players?
Depends, you pick what you want to pay to play and how much value you give the hours of gameplay you get for that. There are probably some people playing many hours off a $100 deposit just hunting punies and sweating. Not my cup of tea but some love it.

I will agree that Entropia is grossly underdeveloped for what it is. I'm no stranger to pointing out many areas that can be marked with "needs improvement". But it's all about whether we choose to see past that and continue to play. Why play at all? Well that's for each person to decide for themselves.

It's not like EU is the only or best game in the world. And it's not like the basic mechanics (excluding the RCE) aren't already in 100,000+ other games. And it's not like anyone is forcing us to play. Personally, I think it's part liking the basic mechanics, part addiction, part routine, part liking the chase and part feeling like we can beat the system.

Maybe only hunt stuff to keep auction stocked? Mine, hunt your own oils and stuff, keep auction full. Might save on peds and skill up all professions.

Until MA changes its stance on viewing player withdrawals as a bad thing this game cannot grow any further:

MA tought that the fact that some players actually being sucessfull playing the game while doing more hours than in any job a week was no good for the game - Well I think its really the oposite of that. Those were the guys that made start to play. Believe it or not, knowing about ND tales of buying the moon and deathfieier TI came after I joined by the hand of mutual RL friends of Cremilde Travolta Simplicio (check the avatar out in EL so you get an idea). A guy who told me about an oportunity in a game that if one is smart and is willing to put the effort and time one could do well. As it was by then...

Thing is entropia is in no mans land right now. Its not gambling as there is no way of winning in loot 2.0 and its not a monopoly RCE because the economy is fixed and rigged to be below breakeven.

- The strict play mechanics it needs as it is a RCE MMO keeps it from being a "pay to play" - Yes, free targeting, sliding, jumping and climbing would be all fun and games, but not so much with all the bots with 100% accuracy. Additionally no lore, history or commitment for long run goal (other than personal) exists other than eternal grind for an utopic ATH

- Its not a wager play to win/lose game anymore since loot 2.0 -
a. The trap was laid and the players bought it with a smile. We wanted to more bang for our buck. So we got what we wanted. Now we loot 50% to 80% shrapnel for every 100ped cycled. Difference is we need to cycle an entire item decay now (L or not) to get to the same outcome of loot output we did before
- If L items were in the gutter before loot 2.0, this difference renders useless any L gear in hunting at the moment, thus agravating the skill gap difference from old to new players. For L items to be actually of any interest their durability would have to be compared to the L armors with 10x durability of a unL gun so the markup paid could fight back with unL items and the amount of shrapnel received.

b. MA definetly set the tone on what they feel about players who work and earn in entropia for a living with EP bps and loot 2.0 - The gaming platform we had before loot 2.0 and EPs allowed for a new player with the right guidance and money to put ahead, a chance to work/grind in entropia for a positive expectation in the long run with a decent confidence interval.

What these two events did was push the game away from these conditions into a complete stall.

-The only ones who can beat the game are the unL weapons owners who pay no markup for the 80% shrapnel cycles
-Mining will have MU until mayhem is over and calypso is fully mapped again

Then what? Shuffle and deal´em again? might as well present the game for what it is. Not a free to play. More of a monopoly space themed slot machine with a slighly lower variance model than loot 1.0 that pays in NFTs kinda like thingys we call sell for fun most of the time, hardly value.

I can relate to how some feel. All day is a lost battle and hardly any loot or MU to show for when compared to the decay on the items used. That makes it even sadder. Going out to farm something and come with only a small fraction of your investment while most loot is trash. Then you start picturing at the rate of loss how many runs more you will need to finish farming what you need and realize you dont have your entire life ahead of you anymore to inpt that many hours or money just to grind shrapnel...

Ahh this felt good. Rant mode off.

People should get together and organize some form of representation of the players to MA.
Many other games with far bigger playerbases have some form of player representative and its not unheard of the playerbase pushing for changes and the developers goin in the way the players want. Hey they even did it here once in Entropia Universe, before it was Explosive Projectiles Universe...

Peace out
With all the CEO changes, chances are the players know this game and its possibilitys better than the current CEO.

Apart the deceiving advertising that can be correctred, EU is a "loosing proposition" and after 10 hours gaming it is clear the structure

EU is a trading simulator dressed as a "all noob cando it" game
no skill is required to press F
no skill from player interfere with the random generator so being a capable FPS gamer or a simcity architect is useless.
setup help some with the variance but randomizer is the top factor.
Economy is rigged, the "limited supply wall" or the "System allow to discover just some of a resource per hour" is puinishing supply
playerbase is too small to have smooth system and we see the imbalance as ppl is in myhem all resource are scarce
so mayhem return are perceived even worse: 99% shrapnels, 330% cost (these days) for enhancers, 130% for garbage (L) weapons
and more.
yes 2.0 is a all loose some so even if correctly i eat 2 chicken and you starve we both had 1 chicken for statistics, sad but true
someone need to loose or no one can dream of an ath
the money is not created in game, so it is NOT AN INFLATIONARY GAME
mosnter return LESS than INPUT so game does not create inflation.
inflation is created by looseing players that ask for more ped to recoup the loss so prices rise for that reason

Game is actually DEFLATIONARY because PED are taken off game by TT losses in hunting so PED should be worth more
(Crypto and austrian school players know what i mean)
simply... once lootnanny is installed we see the truth
game has a "recovery system" that realign you to the mean
to reach the AVERAGE or smoothing as old soldiers say.... Keep Shooting and a realignment will come (large numbers law)
the problem is that the recovery in my short 1 year experience can come after 700 to 900 dry loots.
this bring us to the second sentence "hunt according with yhour ped card" that is.... need to have 5000 loot instances card to hunt
with a 1000 ped card need to kill baby maffoid
with a 5000 argo
mayhem cat 3 requires 20.000 ped... who goes in with 2.000 ped willrisk to experience a wipeout due to variance
it is not luck, it is not being cursed.. it is math.
and best advice is in the post before
IN THE BEST CASE SCENARIO you (me) will loose 2% TT average (make it 4%
so on a 100.000 Ped cycle per month expect to loose 4000 ped TT .... need 4050 Markup over the markup pay to self sustain
or top up the ped card.....
sorry for the wall of text, the post above inspired me some thinking.. now back to mash F and feed the loot pool...

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your gaming costs. Well you can never change the past only the future, so what are you going to do about it?

Always makes me laugh reading the usual; you "need" to hunt for MU, you "need" certain bank roll, you "need" to hunt 10k peds a day. You "need" 500k peds of gear.

If you don't follow the "need" rules, you are a loser not a winner.... yeah right hahaha.

You don't need to do f*** all actually. The game provides many ways to lose, you decide if you want to chase it or not.

I have a little dabble now and then in EU these days, just not enough time committed to feel the "need" to login. I like being in control. I'll have to try find some time over the Xmas period to do a few hours FFA mayhem for laughs. No "needs" to fulfill. Maybe it will be fun, maybe it will boring. Does it really matter? Hardly. Haha

Just stop, think your life over. Don't look back only forward.

Rick.

Did you hunt on taxed LA? If so, would advice never doing so again, and dont pay % for ammo.

A loot whining thread from April 2021 gets bumped yesterday. OK sure, I'll play.

For the OP, it really doesn't matter what anyone says, because those that agree with you just reinforces your opinion and those that don't, you'll just chalk up as an MA shill, and/or exploiter or some reason why their opinion is invalid.

As for me, let's see what my stats say, using my spreadsheet that goes from June 2016 to today.

Total deposited: $725.00 USD (avg $10.98/month) (rest of stats are in ped)

Hunting + mining: Spent 473,222.34 (226,208.19 in 2021)
TT return: 95.63% (96.73% in 2021)

Crafting: Spent 121,624.37 (28,083.37 in 2021)
TT return: 93.58% (98.06% in 2021)

Sales profit after auction fees: 43,409.08 (19,400.00 in 2021, nice round number)

Buys: 250,777.08 TT, 17,179.28 in MU, so 106.85% avg (163,244.04 TT, 6,420.96 MU so 103.93% avg in 2021)

Counting other parts of my spreadsheet stats, my overall P&L is -4,614.59 from June 2016 to today, or losing 69.92/month avg.

Meh, I can live w/ that for entertainment costs.

Back