Fundraising PED till december 24, 2021.

Johaoninho90

Prowler
Jo Johaoninho90 jo
Hello,

1) I'm fundraising PED in Entropia Universe till December 24.

2) December 25, the fundraised sum is going to be donated to the International Agency for Research on Cancers (IARC) in name of the "Entropia Universe Community"

→ Every donations will count, so if you want to be part of this contact me in game Jo Johaoninho90 jo

Actual Balance: 1330ped

DONATION SENT ! SORRY FOR THE TIME IT TOOK AND TYVM TO ALL PLAYERS OF ENTROPIA UNIVERSE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS AWSOME HUMAN EXPERIENCE ! ♥

index.php

Last edited:
Speaking as a scientist, I’d be wary of this agency and seek out a group that’s a little more focused on scientific rigor either in detection or solutions. Possibly one focused on something specific since cancer solutions are very specific to the type of cancer.

Here’s a good summary article on the issues with them: https://www.reuters.com/article/us-health-who-iarc-special-report-idUSKCN0XF0RF

In short, they declare practically everything carcinogenic (except toothbrush bristles) without looking at real-world risks to the point that their declarations aren’t really helpful in the science realm, and confusing or outright misleading to the general public.

Technically even water is a carcinogen, so there are plenty of things you can declare as such, but pose no real increased risk. That kind of thing is a huge sticking point for scientists when it comes to this group and efficient use of resources.

Speaking as a scientist, I’d be wary of this agency and seek out a group that’s a little more focused on scientific rigor either in detection or solutions.
So which international charity does your scientist mind advises?

I can’t make any outstanding broad recommendations like you want, only that that one has serious issues and would be very poor use of donations.

Cancer Research UK looks decent for a global role though: https://www.cancerresearchuk.org/global-role

That said, I was pretty serious about picking a certain type of cancer and seeing what organizations specialize in that. If you just say cancer, that can be any number of disparate disorders that have entirely different detection, treatment, or overall research profiles. That’s why we say there’s no cure for cancer, but there can be for leukemia, thyroid cancer, etc. individually. Basically, funding goes further if you have something specific in mind and can direct it there, and it can be easier to find something reputable that way than just sorting through general cancer groups.

Maybe even put up a voting, if chosen cancer as a goal for fundraising, voting for leukemia or thyroid etc could maybe get more donors as well

I have been fighting Lymphoma for over a decade, and the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society is legit. They have helped me as a patient with financial aid, finding doctors etc.

Awsome to hear some society are truelly helping patients @Xanato ! it's giving me one more reason to do this experience !

it's being since september 5, that i'm asking charities suggestions from entropian threw this video

I have now 22 days left before the end line. I agree and it's indeed important to donate to a serious charity, or at least to a charity that the majority of entropian participating in this project estimate is worth donating PED.

I received a lot of charities suggestions such as:

Union for International Cancer Control
IARC
Stand Up To Cancer
St Joseph
Red Cross

For me, personnally, i think it would reflect greatly our entropia community if the donation goes to an international charity working on more than one type of cancer.

But sincerly, so far, thanks for the comments, it's important to go somewhere, guided by the most knowledge and experience possible !

why donate ped? It's a pain to W/D and charges fees... why not just a kickstarter or the like?

We need a kind of Zevent here, it wouldn't hurt the game. Entropians from different countries streaming ingame events, races, treasure hunts, quizzes. Could even contact a medium/big streamer in those countries to help spreading/streaming the Entropia charity events.

why donate ped? It's a pain to W/D and charges fees... why not just a kickstarter or the like?
The experience is happening in the RCEMMORPG Entopia Universe, so it's not just a question of money, it's to fundraise our currency the PED for a good cause IRL.

There will be no W/D fees. We will simply not withdraw, just transfer a sum worth what the sum was in PED.

Why donate to a charity at all? Why not just help those in the EU community? We can create a non-profit for the purpose of helping those with disabilities either veterans of wars, illnesses, etc. Not just cancer. And the money can go to helping out the players of the community.

I started playing the game because it was a means for me to get out of the nursing home I live in and get back to having a real life, and that is my end goal. I could have done it trading and just making money for myself. But instead I went a different route providing services to players to make their experience with the game better, to save them money, time. And I gained more than financial profit. I have gained friends, relationships, a community in which I am respected, something I didn't have before.

So why not take an alternate route. Instead of just throwing money at some unknown where we don't know if the money actually provides an impact or how it is spent. (Some 'charities' dont actually help people but are just a scheme) There are players all over the world that need help. EU is more than a game, it is it's players. I have heard stories of people meeting on hear and getting married, some players I know have kids younger than the amount they have been playing the game. I am not saying this for me to personally gain anything from it. But if we are to come together as a community to be charitable and help people in need, why not do it for those within our community.

Hey everyone, before I start, I sincerly wish you all a merry christmas and happy holidays !

Thanks to those who commented this thread, I really think most of the comments were constructive...but, I take the responsability to keep International Agency for Research on Cancers (IARC) as the charity we will donate to for now but i will keep in mind and work on some of the supposed ideas.

In order to make things more trustfull I will give the PED to ██████████████████ thanks to him, he accepted to manage the donation irl.

It's the last day fundraising ped, so if you want to donate, contact me in game: Jo Johaoninho90 jo
The actual donation balance is worth 1330 PED (133 USD)

Last edited:
DONATION SENT ! SORRY FOR THE TIME IT TOOK AND TYVM TO ALL PLAYERS OF ENTROPIA UNIVERSE WHO CONTRIBUTED TO THIS AWSOME HUMAN EXPERIENCE ! ♥

index.php

Back