News: New Treasure Island Deeds

For those who don't seem to understand what the problem is and tend to defend "resellers".

The problem is not so much that they buy only for the purpose of reselling at a profit.
Even if it's a big trouble in my opinion, but well... we are not going to rebuild the world tonight...
Nor even EU that we all know is now more of a great trading platform than a game, sadly. :whistle:
Reselling has been a entropia profession since the early days of entropia and is the greatest way to make money in entropia.
And Entropia always has been a great trading platform. Little has changed the past nearly 20 years..

It's a real cash economy. Without trade EU would be dead.

The major problem is that a very small number of rich people have taken everything.
According to MU trend, one person alone took 200k$ of shares.

That should not be possible.

Even in the most capitalist worlds there are laws to prevent this.
Anti-trust laws, anti-monopoly laws, etc..
Lol, a bit like the real world. And don't come with this crap of anti-trust laws. They're an illusion.
A small number of rich people have taken everything is this world.
Seems that entropia is a good mirror of the real world them.

And in the best interest of the game, I think it would be much more beneficial if 4000 people owned 200 shares each,
rather than a handful owning everything. :devilish:
Yeah, I guess this is true, but hey, it's a capitalist world with a free market.
You also had a chance to buy everything if you really wanted it.
Given the speed at which it was gone,
...shows that many people have a lot of faith in the game!

Hopefully, in 3 months the hype will be over, Dasp will be gone,
and nobody will want these shares anymore, that we will be able to buy for 5PED.. :love:
You know very well that they won't sell for 5 ped unless the sky is falling.

PS, sadly I didn't manage to get any either.
To bad, because I would have liked a few deeds for sentimental reasons because the initial sale of TI to Deathifier was for me the reason to start playing entropia.
Ah well, I will buy one for 20 ped then.

Hopefully, in 3 months the hype will be over, Dasp will be gone,
and nobody will want these shares anymore, that we will be able to buy for 5PED.. :love:

you can always hope

in the meantime, from my deeds, ill

and for the record

you hope that the dasps will be gone, no one wants the deeds... and then you will be "able to to buy for 5PED.. :love:"

the only way you would be able to buy for 5 ped, is if the deeds are completely dead... boy, you've got some killer moves here lol

Easy dont buy them from resellers and dont hunt there......

you hope that the dasps will be gone, no one wants the deeds... and then you will be "able to to buy for 5PED.. :love:"
You know that saying about 🦊 & 🍇?

Soo much 🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂 so funny...

Oh, you're gonna turn down healing jobs on dasps now? I doubt.. no matter how salty you may be...

lol, don't buy from resellers mean that you can't buy anything in this game, since nearly every item is being resold, unless it's freshly looted.

Better say, don't buy from resellers at ridiculous prices if you think it's to high.

We always blame resellers for these rediculios price, but in fact blame the buyers for setting this price so high by buying at these prices.

Well, when those will be listed u dont know the guy who sells, is same as it is with CPS , you are able to see the price/amount, so, i wonder how would u know from who to buy and not to ..

It's very simple.
Quality sells. - New Treasure Island sells out in 20min
There is no PvP Space that bothers the community but you can access the best mobs in the game with a TP jump

Inferiority dont sell - Next Island has still not sold out, despite halving the number of shares (genuine market manipulation)
Maybe they should do something other than hang on to players' MS.

Wish I could have bought shares, but Mindark was out with the information, told everyone in good time what time the sale would take place and did everything right this time.

I followed the auction from the minute it started until the finish. After I had purchased what I initially wanted I kept quickly refreshing Entropia exchange for the full 22 minute.
Interestingly enough while at times there were large amounts in purchases , there were a lot of smaller sales in the 1000 to 5000 range. I believe a lot more smaller lots were purchased by players than what is being indicated in this thread.
While a few players have mentioned they missed out in this thread that is no indication of how many players actually did buy shares.
I bought my shares in in multiple transactions and at no time was there any hold up in lag etc so purchasing shares by multiple players would not have been a problem. Just saying>

I was lucky enough to be online during the availability and didn't see any issues during my 3 transactions. Although I might have TTed a bit more storage junk and bought a few more if I'd have been quicker. But hey thats life!

Based on what I saw of the availability dropping I'd concur with the other posts, that although there were a few large drops which may indicate some large buys (or maybe just when I reloaded a lot of smaller ones had gone through), there were also a lot of smaller steps down which would suggest many like myself did get a slice of the pie before close.

Hey Spoon, you have mistake in calculation. ROI is ~20y with 1 pec/week...
Thanks my man.
That is having at least 160,000 PED decay a week, to split between MA and the NTI deed holders IF that is all it is based on, which we don't really know how the dividends will be calculated in regards to PED spent, just that there is no tax on the land area so income doesn't come from that.

So it is locked in for twenty years at the minimum a week, and the 160k PED a week to get the minimum for decay is correct.
So if they double in price then the LA will be worth $3.200,000. Generating 160,000 x 52 = 8,320,000 PED or $832,000 a year in decay.
I do wonder how much needs to be shot to generate 8 million PED in decay... But I would imagine that MA will host events there and keep the place busy.

Thanks my man.
That is having at least 160,000 PED decay a week, to split between MA and the NTI deed holders IF that is all it is based on, which we don't really know how the dividends will be calculated in regards to PED spent, just that there is no tax on the land area so income doesn't come from that.

So it is locked in for twenty years at the minimum a week, and the 160k PED a week to get the minimum for decay is correct.
So if they double in price then the LA will be worth $3.200,000. Generating 160,000 x 52 = 8,320,000 PED or $832,000 a year in decay.
I do wonder how much needs to be shot to generate 8 million PED in decay... But I would imagine that MA will host events there and keep the place busy.
So basically you people have no clue of basement for share, and no approximates on TI's turnover, and still grabbed these shares in 20 mins, and now calculating profit? :jawdrop:

Thanks my man.

I guess my maths do really suck...
So it is 8000 PED, not 80000, oops. I did the same thing as I was corrected for lolol..
So 16,000 total. Basically divide by ten.
So $83,200/year. 832,000 PED/year.
OK so that's more like it.
For the minimum weekly payment.
That doesn't seem so bad.

From the OP description:
  • Deed revenue represents 50% of Planet Calypso’s planet partner revenue for all activity on New Treasure Island.
  • Minimum dividend payout is 1 PEC per deed. If the payout per deed is less than 1 PEC, the amount is carried over to the following week’s dividend.
  • There will no longer be any land area taxes for activity on New Treasure Island
So..@Cartoon Spoon your math is valid JUST IN THE UNCANNY CASE that MA takes no slice of planet revenue.
we DO know that MA and PP share the revenues of the planet (i dont care who is tHe shareholder of PP, but "PlanetCalypso" that manages Calypso shares with MA company the revenues

i try a guess that is FAVORABLE to PP (50/50 split, i would do so, or offer them less than that so... the Goblin in me offer 50%
i agree on numbers that are to be paid off..
800.000 deeds * 0.01 PED payoff = 8.000 PED pertaining to NTI to allow distribution.
BUT
that 8.000 is In a very probable scenario 25% of decay LOST in the land
so we need 32.000 Ped decay to distrubute 0.01 ped per each deed (they go pari passu so to distribute must cumulate the full amount so that all deed receive 0.01)
that lead to 32.000 * 365 /7 = 1.668.572 PED decay per year to pay 1 pec per week as you think is feasible
Ma reported that average return for players is 98% that means revenues for MA and PP are the remaining 2% (at least to me 100-98 makes 2)
so i calc (8000 : (2* 50%*50%) = X ; 100 ) = 1.600.000 PED shot per week on the land to allow a payout of 0.01

CLD has in principle beaten the Swedish stock exchange (MA home country) every year.
Even "only" the increase in share/deed value will probably make this one of the best investments so far in Entropia.

That is why so many feel salty now.

oh btw you are not sick ... it is the Swedish jealousy that you can feel now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

oh btw you are not sick ... it is the Swedish jealousy that you can feel now :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Good thing for you because I heard that alcohol in Norway is incredibly expensive.. (y):giggle:

Anywho, thanks Msturlese. I mean we CAN speculate on what it MIGHT look like. I like that you added the extra division equating to a possible 25% somewhere.
I actually thought my figures could represent some kind of use in that it would be what 10 pec a week would look like, but those new considerations have thrown this open again for me.

I mean on the plus side I saw the map of NTI that Bael put on the forums and it looks jolly impressive.

Edit: Then I find this https://www.planetcalypsoforum.com/forum/index.php?threads/ti-roi-and-other-ramblings.285028/

Last edited:
You know that saying about 🦊 & 🍇?

Soo much 🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂🧂 so funny...

Oh, you're gonna turn down healing jobs on dasps now? I doubt.. no matter how salty you may be...

You have a relatively basic mind for someone who claims to understand everything better than others. :geek:

So according to you, if you don't agree with something, or if you think it's bad, or unfair, then you're just bitter and jealous ?
Very basic indeed.

As for myself, I wanted to take some shares, about 250, not more.
So you see it's not much, and the fact that I couldn't do it is not a big deal.
Don't worry about me, I'll continue to sleep well. ;)

Secondly, what I say about EU being more and more a trading platform, and less and less a game, is really not new.
I've been saying it for several years now, and it's only getting more obvious as time goes by.

So know that it is for the principle that I find it very bad, and not just for a personal feeling about my possible missed "fortune"... :rolleyes:
I know that for an egoistic mind it's hard to understand, but I assure you that there are people who put some values above money.
Yes it exists, and even in EU.
Crazy people, isn't it ? o_O

I woould like a "Land area description line " New Traasure Island" to track global
i think that for 800.000 USD can gift NTI a tag line......
That would be cool.

Something else that would be very cool, MA, make an statement to announce selling and add the number of players that have bought at least one share, the number of players that bought at lest 100 and the number of players that bought at least 10000. That would be pretty awesome.
I'm guessing the numbers are huge and the success comes not only from collecting such a big capital, but most importantly, from the trust of players and investors, in your company. Please consider sharing these numbers.

It's comments like these that make others say they want to boycott NTI altogether.

It's an attitude of winning a game of monopoly and rubbing it in the other players faces the whole evening.

Enjoy your unique mobs, I'll have fun with the pletora of equally unique mobs on six other planets.

BTW, I'm not saying NTI are a bad investment. I think the ROI can be quite good and even when it's not the prices might go up 200-300% or even more when it's for sale in three months.

It's comments like these that make others say they want to boycott NTI altogether.

It's an attitude of winning a game of monopoly and rubbing it in the other players faces the whole evening.

Enjoy your unique mobs, I'll have fun with the pletora of equally unique mobs on six other planets.
No one has rubbed anything here, just the whining of those who claimed deeds won't sell and now that the reality hit them a bit hard are being salty and boycott Caly altogether =))

People with common sense knew it will sell within hours and many said so publicly. People that could and really wanted, got a piece of NTI. Laziness, sloppiness and ignorance made a lot of people really mad of the outcome. Learn from it.

Right, wrong, good or bad ROI, good or bad mobs, codex, loot, whatever, do what you feel is best for you but don't come here to divorce from Caly/NTI, it will make you look even dumber.

PS. What's up with TEN items dropping (so far) only on NTI? eww :D

I agree on numbers that are to be paid off.. 800.000 deeds * 0.01 PED payoff = 8.000 PED pertaining to NTI to allow distribution.
BUT that 8.000 is 25% of decay LOST in the land : so we need 32.000 Ped decay to distribute 0.01 ped per each deed
that lead to 32.000 * 365 /7 = 1.668.572 PED decay per year to pay 1 pec per week as you think is feasible

MA reported that average return for players is 98% (EDIT note-- that "98%" seems too optimistic : probably a more realistic value is 95%)
that means revenues for MA and PP are the remaining 2%
so i calc (8000 : (2%* 50%*50%) = X ; 100 ) = 1.600.000 PED shot per week on the land to allow a payout of 0.01

Msturlese, also consider Mining and Crafting : yes, also Crafting and -moreover- ANY other cost for the Player on New Treasure Island is included to calculate the Deed-Revenue (...even the Auction Fees paid on the Island ! )

Source--> https://www.entropiauniverse.com/bulletin/buzz/2011/11/16/Calypso-Land-Lot-Deeds.xml
(Let's use the above explanation regarding Calypso Land Deeds, to understand how the Deed-System works : also for New Treasure Island Deeds)

"Q. How is the Planet Partner Gross Revenue calculated?
A. Planet Partner Gross Revenue is calculated and paid by MindArk to the Planet Partner, and includes avatar Activity on Planet Calypso (...)
Avatar Activity includes deterioration of items, as well as various other Fees AND avatar Activities "

The Consequence of This, is :
If a Crafter/hunter/miner (yes : this is valid ALSO for Crafters, not only for Hunters and Miners), or even a mere Trader who Auctions Items (therefore paying Auction-fees), owns a decent amount of New Treasure Island Deeds, It's better for that Player to place its Activities on New Treasure Island :
in order to INCREASE the Deed-Revenue
of its New Treasure Island Deeds .

UPDATE- Let's add further Examples of Other Costs that Increase the Deed-Revenue of New Treasure Island Deeds :
1) Fees on Shops\Shopkeepers located on New Treasure Island
(So if you own a decent amount of New Treasure Island Deeds, place your Shops there : you will increase your Deed-Revenue)

2) Fuel spent by Vehicles while travelling on New Treasure Island (!)

Paul

Last edited:
I love these long debates, but what is the proof that all the deeds were sold to players ?

I love these long debates, but what is the proof that all the deeds were sold to players ?
Why would MA NOT want easy money? For what stupid reason would they NOT sell them all?

Why would MA NOT want easy money? For what stupid reason would they NOT sell them all?
Agreed, if MA thought they were a good buy at 800,000 units they would have just done 1mill units or 1.5mil. However, after a day of hunting they may have thought 'we messed this up, better buy them back ourselves"

Im prob beeing stupid here but Isent peds pretty much useless for MA? i`ts not like they can withdraw any? In my mind its like McDonalds accepting burgers as payment.

Im prob beeing stupid here but Isent peds pretty much useless for MA? i`ts not like they can withdraw any? In my mind its like McDonalds accepting burgers as payment.
Those PEDs were initially deposited by somebody with USD, that’s when they get your money. Then when you magic those PEDs out of existence, MA now doesn’t owe you them anymore.

It is a balancing thing:

(Simplified for easier understanding! This is no business economics master thesis! Accountants please turn a blind eye on me!)

Business economics 101:
By definition assets and liabilities always must even out each other. The sum of assets (+) and liabilities (-) always must equal null, zero.
When you deposit 100$, MA gets money to their account (their asset (+) rise +100$) and MA now owes you 1000 PED for it (their liabilities (-) rise by +100$).
Theoretically you could withdraw those 1000ped again, so MA cant spend their 100$, as long as they owe you those 1000 PEDs.
The nominal value (TT value!) for shares is 0,00 PED. MA isn't obligated to take them back, and if they do, they pay you the nominal value of 0,00 PED for them.
So if you pay 1000 PED to MA for a nominal value of 0,00 PED, your PED card lowers by 1000 PED and the liability (debt) MA owes to you lowers by 100$.

Now MA is free to do whatever they want with their 100$ on their bank account (converting the liability toward you into other liabilities like office rent, wages, withdraw as profit, or buying castles in Germany for example) and spend the 100$ for them.
When MA paid 100$ for the castle in Germany, the liability (-) for this purchase is lowered by 100$ and their bank account asset (+) is lowered by 100$.
The balance is still even, MA is the proud owner of a castle ("real estate") and you are the proud owner of some pixels ("virtual real...something").

Last edited:
Trying to sell shares directly for real money would render them real-life securities rather than just ingame assets, with all the attached obligations for both the seller and the buyers. MA would need a license for securities exchange, they would need to regulate who can and cannot buy the shares in accordance with local laws (leaving a huge chunk of playerbase not being able to buy them). And, above everything, they could be held accountable for the state of the shares. Right now you can buy deeds, log out for a year and have the content of your account wiped because all that is merely ingame assets. Or the whole deeds system can be canceled like Compet, it would harm the trust a lot but would not have any legal consequence. It wouldn't even kill the game because the casuals, the "proletariat" of the game, would just laugh at the problems of the "bourgeoisie".

Back