Search results

1. I

new jumpsuit

Time to stop! I happen to be on Arkadia at the moment - the mobs for the kill missions and the POI are obviously different, but hey... Anyway, I've gone as far as the military green suit and that's where I'm stopping. Two reasons; I would prefer to keep the old suits as I go along and thus it...
  2. I

Entropia Universe Release 11.10.3 Available

Heads up for release info This might be useful. The platform release notes are not available on the Calypso startup screen - neither do they seem to be available on this forum - I haven't checked the Calypso official forum. But for some reason, the platform release notes can be read on the...
  3. I

The new mining, a matter of time?

I had switched to mining for the majority of my Entropia time. However, now I'm hunting most of the time. But when the various available data sources tell me that pickings will be slim, I don't do anything at all except maybe a little crafting with some of the junk loot I pick up. I've got a...
  4. I

Mob level

One point not made yet, I think; mob difficulty depends on equipment. Personally, I find atrox and atrax (small atrox, because of regen) reasonably easy - simply because I wear armour that protects against all its multiple damage types so atrox damage is soaked quite well. Against pure-impact...
  5. I

Where are the sweaters?

Yup. I TPed yesterday and landed about a metre away from a feffoid; nothing happened while I charged up for the next leg.
  6. I

Claim size question...

It isn't just me then! I did a 50-drop run (usual for me - I used to do 50 bombs, 50 probes) costing 75 ped and got back about 35 PED. Either something has gone wrong, or MA has got greedy. I suspect that they are basing average claim size on the old cost of survey probes. Tiny enmatter used to...
  7. I

Mob level

Two more: Tripudion Young L6, Molisk Young L8.
  8. I

How I load ammo?

To put all this together: Noobie rifle uses rookie medium energy cells, available in the same subsection of the TT as the rifle. It uses several hundred cells (IIRC about 130) per shot, and if you only bought 100 cells (the minimum you can buy, I believe) then when you equip the gun it will...
  9. I

Question: What's actually changed at Athena Spaceport?

Release notes for the latest VU (or maybe the one before that) stated that there were changes at Athena Spaceport. I went there last night, and it isn't at all obvious what those changes are. Any ideas? :scratch2::scratch2:
  10. I

State of the Universe

A point that I haven't seen made before is that the reasonably pure spawns in various places (notably Swamp Camp, with pure spawns of snables, berys, combibo and daikiba) seem not to be present any more, at least with the noob mobs. This matters, because it makes it harder to accumulate enough...
  11. I

Info: Finding the size of Unknown mining claims

I know that. I thought it might be useful to know at least something about your claim before starting to drill.
  12. I

Info: Finding the size of Unknown mining claims

As we all know, the unknown claims are really unknown now - inspecting the deed doesn't help to find any further info. Except that isn't quite true. I found this out today. (I haven't seen anyone else report it.) Inspect the claim and see how long it has left to go; this gives a rough idea of...
  13. I

Most underated pistol in Entropia !!!

For low-end handgun skilling, maybe the low-end BLP (L) SIB pistols? I suspect that after a while, you would maybe not have to actually buy any more guns, because they drop fairly often particularly the S30. I've got three in storage right now, including one at full TT. And no, I'm not trying to...
  14. I

A newbie tries to mine ( blog)

I haven't read the whole thread, but perhaps your length of run between drops needs attention. This ought to be twice the detection range of the finder; I use a finder with a detection range of 55m and therefore run 110m between drops. This matters because you need to avoid overlap as much as...
  15. I

Rockets?! Are you kidding me MA? How n00b are you guys?

Wrong. I do it all the time. Wait until you have 500000 explosives (50 ped TT) and put it on sale at 51 PED with a buyout of 51 PED. Very rarely takes more than an hour or two. Of course, that way you only make 45 pec (IIRC) more than TT (AH fees FTL) but every little helps!
  16. I

Question: Any idea what the Archipelago is for?

Thanks, and sorry for not searching first. I hadn't thought about the fish.
  17. I

Achievement: ??? you got to love evader !!!

She'll probably evade you. :lolup:
  18. I

Question: Any idea what the Archipelago is for?

I am confused, and have been since the Atlantis Archipelago was put into the game. We have a number of small islands, a teleporter and several revival points - but no service centre and no mobs. The latter fact made me go mining there - a small run of 50 probes and 50 bombs. Unfortunately, the...
  19. I

EU - Noobs experience

Dung is actually reasonably valuable IIRC. It's used to make fertiliser, needed by land area owners. One thing that might be worth mentioning; if you find the stone rutol (much rarer than the others) be very careful to get a good price for it.
  20. I

loot sprinkle effect, who needs this crap?

The sparkles might have been useful if they only appeared when there was loot. I would sooner have seen a fix to the "mobs that bury themselves" bug. To which the only workaround is to pull the health bar and loot that.
  21. I

Sad and pathetic (Ninja stealth accu spawns)

Did you actually read the OP? The problem here appears to be that the mob (in this case an atrax, which has quite a lot of HP) appears in the water, destroys the boat and then drowns. In case you hadn't noticed, mobs that die to drowning or turrets can't be looted. And not all of us carry (or...
  22. I

Question: Just curious - question about armoured opponents

When mobs hit you, you get two possible types of critical hits - armour penetration and additional damage. My question is: When getting a critical hit after attacking an armoured opponent (which only happens in PVP), does this still apply or is there only one type of critical against other avatars?
  23. I

This took me over 4 years to get

Congratulations! As someone else said, good MU too. I would guess that find is worth over 2K ped!
  24. I

Uber: My first uberloot!

Completely unexpected, using OF-103 with 2 enhancers plugged in and no amp. :yay: I burned out my mining tool and had to come back to it, and it took over an hour. :) Incidentally, I'd already had an 84 PED global that run. Lootius smiled on me tonight! :cool:
  25. My First UberLoot

My First UberLoot

Screen capture of my first uberloot (>1000 PED) in mining as it happens.
Back