Search results

1. jdegre

Question: Skill scanner?

just a small update on the "jdegre.net" site outage: it's unrelated to the update of the scanner. it's related to the hosting provider; there has been outages in the past but not for so long, so not sure when/if the hosting provider will restore the site. in any case, everything is backed up...
  2. jdegre

Question: Skill scanner?

Just a heads up on this topic... I have started working on a new Skill Scanner version. The good news is that the adaptation to the new skills window layout seems "feasible" (I can re-use a lot of the old code). The bad news is that my IRL work takes a LOT of my time, so cannot spend as much...
  3. jdegre

Help: Data needed to update jdegre optimizer skill curve

thanks a lot, hijacker, for this initiative. I have had a look at the charts with the new data and they look great. if I can make a suggestion, it would be very good to get data not only starting from 10k skills points, but also form some lower skill points. the issue is that the function...
  4. jdegre

Help: Data needed to update jdegre optimizer skill curve

:p sorry, mate, your mail must have come during a time of lots of IRL workload, so I missed it. now it's fixed!
  5. jdegre

Info: Correction Equipment Methodology Skill Influence

thanks a lot, everyone, for the new info. i had missed this tread entirely (i have now seen that Smilgs sent me an email to draw my attention to this thread, but I also missed it :cry: it must have come during times of super heavy work load IRL). I have updated the tools to reflect the new %'s...
  6. jdegre

Chipping Optimizer Tool

yes, I added "https" support to the "jdegre.net" site some months ago, using a certificate from Let's Encrypt. apparently, one of their root certificates expired recently (on Sept 30th); before that date, there was some media coverage about the effect this would cause, since some transient...
  7. jdegre

Skill Scanner

it seems everything is back to normal now. as suspected, it was due to a temporary outage of the hosting provider.
  8. jdegre

Skill Scanner

yes, both the web page (Chipping Optimizer) and the Java app (Skill Scanner) depend on the same domain (jdegre.net) to work fine. as commented before, the domain itself seems to be fine; so it's not for sale, or with unpaid bills or anything like that :) i suspect from the hosting provider...
  9. jdegre

Skill Scanner

i have checked the domain itself, and it should be fine; at least the info from the domain registrar indicates no problems. i suspect it might be due to an outage of my hosting provider (which is different than my domain registrar). i'll keep an eye on this and see what i can do... sorry for the...
  10. jdegre

Skill Scanner

after some more investigation, I think that the issue might be much harder than I initially thought. the main issue is that, apparently, the forum software takes a snapshot of the external image only at the moment when you crate your signature. then it stores such snapshot locally and it uses...
  11. jdegre

Skill Scanner

hi mate, the signature images are generated in the "jdegre" site when you upload a new set of skill values. once it is generated, the image is a normal PNG image file, exactly the same as any other static image on the web. so, it's not that the images are dynamically generated upon request of...
  12. jdegre

Skill Scanner

Today, I got access again to EU. I have tested the Scanner with EU, and everything worked fine. For what is worth, this is the recommended setup: - Have Java 8 properly installed in your machine - Start EU and then the Skill Scanner in that order (not the other way around) - When you are about...
  13. jdegre

Skill Scanner

Sorry for not being of much help lately. It's around 1 month or so that I cannot access EU due to technical issues that I'm trying to solve with EU support, but they seem to ignore my messages (the replied almost instantly when I opened the support case, 30 days ago, and they have never...
  14. jdegre

Skill Scanner

yeap, sent you a PM with your account details for the skill scanner (sorry for the delay, btw...)
  15. jdegre

Skill Scanner

I did a quick test and the scanner seems to work fine with the new VU.
  16. jdegre

Skill Scanner

do you mean the issue that Sub-Zero reported 2 msgs ago? If so, I worked with him to figure out what was the issue, and (iirc) we concluded that it was something related to his java setup since he had the same issue (blank screens) with all other java apps in his PC. in any case, I would not be...
  17. jdegre

How are the looting skills put together

Mutant Looter: Intelligence: 1% Alertness: 6% Dexterity: 3% Perception: 9% Scourging: 35% Anatomy: 7% Analysis: 5% Biology: 3% Genetics: 4% Serendipity: 8% Xenobiology: 2% Reaping: 10% Scientist: 2% Scavenging: 5% Robot Looter: Intelligence: 1% Alertness: 6% Dexterity: 3% Perception: 9%...
  18. jdegre

How are the looting skills put together

Attempt to full breakdown of Animal Looter: Intelligence: 1% Alertness: 6% Dexterity: 3% Perception: 9% Skinning: 35% Anatomy: 7% Analysis: 5% Biology: 3% Zoology: 4% Serendipity: 8% Xenobiology: 2% Butchering: 10% Scientist: 2% Scavenging: 5% Adds up to 100%, and this breakdown matches...
  19. jdegre

Skill Scanner

v0.59 Added Butchering (thx Oleg) and Scavenging (thx Smilgs) ! Now, going over the skills breakdown of the professions. I have been using the very good thread from Parlog as a starting point, but I'm still missing lots of data). Working on it...
  20. jdegre

Skill Scanner

v0.58 I have added several looting skills; still missing Butchering (if anyone has this skill unlocked, please drop me a msg, so I can add it to the Scanner). BTW, in case anyone wonders... I have been _much_ slower than usual in updating the tool due to a combination of events: I messed up my...
  21. jdegre

Skill Scanner

Hi mate, Checking the text you posted below, it seems that the problem is caused because you tried to make the scan before "logging-in" in the scanner. Try again, please, after having entered your scanner user/pwd, and let me know if it works ok for you.
  22. jdegre

Chipping Optimizer Tool

i have entered the new HP data into the database. let me know if you spot anything incorrect. at least, for my super noob skill set, it seems to work fine...
  23. jdegre

Chipping Optimizer Tool

i also got this error earlier today; looks like the hosting provider has been having intermittent outages. it seems to be working fine now, though. wrt the effect of the new skills in the HP calculations, I'll enter the new data in the tools as soon as I'm back home; at the moment I'm away from...
  24. jdegre

Chipping Optimizer Tool

after some discussion in-game, as you know, the problem was related to a mis-alignment of skills names between the Optmizer and EntropiaWiki. i have aligned skill names to the correct names, and uploaded a new version of the Scanner (v0.57). let me know if you spot any other misalignment, mate...
  25. jdegre

Chipping Optimizer Tool

hi mate, it seems that entropiawiki is sending the avatar data formatted in a different way than what I agreed with Witte, long time ago. when i wrote my last post in this thread (25/07), it was working fine with a test i made with my own avatar, but that is not working anymore, so the new...
Back