Search results

1. The Nightbird

Question: A103 vs A104

Prices for non-substitutable goods (goods that people think are different) are based on supply and demand. There is a large demand for A103s, but there is also a large supply, so price is low. There is a large demand for A104s, but the supply is far less than the demand, so prices are high. If...
  2. The Nightbird

A103s

I wanted to clean my inventories a bit, and decided to sell my small collection of 28 Omegation A103 energy amps (all looted myself a while ago). After checking prices and seeing they were going at around tt+30, I decided to give 10% off and sell them at a +27 buyout, thinking resellers wouldn't...
  3. The Nightbird

Show me the reasons I should pay 40ped for travelling to Rocktropia!!!

Think of it as a place like CND: a big player-owned land area with an entry fee, every activity has an additional tax, but it's a break from the regular stuff.
  4. The Nightbird

News: The End of "Entropia"?

It's wouldn't hurt to change the name to something better. Entropia isn't too great - accurate but bad for investors.
  5. The Nightbird

Interesting fact: 0.999... = 1

Well, most people don't know nor need to know the more difficult definitions calculus demands. A simple test of personal cognition is this, let us have two intervals. First: The interval of all numbers between 0 and 1, including 0 and 1. The length of this interval is 1. Second: The interval...
  6. The Nightbird

"Health Bar" for Claims

I would prefer a message in chat that says: You have found a deposit of X, with a value of Y PEDs.
  7. The Nightbird

Seismic Anomalies

Cool, fits right in my fan fiction story, maybe I'll write part 2 finally if it goes well
  8. The Nightbird

what would you do with the vehicles?

If they make it so that you can hunt and mine while in an vehicle (think buggy), and you can shoot/fap/loot/drop bombs/extract/etc, that would be useful. Just for driving around, useless.
  9. The Nightbird

Do we need vehicles?

If they make it so you can hunt or mine in a vehicle (shoot/fap/loot, drop/extract), that would be really cool since you don't need to run slowly. If you have to get out of vehicle, and it decays or use too much gas, then it'll be definitely a luxury e-peen type of item.
  10. The Nightbird

pissed of miner

I concur with the flat areas wish. MA just went overboard with the mountain creation. Go travel a bit, and you'll see that much of the world is flat or soft hills due to erosion. Change the landscape to 1/4 mountains, and 3/4 flat and I'll be content. Oh, and MA, you can make that 1/4 as...
  11. The Nightbird

New Alienware 11.4" laptop should run EU ok

Too weak for EU. You can spend 400$ for a netbook with a larger screen and then 400$ for a desktop that can run EU with max settings (lcd extra).
  12. The Nightbird

FYI: +120% loss

Never mind, wrong person, not thinking clearly
  13. The Nightbird

FYI: +120% loss

This thread would have been more effective if a regular player posted it. edit. Was thinking of wrong person. You can lose more than 100% if you take into consideration the money you could have made doing something else, though anyone thinking so clearly clearly has no place in EU lawl
  14. The Nightbird

Mining Profession without Future

signed.. I want double move speed and faster move speed up hills!
  15. The Nightbird

Selling: UL MA-105 (UL enmatter amp)

These items are hard to sell because people with 20k usd sitting around typically aren't willing to work full time mining, which is pretty boring after all. People looking to make a living via gaming might exist, but are still rare. As an investment, this is different from an LA since without...
  16. The Nightbird

Are you using ATI Graphics AND VISTA? BE SCARED, VERY SCARED!

I have ATI and Vista, it works great. No BSOD or crash in 2 years. Then again, I'm not a nub at maintaining my computer.
  17. The Nightbird

Viable Pet System

Allowing pvp (pet versus people) when pvp isn't on? Other than that, sounds great :)
  18. The Nightbird

Plea for "Lending System" You decide!

I'll support lending if MA also drops enough uber items to keep prices the same. This means, if someone tries to buy them up to monopolize the market, MA will keep dropping them :D
  19. The Nightbird

Loss of colour has gone too far

Well, you can't realistically complain about loss of color when you're not willing to play with the slowdown that comes with color... it's your choice not MA's at work here.
  20. The Nightbird

Add Range as a Stat on Mining Extractors

MA's hands are tied on this, since they can't screw all the miners that own adj imp mod excavators over.
  21. The Nightbird

FYI: Fatal Mining Loot Generation Bug

Are you intentionally misunderstanding me? lol I obviously don't mean rows spaced 44 meters apart, but rather just the spacing on a straight line.
  22. The Nightbird

Oh yeah, I lost 2500peds in this experiment, but it was fun and I won't mine for a while I guess.
  23. The Nightbird

Well, I did similar testing before CE2, and bombing 44meters apart worked as it should. So this "change" is either a bug or a "feature". In either case, you are HEAVILY PENALIZED for overlap. edit. Or... nothing changed and I was unlucky and/or picked bad spots as Akoz pointed out
  24. The Nightbird

Nope, the only part that matters is the 50% of the area on each drop is "fresh". You can cover the area behind you 2-3 times, but it's the fresh part that is at issue. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Circle-CircleIntersection.html part 17. If the radius is 1unit, then when the centers are 0.807...
Back