Help: 1st time computer builder...

Rick Sliver

Guardian
Society
Circle of Lootius
Rick Quick Silver
The area where I'm currently living doesn't sell any affordable comps that'll run EU. I'm currently looking into building my own computer (wont actually be putting it together myself), but as it's my first time I thought I'd ask some advice. Don't want to go too crazy with cost, but I'd like a decent computer that'll last for awhile. This is what I've got so far:

Phenom II x3 720
Asus M4A78-E
ATI HD 4830 or 4850
2x2GB Kingston Ram (maybe a bit more?)
1TB HD

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thx all.

Get the 4870. You can the run on very high.

Phenom II x3 720
Asus M4A78-E
ATI HD 4830 or 4850
2x2GB Kingston Ram (maybe a bit more?)
1TB HD

If you'll stick more RAM , you'll have to go with the 64bit OS , since 32bit cant take more than that.

As for HDD , i'd suggest you to get a smaller and a bit faster one for the OS and some programs and a support one for other crap.

GL ;)

If you'll stick more RAM , you'll have to go with the 64bit OS , since 32bit cant take more than that.

As for HDD , i'd suggest you to get a smaller and a bit faster one for the OS and some programs and a support one for other crap.

GL ;)

vista and w7 in 32 bit can usually access about 3.5 gb.

Mainboard ASUS M4A79XTD EVO @0507,
CPU Phenom II X2 550 BE running@X4,
RAM CORSAIR TW3X4G1333C9DHX,
HDD WDC WD1500HLFS,
Grafx MSI Radeon 4870 MD1G
Powersupply Antec Truepower 550
Case Antec Three Hundred

Running for me right now. I have set everything to very high apart from shading + shadow to just medium which keeps the GPU at about 65% and the fan below 50% running so its very quiet.

Back