2 mining questions for ya'all

Epictetus

Proprietor, Epic Enterprises
1. How big is the average "field?" Are we talking around the same size as a PVP area?

2. How long does it take for a "field" to regenerate? Seems to be like 2-3 days in my limited experience but I hear it used to be 10 hours.

Thanks much for any responses. :dunce:

Epictetus said:
1. How big is the average "field?" Are we talking around the same size as a PVP area?

2. How long does it take for a "field" to regenerate? Seems to be like 2-3 days in my limited experience but I hear it used to be 10 hours.

Thanks much for any responses. :dunce:

1. If you count "fields" as the different types of ore/enmatter spawns - then yes. The same types of ore/enmatter spawns will continue to spawn in the same general area, which is roughly the size of a PVP area.

On a smaller scale, the clusters of claims you might be talking about can be anywhere from one claim all the way up to fifty and above. Clusters of claims are usually quite close together and should have a distinct pattern you can follow to help find the next claim in the area. These are definitely not the size of a PVP area though :).

2. Field regeneration seems to be quite random today. I've noticed that a few claims in the areas I mine respawn after a few hours, but a full respawn doesn't seem to happen for days. I usually wait about 3 days to begin mining my same spots (which happens to work well). If you mine the same areas constantly, begin making a time log of claims and how long it is taking your areas to respawn. After a while, you should get a pretty good grasp of when your areas are prime to be mined again.

Hope this helped!

Epictetus said:
Press M , Change continent , look at the blue LG areas , that should give you an ideea ;)

Epictetus said:

Depends on the size of the area, tipe of ore/enmatter in it , dep sizes and how frequantly is mined by other miners and some other stuff .

Skyrider said:
2. Field regeneration seems to be quite random today. I've noticed that a few claims in the areas I mine respawn after a few hours, but a full respawn doesn't seem to happen for days. I usually wait about 3 days to begin mining my same spots (which happens to work well). If you mine the same areas constantly, begin making a time log of claims and how long it is taking your areas to respawn. After a while, you should get a pretty good grasp of when your areas are prime to be mined again.

Hope this helped!
Well they regenerate after 6 day or prolly 10 days so it's total random. I would say a minimum 6 days.
I've checked a zone and then, every day placed bombs, and only after 6 days they regenerated

it more time now cause that way miners dont win alot :( wich suks...

Mr Claude said:
Press M , Change continent , look at the blue LG areas , that should give you an ideea
this is based on the idea that server borders define both loot and mining respawn... one ive found, in my personal experience, to be true... i agree, mr claude :D

Back