2560x1440p Windowed Mode

Rocket192

Elite
Society
Classified
Sean Rocket Connors
Apparently I can no longer select above 1920x1080p for windowed mode on my 4k screen... i can go up to 4k in full screen.

Does anyone know why I can't get to 1440p in windowed mode and/or how to force 2560x1440p?

Apparently I can no longer select above 1920x1080p for windowed mode on my 4k screen... i can go up to 4k in full screen.

Does anyone know why I can't get to 1440p in windowed mode and/or how to force 2560x1440p?
I still have up to 2560x1600 windowed on my 4k monitor. For some reason if I had a remote session to my desktop and then later log into the game the resoltion is capped at max of the computer I connected through. A restart of windows fixes that but I guess you have tried that.

Edit setting-ce.cfg in public_users_data folder. I guess r_HeightWin = 1600 and r_WidthWin = 2560. Then make this file read only in system. There should be some posts about this in the forum.

Do you have "Advanced resolution mode" option enabled? (I think its in graphics settings)

While I dont use that resolution, it may be related to drivers and/or EU corrupted config.
Once in a while it can be good to simply delete all content of ProgramData\entropia universe\public_users_data
To the exception of the screenshots folder of course! this will reinitiate the creation of many files based on graphic card and drivers when you launch the game.
This used to be a wonderful fix for people having crash on landing toulan. It was for a different purpose as it was the planet texture which would crash under many settings but it work with the same the other way around too. If your driver are incompatible with the EU config which may not update due to driver change, it could very well be the issue.

I found what was causing this problem for me. Windows display scaling. At high resolution your windows has probs set your scaling really high lile 175% so you can have high resolution and still read the screen, well EU interprets this as your max resolution being a lot lower. You need to set windows scaling back to 100% then you can get your full resolution in game. Took me a while to figure that was my problem!

I found what was causing this problem for me. Windows display scaling. At high resolution your windows has probs set your scaling really high lile 175% so you can have high resolution and still read the screen, well EU interprets this as your max resolution being a lot lower. You need to set windows scaling back to 100% then you can get your full resolution in game. Took me a while to figure that was my problem!
thank you

Back