5 log in attempts to forum

raynebowdragon

Guardian
Society
Freelancer
Rayne
I logged in today to forum for the first time in 3-4 days. I mistyped my pass and got message you have made 5 out of 5 worng attempts to log into forum.

Is this a bug? I made one wrong attempt only! Or has someone been trying to log into my EF account.

If someone has been trying to log into my account, what can be done about this? It appears four attempts were made in one day to do so.

Please help resolve this issue.

Warmest regards

Rayne

Weird.. did you send a pm to 711?

Change your password is the best way i guess :p

no I didnt report to 711, is 711 moderator?

Changing password is kind of silly they obviously don't have it if they tried 4 times and failed.

Kind of intereseting don't you think that someone in this forum is trying to hack someone else's account? If that is what is happening.

I would not have known had I not mistyped my password, is there an alert to tell you if you don't mistype that 4 other attempts have been made.

It would be easy to do some serious damage to someone's reputation by hacking their forum account. OFC it would be silly of them to post. But how often do you check your sent messages?

Not sure wondered if it was a bug or someone trying to hack forum account either way it needs to be looked into doesn't it.

warmest regards

Rayne

He is the admin, he should know the answer. Just send him a pm. Hope you will get a positive answer.

Reactions: 711
The forum software automatically locks a member account if an incorrect password is submitted 5 times consecutively.

This feature prevents a brute password hacking script from eventually guessing a member's password.

I don't think you have anything to worry about, as long as you have used a password that is hard to guess. It is good security practice to use a password that contains a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and other characters. Also, be sure to use a password different from the one you use for your Entropia Universe account.

To be safe, I will check the IP addresses used to recently access your account.

Thank you 711,

I would much appreciate that, my password should be fine was just concerned that after one attempt it messaged that I had made 5, when it was my first attempt and I typoed it.

Do you get a warning if attempts have been made previously to when you log in succesfully on your first attempt?

I would have not known about this had I not typoed my first attempt, if you don't get a warning stating other attempts had been made.

If failed log in attempts are made would you still get the same message the next day is there a time span on the alerts?

Warmest regards

Rayne

Back