5 PED HOF (not mine)

Society
DIRTY DINGO'S
Miss Jalia Berovil
2023-10-12 06:47:39 [Globals] [] Lady Black Knight killed a creature (Hiryuu Fledgeling) with a value of 5 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame!

This seems to contradict VU 6.2, which states (in part): A loot must contain a minimum value of 50 PED to be added to the HoF list, if the value is above the current lowest entry.

Not an earth-shaking bug but it's wasted a bunch of my time as I tried to work out why this was a HOF at all.

Not a bug, just something that happens occasionally as things drop off the hof board. The next global is a hof due to only 97-99 entries on the board. Its just somewhat more rare for them to be that low.

VU you talk about was on 2004-11-02.
A lot migh changed since then
And like Nana said, hof list was just not full so 5ped was counted as one

2023-10-12 06:47:39 [Globals] [] Lady Black Knight killed a creature (Hiryuu Fledgeling) with a value of 5 PED! A record has been added to the Hall of Fame!

This seems to contradict VU 6.2, which states (in part): A loot must contain a minimum value of 50 PED to be added to the HoF list, if the value is above the current lowest entry.

Not an earth-shaking bug but it's wasted a bunch of my time as I tried to work out why this was a HOF at all.

Congratulations on your first post in 16 years!! 🥳 🎉

At the time of the VU you mentioned the minimal possible global was 50 ped, but the threshold was lowered to 5 ped around 2014 (I think). And a hof is just a global big enough to get into the current top100. And that's where the catch is - the hof board is not the top100 of all globals for the last 24h, but top100 of those that had a chance to get on the board.

Example. Say at 5:00 the lowest hof on the board is 500 ped. At 5:01 someone gets 490 ped but there is no free spot on the board so that global remains just a global, regardless of the respectable size. At 5:02 some hof on the hof board expires after 24 hours and goes away, now the board has only 99 positions. None of the previous big loots will move into. And the next global, no matter how little it is, will become a hof. Of course if its value is tiny it will be pushed out right away by a next, bigger global, but it still will have its nanosecond of glory.

If you play mostly at busy hours when globals happen back to back you might never get to see it, but if you look at the board at the dead hours, like 3-4am MA on a Monday night, you can witness it go down to 98 or even 97 spots before a global come to fill it.

I understand how the HOF list works and that globals become HOFs if the HOF list doesn't have 100 entries on it. However, for a 5 PED global to be counted as a HOF implies that no one anywhere on any planet in EU globalled for any amount at all for a period of time between this 5 PED "HOF" and the next 50+ PED HOF, even though there were 3 spare slots on the HOF board. I doubt that very much.

Something is wrong with the HOF list. Right at this moment, there are 97 entries on the list. There are globals for 50+ PED happening that aren't being counted as HOFs, even though there are spare slots.

Something is wrong with the HOF list. Right at this moment, there are 97 entries on the list. There are globals for 50+ PED happening that aren't being counted as HOFs, even though there are spare slots.
If that concern you soooo much then i suggest writing a support ticket.
You wont get any secret answers here :)

There were several game updates in that time...1 of them was ..mobs under 500 hp can global also under 50 ped...example yogs on monria starting @5 ped
and the hof was as others also mentioned a hof list reset at that time..

It seems that my comment about the HOF list not containing 100 entries was too obscure for some to relate it to the original post.

I am not looking for secret answers, I'm trying to draw different issues together and see if there is a connection. For example, are Hiryuu Fledgelings incorrectly counted as a separate mob from normal Hiryuu for global/HOF purposes? If not, does a 5-49 PED global count as a HOF for any other mob?

If the HOF list doesn't contain 100 entries, then any global should be added to the list, even those under 50 PED.

When reporting issues to an IT department, it really helps to understand and report the steps required to reproduce the issue, which then helps to point the investigator to the potential root cause. Saying "it's broken" is usually useless.

Edited for gender mismatch, apologize

man ... Milady )amd just noticed, fellow society member) , there is no issue......
HOFs last 24 hours.... then expire.
as one exprire a fresh one enter the list
ANY VALUE is a candidate
i had a 70 ped Hof... the player you linked was even more unlucky..... and got an even smaller big swirl.
all works like it is supposed to..... you can sleep relaxed, the problem is still to be stuck in the wall walking.

Last edited:
This guy is trying to start some drama but failed miserably 🤣

*sigh* I'm not a guy, I'm not trying to start an issue or generate drama. I am trying to determine whether it's normal for a sub-50 PED global to be counted as a HOF. So far, no one has been able to provide any evidence that this has ever occurred before. All we have is quotes of how people think the HOF list is supposed to work. The fact that the minimum threshold for a global was lowered from 50 to 5 PED is not the same thing as the parameters for qualification for the HOF list.

Therefore, it appears that this is an anomaly and that a 5 PED global should not be counted as a HOF.

Thank you all so much for your helpful and insightful posts.

and this is the point where i unwatched the thread
GL with your investigation, Lady
Peace

... For example, are Hiryuu Fledgelings incorrectly counted as a separate mob from normal Hiryuu for global/HOF purposes? If not, does a 5-49 PED global count as a HOF for any other mob? ...

Don't know if the limits are hardcoded or are dependant of the HP, but there are many small mobs like Fouls, Kerb, Argos, which can give a Glob from 10+ or 30+ PED on smaller maturities, and need 50+ PED on higher ones.

The fact that the minimum threshold for a global was lowered from 50 to 5 PED is not the same thing as the parameters for qualification for the HOF list.
You wrong. A HOF is nothing more and nothing less than a global that happened to enter the HOF list because:

There was a empty space on the HOF list OR because the value is higher than the 100º position on the list.

Yes it can happen, me and for sure many other players have testified it over the years. 5ped, 7ped, 10ped etc can be HOF if they happen on the right timing when the HOF list have empty spaces.

*sigh* I'm not a guy, I'm not trying to start an issue or generate drama. I am trying to determine whether it's normal for a sub-50 PED global to be counted as a HOF. So far, no one has been able to provide any evidence that this has ever occurred before. All we have is quotes of how people think the HOF list is supposed to work. The fact that the minimum threshold for a global was lowered from 50 to 5 PED is not the same thing as the parameters for qualification for the HOF list.

Therefore, it appears that this is an anomaly and that a 5 PED global should not be counted as a HOF.

Thank you all so much for your helpful and insightful posts.
Any global can be a HoF

HoF table is programmed to have 100 entries at all time

One entry lasts 24 hours, once the time runs out, it gets removed from the table.

If there isn't 100 entries in the hof table, the next global, be it 5 ped or 50 or 500000 will be entered as an entry in the hall of fame.

If its normal?
Yes, it is normal. It is nothing out of the ordinary. The low (5 pedder or so) HoF entry will not last long in the HoF list though.

There are 2 parameters for a hof list entry

1. if there is a global, and the table is not filled to 100 entries, the global will be a hof.
2. if the loot is bigger than any of the current entries in the hof list, it will enter as a hof and every hof entry below that is "pushed down", and the entry at spot number 100 is then pushed to place 101, which doesnt exist, and it "falls off" the hof board.

If you have any doubts about this, wait for another vanguard event or other boss wave event and watch the hofs push all the "lower" hofs off the list, if this is allowed to go on you will even see GLOBALS at the value of several thousand peds, not being recorded in the Hall of Fame.

What evidence you expect us to give you? Multiple people said its normal to get hof under 50 ped and you still dont accept it.
Like i said, write to game developer and ask them for that "proof", we cant provide what you ask for.

Back