Selling: 55 AUD to lowest offer (reversed auction)

Society
Apocalyptic
Whining Skeptic Aboard
Hi,

I am looking to sell 55AUD today. In order to do this, I decided to try out a new approach. I will in this thread post a new lower price from time to time throughout the day. The first price is:

44,50 PED each, a total of 2447,50.

Now, I might at any time lower the price further. It can be in 10 minutes, an hour or 25 seconds. I might lower it with a few PED or a few hundred. The AUD will then be sold to the first person who posts in the thread and says he or she wants them. A trade is expected to be made tonight between 2000 and 0000.

The idea is that you as a buyer should keep track of the action. To speed up the process you can reply to the thread including the word "PASS". Please only do this if you truly are interested but want a lower price. You then have to decide if you are ready to risk the AUD for a chance to buy them cheaper or if you rather grab them at a higher price.

I will keep lowering until the AUDs are sold no matter where the price ends up.

Happy shopping!

***Sold to Witchblade0815 at 43.00 each.***

Current price: 43.00/AUD - 2365.00 total

History:
15:47 - 43.00 per AUD, 2365.00 total.
15:14 - 43.50 per AUD, 2392.50 total.
15:09 - 43.75 per AUD, 2406.25 total.
14:53 - 44.00 per AUD, 2420.00 total.
14:19 - 44.50 per AUD., 2447.50 total.

Last edited:
Strange concept but. ....

PASS

New price:

44.00 per AUD, total of 2420.00.

New price:

43.75 each, or 2406.25 total.

Ok 39ped each and you have a deal :)

Ok 39ped each and you have a deal :)

Hopefully we find a buyer before that considering there is an order at 41.xx. ;)

Well, let's keep going then. New price:

43.00 per AUD or 2365 in total.

Im buying AUDs @ 43 ped each at twin peaks atm ... :wtg:

yes, i take them all ...

Great. I'll contact you in game as soon as possible, at latest around 20-21 as specified in op

--/--

So with the sale done, I'd like to ask people what they thought of the concept? Completely stupid or does it have potential?

So with the sale done, I'd like to ask people what they thought of the concept? Completely stupid or does it have potential?

Considering the cheapest on auction is 45.99 and auction fee is less than 3 ped, it is a fail.

ps. bit unsure on auction fee for AUD, but would guess it is less than 3 ped.

Watching a forum thread for 1.5 hours or more? It seems only three categories of people have time for that:
- people with access to the internet who however cannot play (those at work ;)),
- street traders,
- people on a 1200+ click AFK crafting run.

Considering the cheapest on auction is 45.99 and auction fee is less than 3 ped, it is a fail.

ps. bit unsure on auction fee for AUD, but would guess it is less than 3 ped.

That's the problem. Cheapest one on auction is still at auction. With other words it is not getting sold. I've had a few at auction last week at 44.00 and 44.50 and it is hard to get a quick sale. Splitting it up to 11 batches would probably have worked but the auction fees would have murdered any gains.

...and didn't I tell you to cheer up? ;)

...and didn't I tell you to cheer up? ;)

Don´t tell me about it, boss just told me that I have to attend a state course on "responsible alcohol serving" 2 day course with an exam (paid hours :) . Restaurants and bars open till 1 at night don´t need it (employees that is), after 6 years of asking for a temp extension on new years eve and easter for an extra hour we finally got it and now all employees needs to get this exam :yay:

Back to topic, isn´t your question a bit skewed as everything sells quickly for a low price? just look at Minim´s recent sell thread and that was high MU items. Btw what is auction fee on 1 AUD and 55 AUD?

Don´t tell me about it, boss just told me that I have to attend a state course on "responsible alcohol serving" 2 day course with an exam (paid hours :) . Restaurants and bars open till 1 at night don´t need it (employees that is), after 6 years of asking for a temp extension on new years eve and easter for an extra hour we finally got it and now all employees needs to get this exam :yay:

Back to topic, isn´t your question a bit skewed as everything sells quickly for a low price? just look at Minim´s recent sell thread and that was high MU items. Btw what is auction fee on 1 AUD and 55 AUD?

Yeah, the idea was a fast sale which of course affects the price but I got somewhat close to current market value. The price of 1 AUD is roughly 3 PED IIRC and for the batch it would have been 10-12. Splitting it up to batches of 5 would have meant a fee somewhere around 50-60 PED.

Yeah, the idea was a fast sale which of course affects the price but I got somewhat close to current market value. The price of 1 AUD is roughly 3 PED IIRC and for the batch it would have been 10-12. Splitting it up to batches of 5 would have meant a fee somewhere around 50-60 PED.

Thanks for answer.

Back