A game worth playing?

Money means different things to different people - so don't judge how much people will pay on entertainment and hobbies based on your own valuation of money. In a thread about "how do you make money with a mothership" akoz posted that he bought his just for fun. Good for him. I bought my Quad for the same reason. Good for me.

EU offers possibilities for every budget -from none at all to all the money in the world. People play for many different reasons, too - we all have our own goals. There is no right or wrong in this, just whatever works for you.

:beerchug:

Miles

Money means different things to different people - so don't judge how much people will pay on entertainment and hobbies based on your own valuation of money. In a thread about "how do you make money with a mothership" akoz posted that he bought his just for fun. Good for him. I bought my Quad for the same reason. Good for me.

EU offers possibilities for every budget -from none at all to all the money in the world. People play for many different reasons, too - we all have our own goals. There is no right or wrong in this, just whatever works for you.

:beerchug:

Miles

agree on this.. shame some ppl dont see it like this.. everyone cant drive ferraris.. but if you really want to then save up, take a bankloan or whatever and go for it.

It's also argument to when people buy holiday homes / go back to the country and price all the local people out of the area.

At which point does a free market become harmful? It can lead to people thinking they just can't compete and giving up or thinking that they've been wasting their time when someone can step in from nowhere and out perform them.

I think the only way most people cope is to become blinkered to whats going on regarding the EU economy and only look at how they're performing and if they're enjoying it. Probably why we lose so many new players, they don't play long enough to get to that stage.

Last edited:
So really, what we need is a regular feature that will let us meet Drone Exterminators. Like say beacons?

Well, beacons are greatly missed for sure.

But I'd like to see some nice UL item drops on regular mobs, not necessarily in huge numbers so it stuffs markup, just enough to make you believe going on a regular hunt you have the chance of finding something special, and so believe that you'll be able to upgrade your equipment slowly. If you'd have told me in 2005 how much I'd play this game in the following 6 years, and that my best usable item loot would be a Boar Helmet, I'd have laughed in disbelief.

Would MA be better or worse off today if a mid-high level armour, like Angel say, dropped in sufficient amounts that it was feasible that a dedicated hunter hunting the right mobs could believe he/she could eventually loot a full set even if it took a decade? For sure, markup would be lower, but is that such a bad thing?

Anyway, heading off-topic sorry. Time to go see what today's update brought us! :D

But I'd like to see some nice UL item drops on regular mobs, not necessarily in huge numbers so it stuffs markup, just enough to make you believe going on a regular hunt you have the chance of finding something special, and so believe that you'll be able to upgrade your equipment slowly. If you'd have told me in 2005 how much I'd play this game in the following 6 years, and that my best usable item loot would be a Boar Helmet, I'd have laughed in disbelief.

This. :wise:

I remember ages ago, I decided I was going to hunt up a suit of Gremlin after having found 2 pieces when hunting... everyone I knew laughed at me.

I ended up buying the rest of the suit of course after months of hunting specific mobs, but getting nothing. Now of course, I wish I hadn't sold that suit.

I think hunting up a suit of armor should not be easy, but it should be an attainable goal for the average player.... Note, that to me the 'average player' is someone with a job and family and budget, not someone with mommy and daddy's trust fund money, no job, and 18 hours a day to play.

I would like to ask everybody to focus on the original question again. Has EU once again "become a game worth playing", and if yes (or no), which changes has caused this?

I would like to ask everybody to focus on the original question again. Has EU once again "become a game worth playing", and if yes (or no), which changes has caused this?

You're asking people to make a decision for you.. that's impossible.

Only You know what you like, what you don't, what you want, what you enjoy.

I'll say this once again.

If you log in, play, and have fun, then it's worth it. :yay:

If not, it's not worth it. :wave:

No one can make up your mind for you. :wise:

No.

Continued delays in game development, along with poor quality control of several aspects of the game finally prompted me to look elsewhere for entertainment.

No.

Continued delays in game development, along with poor quality control of several aspects of the game finally prompted me to look elsewhere for entertainment.

Yet you're still here.........:scratch2:

Yeah how dare people that actually do love the game and concept waiting around hoping MA will dig their head out of their ass and get with the program. How dare we actually wish MA would worry about actually fixing the shit they broke instead of worrying more about new shit they can bug and break. How dare we wish for missing systems only a couple of years late instead of the 700'th PVP area catering to what? 5% of the population of EU?

Yeah you're right Soradin, all that's simply wrong to hope for. I guess we should just all bend over, grab our ankles and say we love it or leave...cause if we're not fanboi's our opinion just don't matter eh?

So sayeth Lord Soradin!

pffft...:handjob:

No.

Wow ouch, come back Chromez0rz, it is getting better, slowly but surely.

Yeah how dare people that actually do love the game and concept waiting around hoping MA will dig their head out of their ass and get with the program []if we're not fanboi's our opinion just don't matter eh?

Yes it matters - to a point. But what gives me a headache is the apparently huge numbers of people who lurk about the forums souring the milk for those of us who do enjoy playing the game - with its faults. This isn't healthy for anyone. They usually have a holier-than-thou attitude, is if their abstinence from the game is justified until the perfect game appears, when in truth, they should have walked away. Honestly don't want to flame here( trying to avoid said error ), but I like to see thoughtful opinion is all.

Best Wishes.

For me this never changed, EU was always a awesome game in my eyes, sure it have alot of
stuff i would like see changed to my "awesome" view but i don't care all that much about it since
i find the path MA is walking is the right one...
For me there was no feature in particulair that made the game better the last few months/the last
year but the entirety of it.

The game have always been good in my eyes but they are slowly but surely proving to me that
the game is yet to enter its high point.

Good hunting,
Zweshi

The answer is the same as its always been.

EU is worth playing to some people, and not worth playing to others. If the game is to your taste, welcome. If its not, then it isn't.

The reasons for both may change as the product matures, but the product was never intended to be for everyone. Some of those who liked it dont now. Some of those who didnt give it a second look 4 years ago are now enjoying themselves within its framework.

I know youre not a noob. Youre a returning player. Play the game for 30 days. Just play it. If you find yourself having fun, then enjoy it and keep the game fun. If you find yourself wanting more then go find it.

I still check this forum (and the Arkadia Forum) waiting for a texture update that will (hopefully) allow me to sell hundreds of peds worth of hides that I collected months ago, rather than simply dump them into the TT. Once that update arrives, I plan to attempt to make my way back through the idiotic PVP fuck fest of Entropia Universe space to Calypso so I can sell out in the larger market there.

Of course, I'm still waiting for MA to implement the patch/update for over... 3 months now?!? :dunce:

Wow ouch, come back Chromez0rz, it is getting better, slowly but surely.

I have recently found far better online MMO gaming entertainment for far less money. :cool:

Amusing....

I think it's funny as hell that someone who has hit a 9k Argo Young is complaining about loot. :lolup: I'm still trying to get more than 253 PED in a single loot, and somehow, I still have fun.

I'm sorry, if I understand you correctly.......... are you saying that your largest single loot was 253 peds since 2005? :scratch2::scratch2:

this is why i think its not worth playing eu anymore
entropia_2011-09-16_18-28-10-13.jpg

entropia_2011-09-16_17-48-02-50_379896.jpg

Well, I've also realized this same phenomenon.... So, I'm adjusting my strategies about this game.... and i'm gonna have fun in my own way :)

You're asking people to make a decision for you.. that's impossible.

Only You know what you like, what you don't, what you want, what you enjoy.

I'll say this once again.

If you log in, play, and have fun, then it's worth it. :yay:

If not, it's not worth it. :wave:

No one can make up your mind for you. :wise:

I am not asking anyone to make a decision for me. Please read the first post again.

there is another point which kill me in this game...

I want a full angel ok ?

price at market for a full set is like ... what ? 25 000 peds ?

do you think, you could loot your own set with cycling 25 000peds ? loot are luck only, you cannot say like minning today i will go for niksarium and selling it for 140%, you cant hunt to get items...

thats why im asking an improved loot system, with more L loot why not with less TT ? if you can loot 3 h400 with 20 peds TT it always better than looting 60 peds of crappy oil ? no ?

paying 130 000peds, 13 000 $ for a MM, for pixels...

You underestimate pixels :). After all, 13000$ in 100$ bills is just a 130 grams of paper and paints. You can spend them for gold and get 250g of soft yellow metal the size of an audio cassette that you can't even eat if you're hungry and can't protect yourself with if you're in danger. Or look at the famous artworks. They're awesome, no doubt, but tens and hundreds of millions for a canvas? That's the uniqueness that sets the prices. So the matter with MMs and some other old time EU/PE items.

The form doesn't matter, it's the meaning that does. And for the new times there are new forms and new meanings. A thousand of bytes can wreak more havok nowadays than a thousand of bullets. And the EU items are not just pixels, they're exactly sets of bytes in the database, the assets of the working economic system, just like the dollars in the economic of the real world, they can gain and lose their value, become depreciated or bring a fortune if used wise. Surely, anything can happen and the game can collapse one day and you pixels will worth nothing. But the same can happen with the real world economic and real currencies and valuables, I hope anyone with sense can see it clearly now.

I still check this forum (and the Arkadia Forum) waiting for a texture update that will (hopefully) allow me to sell hundreds of peds worth of hides that I collected months ago, rather than simply dump them into the TT. Once that update arrives, I plan to attempt to make my way back through the idiotic PVP fuck fest of Entropia Universe space to Calypso so I can sell out in the larger market there.

Of course, I'm still waiting for MA to implement the patch/update for over... 3 months now?!? :dunce:

arkadia_textures.jpg

I thought I saw your textures discovered with this update Chrome. :)

Last edited:
Wollongong,

Come back and play mate, I did and I am a lover and hater of the game and MA :)

Times are improving ;) And it will only get better now they go rid of that lazy arse board of directors and Marco.

Fresh meat at the helm, a bit fragile when stirred but a good man.

PS. Ex-Lavawalker.

Cheers,
Viper

I thought I saw your textures discovered with this update Chrome. :)

Well that is good news, thanks for that Mega... I forgot that they said it should finally happen on the 18th.

I'll log in and put some hides on the market tonight. :smoke:

I'm sorry, if I understand you correctly.......... are you saying that your largest single loot was 253 peds since 2005? :scratch2::scratch2:

Yes, and that was in a team with my wife.

Check tracker. Every team we make has my name in it.. typically "Soradin & Dreganna" or some variation thereof.

I still could not recommend this game with a clear conscious. I still think there are only 2 paths available.. Incredibly boring or incredibly expensive.

True this!

That makes sense.

I hope they eventually get back to the things that would make it worth it to you. :D

Yes, and that was in a team with my wife.

Check tracker. Every team we make has my name in it.. typically "Soradin & Dreganna" or some variation thereof.

To be fair, looking at Tracker suggests you're not exactly cycling PED fast. I actually think if you look at Tracker and find avatars whose Total Global loot is the same or lower than the sum of yours and your team ones, the majority of those avatars will have a lower highest global than 253 PED.

thats why im asking an improved loot system, with more L loot why not with less TT ? if you can loot 3 h400 with 20 peds TT it always better than looting 60 peds of crappy oil ? no ?

If there was too much H400 in loot, its markup would be no better than oil.

Oil isn't too bad anyway. Better than the old gold coins we used to get.

To be fair, looking at Tracker suggests you're not exactly cycling PED fast. I actually think if you look at Tracker and find avatars whose Total Global loot is the same or lower than the sum of yours and your team ones, the majority of those avatars will have a lower highest global than 253 PED.

Or maybe my luck just sucks.... I was going to discuss this further, but it would just take us away from the OPs topic again. Suffice to say it's not like I've played every day since 2005... I've never made a secret of that. I've taken lots of looooong vacations.

Either way, I'm still enjoying myself, and I still think it's worth playing. ;)

Well, beacons are greatly missed for sure.

I used to be very much in the "and I will never loot any of the items everybody talks about anyways" camp, but then a 9 ped rippersnapper loot had a 7 ped Marber Bravo in it :)

Would MA be better or worse off today if a mid-high level armour, like Angel say, dropped in sufficient amounts that it was feasible that a dedicated hunter hunting the right mobs could believe he/she could eventually loot a full set even if it took a decade? For sure, markup would be lower, but is that such a bad thing?

Anyway, heading off-topic sorry. Time to go see what today's update brought us! :D

I have seen these things been asked many times, and in many cases, there seems to have been a loss of vision on MA side on "protecting investment" vs "avatar progression and playability". Invest big for progressing does not seem what a lot of players bought into or are buying into, so ended up affecting playability for those not spending $1K + on armor sets. A bizarre twist in this are the foot guard blueprints and foot guard drops in general.

Some of this might be changing - but its a bit early to say...

Back