A mobile app for tax free trades and chat

kingsel

Old
Goksel Prometheus Yurdakul
I am about to create a mobile app that people can log in and post their stuff there for trade and with a little search option you can find it easily and discuss about to price with the holder. It will have a review system and etc. In future, events will be posted on the app and so on. I was wondering what EU player would think about this idea?

Nice - if you haven’t already have a look at RL garage app…. (Rocket league trading app)

Yeah draniie is right. Just use some different mail or password cause it has nothing to do with EU developers but yeah im planning to do this soon if i can fund it ^^

Nice - if you haven’t already have a look at RL garage app…. (Rocket league trading app)
will be a little bit basic version tho cause as i said its all about funding. i will post some artwork from the app soon and then we will see how it goes

You can name it "at boxes" , though that might be a bit dated.

i will post some ui pictures of what the app could look like in couple days and that publish the patreon page which all funding will be used to crate and maintain the app working

Can you expand more on the review system?
I believe an open and robust system for us to review the actions of our peers safe from moderation is potentially the best weapon this new app could have at its disposal in obtaining critical mass.
All moderation does is protect the feelings of scammers, its a rule of this forum, and that's fine, but I think alot of people will be happy to find a moderation free alternative. Also, no thread locks. If you put something up for sale you better have the balls to have people weigh in on their opinions, no matter how much you dislike them.
Obviously actual damaging content can be moderated, aka death threats, full on abuse, all the -isms and that shit.

Also, I would like to know what your revenue model is. I assume you would be running ads, and if so, please give us an option to disable ads for a 1 time fee.

Last edited:
Sounds against ToS to a degree outside the forum and the AH be sure to review ToS and make sure it follows or risk action :'(

Sounds against ToS to a degree outside the forum and the AH be sure to review ToS and make sure it follows or risk action :'(
If this breaks TOS for bypassing the auction system than so would #calytrade, not to mention the trading communities on discord and other platforms. I think he will be fine.
The only trouble I could potentially see is the use of game assets if he decides to sell this product commercially. Not sure on the copyright laws on that or whether he has gotten Mindarks permission.

If this breaks TOS for bypassing the auction system than so would #calytrade, not to mention the trading communities on discord and other platforms. I think he will be fine.
The only trouble I could potentially see is the use of game assets if he decides to sell this product commercially. Not sure on the copyright laws on that or whether he has gotten Mindarks permission.
I see that but, imo its not worth the risk id rather ask and not jeopardize my account. Since ur example is a channel within the game itself vs an app that avoids the AH and is now tied to one specific account. Again ask them they say yes great screenshot save for records...they say no sounds like not worth the risk lol....

People are morons and don’t read the TOS and assume everything breaches it because, drumroll please… they didn’t read it.

you are 100% in the clear here, although you do need to ask support to fill a form in to use their logo

People are morons and don’t read the TOS and assume everything breaches it because, drumroll please… they didn’t read it.

you are 100% in the clear here, although you do need to ask support to fill a form in to use their logo
Yea we're morons for making sure our accounts that are packed with Real Currency are within the guidelines set forth...Its better to be safe than sorry and not be one of the many many fools that have been banned and now without their funds because of breaking ToS... In a normal game who tf cares?

In this game you might want to be a little more careful since they can shut you down if they feel YOU broke ToS and its better to have a reply of theirs saying its fine and you keeping that for your records than having nothing if it happens and you goto court...ask anyone here lawsuits happen and have happened within many kinds of things with MA... So, again better to be safe than sorry...

Yea we're morons for making sure our accounts that are packed with Real Currency are within the guidelines set forth...Its better to be safe than sorry and not be one of the many many fools that have been banned and now without their funds because of breaking ToS... In a normal game who tf cares?

In this game you might want to be a little more careful since they can shut you down if they feel YOU broke ToS and its better to have a reply of theirs saying its fine and you keeping that for your records than having nothing if it happens and you goto court...ask anyone here lawsuits happen and have happened within many kinds of things with MA... So, again better to be safe than sorry...
Just read the TOS and you’ll know it’s safe, my point isn’t that fearing the TOS is bad my point is you should fully understand it because this is a real money game like you said.

Just read the TOS and you’ll know it’s safe, my point isn’t that fearing the TOS is bad my point is you should fully understand it because this is a real money game like you said.
Then I suppose bypassing the AH from something not supported from MA is open to interpretation im sure that would be an interesting court case if ever was one ><

Player trades are allowed by the eula. It just says ma will not reverse any trades.
All ma cares about is when you do off platform trades such as selling 1000 ped for $80 PayPal. Which this is not

There are too many discord channels which has trade channels in it. So if it is against ToS those channel would already be shut down so far but yeah i dont think its againts the rules. For the logo, I asked the support and still waiting for a reply. One simple logo or name itself dowsnt really matter actually if you know whats that app is used for. Hope i could find some patrons and make this app happen. All the funding will go directly for creation of the app

So the patreon page will be closed after i reach around 500$ in total not monthly. I need fund it so can pay the guy who gonna code the app.
If you support the app even with 5$ you wont see any ads at all. Other than that it still wont be like an ad for each click you make on the app. I dont want people to get frasturated about the app. The chatting part will be in the app and trading in the game. You will be able to search for either items or players so nobody will ever has to spam in trade channels. Whatever you have, it will be in your profile and no chance to miss a trade if you couldnt read #calytrade or any other trade channels
Hold up you said you were going to make it? now someone else?

Hold up you said you were going to make it? now someone else?
i had the idea and need to hire a software engineer for it cause i dont know how to code i might chose wrong words for it

Is it me or does $500 sound exceptionally cheap for app development? Shouldn’t the costs be 100x that? With the target goal of $500, you either won’t be taken seriously in my mind or the expectations for the quality (or lack of) you would get for $500 is so low that nobody would bother investing.
I think you’ll be better off funding this yourself, then recoup your costs through ads or user purchases. I’ve seen too much shit just fall down and go nowhere on these kickstarter sites.

Yea you’ll never get this done for near $500 you’re looking at $20000-50000

its a friend of my cousins and he set the price 5000 Turkish Lira and it is 276,22$ exactly. it was like for basic stuffs. Categories and random item page will cost around 1000 Lira which is 55,24$. I can show every single payment will be done and and the talking between us even tho its Turkish. So yeah its not a scam and it wont cost thousands of dollars ^^

Yes as a software developer $500 seems low. But it is all good if the app is quite simple and if templates are used to go faster.

Also have you looked at the cost for running the database, SSL cost and hosting of the APIs. How much will that run you yearly after the app is live. And yearly fees for the app store as well.

You kind need a continuous income stream to keep up and maintain the app and services. Also how will deal with bugs and features? Hire the same dev or hire another dev to fill in the gap?

Just let me know when your app is done I dont mind putting a link to the app page on EntropiaHub when you ready :D - look forward to to see the process.

In another note how it is different from https://entropiapro.com

Im aware of every cost. The app will have some ads and maybe a promotion page like people can promote their stuff(could be anything related to EU) for a little bit of money. As i keep saying all the funds, any kind of fund include ad revenue will be used to both coding and keep the app alive. Since it will be completely free to use im not gonna make user to be bored of ads you know there are some apps or websites which you see ads in every 3 clicks which is super annoying. Supporters will use the app ad free. Already have the play store thing to publish it there but ios is quite expensive atm so the 2nd goal which is 400$ will probably include ios support too. Yeah its not me whos coding but i still gona say i am trying to create an app for this game which will be pretty usefull imo. Dont look forward to make profit out of it.

Back