A new sort of sweat to help new players?

davidgr1200

Elite
Society
Gloryhound Irregulars
Maxic
The original idea behind sweat was to give new players a chance to play the game and make a small amount of PED before having to deposit. The problem is that because there is so much sweat in the game now the price has dropped considerably. I propose, therefore, a new type of sweat:
This NewSweat drops just like the old sweat and has a tt value the same.
On average half of the sweat you get will be NewSweat and half OldSweat.
The chance of getting NewSweat DECREASES with your sweater level
It has only one use and that is in crafting.
New BPs will be introduced (some available at tt) which use this NewSweat.
The BPs will be for decorative items such as necklaces, armbands, cufflinks etc etc.

This means that new players will be able to collect NewSweat and sell some of it. They will also be able to buy these new BPs and do some crafting.

The old sweat will continue just as before (except only half as much will drop, because the other half will be NewSweat).

Comments?

No, that would just make things more complicated, better give current sweat a use. Many newbies are confused enough with the two types of sweat and three types of ME we have...

Kim is already planning to put in "sweat sinks" in missions:
I plan on introducing "sweat sinks" if you will through the new item consume function being developed for the quest system. There could for example be repeatable quests that can be done once a week that requires some mobs killed, some resource gathered and some sweat turned in.

Also, many MF chips are extremely hard to get (some nearly impossible) since they are only looted. A good idea could be to make them craftable and those blueprints using sweat.

Also, many MF chips are extremely hard to get (some nearly impossible) since they are only looted. A good idea could be to make them craftable and those blueprints using sweat.

signed :wise:

but the missions with sweat sound good too

you'll have to pay with sweat to start a mission? is that what the sweat sinks thing means, or did i misunderstand?

you'll have to pay with sweat to start a mission? is that what the sweat sinks thing means, or did i misunderstand?

No, from what I understand a part of the quest would be to hand over xx sweat to finish it.

No, that would just make things more complicated, better give current sweat a use. Many newbies are confused enough with the two types of sweat and three types of ME we have...

Kim is already planning to put in "sweat sinks" in missions:

Better would be to just go back to one type of Mind Essence and get rid of the other stuff, IMHO

Then if you want to use MF chips, you need to buy something that uses Sweat as an ingredient, and maybe prices go back up a little.

Better would be to just go back to one type of Mind Essence and get rid of the other stuff, IMHO

Then if you want to use MF chips, you need to buy something that uses Sweat as an ingredient, and maybe prices go back up a little.

That would simply make nearly everyone using MF stop using it... just like barely anyone used it before VU10 compared to now.

Meaning nothing would change except a profession that is already at an extreme disadvantage would become even worse and loads of people would leave the game because their main profession was turned from 'bad' to 'crap'.

That would simply make nearly everyone using MF stop using it... just like barely anyone used it before VU10 compared to now.

Meaning nothing would change except a profession that is already at an extreme disadvantage would become even worse and loads of people would leave the game because their main profession was turned from 'bad' to 'crap'.

I don't get that... but okay.

Coming back to find out all the ME I had stockpiled was now basically useless and now I had to buy something new was pretty crappy for me.

I don't get that... but okay.

Coming back to find out all the ME I had stockpiled was now basically useless and now I had to buy something new was pretty crappy for me.

And finally being able to afford using MindForce (something I have done a great deal since it was reimplemented after VU10) because I did not have to pay like 200% for the ammo was great for me. I am sure that almost every single current MF user would stop using it if they had to pay those insane markups for ammo again...

Removing SME and LME would be an extremely shortsighted decision and would be basically useless in terms of raising the sweat price.

EDIT: It would be better for the MF system and for sweaters if new buff chips using regular ME was added than removing SME would be.

Last edited:
And finally being able to afford using MindForce (something I have done a great deal since it was reimplemented after VU10) because I did not have to pay like 200% for the ammo was great for me. I am sure that almost every single current MF user would stop using it if they had to pay those insane markups for ammo again...

Removing SME and LME would be an extremely shortsighted decision and would be basically useless in terms of raising the sweat price.

Hrm.. I don't remember ME being that expensive. :scratch2: But I freely admit that my memory is NOT the best. :confused:

I also didn't have to buy ME for a long time, since Dreganna hit a 100+ PED deposit of Force Nexus way back when. So i guess I just never felt the hit as badly.

Hrm.. I don't remember ME being that expensive. :scratch2: But I freely admit that my memory is NOT the best. :confused:

Currently, the cheapest pile of ME in auction is ~135% and according to the ingame auction data it is 140% for year and 220% for decade at 5.4 million PED sold ever.

Instead of messing around with variables in order to push the price of sweat up, wouldn't be easier if new players just deposited $10-20, tried the game out the way it's meant to be played? If they don't like it the cost is just one months description of WoW, EVE or whatever and since I almost never heard any complaints about those monthly fees why should depositing into EU be such an hardship?
So instead of mindless killing of over-colored monsters for $15 per month why not spend the same amount in Entropia and actually have some use of your brain while playing?

The original idea behind sweat was to give new players a chance to play the game and make a small amount of PED before having to deposit.

Wrong answer. The original idea behind sweat was to give new players a chance to play the game so that their interest would peak enough for them to deposit. That's why there used to be a cap on the amount of sweating you could do. They removed that cap because it was causing too many people to create second avatars.

True , i dont think as many would stay ingame longenough if there wasnt something you could try for free , I certainly wouldnt have deposited in my first week or 2 until i had learned enough of the game , sweating gives you something to do while you learn.

the sweat price will always fall to a very low value! if the price is good this generates more sweaters and more sweat therefore the price comes down , you will never maintain a good price , items created with sweat could never be valuble remember its supply and demand , those cufflinks would be worthless and just get tted , straight from the loot pool and not someones ped card, this is not good.
The problem is the sweat money is incentive enough for some to stay and only focus on sweating and small time tradeing , only interested in getting peds for the time they "play".

On the one hand it enriches the game , on the other it attracts gold farmer mentality

why not do this?.. for every 10k sweat gathered you need to fill out 100 survey questionair forms and click on spammy stuff to earn the game some pennies and "pay your way" this way they arent just leeching (money generated goes to loot pool) .

wouldn't be easier if new players just deposited $10-20, tried the game out the way it's meant to be played?

Best solution to the sweat problem.

Have one kind of ME, from the TT.

Liked the idea about MF chips being craftable; the migration really screwed up the availability of these. Make MF skillers free from chip hunters and sweaters. Liberation now!

New Sweat = No Sweat, of any kind.

Best solution to the sweat problem.

Have one kind of ME, from the TT.

Liked the idea about MF chips being craftable; the migration really screwed up the availability of these. Make MF skillers free from chip hunters and sweaters. Liberation now!

New Sweat = No Sweat, of any kind.

People didn't want to pay markup for ME.. I don't want to pay markup on MF Chips.

Just make those available on TT too. ;)

Back