A Tirade or just Sheer Boredom ... ?

Sakuba

Guardian
Society
Antipodean Army
Milela Sakuba Wilnfe
A little of both I guess. Even these Space Threads have gotten a little dull and dry so let's see if I can spice it up a little.

Firstly on "Space Services"

Don't get me wrong as I am probably just as guilty of this as anyone else may be. Every day that I do the "EFA Scheduled Flight" and I am doing my own spamming for customers the following is my standard Spam/Advertisement.

Spam One:
"Entropia Fleet Alliance Scheduled Warp Flight: 7 PED Passage. Departing 18:30 Ark>Rock>Requests>Caly>Ark. Chat me to be added."

Spam Two:
"Boarding Times (Summons From Planet Arkadia) 18:25 MA and 18:28 MA: Departure Time 18:30 from Arkadia Space Station."

Please Note:I am not really trying to adverise our Service with this post and it does change according to the location of the Ship during the Schedule.

I guarantee you that almost every day after doing this Spam/Advertisement I will get most of the following:

"Is it a Warp Flight "
"How much does it cost?"
Does it go to Planet XYZ ?"
"What time does it leave ?"

...and there are yet other questions along a similar line.

My response to most of them of late has been...
"Did you see my advertisement ?"
More often than not the answer is "Yes"

"Did you actually read it ?"
...and of course the answer to this is usually "No, not really."

I have to sit here like the obvious idiot that I am scratch my head yet again and wonder why the hell did I even put any information in the Advertisement.

Usually after a two minute or so pause I get a message from the potential customer of "Oh I see it now. I just read it."

Really ! Why the hell did you not actually take the time to read it in the first place instead of asking me so many questions when I have ten other people asking the same questions.

While this is frustrating at the time it is happening I can't help but sit back and laugh at it all. As I said earlier I am most likely guilty of doing the same thing when it comes to someone elses Advertisement in regards to other things.

Now for "PIRATES"

I have wanted to say this for a very long timebut I know I am going to get slammed for it. I am NOT a supporter of Pirates. I DO NOT condone Piracy. There are different types of Piracy. You have the outright Pirate who charges in, shoots you down and loots you for any goodies you may be carrying. These are often called "RATS" and are more obvious and not very inconspicuos. They stand out like Rudolphs Nose on Christmas Eve.

Then there are what I would call "Mangy Dog Pirates". These are the ones who lurk in the shadows, hiding anonymously or even pretending to be your friend. Sitting in your "Service Chats" wither ingame or on Web Pages. Watching for customers asking if there are any of your Pilots available. Then as quick as lightning jumpng in and telling those customers they can arrange a pilot for them. Ues, they practice the great game of Industrial Espionage/Commercial Piracy.

I don't care how they want to paint it. ITS STILL PIRACY and these people are the first to accuse everyone else of PIRACY.

RATS
As I have already said I do not support or condone Piracy by the RATS. However it must be said that I do see the need for them. Seriously, without them my customer base would be considerably diminished. In reality I have little to no problem with them being around. I NEED THEM ! Like it or not that is how it is and how I believe it should be.

There is no safe space you say.
Logging off on a Mothership or Privateer is a "bug" you say.

SAFE SPACE IS LOGGING OFF on a Mothership or Privateer !

Don't take my workd for it. Don't listen to what anyone else tells you either. PUT IN YOUR OWN SUPPORt CASE TO MINDArk and ask them. You will discover that their response will be along the following lines:

This is a feature put in place by the Developement Team and is not a bug. However it is under review and may be changed at a later date. Please review upcoming update release notes for any possible changes.

OK I have stirred the pot and even got a couple of things off my chest. Have fun and lets fire it up !

Last edited:
I agree with the majority of your comments. :popcorn:

Solution to spam. Stop spamming. Be more original in how u advertise. Spam is boring as hell to read. As for other stuff... arrrrrrr. there be pirates here. Just the nature of the high seas

The spam when its advertising only on the channel its going to be leaving from, ie leaving from cyrene at 19:30 on the cyrene chat is fine, dont consider it spam really. but some advertise like every 10 minutes in all chats, and as i have all planet chats, except the planet im on in one tab, its pretty annoying and then the avatar joins my ignore list for a while

Solution to spam. Stop spamming. Be more original in how u advertise. Spam is boring as hell to read. As for other stuff... arrrrrrr. there be pirates here. Just the nature of the high seas

Yep, Pirates are People Too.

On Spamming for Flights...

I think this is true for most of the space services in existence:

The EFA has signs up at various supporter locations
The EFA has taken out planet ads
The EFA has put multiple posts in all planet and other EU based forums
The EFA has used Facebook and other Social Media
The EFA has a very informative website, along with voice chat and web chat outside of game

The EFA still has to advertise the flights in all in game channels because people won't read or are too lazy to look stuff up!

Some players only use Rock chat for example, so spam has to happen there before leaving Arkadia because otherwise they miss the flight.

It is maddening, but it is human nature. Feed Me.

Until another solution comes along... that is the way it is I guess.

If you want to see the schedule, hit up www.efa.ms

Well the pirates are why you have a job at all. They are part of your business by chasing customers into using protected mothership services. If they are the rats, then you are the cat and your customers the mice. A comparison with a twist, lol, since they do all the dirty work for you.

I don't mind the advertisement by EFA, its style is concise and informative. The same applies to the other well established space transport services, just to be fair here. I dislike sellers who try to add some useless spin, but mostly these are noobs who come down to earth rather quickly. For the rest there is the ignore button.

But I agree it's damn annoying having to react to the same kind of ignorance over and over again. It's the fate of everyone in retail business. You can only hope that they return and then know better.

The Mangy Dogs also behind closed doors in private chats defame and slander the names of the good honest players. Pirates you can trust to be who they are and they are part of the mechanics of the game. Mangy Dogs slandering, lying and manipulating to steal business from honest folks - Mind Ark never intended that and it is NOT part of game mechanics. The Mangy Dogs should read the TOS if they care to be ethical and fair.

#space_flight ~ Connecting pilots with players traveling through space to other worlds

Solution: Free Interplanetary TPs :tprun:

:laugh: :yup: that would make huge convenience and cost savings Mac

How people would react if Mind Ark brought this about: :yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:

#space_flight ~ connecting pilots with players traveling through space to other worlds

Surprising and funny h9ow much positive there has been so far. I thank you all for your response ... there is still a heart beat of some kind even in Space.

I find it very doubtful that MindArk will ever initiate Teleporters from Planet to Planet. If they did it would not be "Free". More likely it would come at the same cost as it did in the early days of VU10/11. 25 PED one way to F.OM.A. and Crystal Palace (include Monria now) and 4 PED for all other Planets as it was with Rocktropia before Motherships were released.

I would much rather see a huge overhaul of "Space" in general. PVP costs in Space massibily reduced to make it actually feasible for players instead of being exorbitantly ridiculous and out of reach of almost everyone for the non existent returns it has. The once promised "Space Mining" to be introduced. Most importantly - WHERE THE HELL ARE THE LONG AWAITED "SPACE CARGO MISSIONS' that MindArk have already been collectinhg some sizable amounts of PEDs for. I guess it was just someones thought, written on a scrap of paper then thrown into the "Let's rip them a new one waste basket".

I have had some thoughts that are probably way out there on a Planet that has not even been discovered yet. Let's call it the "Planet of Sakubas Insanity"...

Let's have Kesmit Lasers, Mothership and Privateer Guns all use a new type of ammunition. Give it a TT Value of "0.0 PED. Make it "Craftable from materials only found in space that has a TT Value of 0.0 PED. The Materials could be Traded on the Auctions at whatever price the Player Base Valued it at. Standard Auction Fee of 50 PED applies just for placing it on the Auction. Make this Ammunition "NON TRADEABLE".

That is:
You make it - your stuck with it buddy ! So use it or you can sell it to the TT for its value = 0.0 PED.

While we are at it lets have two types of ammunition. Laser Ammunition and Plasma Ammunition. Laser being long range and minimal damage, Plasma being shorter range but greater damage. How to use this different Ammunition ?

Put a couple of new icons in the Action Library ... Lets make it four new icons:

1. Use Gunner Plasma Weapon
2. Use Gunner Laser Weapon
3. Use Asteroid Exploration Projectile Systems. (Mining Probes purchased from the Trade Terminal ideal for this)
4. Use Asteroid Shatter System. (Ammunition crreated the same way as the Laser and Plama Ammunition)

While we are at it lets make something for the Engineering Terminal on the Command Center. Call it a "Gravit0N Tractor Beam". (Gravity 0 to Negative Asteroid Gravel Rescource Collection Tractor Beam) Have it automatically collect rescources that have been groken away from Asteroids with Icon No 4. and store it in the unused Fuel Containers in the Hangar Bay of MotherShips and maybe add one to Privateers. Make these Containers only openable when ship is safely docked at a Space Station or it becomes loot if the Ship is destroyed in combat.

I think I am just rambling now as the onset of insanity caused from sheer boredom is really starting to set in

:tongue2::tongue2::tongue2:

I have to admit that I am both surprised and yet pleasantly pleased that I have not been seriously flamed for my OP.
Sam said:
Well the pirates are why you have a job at all. They are part of your business by chasing customers into using protected mothership services. If they are the rats, then you are the cat and your customers the mice. A comparison with a twist, lol, since they do all the dirty work for you.

I don't mind the advertisement by EFA, its style is concise and informative. The same applies to the other well established space transport services, just to be fair here. I dislike sellers who try to add some useless spin, but mostly these are noobs who come down to earth rather quickly. For the rest there is the ignore button.

But I agree it's damn annoying having to react to the same kind of ignorance over and over again. It's the fate of everyone in retail business. You can only hope that they return and then know better. in that post without Pirates I think my customer base would be somewhat diminished.

I did admit in the OP that without Pirates I feel my customer Base would be somewhat diminished.

Thank you I am glad you see the EFA Advertisiments for what they are meant to be. As concise and as infromative as possible.

The Jetman said:
The spam when its advertising only on the channel its going to be leaving from, ie leaving from cyrene at 19:30 on the cyrene chat is fine, dont consider it spam really. but some advertise like every 10 minutes in all chats, and as i have all planet chats, except the planet im on in one tab, its pretty annoying and then the avatar joins my ignore list for a while

ROFL I actually havel little problem with someone doing this. It tells me that you already know of our Service and if you don't use it then it does not matter. If you bdo use it then you already know how the process workls and are most likely mindful of departure times and locations. We have had one or two people complain that they could not see our advertising /spamming and missed the flight only to realize that they had placed the Boarding Team Leader on ignore at some stage. "oops ! Should haven thought about that a little more before doing it."

The concept behind the advertising is more for the constant flow of newer Players who do not know about our service This would probably be true of anyone spamming any kind of Service - Flight, Trading.Healing. Coloring and Texturing. Building a client / Customer Base is one thing, Maintaining it is just as important. While I kappreciate that what may be considered "Spamming" can be very annoying it is also an important and integral part of any kind of service.

Back