About the elephant in the room

The Mind

Guardian
One Trick Mind
Hello everyone.
Topic of this thread is the multiaccount "trader" on the AH.
As far as i am aware there are, at least, 3 accounts operating, most hours of the day, by the same person.

Each account has specific areas to cover:
1. Trades high level explosive unlinmited BPs, some ores/enmaters and 2 types of components (plastic springs).
2. Used to trade gizmo 8, but got pushed away by another big player. Trades mostly components rn (conductors and few others).
3. Trades animal oils (most types, not all).
4. Probably more.

How it operates:
1. Big stacks always at lowest price.
2. Many small stacks at higher price.
3. Always round stacks or +1/+2 in order to undercut others.
4. Overly aggressive order/offer placement in order to gain full control over the market.

As far as i am aware those accounts trade in between each other quite freely.

My question is:
Do you think MA will do anything about it, like they shut down a very big crafters alt army few years ago, or it will keep going like this for much longer because nothing can be done as long as you provide documents of members of your family per each account?

My question is:
Do you think MA will do anything about it, like they shut down a very big crafters alt army few years ago, or it will keep going like this for much longer because nothing can be done as long as you provide documents of members of your family per each account?
Your use of "do anything" here seems to be a euphemism for presuming guilt without evidence, or presuming guilt even in the face of contrary evidence. If MindArk requires an account holder(s) to provide documentation of their unique identity, they have in fact done something; they've performed at least one component of an investigation into the situation. If you have alternative sources of evidence to warrant your believe that the three accounts are controlled by a single person (as opposed to, i.e., three persons acting toward a shared objective), then you are welcome to provide a detailed account of that evidence in your report, and it may have an impact on MindArk's conclusion.

Your use of "do anything" here seems to be a euphemism for presuming guilt without evidence, or presuming guilt even in the face of contrary evidence. If MindArk requires an account holder(s) to provide documentation of their unique identity, they have in fact done something; they've performed at least one component of an investigation into the situation. If you have alternative sources of evidence to warrant your believe that the three accounts are controlled by a single person (as opposed to, i.e., three persons acting toward a shared objective), then you are welcome to provide a detailed account of that evidence in your report, and it may have an impact on MindArk's conclusion.
Im unable to reach insider info as a user.
Nor it was necesary in the case of the aforementioned crafter. It was based on other players feedback and the same modus operandi for all of the accounts.

Then I suppose you are not aware of any policy violation after all. Calling this the elephant in the room seems like an overdrawn conclusion. Personally, I do numbers 1 - 3 (offer big stacks of items at prices just below all other offers or small stacks at higher prices) all the time, and I have no idea what an overly aggressively auction order even is.

If you don't think the situation has been reported yet, and you find the flags you've mentioned noteworthy, feel free to submit a report, but to answer your initial question, MindArk will not take punitive action against accounts that have provided documentation of their unique identity, unless they have persuasive overriding reasons to conclude they all belong to the same person (player speculation does not constitute a persuasive reason).

Then I suppose you are not aware of any policy violation after all.
Policy is: you can have only 1 account. It is done for obvious reasons as it provides an unfair advantage to the owner.

If you don't think the situation has been reported yet, and you find the flags you've mentioned noteworthy, feel free to submit a report, but to answer your initial question, MindArk will not take punitive action against accounts that have provided documentation of their unique identity, unless they have persuasive overriding reasons to conclude they all belong to the same person (player speculation does not constitute a persuasive reason).
Im not here to demand anything. You missed the point and the title.
My question was: is this the situation that everyone is aware of (hence the elephant in the room). And if so, will they do anything about it?
And if its just my imagination, so be it. But i would like to hear opinions of people i actually see participate on the AH on daily basis. Preferable on the items i mentioned before.

Last edited:
My question was: is this the situation that everyone is aware of (hence the elephant in the room). And if so, will they do anything about it?
And if its just my imagination, so be it. But i would like to see opinions of people i actually see participate on the AH on daily basis. Preferable on the items i mentioned before.
And the answer I gave was that MindArk may investigate on the grounds of such player speculation, but they will not take punitive action on that basis alone, especially when the speculation is disconfirmed by proper documentation of unique identity. But alas, I will drop the matter so that we may elevate the voices of the people you see participating on the AH on a daily basis.

The only right answer here is that if you think someone is breaking the games rules & policies you have to create a support case about it. Giving exact date/time of the incident(s) and avatar name(s) will help you a lot, since support can look at the player activity logs.

Same goes for all the other botting threads, even if you think Mindark will do nothing. And if they indeed do nothing you move forward, adapt and learn to live with it. On very few cases has forum drama helped anyone (maybe when a big exploit is made public... but I can't think of any other instance).

Good luck, merry xmas.

be careful. Rumor has it that if you report something it usually works the opposite way you expect and it creates a magnifying glass for Mindark staff that is aimed at you...

Well there is no way to buy some minerals on order :D and sad part there is no way to win this battle.

As i mention before. I had this problem on simple 2 cond so i put order he put over me and so on. Then i put like lets say 106% a high quant and he dumped on me 6k TT conductors. Im like wtf im doing with that. We had more fights on orders again and i manage to get the order again up to sale my amount as long i was breaking even :D so i dumped on him again all i had and he gave up

Do you think MA will do anything about it,
no

like they shut down a very big crafters alt army few years ago
huh? what when? cant find anything on it

or it will keep going like this for much longer because nothing can be done as long as you provide documents of members of your family per each account?
it will keep going on for as long as they dont investigate or as long as they investigate and dont find proof of foul play

i hope my reply now satisfies the almighty admins of this forum who are quite trigger happy with the delete post button

Well there is no way to buy some minerals on order :D and sad part there is no way to win this battle.

As i mention before. I had this problem on simple 2 cond so i put order he put over me and so on. Then i put like lets say 106% a high quant and he dumped on me 6k TT conductors. Im like wtf im doing with that. We had more fights on orders again and i manage to get the order again up to sale my amount as long i was breaking even :D so i dumped on him again all i had and he gave up
Yes. We talking about the same person. Well, if you go into plastic 2 springs, you will find exactly the same thing, but from 2nd account.
And if you go to kidney oil, there is exactly same thing, but from a 3rd one.

it will keep going on for as long as they dont investigate or as long as they investigate and dont find proof of foul play
They will not find it, because those accounts never withdraw. If you pay attention to youtube (and maybe other platforms) you will see an advertisement, in form of a video, about selling peds for real money via items, that appears, for day or two, and dissapears.
And it has a very familiar discord name in it.

Last edited:
Back