Account application field confusion

Wyrm

Hatchling
Account application field confusion: help please?

The account application is somewhat confusing.

What is MindArk expecting for the following fields?
  • Given name(s)
  • Region of birth
  • Region of residence

If my name is "Jack Tiberius Frost", then would my "given name" be "Jack" or "Jack Tiberius" or "Jack Tiberius Frost"? Since I'm in California, I don't really live in a "region", so do the latter fields apply?

Last edited:
Don't over complicate

Given names is your real name... there should be a place for nickname somewhere else.

Region - put North America then...or Cal?

The Mighty said:
Given names is your real name... there should be a place for nickname somewhere else.
I know, but if my real name is "Jack Tiberius Frost", which names do I enter for that field? Would I leave "Frost" out and only use that as my family name?

Example

Given name(s): Jack Tiberius Frost
Family name: Frost

OR

Given name(s): Jack Tiberius

OR

Given name(s): Jack Frost

OR

Given name(s): Jack

Which format? Unfortunately, the application doesn't provide explicit fields for "First name", "Middle name/initial", and "Last name".

Edit: I used the last format. If that format is incorrect, fault rests with MindArk for inadequate documentation.

Last edited:
given name is the name Given to you (doh..) Jack Tiberius, Frost is your family name... wich is technically is there by default (not given).

If you find knowing your name and where you live confusing, maybe it's a good idea not to play PE ;)

Bedamax said:
If you find knowing your name and where you live confusing, maybe it's a good idea not to play PE ;)
In the U.S., we neither typically use "given name" to refer to our first and middle names nor do we typically use "region" to refer to our State.

Wyrm said:
In the U.S., we neither typically use "given name" to refer to our first and middle names nor do we typically use "region" to refer to our State.
Understandable to an extent, although they are valid English words. I find it equally confusing when US websites insist that I enter a 'State' I mean what the hell is that? :D

Back