Info: Accuracy Enhancer Test

Hatsune Miku

Provider
Society
Suicide Squad ™
Hatsune Xpl0jd Miku
Hello hunters I am conducting a test for my own curiosity and just thought to upload my results here.

I am conducting a test on accuracy enhancers to see if they will really help me be more eco on hunts or not, So what I have planned is to go out and swing my Lokabhu Electrifier Sword amped with a Melee Trauma Amplifier IV.

I will swing it 10,000 times without any enhancers and then 10,000 times with all 5 Tiers with accuracy enhancers.
I will track this with Entropia Tracker Suite.

Also I will not use any taggers or finishers or any weapon at all for the entire 20,000 swings as to get as clear reading as possable.

I am doing this test out of my own curiosity as I see way to many things in this game are misleading so I will be doing this regardless :p

I will update this thread as often as I can, this test might take longer for me than normal as my work is very busy atm :(

Any feedback is 100% welcome here.

GL.

you'l find out you'll crit more then before. :)

Took my x 3 slots accuracy enhancers off when i noticed my avd dmg per shot dropped by a point at least. And with no noticeably higher or increased crit frequency to make up for the one point loss per shot i decided to replace them with range instead. Happy/ish now :D

Last edited:
GL.

you'l find out you'll crit more then before. :)

Well that is what I am expecting but that is not really what I am testing, I am testing to see if it is really worth it counting the cost of the enhancer brake and as DCF stated seems this just might fall into that every going misled pile.

Thanks for the luck :p seems its working loot wise atm hehe

Thank you for this info, how many shots would you say is enough to give a good test on that?

Hard to say but the result after that ~100 enhancer test was pretty close to what i had after another 100-200 enhancers.

Well... Here's my observation on this using Entropia Tracker

Z12 Barbarella + A101 without enhancers 2.94 dpp avg (10s of 1000s of shots)

with 1 acc enhancer 2.96 dpp avg

with 2, 2.97 dpp avg

Just tiered up to three and I am rocking a solid 3.01 dpp.

While I'm not seeing a "noticeable" increase in crits, Entropia Tracker is seeing it. So I am going to have to say they do a little more than cost ped and break.

As far as breakage ratio... that's a tough one because I've seen enhancers last hundreds of shots before one breaks and I've seen them last 1 shot before breaking.

Not impressed with accuracy enhancers on snubnose

I have tier V snubnose and have used damage enhancers but all are broken for a few weeks now. Loaded all five slots with accuracy enhancers and took it for a spin. So amazed at the break rate, lost ten on first full tt run of the gun. With two of those breaking on back to back shots.

subscribing to see if I should revisit this at some point in the future because right now total waste of ped for me

Well... Here's my observation on this using Entropia Tracker

Z12 Barbarella + A101 without enhancers 2.94 dpp avg (10s of 1000s of shots)

with 1 acc enhancer 2.96 dpp avg

with 2, 2.97 dpp avg

Just tiered up to three and I am rocking a solid 3.01 dpp.

While I'm not seeing a "noticeable" increase in crits, Entropia Tracker is seeing it. So I am going to have to say they do a little more than cost ped and break.

As far as breakage ratio... that's a tough one because I've seen enhancers last hundreds of shots before one breaks and I've seen them last 1 shot before breaking.

The formula for the effect on crit rate is well established. Is that dpp counting the markup of enhancers? I imagine not.

The formula for the effect on crit rate is well established. Is that dpp counting the markup of enhancers? I imagine not.

I tend to make my own enhancers with my own materials, so no markup. Entropia Tracker does not factor in enhancers, it just logs what you do and throws results at you. As far as me keeping score past hundredths of a pec, I'm not that anal and you're dipping well into insignificant territory at that point.

And as I said I'm not noticing that I'm getting more crits, but Entropia Tracker is, therefore, I am getting more crits. Difference being one is the naked eye and the other is under a microscope. From (L) guns that I've tiered all the way up, I personally don't notice the extra crits until there's at least 5 tiers worth of enhancers on it.

Just saying, they do increase your eco and enough to counteract evaded shots.

Returns

Dear Doer,

I had a good read of your rather extensive thread on break rate but I am curious to know if during this period you tracked return percentages, armour decay and mark up received etc in your calculations... As I understand it you are/were unmaxed on your imk 2...

I see a lot of posters using limited weapons posting results etc which tbh I have little experience of other than dalliances with damage enhancers but the majority of last year I hunted almost exclusively with acc enhancers tiered 1-5 and eventually 6 on my former igni L1000 UL and then up to tier 7 once I upgraded to a modified LR 53, in both cases using an omegatron 106 amp...

On neither do I use sights or scopes, although at times I have used damage enhancers on both... I can say with certainty there is a significant difference in return between damage enhancers and acc as for the first month or so I used dam exclusively on the igni and it hurt... Hurts a lot less on the LR 53 but then I am hunting larger mobs at times with greater MU....

I have logs available but they include enhancer cost and MU as tt spent, during the igni phase I logged over 96 % tt spent using the above calculations on 50k cycled meaning actual tt return was significantly higher.. Measuring enhancer cost at 3.4.... It improved greatly once I switched to the LR 53, but then again I have mingled dam enh with results at 3.9 % so again over 100 k cycled so again results ie long term results are handi capped...

I intend to use mostly acc enhancers this year though might use dam depending on mobs but am willing to subject my returns/logs to a test if this will help the thread and your over all statistics.. I am moving house. And town at the moment so have less time to hunt for a month or so but would suggest for example 100k cycled using the LR 53 unenhanced vs enhanced.. Monitoring returns... Armour decay? Markup used etc?

Let me know what you think either here pm or in game.. As I said am afk a lot at the moment so don't be alarmed if it takes a while to get a response, I am very interested in this topic though as I use enhancers a lot. Personally I believe they change returns quite drastically though one must also include factors like mobs killed, defence cost etc as by using enhancers these numbers change also and the goal ofc is to reduce cost to kill to theoretical base line through which ever method....

Regards Nut...

I kept a running log of outputs (including markup) and loots (including markup) during that time, yes. In my experience loot varies so much over long time periods that i've never held hope of being able to associate higher or lower return with something as minor as putting on some enhancers; I just wanted to track my overall return throughout my experience.

First I'd like to congratulate you, when I first saw your name on this forum (like 6-8 months ago) it seemd you were just understanding the basics of this game (how skilling works and how does it affect your professions) and now you're doing tests about complicated mechanics of Entropia like how enhancers affect your dpp. If you are an experienced player please don't take this as an offense, I'm just happy there are people who'd like to know how to play this game more efficitently.
What I'd suggest you to do is to calculate the actual dpp of your weapon (with and without enhancers including mu) instead of relying of entropedia statistics.
How to do it?
Kill the same spacies and maturity of mobs for a long time tracking your attack cost (weapon + amp + enhancear decay with mu)
If you kill Longu, Ambulimax or Hogglo youngs for a long time (idk which one would fit you the best dsp) you can track actual dpp quite easily. Just take the IC mission of the particular mob and track how much of them you kill on a run. Multiply the number of kills with the hp of the particular mob maturity and divide it by the cost of weapon + amp + enhancer decay including mu. This will give you the actual dpp you did on the mobs. (If you want to make it more precise take mob hp regen and defense cost in account.)

Gl with your hunt, and please share as much details as you can, I'm highly interested in this topic.

Cheers,
s0me1

PS: Regarding hunt data... the entries in my blog for Iron Challenge missions detail return, defensive costs, etc. The one corresponding to the initial accuracy enhancer data in that other thread is the Longtooth. Overall summary is also here.

Last edited:
Back