Suggestion: Add more gear to the

Ye, thats my point. Because knowing everything you realize how far behind you are with and without that pixel. Way more than you should.

You are not the measure for this case. Only numbers. And, afaik, they are not net negative. And since those weapons are net gain 0, argument of investment wouldnt be valied either.

And thats why a Pixel got a value

While other Pixel got no value

And thats why a Pixel got a value

While other Pixel got no value
Yes, it has. But it should have value not out of lack of any other viable option (that spot should be reserved to few and far between uber items), but due its value in right hands.

Yes, it has. But it should have value not out of lack of any other viable option (that spot should be reserved to few and far between uber items), but due its value in right hands.

It doesn't matter if 10,000 Swine Deluxe TWEN were introduced. The power creep is so large now that only a few folks would be able to obtain these, would sit on them all and try and sell one or two each year for $10k USD.

The game design is broken. MindArk trying to fix by introducing codex skill gains, skill pills, skill buffs, skill buffs from waves, and skill buffs on items to try and get people closer together but they forget it still takes thousands of $ in cycle to skill up to LVL 100 and be "mid level" now.

This is why they call this "Entropia" because they just try thing after thing without any back thought, like the spaghetti on wall analogy and see what sticks and what doesn't they just call this the natural entropy of the game design... Oops make mistake. Patch this, spaghetti code that. Okay, moving in okay direction now. Uh oh, too many people exceeding level we though, better give them new carrot on stick to chase. Oh no, that broke balance for other areas of game. Patch, patch. Oops, another thing broken. Guess we better start over. Here comes UE5.

I said 5 to 8 k but it sold for 24k or something crazy.
Insane you said 5 to 8k when you would know the value of a bc-30 mod. Which is essentially the same item tier.

Or this shows that not even Ubers know the price of every single "important" item.

And if people can't afford something. Go into space, last nights hunt I had 6.66% MU with No luck. Does it take more effort? Yes.

But damn if that MU wasn't awesome to see. Now I want to learn more about the Space mobs, Space weapons.

A lot of their info hasn't been updated since VU 12-15 which is insane!

Insane you said 5 to 8k when you would know the value of a bc-30 mod. Which is essentially the same item tier.

Or this shows that not even Ubers know the price of every single "important" item.
I admit, I have no clue what BC30 is worth, was never on my radar, was too high level when they were introduced, never on blp, never interested to pull but you know those friends that never do a search and prefer to ask instead :D

For every player currently playing theres about 30 pieces of gear that nobody will buy- not because the items are crap but because not many ppl in the current day and age wana spend 300$ a month to play a game and buy a gun for 1000-50k $ so not many new players are progressing thru the game . That kind of busines model drags the game down . And while the world is not fair and not everyone eats with the same spoon maybe it's time for the devs to consider that fact more players playing the actual game will increase MA profits.

I agree with the ultimate conclusion that there should be more copies of a lot of unlimited items, but the reasoning given here leads to some legitimate concerns.

The first concern is that if supply was increased in order to reverse engineer "somewhat okayish prices" without any clearer success metric, especially given this pseudo-populist framing attempting to persuade via an "us (average player) VS them (uber/hoarder/reseller)" mentality rather than a vision or first principle of the Entropia concept, then the mentality would have no less force after the increase, thus calling for another increase, and it is difficult to foretell when or if the process would terminate. Say we 10X supply and prices drop by 70%; why not 10X supply again? The criticism here doesn't prescribe any conditions after which enough supply is enough or have any indication of converging. Thus if we agree that the complete annihilation of supply constraints would be really bad for Entropia, then we might have backward inductive reason to hold out for a more finely-tuned argument.

The second concern is that if MindArk would set even static "somewhat okayish price" thresholds triggering supply increases, then investment could grow far less attractive. Investing may in some cases include what you're labeling as hoarding, but it is in fact vital to the Entropia concept's dual consumption-good/capital-good nature, on which a huge portion of Entropia's fundamental value proposition supervenes. Suppose useful items, quite naturally, tend to find equilibrium prices slightly below their price thresholds. Then anyone who wants to own a useful item should expect it to be priced just below its threshold. This means they are faced with the expectation of bearing market exposure to all of the item's downside potential but very little upside potential. This is acutely detrimental to item ownership as a concept, whether for asset appreciation, use, or any combination thereof.

If instead of prices, we focus on availability, such as via some volume/liquidity threshold, then terminal conditions are more natural; we can criticize the low supply of a particular item insofar as, i.e., a player who demands it cannot expect to find it on the auction or trade channels in a "somewhat okayish" amount of time. You might object that my criticism's invocation of "somewhat okayish" is just as unclear as yours, but that's only partially true. Obviously, if I define it as a player reasonably expecting to find any item they want for sale in Entropia within three months, this is arbitrary in the sense that some may press for one month and others six months, and there's no unique method to adjudicate. However, there is at least some objective lower bound to this arbitrarity that does not threaten to annihilate all supply constraints or hard cap prices; namely, if an item is expected to be perpetually available, then my version of the criticism becomes unambiguously inapplicable. For example, if Garcen Greece spikes up in price but is still widely available, then my version does not deny that this is a legitimate free market outcome or prescribe any intervention; individuals' adaptation to the new market conditions may be classified as a valid vector for skill differentiation. To clarify, I do not claim that an expectation of perpetual availability is the right target for every item. I think some of the rarest items transacting a handful of times per year is probably fine, and there is no need for the supply of common items to be decreased to any such threshold. I just say that no item should be so rare that it effectively goes out of circulation or takes years to find a seller, at least in expectation (there is still the question of to what extent this should be predictively modeled or to what extend it should use actual market activity), and that even if my optimum is overshot by a slippery slope dynamic, there is at least some intrinsic breaking mechanism a bit further out.

With that said, while criticizing availability instead of prices better guards against these very foundational concerns, I'm not sure it does much better at addressing the concern a lot of others seem to be raising, which I think boils down to putting a huge amount of emphasis on the entry barriers created by high prices as a differentiator of players' outcomes. I'm not unsympathetic to this concern, but I think it's being given undue weight, and by an increasing margin over the last year or three. That, and how, players' outcomes are differentiated is extremely important, but putting all of the eggs into a very large, discrete entry barrier seems like an uninspired and pretty lousy approach. Still, it might be wise to pursue new avenues of differentiation before dismissing this concern, as lousy differentiation may be better than no differentiation, and I suspect this will turn out to be a massive task, possibly requiring some restructuring of the planet partner model to incentivize development which looks less like a greedy algorithm aimed at producing a constant stream of immediate gratification, and more like an effort to build on Entropia's fundamental value proposition.

As a reminder there has been 109 new twen weapons added to the game just since the vendor came out. This does not include the first part of twen/armor/faps etc.

Or 525 twen items in total (not couting scopes/sights/amps that are not on entropialife)

That's a lot of items for such a small player base as it is.

The answer isn't just MORE MORE MORE or LESS LESS LESS.

It's to introduce fun and interesting ways or quests or upgrade paths to make this game more enjoyable for the current player base and for more players to join.

Define investment not many things to invest in because - wepaons and armor new items show up and you cant sold items for what you bought them originally then there's the shares which will take a century to return your invemstment at 0.2 pec a week

It doesn't matter if 10,000 Swine Deluxe TWEN were introduced. The power creep is so large now that only a few folks would be able to obtain these, would sit on them all and try and sell one or two each year for $10k USD.

The game design is broken. MindArk trying to fix by introducing codex skill gains, skill pills, skill buffs, skill buffs from waves, and skill buffs on items to try and get people closer together but they forget it still takes thousands of $ in cycle to skill up to LVL 100 and be "mid level" now.

This is why they call this "Entropia" because they just try thing after thing without any back thought, like the spaghetti on wall analogy and see what sticks and what doesn't they just call this the natural entropy of the game design... Oops make mistake. Patch this, spaghetti code that. Okay, moving in okay direction now. Uh oh, too many people exceeding level we though, better give them new carrot on stick to chase. Oh no, that broke balance for other areas of game. Patch, patch. Oops, another thing broken. Guess we better start over. Here comes UE5.
Balancing this system is definitively not easy. Issue is: adding more UL weapons would be the most intrusive way of solving anything:
1. It would directly devalue w/e UL stock there is.
2. It would destroy more and more MU of items that are used to craft limited counterparts rn.

Also, its easy to blame the developer for been clueless, but they clearly understand their game. Just to mention few:
1. Armatrix introduction allowed many new crafters in (me included). Before that, getting into profession was as bad as into hunting rn. Added a lot of value to old components.
2. Widgets are crafted for MU.
3. Nanocube changes were amazing.
4. Tokens instead of item drops.
5. Boxes in loot.

And skill gains (in looter) gives a meaningful progression after you already equipped weapon of your choice and dont aim to change it for a while.
Its, kind of, soulbound equipement. And makes complete sense in this skill system.

Its not all doom and gloom. There are parts that are simply missing:
1. More viable options for low - mid level hunters, so they are actually willing to continue the path of becoming an active member.
2. More ways of loot consumption, that would create more MU on hunting/mining/crafting loot.

Last edited:
Naturally we can guess but MA wise threy ought to start thinking. Make Hunting /Mining avaiable to everyone redo crafting and make hunting loot rare ppl can hunt /mine all they want but not everyone will get lucky to find valuable stuff they can sell to crafters or other hunters. Those who lack the skills can buy skills from MA same with skins and packs avaiable at different time of year. Redo the player owned structures and land let ppl who want to invest in Land homes /factories and % goes to MA. This happens in many other online games and people still spend on average to get new shiny stuff . What our playerbase has forward to is every single cent you put you gonna loose . And that is why population drops. Saying that i do realise it's not a charity and MA wants to make cash but taking a different aproach is what the game needs. Naturally the game will be grindy and shortcuts will be sold but people will have a sence of achivment and put their cash into the game. Right now some don't make it thru that process hunt 2-3 hours loose 500 to1000 ped grind your teeth and go away!

Where did you draw that "ultimat conclussion" from?
From my own cost-benefit analysis of possible scarcity distributions in an ideal Entropia? By "I agree with the ultimate conclusion that there should be more copies of a lot of unlimited items," I just mean that all things considered, I ultimately agree with the TC's conclusion that there should be more copies of a lot of unlimited items, not that the conclusion is some ultimate super saiyan life form, or, you know, https://soundcloud.com/entropiauniverse/the-ultimate

One important factor is the principle that in a game meant to be played over the span of many years or decades (especially, for some contexts, on a single account), permanent consequences of actions and decisions beyond recoverable financial outcome differentials should be minimized, or at least regarded as bearing a high cost on the long-run player experience and requiring of great offsetting benefit to warrant. A more egregious violation of this principle would be untradeable items, especially consumable, (L), or "limited-time offer" untradeable items. There is no sound reason that a player who wants an item, even to decorate their apartment or whatever, should be locked out of obtaining it because they missed some weekend event ten years ago. On the other hand, if the desired item is tradeable and still readily obtainable, but now costs much more than it used to, the player must pay what the market demands even if they regret not buying it sooner; that's a consequence of markets. Items which are tradeable but virtually unobtainable because there are like five copies in the game and they never circulate are kind of in the conceptual middle of the two prior cases. If the player managed to track down an owner and offer ten-million USD, they could technically obtain the item, but they could probably offer MindArk ten-million USD and obtain an untredeable item as well; this isn't really recoverable in any realistic sense. Although it's not necessarily the primary goal of free markets in Entropia, it may also be worth noting that the nice pareto optimality property of markets breaks down when supply is so low that seller act as price makers.

It seems a lot of folks are focusing their arguments on the total number of unlimited weapons, whereas my focus is at the level of the individual item. I grant that low supply is not as problematic for unlimited weapons as it is for, i.e., unlimited blueprints, repair kits, etc., since many weapons have close substitutes, but I also view this state of affairs as far from optimal; I don't think it should be the case that any decent weapon is approximately interchangeable up to bigger number gooder. I'd like to see more variety and complexity in item effects, allowing for more strategic differentiation, and ultimately I'd like to see decent liquidity for buyers with respect to each weapon, not just weapons or Loot 2.0 weapons as a class.

From my own cost-benefit analysis of possible scarcity distributions in an ideal Entropia? By "I agree with the ultimate conclusion that there should be more copies of a lot of unlimited items," I just mean that all things considered, I ultimately agree with the TC's conclusion that there should be more copies of a lot of unlimited items, not that the conclusion is some ultimate super saiyan life form, or, you know, https://soundcloud.com/entropiauniverse/the-ultimate

One important factor is the principle that in a game meant to be played over the span of many years or decades (especially, for some contexts, on a single account), permanent consequences of actions and decisions beyond recoverable financial outcome differentials should be minimized, or at least regarded as bearing a high cost on the long-run player experience and requiring of great offsetting benefit to warrant. A more egregious violation of this principle would be untradeable items, especially consumable, (L), or "limited-time offer" untradeable items. There is no sound reason that a player who wants an item, even to decorate their apartment or whatever, should be locked out of obtaining it because they missed some weekend event ten years ago. On the other hand, if the desired item is tradeable and still readily obtainable, but now costs much more than it used to, the player must pay what the market demands even if they regret not buying it sooner; that's a consequence of markets. Items which are tradeable but virtually unobtainable because there are like five copies in the game and they never circulate are kind of in the conceptual middle of the two prior cases. If the player managed to track down an owner and offer ten-million USD, they could technically obtain the item, but they could probably offer MindArk ten-million USD and obtain an untredeable item as well; this isn't really recoverable in any realistic sense. Although it's not necessarily the primary goal of free markets in Entropia, it may also be worth noting that the nice pareto optimality property of markets breaks down when supply is so low that seller act as price makers.

It seems a lot of folks are focusing their arguments on the total number of unlimited weapons, whereas my focus is at the level of the individual item. I grant that low supply is not as problematic for unlimited weapons as it is for, i.e., unlimited blueprints, repair kits, etc., since many weapons have close substitutes, but I also view this state of affairs as far from optimal; I don't think it should be the case that any decent weapon is approximately interchangeable up to bigger number gooder. I'd like to see more variety and complexity in item effects, allowing for more strategic differentiation, and ultimately I'd like to see decent liquidity for buyers with respect to each weapon, not just weapons or Loot 2.0 weapons as a class.
Most of items, in this game, are tied to supply/demand. Except for weapons 2.0. Those are guided by the rule of "X time of active cycling in margins". Below which people simply refusing to sell (why would they). Adding more copies / creating pseudo diversity, in current format, wont produce any linear impact (till you reach the break point of adding too much and destroying everything).

Also, im not trying to be mean, but you have very plain ideas behind walls of overcomplicated text, that doesnt add any value to its content.
Would you mind, please, to tldr next time you quote me.

Last edited:
Account values are built over time, over many years of playing, or large sums invested depositing or farmed. And usually pleople with account values have been good cutomers to the game, they being destroyed, game dies too. Why is this strange or event an argument? Isn't it obvious that when you earn something you want to keep it because it's yours and you want it to preserve its value?

These suggestions nowadays come from people with very little to no skin in the game, just for the sake of destroying it all not with a plan of starting the game at that point if the items become cheaper enough...
No sane person or with good intentions towards the game would ask of the game to introduce L items widely available that could shortcut many years of game, tens of thousand of dollars, or to make it rain more items hoping the "whales" would let go of their, just so they can jump in and have a go at the game.

It sounds like people are getting mad at the sales and renting threads, not at their results in the game... if renting would not have been an option I would't have progressed in the game at all and I probably would have quit many years ago. Same goes for many people around here. If people have many items for sale it's because good items are not moving that fast and it's the owner's right to do whatever they want with the item, including asking 4.5 gazillion dollars for it and no amount of identical items in the game could move the price a pec lower. Stop it with the salt and looking in other ppls wallets and improve your game if yu want better experience don't just ask for ubers to be destroyed :D It's in human nature to whale if you can, it's just constant improvement and evolution of an avatar... That's the whole point of a game, to improve not just grab quick L and pull out every penny you profit. Isn't what Mindark always said? Invest in yur avatar? :)

Quote from:
Perhaps ppl are feed up watching ybers loot 10 ul 2.0 weapons in TWEN.... how is that fair that 1 avatar loots item worth over 1.000.000PEDS?
And even those individuals have the nerv to say that the game dont give enough and will only play on events and stay away from normal grinding.
Get of the high horse!

I'd like to see Rare tokens taken out of boxes and a change up of stats on generic rings

I feel sorry for the folks who lost 500USD on ares perfected from dec 22 to dec 23

:)

Perhaps ppl are feed up watching ybers loot 10 ul 2.0 weapons in TWEN.... how is that fair that 1 avatar loots item worth over 1.000.000PEDS?
And even those individuals have the nerv to say that the game dont give enough and will only play on events and stay away from normal grinding.
Get of the high horse!
About time to start investing and become one of those players.Put the money into the game and make your way to the top and start loot yourself what you deserve.
About time to put the money where your mouth is.

About time to start investing and become one of those players.Put the money into the game and make your way to the top and start loot yourself what you deserve.
About time to put the money where your mouth is.
Yeah yeah, nice of you too add your toughts.

I feel sorry for the folks who lost 500USD on ares perfected from dec 22 to dec 23
Why? That;s nothing compared to what others have lost. Multiple people predicted a very similar ring of xmas 221 coming into the game (as thats when it happened not dec 22/23)

You can ask Angela Draniie Cloud who i am. He knows.
Pro something. Wasn't your ingame name same as Avatar name? . Please don't make me look through chat logs. Idk what desktop or laptop I was using

ya i was thinking i was off a year but all coincides with rares being put into boxes as well :)

Why? That;s nothing compared to what others have lost. Multiple people predicted a very similar ring of xmas 221 coming into the game (as thats when it happened not dec 22/23)

Luck. It's called luck and luck is when preparation meets opportunity. Why the hell would people be fed up when someone that worked hard and invested a ton of time, has skills and gear, suceeds? Isn't that the whole point of this game? Or did you think it's just pure gambling? Addign way more items to the game will fall in the inventories of people that are prepared for such an event, get prepared then, they will not fall in your lap while you complain on the forums...

New meta is puling ul weapons and sell to others.
Im doing really good in the game, i just want the game to change cuz i dont belive that the goal should be to only do events and pull a weapon from a vendor to be the gameplay.
You are doing really well in the Game ? Then why all the complaining and whining, seems to be a contradiction here. Of course we cannot verify your claim as we don't know your avatar name. Maybe there is a reason for that.

Perhaps ppl are fed up watching ybers loot 10 ul 2.0 weapons in TWEN.... how is that fair that 1 avatar loots item worth over 1.000.000PEDS?
Get of the high horse!

I can't play extended hours every day and I refuse to macro in EU and with that in mind I realize my chances of looting really high end useful items aren't as great as those who position themselves in a way to get more loot opportunities when those items pop up in the loot tables. That doesn't stop me from trying things out and playing this game in my style and at my level. Sometimes good things happen that allow me to re-evaluate my goals and put funds towards improving my avatar and kit. I am happy with some of the things I have looted in the past but I am also just as happy when I set forth a goal to improve my kit or skills and achieve that goal. Farming necessary resources and/or building my PED card to either afford "X" item or improve "X" item is my style of play these days. Sometimes I succeed and other times my impatience gets the best of me but with each improvement I see tangible results otherwise I would spend my game time in SC. On the rare occasion I get an uber-ish item then "Huzzah!" it's the cherry on top but not the whole sundae.

There will always be someone better than me in this game so I don't get my feathers in a ruffle over how they play and what they get unless they are exploiting. I knew I wouldn't have a chance to compete during GR but I did a few runs to blast through the Margurg codex and in the process got a nice HoF which allowed me to tier up equipment without adding external funds to the PED card. My main enjoyment of the game is reliant on my own goals for the most part. When I came back to active play I was in using Adj Musca and loot 1.0 weapons. My skills weren't that great since I sold off big chunks while in University. Today my avatar and kit are better than before I stepped back from active play. This is all due to time, effort, and funds while having fun in the process, because if I'm not having fun then what is the point?

I can't play extended hours every day and I refuse to macro in EU
That's exactly where I'm at. I just don't have the time, but I've invested in my avatar so when I can play, I can succeed. I've checked off multiple bucket list goals this year, some I'd thought would take many more years to go. I don't cycle the most, I don't deposit the most, but I still have a weapon I'm VERY happy with (LR-40 TWEN) and I can do content that I find enjoyable to do and talk about.

AND I'm still learning new things, doing my first major space hunt and I had a blast(even ignoring the insane MU). I'm not saying there's ALWAYS something new to discover, but there are definitely some hidden gems that people don't think about.

People need to stop comparing themselves to others, any level bracket can succeed in the game, but the person themselves has to decide what succeeding is. For me it's generally just consistent solid MU while skilling up and working on Mission Chains with the ped I made.

solution is simple:

1. integrate an official free market rental system (MA can get a small piece of the rental fee)
2. put in system limits: eg. rent out 1 weapon, 1 fap, 1 armor sets,... per avatar

This would especially solve the issue with collateral in rentals, since cld's got removed...

Back