Ads Screens

Elite

Young
Society
Freelancer
The Elite Sniper
When you buy an apartment at genesis, and you buy an ad screen, do you get paid by the advertisers, and if you do, do the ads get directed to your screen, or do advertisers have to come to your ad screen to advertise?

:banana: :tower:

afaik u dont get any income from screens all adds are in same system add screens are afaik only a nice showoff item but it also helps to make your location/store look more professionel

Yup, you don't recieve any cash.

But however, you do raise a good point... If I put an Ad on my shop in real life, I'd expect Advertisment money.

If only you got money from the adverts.
And if only they were lootable as craftable...

Wish i had one, my apartment if full stuff i should sell and cheap furniture from the auction which i live next to.
Its a cool life where I live, pity i cant hunt the mobs there yet.

But anyway, I think MA should put in ad terminals aswell, so we dont need to go to twin peaks or places to make an advert. its pretty laggy where they put the terminals sometimes, and you dont want while doing that, God/MA knows what bugs are lurking around adverts.

Dom_sufc said:
Yup, you don't recieve any cash.

But however, you do raise a good point... If I put an Ad on my shop in real life, I'd expect Advertisment money.
Unless I could use it as a LOCAL add screen and only show my own adds on it :p

arieas said:
If only you got money from the adverts.
And if only they were lootable as craftable...

Wish i had one, my apartment if full stuff i should sell and cheap furniture from the auction which i live next to.
Its a cool life where I live, pity i cant hunt the mobs there yet.

but they are craftable :) and are sold in auction at around 1200ped atm :)

You should be able to find an Ad Terminal in just about any city. Not every TP, but most of the larger cities.

And, while I agree that if you put an Ad Screen in your shop, you should recieve compensation, if it were that way, every shop would have an Ad screen and it would totally defeat the purpose of them. The supposed "better" loots would be spread so thin after paying all the shop owners, there wouldn't be anything left.

Can I just carry one around with me while I hunt?

:D

Rumsponge said:
Can I just carry one around with me while I hunt?

:D

Advertise to the umbranoids and feffoids? Good idea, they need some new clothes and the local community has worn thin, we need new flesh down towns now.
:)

Hmm, but you know, the idea about carrying it isnt crazy, rather clever, pity it wouldent work though.

Someone had some fun with an ad screen as ive found one in the wilderness probably placed by the "Scanning female with the right shoes Lifting up bug"

They 1200 Peds worth ?!
Hmm need a scanner :D

MrWizard said:
And, while I agree that if you put an Ad Screen in your shop, you should recieve compensation, if it were that way, every shop would have an Ad screen and it would totally defeat the purpose of them. The supposed "better" loots would be spread so thin after paying all the shop owners, there wouldn't be anything left.

You seem to be assuming payment would be automatic and fixed for all ad screens regardless of what the ad is or where it is displayed. I think a better formula would be similar to web sites. Modify ad screens to be somewhat interactive. An ad could not be viewed without 'clicking' on it. Each time an avatar viewed that ad, revenue would be generated. The person sponsoring the ad would provide the revenue (perhaps apportioned among ad screens base on views instead of an absolute amount). There would be no loot pool. Or perhaps revenue could be based on how many avatars come within some predefined distance of the screen. There are other ways that a simple fixed amount of revenue per fixed period.

Back