Advanced mining gear, usefull now ?

Zarkii

Mature
I'll started to play a little again after all this new VU and so on.

And back then i was a miner, but now it seems mining has changed a bit, and dunno if its better to use more advanced mining gear?
(back then (1 VU or 2?) it didnt matter if you used the tt gear..)

the new ATH is obtained with tt, so the qty for sure is NOT influenced by level of equipment

kerham - may i ask, how do you know that oil hof wasnt 40k if found with a of105?

Aio said:
kerham - may i ask, how do you know that oil hof wasnt 40k if found with a of105?

because is kinda impossible to find enamtter with an ore finder :laugh:

and he knows the tt finder was used cuz of the screenshots ...

Zarkii said:
I'll started to play a little again after all this new VU and so on.

And back then i was a miner, but now it seems mining has changed a bit, and dunno if its better to use more advanced mining gear?
(back then (1 VU or 2?) it didnt matter if you used the tt gear..)
Just check some stats in auction, and buy that gear that gives you the best stats, and preferably some skill bonus too ;)

Aio, because no such ATH was hit with an 105 so far?

Mostly depends on a combination of skills/tools. If you use an 105 but DIDN'T mastered it, u would get better results with a lower one. As an example, I have mastered TT, of 101, of 102 and of 103. First to give learning bonus is of 104. Best results in terms of number of deposits and tt profit I had with 101.

There.

I think you'll find, no-one has hit an ATH with an mf105 since no-one is using them. If the majority use an mf101, then the majority have a higher probability of getting the ATH with mf101.

And, maybe you didnt have the skills to use a mf105 right? or you did it in different areas?

I would like to see non doctored fair testing before random claims about tt items being better than the higher echelons of crafted items.

Aio, such tests can't be done, because we can't possibly know for sure if, as an example, deposit sizes are the same for all.

Maybe the deposit size is calculated based on mining skills and tool used by a specific avatar when bombing, after that becoming "available" to anyone.

So I fail to see how such tests are possible.

And it seems as children logic to me that, using an instrument which u didn't mastered (i.e. which u get learning skill bonus for), u won't be maximum eficient on its potential.

I stated what ore finders are good for me. Regarding the matter finders, i must use mf tt, 101 and 102 to have best results, on 103 i still have bonus.

So, after a short time, tt is mastered for anyone, therefore being used at max efficiency, therefore better, in average terms, than anyother equipment.

there, i hope my english was clear.

Aio said:

Aio...pls listen now...theres no relation between skills and depositsizes anylonger. It was before not now. Its changed. Get over it...i know im trying to ;)

Concerning finding rarer ore with more skills and better finders is a dream that still doesnt work in the game.~6000 bombs into this VU hasnt given me even 150 peds worth of " rare " ore. I can for sure say that the only sort of proof for it would be Zeframs 800 ped worth of Ignisium but it doesnt seem to uncommon with igni on the market anyway.

I would really like some sort of feedback from Marco on this matter.

Last edited:
strak that post wasnt about skills, it was about the tool used...

we just need confirmation from MA.

Ohh,ok Aio...but we cant see a pattern in tool used and depositsizes either. They really seem random. You get what you get and its a matter of getting it up the cheapest possible way.

Aio, if there is any influence of tools and skills, them must be combined somehow. Maybe. Who knows? I don't

My experience this VU having relativley low mining skills (2k) is that when I use my 05 finders I come up with f-all, and since switching back to tt finder I do better... This didnt used to be the case for me at least, in the past i've got vast depos with 05 finders and noob skills..so I dont have a clear picture of what the deal is anymore....

semdog

Well, it seems even all the uber miners are confused just as much as everyone else. Personally, I still think this is one major Slot Machine they have implemented and it all appears to be about luck.

I so far have not had as much good return on mining as i used to, and the skills, with my understanding of them, still seem to mean nothing at all. Sometimes, Geo, Pros, Survery work and other times they don't or I was just in the right place at the right time.

As for the tools, I have no idea. Maybe I will just go back to using TT tools and see what I get and if my return is any better or just as bad.

Anyway, I still like reading what is being found out about mining and would be interested in seeing MA's opinion on exactly what is going on with this new VU Mining Update?

Back