Ah.. The Good Old Days!

Sam_Panda

Provider
Society
Calypso Rescue Team
Samuel Sam Panda
Aye, just goes to show people saying how bad loot is nowadays, people were saying the same thing years ago. The loot doesn't change, and neither do the people that moan about it.
How about you start playing for entertainment instead? That way it's free - unlike any other MMORPG that I know of.
I always avoid getting into these kind of arguements because I've never been able to understand the people that throw huge amounts of money at this game and lose it all.
I've thrown very little, and as a result lost very little. Certainly much much less than if I would have if I had played a game that I needed to pay for. I'll stick with this and pay if I feel like it, and if I don't, I won't.

Sorry, a bit of a rant there, but people that do that just really bug me.

Things surely have changed, but complaining is from all times.

People will always complain Sam, one way or another.

Mostly because they believe for some reason that they are entitled to the next ATH, or simply get payed while playing.
Wake up folks, i'm the one who'll get the next one :yay:

(i'd wish... lol)

The major change was the intro. of L gear.... loot will always be bad for most

So are you saying: things aren't so bad nowadays?

Or are you saying: things were crap back then, and they still are, so they probably will remain crap forever?

Both are conclusions which could be drawn here :)

Other than that: nice find.

:laugh::laugh::laugh: Nothing has changed! Oh well, best just get on and enjoy playing!

Aye, just goes to show people saying how bad loot is nowadays, people were saying the same thing years ago. The loot doesn't change, and neither do the people that moan about it.
How about you start playing for entertainment instead? That way it's free - unlike any other MMORPG that I know of.
I always avoid getting into these kind of arguements because I've never been able to understand the people that throw huge amounts of money at this game and lose it all.
I've thrown very little, and as a result lost very little. Certainly much much less than if I would have if I had played a game that I needed to pay for. I'll stick with this and pay if I feel like it, and if I don't, I won't.

Sorry, a bit of a rant there, but people that do that just really bug me.

lol, you dont know of any free mmorpgs?

is it just me or are the fanbois getting dumber as time goes on?

finally a thread starter with some sense. :yup:

The thread only has only 2 pages of replies, mostly from two other people, who disagree. Find a better one.

Or show a loot window.

Look mum! ITEMZ!!!

gcs00053zp.jpg

HOFsmall.jpg

I just couldn't resist. This post is for all those old-timers (and not-so-old-timers) who act and talk as if everything used to be so great "back in the day" when loots were "huge" and UL items fell from the sky! :laugh:

Who the f' ever posted here that loots back then were "huge"? That's the whole f'ing point, that hofs were lower, swings were lower and you could dwell around with much lesser budget.

And for your clueless information (and not only clueless, but also stepping in front of the lines and bragging out loud about it) there was actually an event where items were found literally on the ground. Felt from the sky :lolup:

And do you have any data when you talk? Really now. In october 2005 I've unlocked RDA on mermoths @ what it is now Myrene hunting them with ep 40 for about 10 days of my playing time (e.g. 3-4 hours a day). Some EF member (Crys if anybody remembers) offered back then a reward of 1k peds for anybody looting a pair of boar shins (F). I didn't hit that but during respective 10 days I have looted 4 pieces of EP40.

In same line, I liked alot to hunt small fouls north of Fort Troy. Not who knows what runs, 100 peds each, dunno if I ever reached 3k peds rolled on them. But I've looted 5 a104 in the process. And quite more on Atraxes.

Those weren't who knows what shiznits. EP40 was going for say tt+50 maximum and a 104 for tt+30 or so. But them were selling. If not, you could have grab them and actually use them. Study now what markups you get on a few hundreds peds budget.

Yes, you can find more of those threads. But back then it was a tragedy that 100$ didn't lasted for a whole month of hunting atroxes and gokibusagis. Or let's take a mob which wasn't regenned. Longu. That's the difference.

Who the f' ever posted here that loots back then were "huge"? That's the whole f'ing point, that hofs were lower, swings were lower and you could dwell around with much lesser budget.

And for your clueless information (and not only clueless, but also stepping in front of the lines and bragging out loud about it) there was actually an event where items were found literally on the ground. Felt from the sky :lolup:

And do you have any data when you talk? Really now. In october 2005 I've unlocked RDA on mermoths @ what it is now Myrene hunting them with ep 40 for about 10 days of my playing time (e.g. 3-4 hours a day). Some EF member (Crys if anybody remembers) offered back then a reward of 1k peds for anybody looting a pair of boar shins (F). I didn't hit that but during respective 10 days I have looted 4 pieces of EP40.

In same line, I liked alot to hunt small fouls north of Fort Troy. Not who knows what runs, 100 peds each, dunno if I ever reached 3k peds rolled on them. But I've looted 5 a104 in the process. And quite more on Atraxes.

Those weren't who knows what shiznits. EP40 was going for say tt+50 maximum and a 104 for tt+30 or so. But them were selling. If not, you could have grab them and actually use them. Study now what markups you get on a few hundreds peds budget.

Yes, you can find more of those threads. But back then it was a tragedy that 100$ didn't lasted for a whole month of hunting atroxes and gokibusagis. Or let's take a mob which wasn't regenned. Longu. That's the difference.

... second that. I was here during a time loot had changed to average size tt hofs. It was still ok. In 2 years time, the stakes were raised as maybe more and more slackers started milking the cow and MA saw its cow could be fed by even more.

agree to 100%.. I had so many a103's in my storage that I wanted to tt them all.. luckily I only tt'ed a few :)

longu and atrax and fouls gave me alot of a104's and I never really hunted them..

ep40 from armax a few times..

a105 from atrox..

all using a mk2 or opalo with a105.. skilling was basicly free for me.. using opalo+a105 until I had 5000 rifle..

Question is how you define "Bad Loot"...

When i joined 2006 there was "Bad Loot" too... Compared to today, the loot was actually quite ok... Or: Today the loot totaly sucks.

hey i just started playing,but i have noticed a few things that are pretty silly..yesterday.. i think a low level merp and a combibo were the leaders on the daily ath for awhile..this is just plain silly..newb mobs oughta be capped at 50 ped loot and spread out a bit more..a 20 to 30 ped hit on noob mobs is a very nice hit and if more people got them more often people likely to stay hooked better. it seems high level hunting is awfully expensive and i don't think people like me with less than 1k ped invested need a payout like that.. it should scale alot better than it does now..and another thing i see is even though i have only invested i think 60 bucks so far..i still have 30 or so left not counting skills and i been playing a little under 2 months and have proffesion level 13 in sniper but everytime i step up to use a L weapon and hunt higher i make every thing back EXCEPT price of weapon the exception was one global on argos th first time i tried them.. i think i made 30 ped on a on a 1500 shot run..i don' think loot was/is balanced for limited weapons but seems fine at opalo ranged mobs and i think the jackpot loots need to be scaled alot better than they are now. so i will keep cycling peds on exs and combibos and skillin for basically free till somethin changes or i hit one of those silly low level aths

lol, you dont know of any free mmorpgs?

is it just me or are the fanbois getting dumber as time goes on?

I'll actually take that one on the chin because I genuinly didn't. I only discovered they exsist a couple of days ago, and even tried one of them - Dead Frontier - but seems very simplistic compared to the likes of Entropia. Maybe some of the other free ones have a higher level of complexity but I doubt it.

I object to being called a Fanboi though - I don't like this game much and spend only about 5 hours a month in it. I wasn't protecting the game, I was attacking the whiners who stupidly throw insane amounts of money at it thinking it's an "investment" and then complain because they lose it all.

Wake up folks, i'm the one who'll get the next one :yay:

(i'd wish... lol)

Well Manny, Just remember I charge a HOF surcharge. LOL it should be mine all mine....

I think the thing you're missing is that while it was pretty shit in 2005, it's even shitter now.

Here, I drew a piccy to explain:

The fact that PE is still an amazing game to play, makes it even more apparent just HOW GOOD it could have been without MA's constant "oh shit, we blew it again" moments.

(Think item droprate limits, (L) items, removal of oldschool items, the complete dropping of storyline between 2004->FPC, CE2 implementation, complete lack of testing, etc etc etc)...

hey i just started playing,but i have noticed a few things that are pretty silly..yesterday.. i think a low level merp and a combibo were the leaders on the daily ath for awhile..this is just plain silly..newb mobs oughta be capped at 50 ped loot and spread out a bit more..a 20 to 30 ped hit on noob mobs is a very nice hit and if more people got them more often people likely to stay hooked better. it seems high level hunting is awfully expensive and i don't think people like me with less than 1k ped invested need a payout like that.. it should scale alot better than it does now..and another thing i see is even though i have only invested i think 60 bucks so far..i still have 30 or so left not counting skills and i been playing a little under 2 months and have proffesion level 13 in sniper but everytime i step up to use a L weapon and hunt higher i make every thing back EXCEPT price of weapon the exception was one global on argos th first time i tried them.. i think i made 30 ped on a on a 1500 shot run..i don' think loot was/is balanced for limited weapons but seems fine at opalo ranged mobs and i think the jackpot loots need to be scaled alot better than they are now. so i will keep cycling peds on exs and combibos and skillin for basically free till somethin changes or i hit one of those silly low level aths

You see, you're using logic. This is something MA does not have.

Completely agree with Kerham!
I also just want to say that I have never complained, playing is my fun period, win or lose.

I wonder if anyone would buy an avatar now a days?

Completely agree with Kerham!
I also just want to say that I have never complained, playing is my fun period, win or lose.

I wonder if anyone would buy an avatar now a days?

ask stormer :laugh:

Back