Suggestion: ALLOW 101% REPAIRING WITH UNIVERSAL AMMO

Status

aVaLON_52

Elite
Society
ᴄʀɪᴍꜱᴏɴ ᴅᴇᴠɪʟꜱ
Avalon Butterfly Erupter
There is an imbalance here.
Shrapnel drops in loot frequently. It turns into universal ammo at a 101% conversion rate.
This universal ammo only benefits players who expend it via mining or hunting with weapons that consume universal ammo.
Melee users are left to sell their shrapnel at TT or rates less than 101%.

They are left at a disadvantage in this scenario.

To restore the balance I am suggesting enabling a feature in the repair terminal that allows users to repair with shrapnel or universal ammo to take advantage of the 101%.

If in favor reply +1
If not in favor reply -1

Comments are welcome, please keep the thread clean.
Thank you for your participation

Last edited:
I don't see this happening - although they could maybe prevent exploitation of this by white listing some weapons for this. Reason being is that you could liquidate some of the universal ammo by repairing melee weapons and then TTing them. I do agree that this should be rebalanced - but this could just be done by making melee consume universal ammo across the board instead of implementing a repair mechanic.

No, its always been this way and is a consideration in valueing melee weapons, you cant just devalue Melee weapons that use Ammo buy making Shrap available for repairs.

I don't see this happening - although they could maybe prevent exploitation of this by white listing some weapons for this. Reason being is that you could liquidate some of the universal ammo by repairing melee weapons and then TTing them. I do agree that this should be rebalanced - but this could just be done by making melee consume universal ammo across the board instead of implementing a repair mechanic.

I agree with Atomic.. wont happen, probably fairer to make all Melee consume ammo

+1
or add ammo to all melee ;)

+1

Agree with the consensus here that melee should use ammo, not that shrap should be used for repairs.

Last edited:
No, its always been this way and is a consideration in valueing melee weapons, you cant just devalue Melee weapons that use Ammo buy making Shrap available for repairs.
It hasn't always been this way.
Shrapnel never used to be a thing. It was introduced without any consideration to melee.

There are melee weapons that use ammo, so someone has considered it.
Some melee weapons use ammo and some don't by design. Messing this up after the introduction is a massive balance change.

+1

Don't see it happening & agree making all melee weapons use ammo is a better fix, though it may require adjustments to offset any balance changes that were originally intended to be there, it should be done in a way that has zero net advantages, just purely convenience.

If you want to ask questions like this, make a poll. Thread locked for bump "farming" and excessive frivolous posts.

Status
Back