Suggestion: Allow Participants to Submit Project Proposals as Deeds on the Entropia Exchange

• Thread starter Deleted member 58836
  • Start date

Allow Participants to Submit Project Proposals as Deeds on the Entropia Exchange

• Total voters
D

Deleted member 58836

Hi!

I have a lot of ideas and I just can't figure out where or how to properly communicate them. Perhaps this is me learning. Not long ago, I had a number of ideas about how to improve Entropia Universe and reached out wanting to touch base with someone at MindArk to float a few of them as they would have best been revealed with a launch date. Then, while I was writing them down in my notebook, I realized that it's not about communicating my ideas, it's really about the money needed to fund my ideas. Once I have a bit of money, I can use it to have other talented folks move my ideas to reality by creating a prototype. Then I'd be able to convince more folks to invest as the prototype's functionality should impress. It's sometimes hard to understand how cool a feature would be without testing it. Afterwards, if the community likes what is shown/implemented/etc then further round of investment can take place to cover the remaining budget and complete the project with design and QoL/Bug fixes.

How does this look?

• Within the Entropia Exchange User Interface a Participant would be able to click a "Create Proposal" button

• They would be prompted with a form to fill out based on what the internal development teams need for how they internally manage projects briefs/etc

• Once they submit their proposal, a MindArk Project Manager will review the proposal and perform a Budget Assessment

• After a Budget is set, a Deed is created in the Entropia Exchange and 25% of the Project Budget assigned to be funded

• Once 25% of the Project Budget is funded by Participants purchasing deeds, a prototype is made and shown to the community

• The community can then review the prototype and based on the reviews the project will continue or end

• When the project continues, another 50% of the Project Budget is released as Deeds and when funded the prototype is introduced to the Entropia Universe

• Another round of reviews takes places the remaining 25% of the Project Budget is released and any bugs, QoL fixes, suggestions, tweaks and the final design are applied and the project transitions to being complete

Can a Proposal be denied?

• No, a Proposal should not be denied but MindArk should do what they can to provide a budget if the proposal is properly submitted.

What happens if a Proposal is denied?

• MindArk should provide some reasoning as to why the project was denied and how it can be amended in order to be re-submitted.

What happens if a project is not funded at any stage before completion?

• Each Project should have an expiry date based on MindArk's internal project management methodology and if not completely funded the Deed holders should be returned their investment for the stage that was not completed. No investments are returned for completed stages.

Please note that each Project should include a Method for Revenue. What is a Method for Revenue? A way for the project to provide MindArk and Deed Holders income through the Features use. Bug Fixes/Quality of Life Fixes will not require a Method for Revenue but adding a Method for Revenue to existing Features could be considered!

As an example, one of the the Projects I was planning to submit is to create a Society Section of the Auction where Society Members can list Offers and Orders for Society Members where the Auction Fee, at a reduced rate, would be the Method for Revenue that would pay MindArk and Deed Holders.

I hope this short but interesting idea is a catalyst to ignite yours.

Aren't we already paying 50% of what we invest in game for development? You suggest that we invest even more for this useless group of so called engineers?

Hi!

I have a lot of ideas and I just can't figure out where or how to properly communicate them. Perhaps this is me learning.
Yes, it is partly you communicating, but also Mindark's lack of communications back. Honestly, aiming at communicating with Mindark directly as a Participant is a bad idea. Aim at the Planet Partners that listen. For instance on Cyrene Forum there was recently a very detailed ask me anything session that they are currently working on responses to.

Toulan community seems to be open to ideas.

Arkadia and Rocktropia development seem to be stalled completely. Next Island is close to the same status but they are trying a little here and there when they aren't off lollygagging staying offline for weeks or months at a time...

I've personally got a few ideas implemented over the last couple of years by using forums on each of those directly and indirectly....
hence we now have a Duster Station TP on Cyrene, Maze Hammers that weigh about 1/9th the weight they used to, a maze boss that actually gives loot, a taming mission for low level pet on Toulan, and a few other things that I personally put the buzz in Planet Partner's ears about via forum.

Not long ago, I had a number of ideas about how to improve Entropia Universe and reached out wanting to touch base with someone at MindArk to float a few of them as they would have best been revealed with a launch date. Then, while I was writing them down in my notebook, I realized that it's not about communicating my ideas, it's really about the money needed to fund my ideas. Once I have a bit of money, I can use it to have other talented folks move my ideas to reality by creating a prototype.
Yep, don't propose any ideas til you do have the funds. If you cannot fund it yourself propose it to Planet Partners who do have the funds and ability to actually implement something.
Then I'd be able to convince more folks to invest as the prototype's functionality should impress. It's sometimes hard to understand how cool a feature would be without testing it.
Mindark has a long history of not properly testing anything... which is why so many Mayhem type events get stopped mid-event or scores get recalculated, etc. Don't expect any idea in this sandbox to ever be fully tested.

Afterwards, if the community likes what is shown/implemented/etc then further round of investment can take place to cover the remaining budget and complete the project with design and QoL/Bug fixes.
You want the community to finance your uncompleted vision? We've already done that enough with Compets. Go somewhere else to find a go fund me page. This isn't the place for those type of things.

Back