Alternative to fraps

Dragoon

Guardian
Dragoon
I recently changed to windows 8.1 and can't get fraps to install.

What alternatives do people use to record and take in-game screenshots?

Fraps works fine for me with win8.1

maybe entropialife.com - Tracker for screen-shot's?
I do not get it to work (black screens in fullscreen) on WIN 8.1 but maybe it will work for you?

I use LoiLo, but it doesn't do multichannel sound and also, you can't see the mouse cursor either.

I use Open Broadcaster for streaming but I don't rate it for plain record, although I should probably play with it a bit more.

I tried DXtory, as Star uses it, but it struggled to write to the disk at a reasonable rate, where the other applications did ok, although I'm going to try it writing to my SSD and see if that improves things.

EDIT... oops you said screenshots, sorry, went off on a tangent! I would use Entropia Tracker also.

I've done mining streams before and I also used Open Broacaster but in combination with raptr twitch. The quality was pretty good to be honest.

The reason I used the raptr OB combo was down to all the issues with "windows black screens" in full screen mode using other software such as fraps and bandicam.

Although Fraps works perfectly for me on Win 8.1, I recently switched to MSI Afterburner - unlike Fraps, it doesn't stop recording when you alt-tab in fullscreen mode or if game's window loses focus in windowed mode.

Back