Any chance for a noob in easter mayhem ?

Could use one. I'm getting tired of hearing how math has nothing to do with limited time events, how bigger ped card does not buy you bigger dps and how bigger dps has nothing to do with winning events, since it's all about personal skill.

Man, I wish I was skilled enough to pull 1kk/dps out of a 12$ gun. Seems like ubers can do it and we common folks are just not skilled enough :eyecrazy:

Could use one. I'm getting tired of hearing how math has nothing to do with limited time events, how bigger ped card does not buy you bigger dps and how bigger dps has nothing to do with winning events, since it's all about personal skill.

Man, I wish I was skilled enough to pull 1kk/dps out of a 12$ gun. Seems like ubers can do it and we common folks are just not skilled enough :eyecrazy:

Winners win, losers find excuses.
Learn the rules and then choose a side.

compare entropia with MOBA and FPS. :jawdrop::laugh:

Why not, seems legit? Didn't they say ubers are more skilled? Isnt that the reason they are winning events? :lolup:

Winners win, losers find excuses.
Learn the rules and then choose a side.

Go participate with imk2 and win next Mayhem.

Arent you skilled enough to play on even playfield? How about I bring a gun to a fistfight and win and say you lost because you are not skilled enough? :lolup:

PS! Some fists have more dps than guns.

Why not, seems legit? Didn't they say ubers are more skilled? Isnt that the reason they are winning events? :lolup:
i didnt know counter strike have auto win fiture. thanks :D

Go participate with imk2 and win next Mayhem.

Arent you skilled enough to play on even playfield? How about I bring a gun to a fistfight and win and say you lost because you are not skilled enough? :lolup:

PS! Some fists have more dps than guns.

Last time I watched a competition opponents didn't discuss in advance to debate on what guns or tactics they should use.They just compete how the felt like and there was only 1 winner.
Why do you want to change the rules?

Am I missing something? I thought this game was MMORPG, not a MOBA or RTS or any other "esports" competitive game. Of course, someone who has put in time and money in the game will win these events, as with all the other MMORPGs. Even games like WoW, how do you win if you have a shit lvl 50 gear against someone who has max lvl gear? The lvl 50 character could have so called "godlike mechanics and skills" but he will never match up against fully geared character. That's just the nature of MMORPG.

Now, this being a real money based game, the actual difference in skill comes from how you manage your bankroll IMO. It's just fundamentally different game from all the other games, and that's exactly what's so special about Entropia Universe. In the end, this game is how you make it to be, whether it's trying to profit, skill up as fast as possible, socialize, setting a specific goal for yourself, etc. This game's goal isn't about winning an event.

Events are made so people can have fun, and if you aren't having fun, you're not forced to participate in it :) And of course, I do believe low end gear can still win, but just require A LOT of luck :p It isn't impossible. It may be 0.000001%, but it isn't 0% ^^

If you want a high skill based game, go play CSGO, Dota, League, or Starcraft. If you want a real money based MMORPG, this game provides that.

Last time I watched a competition opponents didn't discuss in advance to debate on what guns or tactics they should use.They just compete how the felt like and there was only 1 winner.
Why do you want to change the rules?

How they felt they like?

And you felt that your skill isnt enough to win, so you bring terminator? Did Star win with imk? Or Modmerc? Or Joda?

How about you go and win event with 30% less DPS and prove you have better skills? How about you can't because it's so fucking simple I don't even understand why there is an argument about it :laugh:

EDIT: Sorry checked wrong mayhem results, fixed

Last edited:
Am I missing something? I thought this game was MMORPG, not a MOBA or RTS or any other "esports" competitive game. Of course, someone who has put in time and money in the game will win these events, as with all the other MMORPGs. Even games like WoW, how do you win if you have a shit lvl 50 gear against someone who has max lvl gear? The lvl 50 character could have so called "godlike mechanics and skills" but he will never match up against fully geared character. That's just the nature of MMORPG.

Now, this being a real money based game, the actual difference in skill comes from how you manage your bankroll IMO. It's just fundamentally different game from all the other games, and that's exactly what's so special about Entropia Universe. In the end, this game is how you make it to be, whether it's trying to profit, skill up as fast as possible, socialize, setting a specific goal for yourself, etc. This game's goal isn't about winning an event.

Events are made so people can have fun, and if you aren't having fun, you're not forced to participate in it :) And of course, I do believe low end gear can still win, but just require A LOT of luck :p It isn't impossible. It may be 0.000001%, but it isn't 0% ^^

If you want a high skill based game, go play CSGO, Dota, League, or Starcraft. If you want a real money based MMORPG, this game provides that.

We are discussing the point of PED/items having nothing to do with winning events, skill is. That is what beeing said.

It's been said quite a few times that some players arent "skilled enough" to compete on events, while I say skill has absolutely zero to do with event winning.

How they accumulated those items to win events, has nothing to do with event itself. Event is time limited, highest dps wins 20 hour run. Unless you are super lucky, again no skill involved, you have absolutely no chance to win.

On other hand, people argue that they win because they are more skillful. Nothing to do with best gear they use, they just have better skills.

Oh yeah, also, MA did put skill based mode in this game. It's called Battle Simulator. If you want to eliminate any gear differences and really have a competition based on skills, go play in it and be a #1 please :) I heard they also give out prizes based on your ranking ^^

Oh yeah, also, MA did put skill based mode in this game. It's called Battle Simulator. If you want to eliminate any gear differences and really have a competition based on skills, go play in it and be a #1 please :) I heard they also give out prizes based on your ranking ^^

None of the skilled event winning ubers are playing it though :)

I don't really understand what "better skilled" means now... I mean they win events because they have better personal skills. They hunt a lot, circulate millions of peds and are in top entropialife, because they have more skills.

Yet they can't seem to win a very simple BS, that mostly requires coordination/dexterity.

I guess their event winning skills is something magical that is only usable in cat5.

EDIT: Will see when 2000 PED use own gear cat5 BS launches.

We are discussing the point of PED/items having nothing to do with winning events, skill is. That is what beeing said.

It's been said quite a few times that some players arent "skilled enough" to compete on events, while I say skill has absolutely zero to do with event winning.

How they accumulated those items to win events, has nothing to do with event itself. Event is time limited, highest dps wins 20 hour run. Unless you are super lucky, again no skill involved, you have absolutely no chance to win.

On other hand, people argue that they win because they are more skillful. Nothing to do with best gear they use, they just have better skills.

Okay well I did read back on where this whole shit started, and it seems like you think that being uber means having a fat credit card. Lets begin there. Let's say Average Joe had EXACTLY same amount of deposits and even EXACTLY same loots from strongboxes and whatnot. Completely equal footing as messi. However, Average Joe does not know anything about this game. Do you think he can still skill upto the same level and gear as him given the same amount of resources? My answer would be NO, because he does not have the same skill as messi on being able to manage his bankroll to get to the top.

Am I wrong?

Okay well I did read back on where this whole shit started, and it seems like you think that being uber means having a fat credit card. Lets begin there. Let's say Average Joe had EXACTLY same amount of deposits and even EXACTLY same loots from strongboxes and whatnot. Completely equal footing as messi. However, Average Joe does not know anything about this game. Do you think he can still skill upto the same level and gear as him given the same amount of resources? My answer would be NO, because he does not have the same skill as messi on being able to manage his bankroll to get to the top.

Am I wrong?

Getting there was not the point of discussion. Winning events because you are more skilled was.

Maybe we lost it somewhere a little, but I know we did discuss that avarage Joe with 15$ monthly fee would not win events. Never ever would that be possible no matter how much skill he has.

Messi does not track his loots, we don't know if he got there eco. I mean with gear he has, you have to be a damn monkey to not play eco, but still he does circulate a lot and I'm not going to discuss if he is making a living from Entropia or requires any regular deposits (besides looting event rings for $$) anymore. That's personal stuff.

Our point is events and skills involved winning them. And I say Messi has as much skill as any other 200+ ppl playing this game and any of those people can win events with the correct setup. No personal skill involved.

EDIT: 200+ is a random number I made up. It's probably bigger, most certainly is.

Nope. Couldn't find anywhere on this thread where someone said these events require actual skill to win. No one said that. You brought it up yourself saying having fat credit card makes everything possible. Which everyone else is disagreeing on.

Edit: Having fat credit card does make this game easier to get to uber and even win events. But that does not mean everything is possible like knowing which mob to hunt and what to do with the loots.

Nope. Couldn't find anywhere on this thread where someone said these events require actual skill to win. No one said that. You brought it up yourself saying having fat credit card makes everything possible. Which everyone else is disagreeing on.

Didnt start in this thread.

I did post to his evicerator talk though. I'm sure his mentor and he himself are doing it all for free and credit card had nothing to do with it.

EDIT: Ubers probably also conjure rings out of thin air, because of their skills.

This is going to personal anyway, let's stop it there.

It's a skill to play this game for free @ highest level possible, uber levels. It's a skill to get there for free. It's a skill to make a living from Entropia without a single $ deposited.

But cut the bullshit about most expensive items in game has nothing to do with winning events, personal skill is. If you got those items for free, very fucking industrious and skillful!

This is going to personal anyway, let's stop it there.

It's a skill to play this game for free @ highest level possible, uber levels. It's a skill to get there for free. It's a skill to make a living from Entropia without a single $ deposited.

But cut the bullshit about most expensive items in game has nothing to do with winning events, personal skill is. If you got those items for free, very fucking industrious and skillful!

Real Cash MMO anyone?

I've seen some people in instances with top gear but not doing it as well as they could, it's not 100% just dps all the time. But yeah you basically need to be in the top 5% dps, maybe just 10% if you get lucky.

Getting there was not the point of discussion. Winning events because you are more skilled was.

Maybe we lost it somewhere a little, but I know we did discuss that avarage Joe with 15$ monthly fee would not win events. Never ever would that be possible no matter how much skill he has.

Messi does not track his loots, we don't know if he got there eco. I mean with gear he has, you have to be a damn monkey to not play eco, but still he does circulate a lot and I'm not going to discuss if he is making a living from Entropia or requires any regular deposits (besides looting event rings for $$) anymore. That's personal stuff.

Our point is events and skills involved winning them. And I say Messi has as much skill as any other 200+ ppl playing this game and any of those people can win events with the correct setup. No personal skill involved.

EDIT: 200+ is a random number I made up. It's probably bigger, most certainly is.

The skill in this game is about making profit. NOTHING MORE.

Whoever is making profit in this game is the true winner because they are taking other peoples money as this is a player to player game.

So no, Messi does not have as much skill as any other 200+ people playing this game. He knew what the end result of his investment was, like mr. NEVERDIE's little celebrity story. That's a skill. Or else you would have been the one to buy a Terminator, right?

Not sure why people are arguing with NPV's view here.

There is obviously a clear distinction between having in-game skills that contribute to profession levels (call those Skills) and the experience to use those skills effectively such has maximising shooting times during events, hunting for MU, understanding the mechanics of rare loot waves (call this Knowledge).

Now I will happily concede that Knowledge is useful in an event. If you are able to predict rare drops, then perhaps you can increase your chance of scoring the 5k tokens, rare weapons etc. If you know how to hunt effectively then you can make sure your time in the event is used optimally.

But Skills are not particularly relevant. You need enough hitpoints to survive a big hit so that you can fap your way out of trouble or you could buy top level armour and an uber fap. High evade\dodge is useful to minimise the time spent fapping or you could buy top level armour and an uber fap. But NPV is correct that dps wins events. Yes there is a certain amount of luck involved, but over a 20 - 40 hour period, maximising the number of mobs killed is going to maximise your chances of winning. A terminator maxes out at BLP 40. OK that's not noob Skills but its not even mid level. Rings and pills and enhancers have no skill requirements.

So back to question in OP, could a noob win? No, not really. But get your self some low level skills, learn sufficient game mechanics to play optimally and invest in that top level gear and you have a good chance. The bigger question is can you make the investment pay off.

Not sure why people are arguing with NPV's view here.

There is obviously a clear distinction between having in-game skills that contribute to profession levels (call those Skills) and the experience to use those skills effectively such has maximising shooting times during events, hunting for MU, understanding the mechanics of rare loot waves (call this Knowledge).

Now I will happily concede that Knowledge is useful in an event. If you are able to predict rare drops, then perhaps you can increase your chance of scoring the 5k tokens, rare weapons etc. If you know how to hunt effectively then you can make sure your time in the event is used optimally.

But Skills are not particularly relevant. You need enough hitpoints to survive a big hit so that you can fap your way out of trouble or you could buy top level armour and an uber fap. High evade\dodge is useful to minimise the time spent fapping or you could buy top level armour and an uber fap. But NPV is correct that dps wins events. Yes there is a certain amount of luck involved, but over a 20 - 40 hour period, maximising the number of mobs killed is going to maximise your chances of winning. A terminator maxes out at BLP 40. OK that's not noob Skills but its not even mid level. Rings and pills and enhancers have no skill requirements.

So back to question in OP, could a noob win? No, not really. But get your self some low level skills, learn sufficient game mechanics to play optimally and invest in that top level gear and you have a good chance. The bigger question is can you make the investment pay off.

This is absolutely the best post here. Only one slight obstacle remains, namely that this weapon is unique and whoever is holding it knows you're going to put yourself on top of winning chances with it. Who would give that up and/or at what price? I don't follow every move since I'm lightyears away from that level of playing anyway, but from what I can observe it is only ever passed around among a small circle of people who seem to know each other well enough. For a newcomer to these circles, to estimate your chances realistically I think the best you can aim for is second best, with gear that is actually obtainable on the free market.

Am I wrong?

yes, you are wrong with the context of the discussion in mind.

Image your 2 examples, both standing in an event instance during the mayhem.
In an event instance, personal skill does mean jack shit as NPV tries to explain many times.
Just select target and autofire. No skills needed for that. If they both do same dps the end result will be based only on luck, who loots the most points. Maybe if you are very dexterous and can select new targets quicker, you might have an edge. But that's marginal.

Now compare a lvl 30 player with " normal" gear in the same instance as the lvl 100 player with uber gear.
The lvl 30 player has no chance at all to win. Even if he had catlike dexterity and reflexes hi would still stand no chance.

However, to survive this game long term you dont need personal skills but you need your wits. You need to be smart to dont blow your peds away. But if you're really rich and dont care about blowing ped, it's only money that can win you the event.

I really dont understand why al those supposedly smart ubers cant seem to agree on that. :scratch2:

As low/mid level player it's like participating a formula 1 race with a little hatchback car. Sure, you can drive your rounds but dont ever expect to win.

A skill game really - I guess it depends on how we define skill. Skill as in having an avatar with loads of skills, bought or farmed makes an uber but necessarily a skilled player. Getting to those levels without chipping in may make you a skilled avatar and also a skilled player; it may just mean that you have a lot of time on your hands!

We are all kidding ourselves, there is no real skill in this game.

Hunters point and shoot, some with significant dps others with very little. Those with significant dps win events. The others don't. Do they deserve to win events because they have spent $100s getting the best weapons; in a skilled game no. In this game, no; but that's how it is set up. You speculate to accumulate. You hope that if you put enough $000s into high end weapons that you will get payback. Some do, but I suspect others don't. We can argue about skills but it is irrelevant. The "skill" here is to deal yourself up to the best weapon set up and then speculate with a large bank roll.

Lets not kid noobs. They have absolutely no chance to win any event, as the MA events are currently structured. They are just plankton to feed the loot pool.

If I and others are wrong, let Messi or Lindzey enter an event with a low dps set up and see where they come. We all know the answer - let's not fool ourselves with eloquent rhetoric.

Last edited:
A skill game really - I guess it depends on how we define skill. Skill as in having an avatar with loads of skills, bought or farmed makes an uber but necessarily a skilled player. Getting to those levels without chipping in may make you a skilled avatar and also a skilled player; it may just mean that you have a lot of time on your hands!

We are all kidding ourselves, there is no real skill in this game.

Hunters point and shoot, some with significant dps others with very little. Those with significant dps win events. The others don't. Do they deserve to win events because they have spent $100s getting the best weapons; in a skilled game no. In this game, no; but that's how it is set up. You speculate to accumulate. You hope that if you put enough $000s into high end weapons that you will get payback. Some do, but I suspect others don't. We can argue about skills but it is irrelevant. The "skill" here is to deal yourself up to the best weapon set up and then speculate with a large bank roll.

Lets not kid noobs. They have absolutely no chance to win any event, as the MA events are currently structured. They are just plankton to feed the loot pool.

If I and others are wrong, let Messi or Lindzey enter an event with a low dps set up and see where they come. We all know the answer - let's not fool ourselves with eloquent rhetoric.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to gwit again.

Hello, I am just wondering if a noob does really have any chance to win a prize in this event. To be honest is 1st event I do.... full, not just checking.
My stats after only 10h ... I know is few but will do more. I just want other opinions that's all.
Instance Level 3, Core eviscerators 06
Gear: vigi + 6b, regen VI and cdf-60,lc-55 + hf 30 or 35....
Swirles: 33 ( I saw there is a fix rate of 3-> some with 4 globals/instance -> 1h full.... or at least for me... )
I do around 250k dmg/h and 130 mobs killed (I know I heal a lot because of my low protection)
(won't put the ammout loosed because I never track but is over 1.5k)
YES I KNOW: - I am a noob, -I don't use uber gear; - I play time to time ( under 1 year of actual play); -very low tracker loot (but I hunted mostly in team with fapper or friends) ect....

So, what I want to know, if ppl wanna share:
- what are the average points/h they have -> and what instance they did

Thank you very much, have a nice time and lot of good luck.

So.. did you participate?
How did it go?
Did you win?
Did you feel it was worth your time?
Will you be participating next year?
What would you like to see improved?

So.. did you participate? -> yes I did, I answered already but I will repost now :)
How did it go? lost around several k peds but was fun
Did you win? got experience and learned some tricks that will help me in future
Did you feel it was worth your time? definetly worth it
Will you be participating next year? for sure, and I am pretty sure I will make some ped too, and I will enter all events since now on
What would you like to see improved? balanced loot distribution :)

This event was a great experience, I learned a lot. I can suggest everyone to join events, even if they have no chance to win, just for experience and to learn the loot distribution, progress, what he's avatar can do .... etc....

NPC: about messi and complaining about he's budget etc. Well, I tell you from my own experience *under a year*: is not sufficient to have PED!!! I am lvl 66.5 and lost 8000$.... why I lost that money ? when I could be my lvl with like 3000-4000$ ? because of stupid grinding. So ... is not just : buy best weapon , best gear. I learned that on my own money. U need to fit the setup for each mobs, you need to know what and when to hunt. Where to be. ECT.
This is too damn complex. The loot waves etc apply to all BUT ! it is kinda personal on character.
YES 2 CHARACTERS same skills, gear etc have same chance, else, even if 1 of them have 1 more point in sweatgatherer... well is new game. NOW : even if you a medium player or an uber... if you know how to play for u're level and what to do... you can make profit, ofc... high player more chances... UBER means almost 100% will profit (IF he do what is good.... else... you can spend 100.000$ on what gear you want and will loose another 100.000$ FOR SURE!

Good luck all and have fun. It's a game (FUN) or a investition (PED). Don't forget about real life... is more important and pass away near us.... while we kill chiripy

This event was a great experience, I learned a lot. I can suggest everyone to join events, even if they have no chance to win, just for experience and to learn the loot distribution, progress, what he's avatar can do .... etc....

This is the best takeaway from the Core :)

I would advise all hunters to try it out and go as much DPS as possible. Your previous event is the best benchmark in the game, for those who want to evolve, that is. Also other players' score is a great benchmark as well.
Do not follow some of these guys advice and wait to participate until you can use a CDF XTLC 1000 because DPS is not always everything, there are exceptions and there will be more. There are also UL items, UA reward etc.. top 10 is not everything, just go, have fun and feel the thrill!

Do not follow some of these guys advice and wait to participate until you can use a CDF XTLC 1000 because DPS is not always everything, !

A translation for noobs

"Go fill the loot pool - you suckers!!!":woot:

You think we care about you - we just want you to blow every one of your peds and then we will tell you "its great experience" WTF !

Some great posts. I have nothing, absolutely nothing against people who invest in EU more than I do. I don't know why people think this is some kind of personal...thing, forgot the word :) English is not my native.

But those people with big guns winning DPS race and saying others have no chance because they are noobs or don't have personal skill, well, that's bullshit.

What comes to playing smart and having game knowledge, I'm sure there are hundreds of players out there who track, research, don't TT and actually play the game eco. They have far more game knowledge and they apply that knowledge to hunt, hence they are more skillful than ubers who just pew pew biggest hp with biggest gun to stay top 5. Correct?

Then again, hunting with 3.4+ DPP or whatever they get from expensive gear, is not much of a nuclear science. You are already eco enough to not give a fuck if this mobs has any MU.

Back to the point. Higher DPS wins the event, best gun wins the event -some little luck, but who is behind that gun has almost zero effect. There are hundreds of players able to shoot cat5 with best gear and win. There is no secret uber personal skill to do so.

Anyone new asking about events and winning them? Yes, you sure can. Just need right tools for it, mostly credit card.

Back