Question: Any tip on Mobs to hunt for MU?

Fat Fock Adam

Provider
Society
The Knights of Calypso
Fat Fóck Adam
Can anyone recommend any good/decent Mobs to hunt for MU loot?

I know about Drones that drop Gazz, but they bother the hell out of me because of the ranged attacks, so you have to run up to them all the time to loot. I still hunt them because they are a solid mob to hunt.

Any tips on other mobs to hunt for MU based on my gear?

My Gear:

P4a with or without A104 amp
P5a with or without A105 amp

Gremlin Armor with or without 5b/6a plates

I am referring to mobs on Calypso btw, I may consider other planets if they MU mob proves to be worth it.

Let me know if there is any other info you feel is vital.

I have recieved a lot of good feedback and decided to update my initial post with that info, to make it easier for people to find.

First of thanks to everyone for your feedback and willingness to share the info.

A summary of the main mobs that have been discussed (thanks to Woheier for this)

Argonauts ( stable return, iron drops )
Drones ( stable return, gazzurdite drops )
Drones mid level ( stable return, gazzurdite drops )
Miner bots ( stable return, lots of ores, downside=pedcard need to have a lot )
Drones high level ( stable return, gazzurdite drops )
Scips high maturity (high availability of paint with MU, weapons/chips.armors)

Secondly things to think about when hunting:

1) Make sure you have the skill required to hunt the mob, low evade/dodge = being hit a lot, which in turn = uneconomical due to armor/fap repair cost.

2) Use a proper weapon for the mob, it is uneconomical to use a weapon that is too strong and similarly if it is too weak. It is good to use a main weapon with good damage and use a weapon that does less damage per attack as finisher. (However, keep the mobs regen ability in mind when deciding on finisher!)

3) When hunting on Land Areas keep the tax in mind, you pay to hunt on the land so if possible try to hunt mobs that give loot with good MU that compensate for the tax you pay.

4) Make sure you have enough PEDs to effectively hunt a mob both through good times and bad times. As an example: Argonaut young costs roughly 1ped to kill with a P4a with a a104 amp attached, this means a good amount of peds to have is 10 000 ped, that way you don't have to sell the MU loot for less than it is worth when the markup is temporarly low.

5) Use entropedia, it is your friend, if you are unsure of what weapon/armor to use, use the tools provided, weapon compare and armor vs mob are excellent tools to find a good economical setup for a specific mob.

6) (This has not been discussed in this thread but is relevant in my opinion) Avoid using weapons you haven't maxed as much as possible! When using a unmaxed weapon, you still pay as much as you would when you can use the full potential of the weapon, but you simply won't deal as much damage = less mobs killed = less loot. I speak from personal experience, I borrowed my brothers improved mk.II which is one of the most economical weapons in the game (at least in theory), after shooting some standard mobs such as Feffoid, Atrox, Allophyl, I lost about 2500 ped (in tt) that was roughly on 10 000 ped in ammo shot. (This also shows that I did not follow "rule" nr 4 mentioned above, if I had shot 100 000 ped of ammo it might have been a bit better, or who knows even worse perhaps, due to lack of skill.

Once again thanks to everyone who have contributed, if I have said something that is incorrect or something is missing feel free to tell me and I will edit this post again.

Last edited:
yeah,i did some bots last days and it also annoys the hell out of me that you have to run to them to loot them

If your honestly not bothered to finding out yourself what makes you think people will tell you so easily? Anyhow I'll give you just one mob. Attacker's, a very profitable mob. Just gl finding outside of pvp4 :).

If your honestly not bothered to finding out yourself what makes you think people will tell you so easily? Anyhow I'll give you just one mob. Attacker's, a very profitable mob. Just gl finding outside of pvp4 :).

Actually I did my own research first, so no need to be so rude.

This is what I found out:

Mulaak'f: Narcanisum, but they are to strong for me and in a heavily guarded PVP area

Miner Bot: Blausariam, no good areas to hunt them, in other words not enough around to my knowledge.

Muluk-Hir: Blausariam, not a single clue to where these can be found and even if I did, they are too strong.

Boorum Male: Cobalt, not sure where these can be found either, and to my knowledge, there are not really any good spawns around.

So as I said, I did my reaserch, and what's the point in entering a thread just to troll?

Also as you can see from my "research" the mobs I found all drop ores as MU, that is because it is the only item I know with decent MU.

To have a chance to get good MU is only event mobs
To get decent MU any new mob, only the first 2-3 months before its made a "balance".
otherwice it has always been drones.

To have a chance to get good MU is only event mobs
To get decent MU any new mob, only the first 2-3 months before its made a "balance".
otherwice it has always been drones.

Thanks Valentin, I figured it was something like that (was just hoping it wasn't true), guess I'll stick to drones for MU then.

"not enough around" ... do some more research. and run around in game.

Looks to me that I'm not the only one here who thinks you still haven't tried looking. But your absolutely right. If I came off rude I do apologies I don't make it a habit to come of as a troll. I will PM you with some more useful mobs in more detail.
Actually I did my own research first, so no need to be so rude.

This is what I found out:

Mulaak'f: Narcanisum, but they are to strong for me and in a heavily guarded PVP area

Miner Bot: Blausariam, no good areas to hunt them, in other words not enough around to my knowledge.

Muluk-Hir: Blausariam, not a single clue to where these can be found and even if I did, they are too strong.

Boorum Male: Cobalt, not sure where these can be found either, and to my knowledge, there are not really any good spawns around.

So as I said, I did my reaserch, and what's the point in entering a thread just to troll?

Also as you can see from my "research" the mobs I found all drop ores as MU, that is because it is the only item I know with decent MU.
And that is a good place to start. This is where I also started off with my research but ultimately not 100% reliable because of one thing called drop rate.

Thanks Valentin, I figured it was something like that (was just hoping it wasn't true), guess I'll stick to drones for MU then.
I'd stay away from special event mobs, things like atrox queen, mulcibers, etc. Only go for things that have an actual spawn for them in the event. Harbinger, Migration mobs, these are the mobs I'd go for to avoid the "unique event mobs" that suck your card-dry. So no shared event mobs.

~mark~

Last edited:
I might be wrong, but I remember Boorum spawns around Timbesha after a recent update. Don't recall about their gender though :D

Well after both you and M Rufen commented on it, I decided to follow your advice, was going to check Auction for loot that sells for decent MU, the auction was of course buggy and laggy when I checked, so will have to try that later.

If I came off rude I do apologies I don't make it a habit to come of as a troll. I will PM you with some more useful mobs in more detail.And that is a good place to start. This is where I also started off with my research but ultimately not 100% reliable because of one thing called drop rate.

I'd stay away from special event mobs, things like atrox queen, mulcibers, etc. Only go for things that have an actual spawn for them in the event. Harbinger, Migration mobs, these are the mobs I'd go for to avoid the "unique event mobs" that suck your card-dry.

~mark~

Thanks Mark, I apologise too then, it is just frustrating that there is a forum where you can ask question, but every time you do, there is always someone who says "find out for yourself". I understand that information in this game is valuable, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous what people don't want to share. It's not like I expect to profit from the game, I just want to break even and while iron missions generally have a juicy reward, the mobs rarely drop anything worth selling on auction. (I do sell pretty much everything on auction anyway, even if it only earns me 2-3 ped profit, need to keep the crafters supplied if I expect to have access to limited weapons and stuff ;) ). I try to shift between two mobs, one iron mission mob and one MU mob, atm drones and molisk. My aim is to try and cover some of the losses from iron mission hunting.

Yeah I haven't tried any event mobs, kind of feels like I should be better geared for it, also I heard about the horrible loot people got from "Husk" so I'll just stay away from that atm.

I might be wrong, but I remember Boorum spawns around Timbesha after a recent update. Don't recall about their gender though :D

Thanks Dracula, I'll check it out ;)

Thanks everyone for the info and help you are willing to give

The process I have used to find mu drops is basically look at olegs ladder guide sticky, look every mob in my range up on entropedia, sort by their drops by mu. Also checking the orders and sorting by max mu to see what people want the most. Another is sorting the auction house by bids to see what the popular items are.

One important factor that takes time to learn is how the different mobs pop big loots - argonauts drop stacks of iron, other creatures like cornundacauda big loots have bigwig boards and oils. Obv there is some variance but it's important to look at the frequency of the mu drops as much as how much mu there is.

For drones I use rascal + 4 3b/3 6a. I have the mix of plates because I bought 6a first when I had 0 dodge. As they get easier I mix in the 3b. They are very annoying to hunt. I assume you're going ne of jason center, they are very dense and ninja spawn all the time. It's important to clear a pocket and then tag from range. Handguns are great but rifles are so much better in densely populated areas.

the borum spawn is a couple of borums surrounded with lots of maffoids
please let me know if you find better one

Thanks Mark, I apologise too then, it is just frustrating that there is a forum where you can ask question, but every time you do, there is always someone who says "find out for yourself". I understand that information in this game is valuable, but sometimes it just gets ridiculous what people don't want to share.

Well too many peoples knowing about a proitable mob and being able to hunting that mob kills the profit. I can see why people do not want to share.

Well too many peoples knowing about a proitable mob and being able to hunting that mob kills the profit. I can see why people do not want to share.

Yeah this is true, but at the same time, having more people hunt the same mobs = more ped pumped into the mob = bigger chance of globals/HoFs. But I see what you are saying and from my point of view, when hunting mobs for ores with MU I think it doesn't matter that much, the majority of the ore sold probably comes from mining anyway. When it comes to other items I reluctantly agree with you :)

The process I have used to find mu drops is basically look at olegs ladder guide sticky, look every mob in my range up on entropedia, sort by their drops by mu. Also checking the orders and sorting by max mu to see what people want the most. Another is sorting the auction house by bids to see what the popular items are.

One important factor that takes time to learn is how the different mobs pop big loots - argonauts drop stacks of iron, other creatures like cornundacauda big loots have bigwig boards and oils. Obv there is some variance but it's important to look at the frequency of the mu drops as much as how much mu there is.

For drones I use rascal + 4 3b/3 6a. I have the mix of plates because I bought 6a first when I had 0 dodge. As they get easier I mix in the 3b. They are very annoying to hunt. I assume you're going ne of jason center, they are very dense and ninja spawn all the time. It's important to clear a pocket and then tag from range. Handguns are great but rifles are so much better in densely populated areas.

Thanks for the tip, I use entropedia regularly, but I am finding it to be less and less reliable, is it still being updated? I used gremlin with 6a plates at first, but that was a bit overkill, so I'll try without plates now, and if it is to dangerous I'll get me a set of 3b. I will probably start using UL3 with A105 amp to tag the drones then use P5a+a105 and P4a+A104 as finisher.

Thanks for the heads up

Yeah this is true, but at the same time, having more people hunt the same mobs = more ped pumped into the mob = bigger chance of globals/HoFs. But I see what you are saying and from my point of view, when hunting mobs for ores with MU I think it doesn't matter that much, the majority of the ore sold probably comes from mining anyway. When it comes to other items I reluctantly agree with you :)

What makes you think that?

Use the armor advisor on entropia. Don't worry about how it sorts it by efficiency. Sort by dmg/pec. Choose something with as high of dmg/pec as you can get away with compared to the risk of dying (look at the max damage, compare to your hp + the number of hits you expect to take before you can herb box). I choose to heal more than armor because I think fap skills are more valuable than repairing armor. But armor is a little more directly efficient and you also don't die as much soooo....

What makes you think that?

Use the armor advisor on entropia. Don't worry about how it sorts it by efficiency. Sort by dmg/pec. Choose something with as high of dmg/pec as you can get away with compared to the risk of dying (look at the max damage, compare to your hp + the number of hits you expect to take before you can herb box). I choose to heal more than armor because I think fap skills are more valuable than repairing armor. But armor is a little more directly efficient and you also don't die as much soooo....

Well it is not a fact, but more of a theory that a lot of players seem to agree upon. Obviously it is not as simple as that, there are other factors too such as how much it costs to kill the mob etc. But if you look at what seems to be the most popular mobs during a specific period, Rextelum and Steel Bird that is hunted by many atm, global and hof a lot, while Leviathan which also has a lot of hp is not as popular anymore so you don't see as much globals/hofs on it. As I said this is not a fact, it is a theory; a theory that many seem to agree upon.

Yeah I had completely missed armor advisor as a useful tool, looked at it last night and it is very handy, so thanks for the tip!

Tips for finding more boorums :
  1. go where the females are
  2. read release notes and threads
  3. update Entropedia, then you and others can find things easier

Rextelum and Steel Bird that is hunted by many atm, global and hof a lot, while Leviathan which also has a lot of hp is not as popular anymore so you don't see as much globals/hofs on it.

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

But if you look at what seems to be the most popular mobs during a specific period, Rextelum and Steel Bird that is hunted by many atm, global and hof a lot, while Leviathan which also has a lot of hp is not as popular anymore so you don't see as much globals/hofs on it.

But is that because there is a magnifying effect from more hunting of those mobs, or is this simply caused by a lot of turnover on those mobs?

I will probably start using UL3 with A105 amp to tag the drones then use P5a+a105 and P4a+A104 as finisher.
Best ranged sib gun is UL2/range enhanced. It's a trade off in the higher model UL3 for more dmg/lesser range :(. But nothing wrong in using P5a as your main gun anyhow, it's range is enough to reach drones before they aggro on gen 01/03 gen 02 is the issue there & with enough dodge can be easily avoided.

Tips for finding more boorums :
  1. go where the females are
  2. read release notes and threads
  3. update Entropedia, then you and others can find things easier

I actually did consider helping out with entropedia by updating the page, but I feel that I am to much of a newbie atm so will postpone it for now. Would be really helpful though if there was a tool that collected data while i.e. hunting and then you could simply upload that data to entropedia. (Similar to the skill calculator) Then again I am not sure if one is allowed to use third party programs in EU, even if it is only to record data.

I do have a excel file with my hunting logs, but same thing there, how would I use it to help out entropedia?

Rextelum and Steel Bird that is hunted by many atm, global and hof a lot, while Leviathan which also has a lot of hp is not as popular anymore so you don't see as much globals/hofs on it.

actually You are the first in long time digging this theory up, so i would not say, many people believe in mob specific loot pool.

and besides that, your quote explains it right, global/hof quantity is indeed related to mob popularity, but it should not be interpreted as a species pumped with peds..

In my opinion: If 1000 players hunted only levis, the hof amount and size would be same as
10 groups of 100 players, each hunting their own levi like mob.

on topic: drones..

But is that because there is a magnifying effect from more hunting of those mobs, or is this simply caused by a lot of turnover on those mobs?

Well I am a newbie, so I don't claim to know, I just repeat what I have observed and heard from others. There is probably no way of confirming it since the loot system is more complex than simply more ped fed = more ped returned.

Best ranged sib gun is UL2/range enhanced. It's a trade off in the higher model UL3 for more dmg/lesser range :(. But nothing wrong in using P5a as your main gun anyhow, it's range is enough to reach drones before they aggro on gen 01/03 gen 02 is the issue there & with enough dodge can be easily avoided.

This is so wrong. Your range matters for the first few shots. That's it. Why in the world would you tell someone to load up with enhancers that will mostly be useless? Huge waste of mu for almost no benefit.

This is so wrong. Your range matters for the first few shots. That's it. Why in the world would you tell someone to load up with enhancers that will mostly be useless? Huge waste of mu for almost no benefit.
I didn't say for him to use enhancers. The gun already being far reaching would be more noticable. Adding range enhancers to a pistol doesnt make much sense but on a laser rifle no brainer really. So using UL2 a carbine with range enhancers seems a fair assessment "as a tagger" not as a hunting weapon. Otherwise he can just use it without, np & it would be just as effective. So no I'm not wrong thank you.

dunno if someone pointed this out yet.. there is alot of minerbots on treasure island.. kinda in the same place they always spawned. guarded by drones.. so hunting them is a win win.

I have now just found out that hunting Oratan Slasher's for Veda Stones they drop is not good at all, long term or short term. The TT of the stones is laughable & they are prtty much exactly the same as a Drone mob however they give evade & have a lower drop rate & loot the same TT junk as well. Maturity was Thug to Vandal around co-ords: 19500, 13900 usually near the lake.

Whoever suggested hunting Rextelum and Steelbirds because they are "globaling and hoffing" a lot is not very smart. I didn't read through all the posts but that is just not the way to go. They drop virtually no markup items. Didn't you ask for a mob that drops markup items? Frankly, if you hunt Rextelum or Steelbirds you will loose out quite a bit since they drop no markup and you are just "HoF chasing" at that point. I tend to try and stay away from those mobs that people chase around for HoF's mainly because it always drops to some noob and you never profit from hunting them long term.

If you look at tracker bait has over 10k globals logged on scipulors alone.. he camps them all day long, and not the little ones. I doubt you could do the big ones as effectively as he does so I wouldn't recommend that mob for you either.

My inkling is that your professional levels are good enough to do argonauts. They drop some decent markups, nothing great but a heck of a lot better markup % than eye and muscle oil that you would get from rextelum and levi's ;)

Or you could just disreguard what I said and go chase around some hofs. Atrox would be the mob to hit for that :)

~Danimal

Whoever suggested hunting Rextelum and Steelbirds because they are "globaling and hoffing" a lot is not very smart. I didn't read through all the posts but that is just not the way to go. They drop virtually no markup items. Didn't you ask for a mob that drops markup items? Frankly, if you hunt Rextelum or Steelbirds you will loose out quite a bit since they drop no markup and you are just "HoF chasing" at that point. I tend to try and stay away from those mobs that people chase around for HoF's mainly because it always drops to some noob and you never profit from hunting them long term.

If you look at tracker bait has over 10k globals logged on scipulors alone.. he camps them all day long, and not the little ones. I doubt you could do the big ones as effectively as he does so I wouldn't recommend that mob for you either.

My inkling is that your professional levels are good enough to do argonauts. They drop some decent markups, nothing great but a heck of a lot better markup % than eye and muscle oil that you would get from rextelum and levi's ;)

Or you could just disreguard what I said and go chase around some hofs. Atrox would be the mob to hit for that :)

~Danimal

No one suggested hunting Rextelum, Steelbird, we just got sidetracked discussing global/hof mechanics..and I used them as examples, so that was simply of topic.

"I tend to try and stay away from those mobs that people chase around for HoF's mainly because it always drops to some noob"

Well I am a noob so that could very well be me =D

It's to early for me to hunt scips so that is not an option atm.

I have done the iron mission on argos, and I am actually way past them in skill now... I'll prob stick with drones for the moment, since their loot is relatively stable and there are good spawns.

Thanks for your feedback

Back