Question: Any tip on Mobs to hunt for MU?

I have now just found out that hunting Oratan Slasher's for Veda Stones they drop is not good at all, long term or short term. The TT of the stones is laughable & they are prtty much exactly the same as a Drone mob however they give evade & have a lower drop rate & loot the same TT junk as well. Maturity was Thug to Vandal around co-ords: 19500, 13900 usually near the lake.

Thanks for sharing Mark, good to know

dono if its been said but drones are fine, really great if you craft to.

dunno if someone pointed this out yet.. there is alot of minerbots on treasure island.. kinda in the same place they always spawned. guarded by drones.. so hunting them is a win win.

Thanks Styrm, I am a bit spoiled with good spawns so while I knew about that location I never really tried it, I'll give it a shot though.

Speaking of Drone and Argonauts, I have made an observation that I hope someone can confirm.

Argonauts drop iron, but the amount the drop vary a lot, i.e. I have gotten globals of them where the majority of it was iron.

Drones on the other hand never seem to drop more than a few each time, the largest quantity of Gazz I gotten from one loot is 10 pieces, haven't gotten many globals on them as of yet, but the few I did get still only had a few gazz. So anyone know if it is possible to get a lot of gazz from a single loot?

dono if its been said but drones are fine, really great if you craft to.

Yeah Aeris, it has been said, but me and others it seem have the same issue with them. The fact that they stay at a distance is that issue, while it doesn't change much really, it is very frustrating.

No one suggested hunting Rextelum, Steelbird, we just got sidetracked discussing global/hof mechanics..and I used them as examples, so that was simply of topic.

"I tend to try and stay away from those mobs that people chase around for HoF's mainly because it always drops to some noob"

Well I am a noob so that could very well be me =D

It's to early for me to hunt scips so that is not an option atm.

I have done the iron mission on argos, and I am actually way past them in skill now... I'll prob stick with drones for the moment, since their loot is relatively stable and there are good spawns.

Thanks for your feedback

Well depending on your style of hunting and whether or not you want evade/dodge skills. You could do argonauts (with a big enough ped card to stack loots) or drones (again with a big enough ped card)

Argonauts Drop Iron pretty frequently in big stacks and it sells better than eye/muscle oils. They also drop those nice mellee claws which sell pretty well too. On occassion they'll drop some hermes and isis cb rifles.

Drones will drop erdorium in smaller stacks and gazzurdite. You'll also loot a bunch of crafting junk that you'll need a really nice ped card for in order to stack.

In my opinion you will need a larger ped card to hunt drones for their markups vs argonauts. Don't get me wrong though, you'll still need a rather large ped card for them.. maybe something like 5k - 10k peds would be good enough for argonauts.

Again, it is up to you in what you decide to hunt. Were it me in your position (skill level) I would aim for argonauts.

~Danimal

Well depending on your style of hunting and whether or not you want evade/dodge skills. You could do argonauts (with a big enough ped card to stack loots) or drones (again with a big enough ped card)

Argonauts Drop Iron pretty frequently in big stacks and it sells better than eye/muscle oils. They also drop those nice mellee claws which sell pretty well too. On occassion they'll drop some hermes and isis cb rifles.

Drones will drop erdorium in smaller stacks and gazzurdite. You'll also loot a bunch of crafting junk that you'll need a really nice ped card for in order to stack.

In my opinion you will need a larger ped card to hunt drones for their markups vs argonauts. Don't get me wrong though, you'll still need a rather large ped card for them.. maybe something like 5k - 10k peds would be good enough for argonauts.

Again, it is up to you in what you decide to hunt. Were it me in your position (skill level) I would aim for argonauts.

~Danimal

I will take your words of wisdom into consideration. I try to have at least 3k ped as hunting "buffer" as I call it. Selling stuff in stacks of 500ped on auc if possible, even oils and stuff that have low markup, every ped counts and i.e. 1kped oil still yields a profit of roughly 20ped depending on on the oil ofc.

If I do hunt argonauts, wouldn't a p4a with a a104 amp be more reasonable than a p5a?

Btw I couldn't help but see that you are looking for argo parts, subjective suggestion that u want me to hunt argos? :p

I will take your words of wisdom into consideration. I try to have at least 3k ped as hunting "buffer" as I call it. Selling stuff in stacks of 500ped on auc if possible, even oils and stuff that have low markup, every ped counts and i.e. 1kped oil still yields a profit of roughly 20ped depending on on the oil ofc.

If I do hunt argonauts, wouldn't a p4a with a a104 amp be more reasonable than a p5a?

Btw I couldn't help but see that you are looking for argo parts, subjective suggestion that u want me to hunt argos? :p

That would be okay.. I hunt them naked every now and again. No, I wasn't trying to persuade you to hunt them for parts. I was trying to help you decide on which mob to hunt based on mu..

~Danimal

Speaking of Drone and Argonauts, I have made an observation that I hope someone can confirm.

Argonauts drop iron, but the amount the drop vary a lot, i.e. I have gotten globals of them where the majority of it was iron.

Drones on the other hand never seem to drop more than a few each time, the largest quantity of Gazz I gotten from one loot is 10 pieces, haven't gotten many globals on them as of yet, but the few I did get still only had a few gazz. So anyone know if it is possible to get a lot of gazz from a single loot?

I would guess that 50%+ of argo loot is iron.. but drones drop very little gazz.. but they do drop gazz almost every time tho.. kinda like molisks and their teeth..

minerbots on the other hand drop alot of ore.. and if you have a long shooter (over 80 meters) you could do them naked, walking backwards.. I did this with a mk5 and it worked out great.
dunno if your skilled enough for the bigger drones guarding tho.. try them out and see.

minerbots on the other hand drop alot of ore.. and if you have a long shooter (over 80 meters) you could do them naked, walking backwards.. I did this with a mk5 and it worked out great.
Could you please also tell us also what is your bankroll amount that you use to hunt them? My feeling about is that you have to have somewhere near 20k. Let me know if that's to much & why. Thank you.

Drone is a sure-win mob to hunt. But you need to hunt them in a very eco way. Wear Pixie+6a , so only 6a is decay, use cheap gun such as P5A, P4A. Have at least 3 guns with vary damage from big, medium to small to finish your drone in a very eco way. Opalo+101 works fine to save you a lot of peds from finishing your kill.

Gazz cannot be looted in large quantity, but the amount of lootable gazz from drone is stable. When you reduce your defense cost and MU to minimum, you will find that hunting drone is 100% profitable. But it's quite slow hunting.

Drone is a sure-win mob to hunt. But you need to hunt them in a very eco way. Wear Pixie+6a , so only 6a is decay, use cheap gun such as P5A, P4A. Have at least 3 guns with vary damage from big, medium to small to finish your drone in a very eco way. Opalo+101 works fine to save you a lot of peds from finishing your kill.

Gazz cannot be looted in large quantity, but the amount of lootable gazz from drone is stable. When you reduce your defense cost and MU to minimum, you will find that hunting drone is 100% profitable. But it's quite slow hunting.

Thanks for your feedback, I'll keep what you said in mind.

Could you please also tell us also what is your bankroll amount that you use to hunt them? My feeling about is that you have to have somewhere near 20k. Let me know if that's to much & why. Thank you.

lol.. well the bigger bankroll you have the better ofc

Yeah when Gazz was 130%.

Boorum only spawn was due south of the Timbesha TP a couple weeks ago.

Just curious, do feffoids still cough up Korss on a regular enough basis to make them a good choice?

Edit- I guess korss MU has fallen a lot since last I hunted feffoids. At current MU, it really doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Drones are still ok, not great anymore I don't think. I would use Bear (L) for them and plates or no plates depending on maturity and your health/dodge. I secretly did miner bots for quite a while when they were hidden on the tracker (during SGA) with plated bear/boar (L). They are mixed with drones of medium to high maturity, so, with that armor I generally put ranged plates on since a drone spawning on your head is more dangerous. You just need to make sure the markup beats the tax you're paying. Your bankroll may be low for Miner Bots, they drop a lot of different ores plus the two from drones spread out your loot stacks quite a bit.

You gave your armor/plates & weapon/amp info, but don't say what your HP & evade/dodge lvl's are. These are equally important in determining what mob to hunt successfully.

Nevertheless,

Miner Bots drop several ores, each with decent to solid mu, except Azzurdite. You will find plenty to hunt in the area of 732/520 coord's. Your challange will be defending against Miner Bots that do 50% cut / 50% impact damage, while the moslty lvl3 to lvl7 Drones attack you which do 30% pen / 70% burn damage. So what plates are ya gonna wear on your Gremlin? 5b's on Bear is a better setup for both cause the Miner Bots are the tougher mob so you need the 5b's and the pen/burn protection on bear is enough for the Drones. (your Gremlin has no pen protection)

Boorum have a hugh spawn south of Timbesha (308/430 coord's area). The cobalt they drop still has a nice mu. Additionaly, high mu loot is not only in ores. Boorum drop Martial armor all the time, and maybe not as good a mu, but chips and amps that usually have a nice tt value. Your Gremlin/5b's should be enough protection, but that depends more on your hp and evade as well.

Don't forget about feffs, though no ores, the drop plenty of nice tt value korss, rikers, T-bird armor, martial armor, and occasionaly some (UL) Angel armor. They should be easier to kill then the Boorum and Miner Bots for you as well and they are a mission mob.

Just my .02 pec, hope it helps, Good Luck hunting

small input on borum
i did a 280 ped run on them in grem+5b , i have around 38 dps
i got 25 ped defensive bill and 3 ped mu
so you need a lot more evade then i do (lvl 11 ). they hit fast and dont miss

small input on borum
i did a 280 ped run on them in grem+5b , i have around 38 dps
i got 25 ped defensive bill and 3 ped mu
so you need a lot more evade then i do (lvl 11 ). they hit fast and dont miss
This is one prime example why using an eco gun with plenty of range is of a huge benefit. Thinking of the justifier guns. Plus if you had the evade & hp this would be no problem. Outcast needs Lv19 evader - Berserker Lv25 evader to roughly evade 50-65% of hits imo. The higher the better of course.

Last edited:
Possibly do team hunts on things that reportedly drop Martial. Eviscerators used to be a good mob for this since it misses a lot like atrox. But has since been rooted out of its loot, sometime last year? Not sure what other mobs drop it but I guess easy to check. I say team because other than evis I don't think with ur skills you could hunt anything else well.

Boorums do not seem to drop much markup in general according to my experiences with them...there ain't many males between the females either

While reading this whole thread, I see the full roadmap I've been hunting :)

Argonauts ( stable return, iron drops )
Drones ( stable return, gazzurdite drops )
Drones mid level ( stable return, gazzurdite drops )
Miner bots ( stable return, lots of ores, downside=pedcard need to have a lot )
Drones high level ( stable return, gazzurdite drops )
Scips high maturity (high availability of paint with MU, weapons/chips.armors)

As many have said during this thread, ull need to keep a pretty big amount of peds on ure card, starting with about 5k ped on argo, ending close to 20k-30k on miner bots. ( the bigger the card for miner bot, the better ull do on MU.)

The downside of this way of hunting, is getting bored, as of many I was doing other stuff besides these hunts and ended up buring every pec I had on crafting, altho I have some nice track records, it is key to stick to ure original plan.

Atm I'm back at the smaller drones, hehe my ped cards needs a revival, but as soon as im able I will be building back up to miner bots.

Entropia is at strange stage atm.

Newcomers want to go hunt bigger mobs quickly, so many profitable low lvl mobs are left behind un-noticed :eyecrazy:
Group of medium skilled players is the biggest atm, so group of mobs doable by medium player is overhunted, with almost no mu left.
Bigg ass mob can only few players hunt, therefore there is often nice mu.

Its 5 yrs since i came to eu, and I always heard - drones are the best.
But what do they drop? gazz at 116%, some b(e)oar, tp chips, LR32´s I guess.. all almost tt food.
So where is those overall 115-116% mu needed to have at least expenses back?
Am I missing something?

While reading this whole thread, I see the full roadmap I've been hunting :)

As many have said during this thread, ull need to keep a pretty big amount of peds on ure card, starting with about 5k ped on argo, ending close to 20k-30k on miner bots. ( the bigger the card for miner bot, the better ull do on MU.)

The downside of this way of hunting, is getting bored, as of many I was doing other stuff besides these hunts and ended up buring every pec I had on crafting, altho I have some nice track records, it is key to stick to ure original plan.

Atm I'm back at the smaller drones, hehe my ped cards needs a revival, but as soon as im able I will be building back up to miner bots.
5K ped for Argo & agreed on Miner bots. There are some mobs you left out, you can progress first in dodge before engaging drones. But atm for me its very difficult to stick to the plan of profitability for faster skill progression. Can't have it both ways, iron quests are good & bad :( but better overall.

Entropia is at strange stage atm.

Newcomers want to go hunt bigger mobs quickly, so many profitable low lvl mobs are left behind un-noticed :eyecrazy:
Group of medium skilled players is the biggest atm, so group of mobs doable by medium player is overhunted, with almost no mu left.
Bigg ass mob can only few players hunt, therefore there is often nice mu.

Its 5 yrs since i came to eu, and I always heard - drones are the best.
But what do they drop? gazz at 116%, some b(e)oar, tp chips, LR32´s I guess.. all almost tt food.
So where is those overall 115-116% mu needed to have at least expenses back?
Am I missing something?
That part I like :D. Let them remain unnoticed by the new early hunters np, I'll capitalise on it & so will others. They drop LR41's L not LR32's. Majority of all bot loot is junk. Drone is a profitable mob when MU is as high as 140% on gazz, which hasnt happened for a long time since. But this is the thing, even with gazz mu so low it is still the most reliable looting mob ingame like argo with the right ped amount. Even with mu down you can still get close to breaking even "almost". The only thing anyone can't controll is TT return %. This will help/or not a lot, since you can't predict this.

Last edited:
Have an issue with this plan. The majority of mobs here your building dodge up not evade so how on earth do you plan to take on high scip mats once you have the bankroll? If your plan is to work find a fix.

Have an issue with this plan. The majority of mobs here your building dodge up not evade so how on earth do you plan to take on high scip mats once you have the bankroll? If your plan is to work find a fix.

yup I know, actually its quite simple, since argo's are a stable return ( I won't say u will ever profit on em) I would personally stick in high maturity argo's in it, so the list would result in:

Argonauts high maturiy ( stable return, iron drops )

This would hand u 3 positions to gain evade before heading off to scips, also keep in mind for big scips ull need to shoot for lvl 40 evade before being able to evade them at decent rate( chipping in some might give a good boost on this, if ure ped card allows it). Still keep in mind to make a change of prifit u will need to stash up big time on any item u loot, only sell when it are items or the quintity is sufficient to gain mu.

Last edited:
I have to ask- If Argonauts are on this list, why stop hunting them and switch over to drones in the middle? Can't you just climb the Argo latter as you progress? As I recall, the high maturity ones are challenging well past lvl 40. Are there no longer the complete range on Calypso?

Another thing to factor in is, even if a mob type drops a certain item with markup, if it takes forever to kill or really chews up your armor/FAP, is it still really worthwhile? That kind of complicates things, especially if you jump back and forth between dodge and evade mobs.

Back