Anyone not seen the Dead Island trailer yet?

you know people think zombies would never happen but really all would be is a variation of Rabbies and people wouldn't have to be "dead" to act like zombies.

Oh yes! I saw the team behind L4D talking about that... they said that they wanted their zombies to be more realistic, hence they have a rabies-like disease rather than being dead :) well... realistic apart from the "special" zombies that is...

Oh yes! I saw the team behind L4D talking about that... they said that they wanted their zombies to be more realistic, hence they have a rabies-like disease rather than being dead :) well... realistic apart from the "special" zombies that is...

And, you know, zombies... realism... :)

And, you know, zombies... realism... :)

Well, something like it COULD happen... I mean, if a disease infected humans with an effect similar to what rabies does to dogs? :dunno: makes them violent or whatever...

Well, something like it COULD happen... I mean, if a disease infected humans with an effect similar to what rabies does to dogs? :dunno: makes them violent or whatever...

haha... no, it just couldn't :p

I am a father to a little girl and watching the trailer did hit a few nerves.... That didn't stop it being excellent!

Didn't even know of this game till the thread thanks for the heads up.

There's this movie "The Crazies" that's just about that. A biological weapon to destabilize civilization. The infected are acting a little bit like zombies, but are not really "undead".

Trailer here

It's a great movie.

haha... no, it just couldn't :p

Actually it could...

For example, there is a brain parasite (toxoplasmosa gondii) that can only breed inside cats.

However, it can take over rats and mice and other animals and make them "like" cats, meaning they will go looking for them and get eaten.

A big % of the human population has those parasites inside them and those that do are more likely than others to experience behaviour changes (schizophrenia, hallucinations, etc).

Now, why couldnt that just evolve into some kind of reverse "changing the brain of humans so they go biting others to spread the virus" infection, aka "zombie-like"? :scratch2:

Of course I do not believe the dead will walk the Earth, just saying it is scientifically possible that a virus that alters human behaviour will evolve, be created or anything like that.

People liked the trailer so much that some studio is going to make it a movie now :laugh:.

<3 Aio

I wasn't offended in the least bit and my family values are sky high. If there ever was a zombie apocalypse there would be child casualties, no way around it why pretend? This game promises to be very story driven unlike most zombie games of the past, you can't have a good story without an emotional connection. That was the entire reason behind making the trailer the way it was, to illustrate that it's not just a hackfest like most zombie games but will have a dramatic backstory.

haha just found this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv-SQc6LA2E

Last edited:
oi sick trailer.
btw. a few days ago i heard a radioshow-special about zombies, both the fiction and the real ones.
found that on wikie: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zombie

okeoke, its not what we been told by the media. but hey, its scary :yup:

People liked the trailer so much that some studio is going to make it a movie now :laugh:.

Maybe because nothing left to make movies out of lol, so when is the NEW superman movie coming out? :D

Soo what I retained is that I should follow exactly what the video game showed?? I guess next time a child turns into a zombie, then jumps on my back to tear a chunk of skin off my neck; I throw it out the window?
Thank god for morals :D

Soo what I retained is that I should follow exactly what the video game showed?? I guess next time a child turns into a zombie, then jumps on my back to tear a chunk of skin off my neck; I throw it out the window?
Thank god for morals :D

In that extremely likely scenario it is exactly what you should do. In fact, I managed to survive the minor zombie outbreak in Loughborough last week by using child zombies as baseball bats.

Fuck yeah video games!

Back