Are Loot Boxes Gambling

It depends on the circumstance really.

In EU it's definitely gambling but so is every deposit you make. You put money in EU in the hopes that you will get back more than you put in.

But if you just look at it for face value though I would say the boxes you buy in the shop aren't so much gambling as just a more efficient way of depositing for the most bang for your buck. After all you are guaranteed to get the exact tt value you put in for those boxes as a minimum. Anything else is just a bonus.

The seasonal and special boxes however, since you have to pay a huge markup 40% to 500% of the min output value is totally a gamble. The only way to break even is if you get lucky. The only reason people pay the big markups on those boxes is in the hopes of looting the big valuable top prize (seasonal ring, ul amp...etc)

It is more like incentivized depositing. You pay 10ped, you get 10ped. Technically not gambling. You wont get more or less of face value.

You pay 10 PED to get 10 PED its a deposit, with chance to get something that you might sell for more to other players or use it yourself.

You never can get less than what you actually paid for thats 10 PED TT value.
I don´t call that gambling, as you can lose nothing !

Would be nice to buy a lotterie ticket RL with the gurantee to get at least the prize it cost me, with a chance of jackpot.
If you find that lotterie let me know, I want to play that :)

You pay 10 PED to get 10 PED its a deposit, with chance to get something that you might sell for more to other players or use it yourself.

You never can get less than what you actually paid for thats 10 PED TT value.
I don´t call that gambling, as you can lose nothing !

Would be nice to buy a lotterie ticket RL with the gurantee to get at least the prize it cost me, with a chance of jackpot.
If you find that lotterie let me know, I want to play that :)

As of the pills becoming refinable this is the case, yeah.

Boxes are without a doubt the best current deposit method unless you are not intending to participate in any hunting or mining activities (no use for the UA).

Back