Are we ready for a skill nerf?

Would you like a skill nerf?

• Yea - my ava would be worth more, show me the $$

Votes: 51 19.2%
  • U crazy ?!? - I wanna max my DOA by the time my unborn child graduates coledge

Votes: 214 80.8%

• Total voters
I made my avatar a day before the first skill nerf.:eek:
so i'd perfer no other ones in the near future.
Let me graduate first!

the problem is not the skill nerf, or more skill nerf. The problem is that we play with people that at the early days of EU/PE were able to gain tons of skills virtually for free. This just honestly playing or cheating like crazy and we cannot compete with them no more. In hunting profession maybe this is not a huge problem but in craft profession this is REALLY UNFAIR. But ofc this is a problem for us young, med players. For the old uber players this is not a problem at all. I would really love MA fix this in some way but it will not do it, or it will not do it until new players will be able to deposit/invest money like our old uber skilled players.
future is not clear

Is getting 150 agility and other such stats even possible anymore? It really discourages some players to continue once they understand that such achievments are unobtainable for themselves.

I haven't gained a single pixel in agility in 2 years. I have 132.56 agility and have fired millions of peds in ammunition the past 2 years. So I would say breed lots of children and hope they breed lots of children etc etc and maybe in ten thousand years (not exagerating) someone in your lineage will take your avatar to 150 agi.
Even if I were to finally gain my first pixel in 2 years tomorrow, that would still mean it takes a few hundred years of hardcore hunting from 132 to 133 agi.

In the long or even medium term, another skill nerf won't increase the value of our avatars. The last one created such a huge excess of skills available to the market (all those players with skills over 10k) that it essentially created inflation. I think that's actually partly to blame for the current prices being low.

An increased loss (say 50%) when chipping out or a volume-percentage based time decay are the best "solutions", but those aren't going to go over really well.

Are you ready to accept the nerf if it ment your avatar will be worth more?

I dont see the point in this question, we have no option but accept them they happen about every 5 VUs some are brutal some are annoying but everyone gets all pissed off for a few weeks / months and it all starts all over again lol

No I would not like a skill nerf it takes long enough as it is to skill up. A skill nerf would make a decent skill level almost unattainable with out spending a small fortune.

On a more serious note I would not like to see another skill nerf.. but... we all know MA and they will find a less direct and published way to deal with this in some manor.

I have been regularly keeping track of skill gains useing the skill calc available here. A few nights ago I wanted to compare skills from the first set I captured at the beginning of the year to the most recent one.

Well in going through that entire list I can across SEVERAL skill between the two that I rarely or never work on any more that have LOST a point or two over that time period.
I do not think this is inherrant in the tool that reads them as the numbers are not close enough in shape for the ocr to miss enterperate. (IE they are not like a 7 and a 1 which is acommon stumble for the tool) they are like from a 2 to a 1 or a 4 to a 3.

That being said I think that will be their next raping in the skills department. DEGRADATION of not used skills. or maybe even degradation of all skills over time. Either way keep an eye there to see where this leads.

voted no, but in some way it will happen and no doubt it will decrease the value of your avatar

There is a drain on the skill pool

every chip in/out of your head costs 10% of the skill value.

But no, I don't want a skill nerf, I want skills.
It doesn't, the ESI loses 10% of its value but if your putting skills ono a larger chip and receive another ESI all your skills go onto the chip, apart from 1 skill point.

No ways we are ready for ingame skill nerfs, but more importantly we ARE NOT ready for IRL nerfs also, they are alrady doing it to our children, look what i found the other day when shopping for chistmas prezzies... :eek:

[br]Click to enlarge[/br]

I just had to take a pic to show you all i am not crazy...

well my gf thinks so, as she wathced me take photos of kids toys in a store filled with customers...:laugh:

It doesn't, the ESI loses 10% of its value but if your putting skills ono a larger chip and receive another ESI all your skills go onto the chip, apart from 1 skill point.

When you chip out you get a value approximately 90% of the ESI and 90% of the volume of skill lost. I'm not sure where you get the 1 point idea, but the ~10% loss is correct.

How do you measure the worth of an avatar?
In what currency?
I measure it in the currency of fun and whith every nerf there is, that
value takes a big plunge.
It has been said before in the thread by others and i agree that i'm here
first and foremost to have fun.
If i were here to speculate in the market and try to make money i bet
the stock exchange would me a better arena.

I don't think another nerf will be needed in a long time.. i can't find any motivation to keep on skilling since, even if i reach lvl 100 hit&dam i wont be better of unless i can get my hands on an imk2, mkvme, imp2870 etc..
I can't understand how MA could put such a low req for one of the most eco guns in the game (P5) and with such crazy availabilty.. it's a riddle for me :scratch2:
i've skilled to lvl 74, for what? i still can't use any old school guns that cost less than 70k peds with good efficiency and there is no high lvl req gun with close to the same eco as P5.. for fun hunting i make use of my skills for sure (X5+dante on chomper, seg etc) but for the regular hunting im still stuck with that P5 and will be so forever unless i can afford to get one of those scarily expensive guns.. and i think most people without a really fat wallet will feel this way at some point..

I simply can't see why another major skillgain nerf would be needed..

Last edited:
What actually causes the majority of skills going onto chips? Is it in fact ubers chipping out or nubs chipping out? Theres a few ubers going on a fairly(Ir)regular basis, but nubs, and hundreds of thousands of them if you go by the account tally of 790k, must surely be right up there too?

How about putting a cap on chipping out, say you need at least xx in a skill to chip it out?
Or you need at least 1 skill over xx to trigger the chip out option..
Or force every new ava to pass a descipleship to be able to chip out..
Or hold a massive, universe wide event that causes a radiation plague and in a panic stricken knee jerk reaction the government forces everyones skills onto personalized chips...immediately wiping out 10% of every in game skill in one huge, ball breaking hammer blow...(personalized chips so they have to go back onto same ava)
Or just cause a radiation plague wiping off everyones skill down xx%...
Or open up stamina and create something relevent which affects skills..

The above are just randon thoughts thrown out but whatever happens, i really, really do not want another nerf. I kno some view the skill system as something entirely unique to EU and shouldnt be thought of like other mmorpg, but i couldnt play a game where skilling up wasnt involved and another nerf would make that pretty much what this game would be like, its basicly there now for the uber skilled, but until i get there ill carry on regardless. I would prefer to lose some skills than to lose the ability to skill.

When you chip out you get a value approximately 90% of the ESI and 90% of the volume of skill lost. I'm not sure where you get the 1 point idea, but the ~10% loss is correct.
If you chip out all your rifle skills it leaves 1 skill point on ava

I was skilling in game, and the results of this poll popped into my head....

Do you know something we don't Igorl!? :p

Is it just a co-incidence that 3x skilling was introduced shortly after this poll!?

Are you Marco !? :p

I hope MA never lower the skill gains again, this 3 for 1 event are welcome back though

This 3x merely brings us back to the normal skilling pace before the skill-nerf VU 2 years ago.

im curious too why MA did 3x1 skillgain.
Anyway what can we do if MA wants a skill nerf

I hope MA never lower the skill gains again, this 3 for 1 event are welcome back though

i think ma should explore doing it again for one or todays every 2 to three months. i think the community would welcome it. :D

im curious too why MA did 3x1 skillgain.
Anyway what can we do if MA wants a skill nerf

i think ma did 3x to get people interested in the game and pretty much gave many what they wanted. i also suspect the levels people are able to push for will motivate them to upgrade gear. that is probably going to be a side effect of this 3x event. alot of ways of looking at it.

Reactions: Uni
Back