Arkadia books?

Nisha

Old Alpha
Society
Freelancer
I just noticed that a number of my blueprints are now "Arkadia" bps, even basic ones such as Generic Leather.

Does anyone know whether this change is just a relabelling or does it have an effect on crafting with this bp?

:scratch2:

Are there not Arkadia and Calypso books that shares some components and stuff? If so, I'd say that those shared ones are simply generic items that will exist on both (maybe all) planets.

Those are just generic Arkadia labels. I have a number of duplicate bps such as basic wires I received while crafting on Arkadia and if I hover over them they say "Blueprint Book: Arkadia Components" or something similar. Obviously, since they fit in the Calypso Books, I am not going to skill up another bp to 100.

If I hover over component bps in my old school bp books, the label says "Blueprint Book: Arkadia Components" on those bps I skilled up to 100 QR on Calypso.

Basically, that's a long winded way of saying gen leather, basic wires and those bps that appear in Arkadia and Calypso bp books are interchangeable.

This HAS to be a bug since I'm fairly sure Calypso would not just 'give up' all those mobs as shared, but that's what it looks like if this stuff really is shared.

Affected books are Weapon I, Armor I, Materials I, Attachments, Vehicle Parts, and Furniture, and it's every blueprint in all of those books.

It really raises questions about the backstory and stuff tied to the 'shared' resources. At one time there was talk of Factories, corporations, etc. being worked in to the storyline on Calypso, etc. Since this stuff can show up on any planet, what's the point? For stuff like Omegaton, which is not in these shared books, it'd be fine. However, what about stuff like Killian, etc. ?

Last edited:
It could also be that since texture and clothing for Arkadia is not done yet(clothing in August I believe) that they included the books needed for these future BP's but left them holding Calypso BP's for the time being, since there may be new players who import BP's on the auction. It would really suck for these newbies to discover they had to go to Calypso to get the book they need.
Just my Two Pec

I bought a few of the 'real' Arkadia Blueprint books just for comparison purposes, etc. It does look like a lot of the bps are 'shared' (note if you don't see the videos, wait a while - just uploaded them to youtube, and not all of them have 'processed' there yet, but are they should be processed shortly.

I guess we'll see eomon on Arkadia?

Back