Help: Armor Plates

Killahbee

Marauder
Society
illuminox
Killahbee Killer Bee Killahbee
So with the recently added armor plates from arkadia, will 5b still do the job?
So i was wondering if I should upgrade to L plates (8a or pulsar8)...

I really have no idea if they're more eco so could use some advise!

So with the recently added armor plates from arkadia, will 5b still do the job?
So i was wondering if I should upgrade to L plates (8a or pulsar8)...

I really have no idea if they're more eco so could use some advise!

Do you want overall close protection or impact protection or impact+cut or impact+stab or cut+stab? Have you considered the neverdie and pop dragon plates? Pulsar 5 at least? :laugh:

Well, I had the same question a few weeks ago. I didn't do any proper calculations regarding eco, but I decided to get rid of my old 5B set and buy a full set of Pulsar 8 plates.

Whenever I used my 5B plates, it was for big mobs only, so for those the additional protection you get from Pulsar 8 plates is more than welcome.

Some might say that you can always trust on having your 5B plates, while you can not control the supply of the Pulsar 8 plates, which could theoretically lead to having no Pulsar 8 plates available. But knowing the ingredients which are required to craft the Pulsar 8 plates, I don't think they will ever become rare. So supply should be no issue at all.

A last consideration I made, is the fact that you will tie up less peds in Pulsar 8 plates compared to 5B's. A 5B plate needs be kept at full tt to have maximum protection (assuming it works the same as UL armour, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong here), so each plate locks up roughly 60 ped all the time (31ped tt + 29ish markup). A Pulsar 8 plate locks only 45ped tt x 115% = roughly 52 ped but that is only at the time you buy them. After using them, you won't need to repair them every time because they keep their full protection at any tt value (and you can't repair them either obviously...). So while 5B's constantly need peds for repairing them, you can keep those peds on your pedcard untill the Pulsar 8 plate is fully decayed. That doesn't mean you can waste those peds on other things ofcourse, because you do need the full amount (52 ped) at the time the Pulsar 8 plate is gone. Companies would call this an improvement to their liquidity, which is highly valued nowadays.

I hope this helps you a bit, good luck with whatever you decide !

Warning - this is an armor theoretic post. It assumes you understand about how armor and armor platings and armor decay works in EU. It assumes you understand that doubling effective protection by a piece of equipment means it costs 3.36 times more, and that this cannot be helped. It assumes you understand about why armor costs must be thought of in terms of percentage increases in protection, not absolute +x numbers. It also assumes you will not go off and try to derive the econess of using these for impact only, Impact+cut, impact + stab, stab+cut the presented numbers. You will not get the correct result - you will instead get a very wrong result.

Implied markup - this is the max markup you can pay while still being as eco per hit as using Mark.5B, while at the same time, potentially being better off defence wise.

Adjusted markup (5B) - taking bigger hits always results in you taking bigger decay, and this is not a linear. So this is max markup you can pay for the plate while remaining as eco as 5B, having taken increased damage into account. You will be less eco than 5B at this markup, but not unfairly so. Do not pay more than this - ever.

Adjusted markup (8A) - this is the same as before, except seen from the POV of 8A plates. Its a multiplier you can apply to 8A markup to see how much over / below it you can pay, again, adjusted for getting more / less protection. Again, don't pay more to stay as eco as 8A. Note that this is not directly comparable to the previous.

The plates:
Code:
Plate: 			Mark.5B
Protection: 		29
Max decay: 		2.51
Eco:			11.54

Plate:			Neverdie MK2(L)
Protection: 		30 
Max decay:		1.94
Eco: 			15.48
Implied Markup:		1.34
Adjusted (5B) markup: 	1.42
Adjusted (8A) markup:	1.01

Plate:			Pop dragon mk1(L)
Protection: 		30 
Max decay:		2.08
Eco: 			14.4
Implied Markup:		1.25
Adjusted (5B) markup: 	1.32
Adjusted (8A) markup:	0.94

Plate:			Mark.8A(L)
Protection: 		32
Max decay:		2.35
Eco: 			13.63
Implied Markup:		1.18
Adjusted (5B) markup: 	1.4

Plate:			Pulsar 5(L)
Protection: 		33
Max decay:		2.49
Eco: 			13.27
Implied Markup:		1.15
Adjusted (5B) markup: 	1.44
Adjusted (8A) markup:	1.03

Plate:			Rudolf MK3(L)
Protection: 		36
Max decay:		2.45
Eco: 			14.72
Implied Markup:		1.28
Adjusted (5B) markup: 	1.86
Adjusted (8A) markup:	1.33

Plate:			Pulsar 8(L)
Protection: 		36
Max decay:		2.64
Eco: 			13.64
Implied Markup:		1.18
Adjusted (5B) markup: 	1.73
Adjusted (8A) markup:	1.23

PS. Seriously though, 5B is not very eco. It just happens using plates + armor is less horribly uneco than super armor.

Back