Question: Auction Orders

AL Killmore

Old Alpha
Society
Federation of Free Wanderers
Hello, I've returned to the game recently after a few years of rest and have some issues with auction:

Back in the days, when an order was placed and you sell on buyout below it, you instantly got the transaction done and the ped in your card. Now, I constantly see offers 5-10% below existing orders (I've done a few as well) and NOTHING HAPPENS. Why is that? How do orders work in present day?

Well its been same thing for years. An order can have bid. If there is bid you wont be able to fill the order if your quantity is larger than the Order - bid quantity.

Dont want to waste peds ? Check the order % and see if its any bid in auc.

Obviously, the quantity I was selling was lower than the quantity in the order. What is this "bid" thing? How do you "bid" an order? It used to be instant trade.

Man when someone puts an order and there are items listed in auction with lower start bid the oder will put a bid on those. Thats why you can't sell to it, because its reserved ped on that bid.

Obviously, the quantity I was selling was lower than the quantity in the order. What is this "bid" thing? How do you "bid" an order? It used to be instant trade.
If you place an order and an item has a higher BO but a lower SB, the order ill place a bid and a part of the quantity from the order will get "locked" to that sale, without updating in the order the qunatity

Order also makes bid if the SB is less than the order mu, and those existing bids are calculated in the numbers.
For example, order for 1000 muscle oil, new offer 100 of it placed on AH with low SB, but high BO, order will bid SB for the 100.
You than see order, post the 1000 muscle oil for the good price, but it wont buy, because order have 900 left only, 100 reserved on that existing bid.

So when you post to fill an order, be sure to check and try to figure out if that order is have any existing bid already.

I call it fake order... You need to go and check all the offers and see if there is any bid on them, that could be auto bid when the order was created, if yes the quantity is deduced. Yeah silly system, had me relist stuff twice lots of times and Mindark doesn't care.

Since no one can withdraw a SB why isn't the quantity deduced on the order? It that so hard to code?

So the info for the quantity in orders is basically useless?
And I have to decrease it manually with existing bids on offers at lower %? Also is there any way to bypass this? Like if your SB = BO, will that work? I want my instant peds, kek.

Alina explained that you need to look at sales and see if there are bids and substract that amount from the order to see the remaining order. It's a bit of math but it's not hard :D

So the info for the quantity in orders is basically useless?
And I have to decrease it manually with existing bids on offers at lower %? Also is there any way to bypass this? Like if your SB = BO, will that work? I want my instant peds, kek.
It won't work. PEDs from order are reserved for those bids already. You can't bypass this.
Quantity in order is basically useless in this case, as you told.

Last edited:
It's so tiresome. Thanks a lot for the answers. I think I understand the issue now. Would be cool the see what part of an order is "locked" and not do math on all orders and offers but it is what it is.

It's so tiresome. Thanks a lot for the answers. I think I understand the issue now. Would be cool the see what part of an order is "locked" and not do math on all orders and offers but it is what it is.

Well, you can check the existing bids, for example, if the existing bids are from 3 different peoples, than 2 of them is not from the buy order.
There is some way to calculate things, when you do, calculate with the worst, and than you are safe.

This can get frustrating for sure. There are people that are so frustrated that quit the game or just wreck their chance of doign well in the game. Having patience with what you need to sell is essential in the game, if you want to play it right. The alternative is gambling. If you're not looking to gamble, then you're looking to sell a service that includes your time, your investment in gear, your investment in skills, your strategy and so on. Every day I see people, new and old players alike, doing the worst mistakes with their loot, like selling in AH with SB of 100%, selling to orders, constantly cutting, bad stack ratio, ofc a lot of peopl sell to TT.

Selling to TT only affects one's finances, all the other affect the game's economy, constantly lowering the markup of a resource the players will farm for years and then same players bitch about the economy of the game being trash. It's people's money but some actions have consequences on long and very long term on the game even if some have just too much money to care about a few thousands $ to loose every year....

Back